Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 02:24:33 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772946
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 424
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 357
Total: 357

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: New to this gruop want to share some information  (Read 4103 times)

Offline gladiatorharsh

New to this gruop want to share some information
« on: May 05, 2007, 12:34:32 pm »
Hello to all you lucky guys....
I am writing to you from india.
i am 27 yo guy..living a positive life...for myself and my family.
i was tested pos in july 06 and since then i am still positive..
   I have not started any ART treatment yet..i on multivitamens and diet regime...
I want to share some of personal experience.
I came to know about a medicine which works for postive people in a positive way.
www.aids-medicine.com they give a powder which has shown very good results in many people.
my viral laod was <20 and CD4 was 600  and T4 29.4% in august 06.
my CD4 april 07 is 664 and T4 28.5%. a gap of 9 months.
I took the powder given above for last 3 months.And I am doing fine.
I feel sometimse dizzy and have some weird sensations on my left feet thumb.
But it comes and goes and its not there for some time now.
 I am very serious about this post and would like you all to please give your useful comment.
I got all this information about the diet from internet.
I want to share my diet and the medicines that i am currently taking.

I take basil(tulsi-indian name) in the morning.milk with honey.
cereals(oatmeal) some fruits..1 tspn powder(mentioned above)
during the day i eat gooseberry(amla -indian name)it got antioxidants and vitamin C.
I think it helps me to give me a fresh start.
In the night I take the same powder 1 tspn with honey and take tablet of immunace plus(given to me by my doctor).
I also take triphala powder one tspn mixed with amla powder and bel(fruit) powder in warm water.
triphala give you energy and cleans your body.Bel helps in digestion and Amla to give u extra energy and clean your body.
I dnt smoke drink or take drugs.
I want you to please look at the site that I have given above.
Actually I really worked hard to get all this information as I cant tell my family what all I have done to mysefl.
I am a Mtech and work as soft engineer.My family expects a lot from me...I will tell them one day when may be I fell too ill.But till then I dont want to create any deprssion for my mother.She wont be able to bear this shock.I am very scared.
I met one guy who has taken that powder for last 8years.he now works and provides the same powder in a ayurvedic hospital.He had TB 8 years back and when he got the TB treatment he caught hepatitis B.He started ART but it made his conditions worse.
His sister then gave her this medicine which was only available(8years back in south of india).This medicine is now availabe in mumbai also.Now he stays in mumbai city only and works for the same ayurvedic company in a government hospital.and i got the chance to meet him.
He told me that his doctor told him that he would die in next 3 months so he lost all hopes.
But after taking this powder he has lived with no severe symptoms for 8 long years.
I am amazed when i saw him and met him personally.
  I am not here to do any advertisement of any product.
May be i want to rely on such things which show life to me.I am all scared now.
But I must say that this powder has really worked.I would like to hear you comments.
Please reply to me as I am very confused about all this.
I told my doctor but since he belives only in allopathy he wants me to stop the powder at once.
But After talking to that guy and meeting him and listening to all his story i want to keep my life on stake.
I am still taking that powder and let see how it goes.
I will try to keep my CD4 high but after it falls I have to strat ART no ther option.
I have to do a fresh VL test.I will keep you guys informed about all this.
Please think and reply to me.just dont reject all this because its not a known well accepted truth.
please reply

Offline risred1

• My Source for Supps - www.newyorkbuyersclub.org
Re: New to this gruop want to share some information
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2007, 10:51:00 pm »
I know anything about Indian Herbal Medicines, so I looked up your Powder and found that no ingredients are listed.

However in searching the interent I found the following about Guggul, which appears to be the source of the herbal treatment.

Based upon this commentary, which is the only article I found, I don't see the connection, except the effect to alleviating rhumatoid Arthiritis, which is an immune disorder, may help as a immune system modulator, which herbs like Astragalus and Eurerthro also are claimed to have.

Modulator's, for lack of a better word, and the idea of a "balancing effect" are the terms applied to these substances. I can't really discern what modulation or balancing does, but i do take Astragauls, and it seems to help me keep my CD4 stable.

Here in the US, we always get to see the ingredients in a formula, I would wish it the same for your powder. Since I know nothing about Indian medicine, I can't comment positively or negatively about your formulas, but the bottom line is how you are doing on them. Which seems pretty well at this time.

A good source for information in the US about favored Supplements can be found at the following site: www.newyorkbuyersclub.org. Let me know if you have any questions.

Focus here on supplements are centered around a complete multi vitamin with high B-complex, Trace Minerals and Selinium at a daily dose of 200 mcg per day. Additionally, Alpha Lipoic Acid, NAC and Carnintine are favored Anti Oxidents that seem to compensate for the effect of HIV on Gluatione levels and sulphur depletion caused by HIV. Additionally, the supplements also are for those on Pharmacutical Medicines that have some toxicity issues.

Attached below is the commentary I found on guggul:

– Herbal Remedies to Lower Cholesterol
      By Dr John Anne

General Description

The guggul tree (sometimes spelt as 'guggulu') is an indigenous Indian tree which found abundantly in the temperate climates of north India. It is a small shrub, not more than 4 meters in height. It has a thin bark with thorny branches and trifoliate leaves. It has red or pink flowers with four petals each.

The gum of the guggul tree is used extensively in Ayurvedic medicine. This gum is a yellowing resinous substance that is obtained from the stem of the guggul plant. The guggul plant is very well established in Ayurveda. Even in Sushruta Samhita, one of the most detailed works on Ayurvedic medicine, the virtues of the guggul in the treatment of obesity and rheumatism are recorded. Guggul is commercially available for the treatment of cholesterol and triglyceride deposits in the body. Western research has proven that guggulsterone, a chemical available in the guggul gum is the main beneficial factor in lowering cholesterol. Guggulipid, an extract of the guggul gum is also effective in lowering blood cholesterol.

