Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 10:32:38 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773185
  • Total Topics: 66334
  • Online Today: 548
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 544
Total: 545

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Off Topic Forum / Re: Republican SuperAIDS!
« Last post by Jim Allen on Today at 07:12:00 am »
Boo! 😂

Given the reagan administration's response to AIDS I wanted it to be true..

Was looking forward to collecting all the Super AIDS republican action figures. Had hoped they released a Nancy & Ronald special addition
Do I Have HIV? / Re: Receptive anal sex with rectal bleeding
« Last post by Jim Allen on Today at 07:05:14 am »
the bleeding was irrelevant.

What you posted isn't an HIV concern, relax, move on with your life, get an STI & HIV screening every three months if possible.
« Last post by asianboy_90 on Today at 07:01:42 am »
Thank you so much for the prompt reply. I really appreciate it.

Can I just confirm my understanding that, given i have rectal bleeding during the intercourse or not are irrelevant. As long as it was protected (as I see the condom was intact on his penis before he remove it), it post no risk for hiv transmission?
Off Topic Forum / Re: Republican SuperAIDS!
« Last post by leatherman on Today at 06:28:00 am »
while I did find this as a fake product on a mattel creations forum, "aids" not "aides" was a dead give-away. Still it's a hilarious concept.  ;D
« Last post by Jim Allen on Today at 06:18:34 am »
Read your post three times. What you posted isn't an HIV concern, bleeding afterwards makes no difference.

As you are a PrEP user ideally you should be getting an STI & HIV screening every three months. No need for PrEP interruption.

Here's what you need to know to reduce your HIV risks:
Use condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse correctly and consistently, with no exceptions. Consider talking to your healthcare provider about PrEP as an additional layer of protection against HIV

Keep in mind that some sexual practices described as safe in terms of acquiring HIV still pose a risk for other easier-acquired STIs. So please do get tested at least yearly for STIs, including but not limited to HIV, and more frequently if condomless intercourse occurs.

Also, note that it is possible to have an STI and show no signs or symptoms; testing is the only way to know.

Kind regards

Jim

Please Note.
As a member of the "Do I have HIV" Forum, you are required to only post in this one thread no matter how long between visits or the subject matter. You can find this thread by going to your profile and selecting show own post, which will take you here. It helps us to help you when you keep all your thoughts or questions in one thread, and it helps other readers to follow the discussion. Any additional threads will be removed.
Do I Have HIV? / Receptive anal sex with rectal bleeding
« Last post by asianboy_90 on Today at 06:13:25 am »
Hi,

A few day ago, I had protective receptive anal with a guy I know from the dating app. The act was enjoyable. However, I notice excessive blood on my BW the next days. It lasted for 3 days before it stop bleeding. I am also on Generic Prep for almost a year. 

Given the fact that:

1. I had protected anal sex. There is no risk for catching HIV.
2. My Prep regime act as a an additional protective layer against HIV.

However, I was wondering if somehow there is a small amount of pre-cum leak through the condom (likely not), given my rectal bleeding. Would my no risk assessment still valid.

On the other hand, if I were to take a hiv test. Do I need to stop taking my Prep prior to the test?

Do I Have HIV? / Re: Worried, please help 😭
« Last post by Jim Allen on Today at 05:37:51 am »
Based on your reply ,
The conclusion is , no matter the condition of the mouth ( multiple ulser/canker sore , bleeding gums , dry lips , cut on tongue , lack of saliva) , breast milk will never spread hiv to adults this way , am I right?

And there's never on earth for the past 40 years never a report says adult got infected by HIV by breast milk in regards of the condition of oral being dry or users or bleeding tongue , and I won't be in the headline of the news right?

I feel this has been asked and answered already.

Anyhow, the entire mechanics of breastfeeding and HIV transmission means at its peak for an infant via oral digestion with their underdeveloped immune system and developing tissue, the odds of acquiring HIV is about 0.00064 per litre (2.11 US Pints) of breast milk ingested.

You, however, are an adult, not an infant, you are not breastfeeding (consuming large volumes), prehaps a few drops, that don't even contain viable levels of HIV needed to infect, you have a fully developed immune system compared to an infant...

I could go on and on, but you had zero HIV risk from this activity, no "ifs" about it and your ulcers and fear of dryness are irrelevant, you could have a gaping open hole in your mouth, but there still wouldn't be an exposure.

Nobody has ever acquired HIV the way you fear, sucking on a woman's breast is common yet it makes perfect sense that it's not an HIV risk and you will not be the world's first. You literally could have taken a bath in the stuff and it still would not cause you to acquire HIV. 

Relax, and move on with your life.

Finally, as you are sexually active, use condoms for any intercourse, consider PrEP and talk to your doctor about vaccination against HPV, and Hepatitis A & B and get an STI screening yearly out of routine. 

« Last post by Haziq on Today at 05:31:56 am »
Hiya Jim

Based on your reply ,
The conclusion is , no matter the condition of the mouth ( multiple ulser/canker sore , bleeding gums , dry lips , cut on tongue , lack of saliva) , breast milk will never spread hiv to adults this way , am I right?

And there's never on earth for the past 40 years never a report says adult got infected by HIV by breast milk in regards of the condition of oral being dry or users or bleeding tongue , and I won't be in the headline of the news right?

I think this is the last post I can sent ,
I would like to wish all the mods (Jim) great health , and happiness
Live life to the fullest
And thank you for your service to the community around the world 
 :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*
« Last post by Jim Allen on Today at 05:15:40 am »
You had no exposure to viable HIV to cause infection in an adult. There is nothing to explain as the risk ends with that, condition of your face/month, your fears about a lack of saliva are irrelevant.
« Last post by Haziq on Today at 05:10:37 am »
Good day Jim ,

Thanks for the super quick reply .

Would want to understand how it's zero HIV risk?
When I have multiple lips ulser and very dry lips would not infect with the breast milk?
I'm kinda worry if my lips ulser don't have saliva and the milk kinda go in from there .

Sorry if my questions a little stupid , I hope you can explain to me in details on the lips ulser + milk + saliva topic

Thank you alot alot  :-*
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.