Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 08:13:29 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37652
  • Latest: Han2024
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773292
  • Total Topics: 66348
  • Online Today: 677
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 645
Total: 647

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Conference tonight: "HIV and Aging. Whats new?"  (Read 4202 times)

Offline bear60

Conference tonight: "HIV and Aging. Whats new?"
« on: September 18, 2012, 01:17:51 pm »
I'm going to this conference at the William Way Center tonight.  More on that later.
Poz Bear Type in Philadelphia

Online leatherman

• Global Moderator
  • Google and HIV meds are Your Friends
Re: Conference tonight: "HIV and Aging. Whats new?"
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2012, 04:29:41 pm »
I'm going to this conference at the William Way Center tonight.  More on that later.
have a good time and let us know how it went  ;)
leatherman (aka Michael)

We were standing all alone
You were leaning in to speak to me
Acting like a mover shaker
Dancing to Madonna then you kissed me
And I think about it all the time
- Darren Hayes, "Chained to You"

Offline bear60

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2012, 12:11:20 pm »
Despite a nearly hurricane like weather pattern ( wind and rain) there were a good number of folks who turned out for the conference.
Food was served.  The usual number of freeloaders came in, ate and left very early. 
There were three speakers. A Doctor, a Wellness Coach, and a Nutritionist/Fitness coach.  Not one had anything new to say.  Its a shame. 
    The table next to me was "ending" the doctors statements BEFRORE she even finished.  Lots of Charts and graphs.  Did you know 50 % of HIV cases are people over 50?  etc etc
   The Wellness guy works with people who have problems with lipoatrophy and wasting.  He talked about exercise and Sculptra.  Did you know Medicare pays for Sculptra?
     The nutritionist talked about eating a balanced diet with proper amount of calories each day.  Also, talked about visualizing, visualization.  Right before you go to sleep, you visualize yourself being well.  (Sound familiar?)
       The worst part of the evening for me was seeing my old acquaintence who was one of the organizers.  He had gone blind from a CMV infection in 1995.  But he made it to the new PI's and is alive today.  I was so sad to see that he had lost his eyesight.  Otherwise I am glad I went to give support to this group. 
         Their next meeting sounds good.  They will have legal aid there to help folks prepare living wills and power of attorney documents.
Poz Bear Type in Philadelphia

Online leatherman

• Global Moderator
  • Google and HIV meds are Your Friends
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2012, 05:29:07 pm »
Food was served.  The usual number of freeloaders came in, ate and left very early. 

Their next meeting sounds good.  They will have legal aid there to help folks prepare living wills and power of attorney documents.
we don't serve food until afterwards at many of our educational/advocacy efforts ;)

it's always a good time to make sure those legal docs are all together, so hope you have a nice time at the next meeting
leatherman (aka Michael)

We were standing all alone
You were leaning in to speak to me
Acting like a mover shaker
Dancing to Madonna then you kissed me
And I think about it all the time
- Darren Hayes, "Chained to You"

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.