The guggul is famous in the west with the name mukul myrrh tree. Biologically, it is named Commiphora wightii or Commiphora mukul. In Ayurveda, guggul is rarely taken in its pure form. Whenever it is prescribed for direct oral medication, the guggul needs to be purified. This method of purifying the guggul herb is known as the shodhana. Shodhana is done by boiling the herb in either cow's milk or its urine. This makes the drug more acceptable to the human body, but it reduces its volatile oil content and hence makes the drug a little less effective in therapeutic terms.

Properties

Guggul is known to have the following properties:-

(i) Guggul disintegrates the cholesterol accumulated in the body. Hence it is used in the treatment of various cardiovascular problems.

(ii) Guggul flushes out the toxins from the body and promotes easy digestion of foods. It has a mild laxative effect.

(iii) Guggul is known to be a liver stimulator.

(iv) Guggul purifies the blood.

(v) Guggul has a treating effect on the nervous system.

Uses

(i) Cervical Spondylosis

Cervical spondylosis is a special type of arthritis which affects the cervical vertebrae, i.e. the vertebrae of the neck region. For the treatment of this disease, guggul is by far the best remedy. It is used in the form of its preparation Simhanada Guggul. The dosage prescribed for the patients is two to four tablets twice a day, followed by a glass of hot water or milk. Due to its laxative effect, it also removes the ama, i.e. the toxic buildup of waste materials in the body. If the bowels move in a regular fashion, the pains of spondylosis are very much reduced. In fact it is only after treating constipation first that any medication for the spondylosis would work.

(ii) Constipation

Guggul is a laxative. It facilitates the movement of the bowels and keeps the digestive system clean.

(iii) Obesity

Guggul is used primarily in the treatment of obesity. It is used in a very unconventional way. The gum resin of the guggul is used to make incense sticks. These are lighted and the fumes are inhaled. Guggul can also be given internally for obese people. Both Navaka Guggul and Triphala Guggul are effective in the treatment of obesity.

(iv) Rheumatism

Yogaraj Guggul is extensively used in the treatment of rheumatism. Two to four tablets twice a day need to be taken. The dose must be followed by a glass of hot water or milk.

(v) Sciatica

Guggul is very effective in treating problems related to the nervous system. It is given to the patient of sciatica in the form of Yogaraja Guggul, of which guggul is the main ingredient. The dosage is two tablets four times a day along with warm milk or water.

Special Ayurvedic Preparations

(i) Guggul Tiktaka ghrita

Guggul Tiktata ghrita is elaborately prepared by boiling guggul in a special kind of butter.

(ii) Navaka Guggul

Navaka Guggul is a combination of guggul with other important herbs. It is generally used in weight loss.

(iii) Simhanada Guggul

Simhanada Guggul is a preparation with guggul with the main ingredient which is used as treatment for cervical spondylosis.

(iv) Triphala Guggul

Triphala Guggul is a compound extract (of triphala) to which guggul is added.

(v) Yogaraja Guggul

Yogaraja Guggul is a very special preparation with guggul as the main ingredient. It is a mixture of about twenty powder extracts, among which guggul is the chief ingredient. It is used as a carminative, for lowering cholesterol and as an antipyretic.

Apart from these, there are many other guggul preparations being widely used such as Gokshuradi Guggul, Salai Guggul, Amrutadi Guggul, Kaishora Guggul, Kanchanara Guggul, Trayodashanga Guggul and Maha Yogaraja Guggul.

Precautions

The use of guggul must always be done under the supervision of an Ayurvedic physician. Excess of guggul almost always causes a rash on the body. But there are other more serious problems associated with an over-intake of guggul. For one, guggul interferes with the liver functions. Hence people with liver conditions must not use guggul. Guggul is used in the treatment of digestive problems. But an excess of guggul can worsen the conditions. People having constant problems such as diarrhea and inflammatory bowel disorder must avoid taking guggul.

Read how Guggul helps in Lowering Cholesterol at http://www.ayurvediccure.com - World's Finest Portal on Ayurveda and Herbal Remedies

Article Source: http://www.free-articles-zone.com      
risred1 - hiv +
02/07 CD4 404 - 27% - VL 15k
10/07 CD4 484 - 31% - VL 45k
05/08 CD4 414 - 26% - VL 70k
01/09 CD4 365 - 23% - VL 65k
05/09 CD4 291 - 23% - VL 115k - Started Meds - Reyataz/Truvada
06/09 CD4 394 - ?% - VL 1200 - Boosted Reyataz with Norvir and Truvada
07/09 CD4 441 - ?% - VL 118 - Boosted Reyataz with Norvir and Truvada
09/09 CD4 375 - ?% - VL Undetectable - Boosted Reyataz with Norvir and Truvada
12/09 CD4 595 - ?% - VL Undetectable - VIT D 34 - Reyataz/Truvada/Norvir

Offline gladiatorharsh

Re: New to this gruop want to share some information
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2007, 12:45:45 pm »
hello guys..
i was expecting a lot of reply to this forum.i have really met that guy and he is doing so much fine.
he was going to die 8 years back and now he is living WITHOUT the ART and workign and earning for his family.this is just a miracle.Just that these ayurvedic medicines doesnt have the government force to sell it.
please have a look at that site and send your replies

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.