Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 10:10:58 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37652
  • Latest: Han2024
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773289
  • Total Topics: 66348
  • Online Today: 690
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 630
Total: 632

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: tested positive oct 13 , after a few months of being sick.  (Read 6743 times)

Offline billyinflorida

tested positive oct 13 , after a few months of being sick.
« on: November 09, 2010, 02:49:40 pm »
I have been reading alot of your post and it has helped me alot. Some of the questions and answers are alot of what i have been thinking about.

I got sick in late august with a bad flu ( i thought ). After a week on medicine i was getting worse, ended up in the emergency room. Was having stomache problems , high fevers and headaches. Then problems with my liver and gal bladder (both enlarged) and breathing problems. Was on medical leave from work for almost a month. Then after i was getting better and went back to work, i got sick again. I was sent to a pulmonary doctor to get checked out . After only 5 minutes of talking to her , she asked when my last hiv test was. Although i had thought about it, i figure it couldnt be it because none of the MANY doctors had brought it up. So now im feeling alot better, just tired and no energy still. Went to see my new hiv doctor and got blood work done, go back next week to find out the counts and everything else.

Because i was sick for so long i had no choice but to tell my family and best friends. Im really glad i did because ALL of them have been great. Im getting so much support from them. I still have bad days but i think doing good so far .

Offline newt

• the one and original newt
Re: tested positive oct 13 , after a few months of being sick.
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2010, 06:01:56 pm »
Welcome to the forums

I am sorry you ended up HIV-posiitive. But, everything will work out okay I am sure.

It's great you got supportive family and friends.

Let us all know how it goes.

- matt
"The object is to be a well patient, not a good patient"

nychope1

« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2010, 07:39:21 pm »
Sorry about your diagnosis, Billy..
I am new to this too. This forum has been indispensable to me for information, support and my sanity! Don't hesitate to ask questions here. Everyone is very helpful. Good luck to you.

Offline billyinflorida

« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2010, 07:58:52 pm »
Thank you both,and im sorry about your diagnosis also. im glad i was able to find this site , seems like it will help alot.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2010, 03:33:48 pm »
Hi Billy,

Welcome!

Sounds like you had a rough post-infection period. Another friend of mine had a very similarly tough time this summer and now he's doing well.

We're glad you found your way here. It is important that you have a good doctor to work with as a partner in keeping you well. Beyond that gradually you're going to learn everything that you need to and there's no rush about it. You're always welcome here to ask questions or to talk about anything that's on your mind.

I am happy to hear that your family and friends have responded well to your news.

Remember that you're always welcome here.

Cheers to you.
Andy Velez

Offline peteb

« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2010, 04:17:04 pm »
Hi welcome to the forum :)

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2010, 07:22:37 pm »
Welcome Billy!

So sorry to hear about the rough road you've had. But it's good to hear your family is being very supportive, that alone will help you immensely.

Keep us updated when you get your labs.

-Will
POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,
2/4/13, CD4 - 489, UD, 28%

Current Meds: Prezista/Epzicom/ Norvir

Offline billyinflorida

« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2010, 08:08:02 am »
Thanks guys, you all seem great. I will let you know how the labs turn out. I go next week on the 16 , 2 days before my 40th b-day.  Never thought i would be starting the next chapter of my life like this. Take care everyone and thanks...........Billy

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.