Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 09:43:01 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37649
  • Latest: MSB92
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773264
  • Total Topics: 66345
  • Online Today: 361
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 334
Total: 334

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: MF sex- Prolonged sex with internal ejaculation - high risk??  (Read 5884 times)

Offline Leur88

Hello, I'm 23 year old male living and studying abroad (UK). 
I have serious relationship and I am engaged.
It was almost perfect but I ended up cheating on her.
Sorry for long story in advance, but English is not my mother tongue so I'll try my best:
Last month, on 20Th of February I had unprotected sex with other girl i knew for very short time. She was not a virgin by any means and had many partners before me and maybe after. What happened with her was more like sex session as it lasted for almost 12 hours. I came in her multiple times, but after each time i urinated and did some washing up. My penis was all red and irritated after that.

More than 2 weeks ago I've noticed strange itchy feeling just near the hole, almost on the string (it's very hard to trace where is starting to itch) and after couple days from that I've noticed cloudy discharge coming out in the mornings.  And i had strange irritation and itchiness on testicles and sometimes on other parts of body, like i probably haven't washed my hands very well and touched my eye and later nose, so they started to itch. Now I'm still getting cloudy discharge sometimes but it is not yellowish anymore, but white. It burns a bit when i pee and itchy feeling appears and disappears randomly.
I know this can't be related to HIV, and I was still panicking about getting STD, but what happened later scarred last living crap out of me.
About 4 days ago I've got a mild fever and very tight chest. I had some dry coughs and I've experienced vertigo and felt nauseous (almost threw up couple of times). My lymph glands were OK. It went away after 2 days as I probably stopped worrying so much after reading that HIV is not that easy to transmit.
But... Now I'm worrying about my girlfriend as we had unprotected sex couple times this month. Two days ago she got low grade fever with low temperature, sore throat, painful body and massive lymph glands. And she doesn't worry about STDs and HIV as she doesn't know i was cheating on her so her symptoms (unlike mine) have to be real..
What are my risks of contracting HIV from a female if sex was prolonged and I ejaculated in her couple of times (As i was reading here it might increase risk several hundred times)?.. Can i consider my situation a high risk one?
I don't know if that female was infected or not. She recently said that she is OK and she is doesn't want to speak about it as I probably freaking out because of nothing. She stopped replying me and started to hang out with other guys.
Sorry if my question is too long and repetitive, but now I'm panicking and I'm feeling so stressed over this.. that I even gave up my studies.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2012, 10:21:07 pm by Leur88 »

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
Re: MF sex- Prolonged sex with internal ejaculation - high risk??
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2012, 09:13:44 pm »
It sounds to me as though you've contracted an STI such as gonorrhoea, chlamydia or non-specific urethritis.

And yes, you've had a risk for HIV transmission as well.

You need to attend a Genito-Urinary Medicine Clinic (aka a GUM clinic) and seek medical attention. You need a full sexual health screen.

I do not think this is necessarily a "high" risk for HIV transmission but it certainly is a risk situation.

The HIV testing window period is 3 months. This means you should test 3 months after the unprotected sexual encounter in February.

You also have a responsibility to encourage your girlfriend to be tested. Not just for HIV but for other STIs as well. If you have one of those STIs then you have probably infected her as well. Diseases like chlamydia and gonorrhoea are very serious for women and can lead to sterility.

I appreciate that your predicament is not a pleasant one and in future you should make sure you use condoms whenever you have anal or vaginal sex.

MtD

Offline Leur88

« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2012, 07:10:53 am »
Hello! Thank You very much for Your answer! Can't describe how panicked I am.
I'm going to see my doctor on Friday and will get tested for all std's soon as possible.
Can i get tested for HIV earlier? Or do I have to wait for 3 months for accurate results?
The funny part - in 8 years of my sexual life it was just third time I had sex without condom and she was second girl I had sex with. As I was always the safe guy so now I'm in the panic mode.

