Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 03:04:37 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37635
  • Latest: Ranoye
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773156
  • Total Topics: 66329
  • Online Today: 226
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 203
Total: 204

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: Living in constant fear  (Read 4305 times)

Offline Worried cant get past

• Standard
Living in constant fear
« on: June 03, 2022, 07:08:39 am »
Good afternoon, Firstly thank you for taking the time to read and respond to my question.

I don't really want to gonin to detail regarding the cause of my concern as it was not at my consent.

Since it happened I have had 4 duo tests;
14 days
28 days
35 days
47 days

I have also had a RNA PCR tesr at 41 days.

I haven't spoken to anyone about the situation other that thoses carrying out the tests, it just seems everyday I get a symptom that seems to be realted in some way, like I wouke up and both my big toe nails had gone blue, I keep having body aches, sweaty hands and feet, and so on. I have been taking beta blockers for axniety.

My question I suppose would be am I correct in saying my tests are conclusive?

Thank you again for your time.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2022, 07:31:02 am by Worried cant get past »

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
  • Threads: @jim16309
    • Social Media: Threads
Re: Living in constant fear
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2022, 07:31:34 am »
Suppose you did not take PEP, and the exposure was sexual. e.g condomless intercourse, then the non-reactive six+ weeks (Lab) HIV antibody test result you have will rarely ever change and retesting at three months is generally not needed.

If you took PEP or the exposure wasn't sex, let me know.

it just seems everyday I get a symptom that seems to be realted in some way, like I wouke up and both my big toe nails had gone blue, I keep having body aches and so on.

It's not related to HIV from whatever the incident was. See your GP for treatment and I hope you feel better soon.

Kind regards

Jim

Please Note.
As a member of the "Do I have HIV" Forum, you are required to only post in this one thread no matter how long between visits or the subject matter. You can find this thread by going to your profile and selecting show own post, and it will take you here. It helps us to help you when you keep all your thoughts or questions in one thread, and it helps other readers to follow the discussion. Any additional threads will removed.

HIV 101 - Everything you need to know
HIV 101
Read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
Read about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
Read about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

• Standard
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2022, 07:40:47 am »
Hi Jim - Thank you so much for your response, it must be said that you are such a wonderful person for giving yourself to help a lot of people.

I did not take any PEP, I was not aware of this until it was to late. It was sexual, the traumatic event really impacted me a still contiues to do so.

I am in the UK, the GUM clinic i visited would not test me again after 5 weeks as they said 28 days is sufficient, therefore after reading up on the Internet, I decided to pay privately for the RNA and the 4th duo test which was also a 4th generation test at 47 days.

Would the tests have picked up if any of the symptoms I have experienced have been related?

I have closed myself off from a lot in my life, I am also well aware of any contact I have with my young children because of the fear I have been dealing with.

I find it so strange how I am happy to accept all other tests I have hid done but not this one, is that a common process for people?

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2022, 08:03:12 am »
Hiya,

I am in the UK. The GUM clinic i visited would not test me again after 5 weeks as they said 28 days is sufficient, therefore after reading up on the Internet, I decided to pay privately for the RNA and the 4th duo test which was also a 4th generation test at 47 days.

Would the tests have picked up if any of the symptoms I have experienced have been related?

The symptoms, as I mentioned, are not related to HIV from this event. However, I will stress that you should see a GP to check the real cause and treat these issues, don't leave these issues unchecked.

Regarding the HIV test results, presuming the HIV antibody test wasn't a rapid test kit, the non-reactive result you have from 6+ weeks will rarely ever change, and I see no reason for further HIV testing over this event.

I have closed myself off from a lot in my life, I am also well aware of any contact I have with my young children because of the fear I have been dealing with.

It was sexual, the traumatic event really impacted me a still contiues to do so.

Look, I wish you well, and I am sorry to hear that you have experienced something traumatic.

How and when you try to manage what you experienced, and the fear is up to you. However, if it's impacting your day-to-day life, including your children's, I would suggest having at least the initial conversation with a healthcare provider about this struggle and finding out what supports are available should you wish to have support.

I find it so strange how I am happy to accept all other tests I have hid done but not this one, is that a common process for people?

Common, no,  but it happens. 

Take care.

HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

• Standard
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2023, 06:40:47 pm »
Hi - I just wanted some advice. I have done over 20 tests in 11 months, all negative. They were all 4th gen and 3 rna tests. Can I be certain that I am negative?

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2023, 06:48:03 pm »
Twenty HIV tests are excessive, unneeded and not helpful. You did not aquire HIV 11 months ago, and you don't have HIV unless you have had other ongoing exposures.

If you can't move on with your life, consider talking to a therapist.

HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.