Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 12:24:53 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37651
  • Latest: Toropi_
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773288
  • Total Topics: 66348
  • Online Today: 590
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 569
Total: 570

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Butt wart surgery yesterday  (Read 5313 times)

Offline surf18

Butt wart surgery yesterday
« on: January 28, 2011, 07:26:12 am »
Wow after I got home that was some serious pain
Vicodin es didn't even touch it
Feels alot better today
Anyone get thst vaccine even if you have to pay for it out of pocket

Offline thunter34

• His name is Carl.
Re: Butt wart surgery yesterday
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2011, 09:25:10 am »
Anyone get thst vaccine even if you have to pay for it out of pocket

That speaks volumes about the pain.  Yeeeouch.
AIDS isn't for sissies.

Offline surf18

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2011, 09:45:03 am »
unberable last night. today much better.

Offline bmancanfly

• Medicare For All !
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2011, 11:14:36 am »
That sounds aweful.  Glad your feeling better today.
"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt."

Bertrand Russell

Offline denb45

• "1987 Classic Old School POZ+"
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2011, 11:58:10 am »
Hot bath soaks will help a lot, and get some baby wipes, to keep it clean & dry, don't use plain ole toilet paper, I haven't use that in YEARS  :)
"it's so nice to be insane, cause no-one ask you to explain" Helen Reddy cc 1974

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2011, 12:50:13 pm »
OUCH!, Surf. How were they removed? I thought freezing is common these days with less pain afterwards.

Must be heavy duty if vicodin doesn't help.

Hope you're on the mend.
Andy Velez

Offline surf18

« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2011, 12:53:43 pm »
im not sure how they removed them. i had them in august like in the butt hole area so they gave me that cream to use. then on a follow up they were back and he  did a anascope and saw some all up in there so thats the ones he had to do the nasty procedure on. feel great now.just on tyelenol now.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2011, 02:19:35 pm »
Glad to hear you're feeling better. Hope the mending continues quickly and easily.

Andy Velez

Offline J.R.E.

• Positive since 1985, joined forums 12/03
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2011, 09:10:25 pm »
Wow after I got home that was some serious pain

I hear ya!!  I was in quite a bit of pain and discomfort, when I had them removed.( and it was messy) I only had them externally.  Took a good 4-5 days for the dicomfort to settle down, before I felt somewhat normal down there.

Wishing you a speedy recovery.

Ray
Current Meds ; Viramune / Epzicom Eliquis, Diltiazem. Pravastatin 80mg, Ezetimibe. UPDATED 2/18/24
 Tested positive in 1985,.. In October of 2003, My t-cell count was 16, Viral load was over 500,000, Percentage at that time was 5%. I started on  HAART on October 24th, 2003.

UPDATED: As of April, 2nd 2024,Viral load Undetectable.
CD 4 @593 /  CD4 % @ 18 %

Lymphocytes,total-3305 (within range)

cd4/cd8 ratio -0.31

cd8 %-57

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline JustDoIt84

« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2011, 10:45:20 pm »
I had to have the procedure done twice.  It sucks.  Both times the pathology labs showed high squamous dysplasia, so I have to follow up every two months.  Everyone with HIV should be getting regular pap smears because most adults have HPV anyway.

Of you guys who had the procedure, how long have you been free and clear of the warts?  Do you do followup procedures?
05/04/10 - tested negative
06/24/10 - received indeterminate test
08/13/10 - confirmed positive - cd4 360 VL 127,000
08/21/10 - No Mutations - VL 113,000
09/01/10 - Started Atripla
10/01/10 - VL 1,427
12/02/10 - CD4 611 VL 424
01/06/11 - VL 86 (D’oh, this is taking forever!... 47 more copies to go until UD)
03/09/11 - CD4 587 VL Undetectable!!!

Offline tednlou2

« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2011, 12:12:05 am »
I hope you're feeling better--sounds like you are.  Had you taken hydrocodone in the past or recently?  I ask, because I think doctors should have more discussions about pain management with their patients.  They will often prescribe the same dosage for someone 100 pounds as they will 300 pounds.  Or, they will prescribe the same dosage to someone who has already been on pain meds as someone who has never taken them.  This happened when I had back surgery.  The doc prescribed me Vicodin 5/500 after my surgery.  Well, I had already been taking the 10/650 dosage while awaiting the surgery.  I had to tell them I would need a higher dosage.  Vicodin ES is 7/750--7 being the hydro and 750 the Tylenol.  However, even if they gave you a higher dosage, it may not have made a difference in the pain.

Anyway, I'm glad it all went well and hope the pain wasn't too awful.     

Offline surf18

« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2011, 07:22:44 am »
nope wasnt on pain killers before. i ve had pain killers before but not like regularly. i had a vike es from something else, i took that with the percusets he gave me and all that did was make me throw up. ha
but thats a good point, pain managament needs to be better.

Offline surf18

« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2011, 02:18:28 pm »
today not so good.ugh. burning. had my first ok if your squeemish dont read anymore
had my first real bath room this morning.ugggggggghhhhhhhhhh should have taken the softners!so i took the softners and now i cant stop going to the bathroom and pain that makes me go light headed each time on the tiolet. how much longer of this!!!!! and what can i do for this burning!!!!!ughhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2011, 08:41:12 pm »
today not so good.ugh. burning. had my first ok if your squeemish dont read anymore
had my first real bath room this morning.ugggggggghhhhhhhhhh should have taken the softners!so i took the softners and now i cant stop going to the bathroom and pain that makes me go light headed each time on the tiolet. how much longer of this!!!!! and what can i do for this burning!!!!!ughhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Aw honey. :(

Often this sort of pain is better dealt with by an NSAID type painkiller like Ibuprofen. Can you get yerself some Nurofen or similar?

Also a sitz bath can help.

MtD

Offline surf18

« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2011, 11:26:32 pm »
ah they gave me one of those sitz baths but i couldnt figure it out or had the patience. and i can only take tylenol cause i have an elective procedure im doing tomorrow so i cant take nasid due to bleeding etc.
this shall pass!!!

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.