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2012, 07:17:56 am »
Hello! Thank You very much for Your answer! Can't describe how panicked I am.
I'm going to see my doctor on Friday and will get tested for all std's soon as possible.
Can i get tested for HIV earlier? Or do I have to wait for 3 months for accurate results?
The funny part - in 8 years of my sexual life it was just third time I had sex without condom and she was second girl I had sex with. As I was always the safe guy so now I'm in the panic mode.

If you test for HIV now and receive a positive result, that's a definitive result. If the test result is negative you will have to test again at the end of the window period, ie 3 months from 20 February.

Most people who test positive for HIV do so around the 3 - 6 week mark, the average being 22 days.

As I noted above, I don't think HIV is the biggest risk here, if I were you I'd be more concerned about another STI such as gono or chlamydia.

But you do need to be tested for HIV. There's no doubt about that.

I also would like once more to stress the importance of you telling your girlfriend to be tested too if you've not done so already. You should also tell the girl you had sex with in February. This is very important. The people at the GUM clinic will help you do the contact tracing.

MtD

Offline Leur88

« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2012, 07:35:28 am »
Thanks for clearing it up!
Yes, I've asked that girl to be tested but she said that she will indeed but I have a strange feeling as she will not as she think it's my imagination and I'm overreacting because she is symptomless. But if I tell her that i contracted something, maybe it will change her mind.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2012, 01:02:32 pm »
Although wanting her to test is a common response from partners who are unsure about their own status, it's only your own negative test result taken at the right time that really matters and can be relied upon.

So your negative at 3 months will be conclusive. As Matty has indicated, a negative at 6 weeks will be very encouraging and a strong indication that you are likely to continue to test negative.
Andy Velez

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2012, 02:57:11 pm »
Thanks for clearing it up!
Yes, I've asked that girl to be tested but she said that she will indeed but I have a strange feeling as she will not as she think it's my imagination and I'm overreacting because she is symptomless. But if I tell her that i contracted something, maybe it will change her mind.

This is why STIs such as gono and chlamydia can be so problematic. They are asymptomatic in a large number of cases but they still cause damage.

The GUM clinic staff can help you with this. Mention it to them.

MtD

Offline Leur88

« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2012, 03:51:28 pm »
If I'll be tested positive in any STD I will give her name to GUM staff and they will contact the person with a letter. Hopefully that girl will wise up as she is calm as a virgin.
PS. I'm very happy to get such prompt and professional answers as I'm feeling now that emotions are taking over. I've started feeling my symptoms more clearly(nausea, vertigo, stiff neck, lack of appetite, mild fever, pain in muscles and bones and etc.) Waiting for a test is unbearable for me. Maybe my panic and fear causes all these symptoms - some people here are/were having notebook ARS symptoms even if their risk was minimal/even after being tested negative. But i'm trying to keep it cool and rational as I have family depending on me.
Thank You for Your help people

Offline Leur88

« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2012, 10:02:46 am »
Hello again. Finally I've got tested(full std scan) but haven't got my results back. I've still received gonorrhea medicine and it seams to work to certain extent as I don't feel constant pain. I think now I've got my mind back on track, no panic and finally can eat and sleep like before.
Now the difficult part - results. I was tested exactly 2 months after exposure. After I get results - lets presume they are negative, how sound should I feel or i certainly do need to get retested again? (On 20 th of May and 20 th August?) And can i trust test that was done so early?
I was doing research and some sources contradict each other, so again, I trust You guys more than some old articles from 2002 or my GP that doesn't know a thing about STDs. Thanks in advance

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2012, 11:37:56 am »
Leur,

The vast majority of people who have actually been infected will seroconvert and test positive by six weeks, with the average time to seroconversion being only 22 days.

A six week (or more) negative is highly unlikely to change, but must be confirmed at the three month point.

So yes, you need to test again at the three month point, but your result is very unlikely to change. While you're at it, you should re-test for gonorrhea and chlamydia to make sure the treatment was successful. Good luck.

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.