Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 04:59:29 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773199
  • Total Topics: 66336
  • Online Today: 568
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 502
Total: 504

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: Fresh blood contact with penis having cut abrasion and balinitis and herpes.  (Read 5849 times)

Offline nprakash

• Standard
Hi Sir,
 I didn’t have unprotected sex no drugs and no blow job or anything. The only exposure I had was a hand Job from a lady who had a bleeding cuts in her hands and fingers and when she rubbed my urethra and head of the penis I saw a blood coming contact with my urethra and open of my Penis and also around the surface of foreskin. I had genetial herpes and also had open cut sore and itchy bumps on my foreskin and urethra. My penis head and urethra also has some itchy red pimple like dots which I had it since last 2 weeks. It could be Balanitis.
1. Since I certainly saw a blood that came in contact with my cuts and open wounds and also on foreskin am I exposed to hiv?

2. If no why am not exposed?

3. Is having genetial herpes and balanitis increase the risk of hiv as the skin is already broken and easily accessible to blood stream?

4. Seeing fresh cut and blood in her hand which she used to rub my penis urethra and hand Job is definitely not an imagination as I clearly saw the blood and it was also there on my open cut and sores. Definitely I had a blood contact with my bare penis which had cuts sores and abrasions. Am I at risk?

I’m very stressed and feeling terrified at this moment. Please help

Online Jim Allen

• Administrator
  • Threads: @jim16309
    • Social Media: Threads
So what's the story here? she needed urgent medical attention and yet gave you a handjob instead?

Anyhow no HIV concern from what you posted, HIV is sexually transmitted in quantity limited to within the confines of the human-body. Nobody has ever acquired HIV in the manner that you are concerned (Classed as Spillage) and you will not be the worlds first either.

No amount of herpes or other conditions on your genitals change that. 
So relax, and focus on your real world risks instead:

Here's what you need to know in order to avoid hiv infection:
Use condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, correctly and consistently, every time, no exceptions. Consider starting PrEP as an additional layer of HIV prevention for the future.

Keep in mind that some sexual practices which may be described as safe in terms of HIV transmission might still pose a risk for far to acquire STI's, so please do get fully tested regularly and at least yearly for all STI's including but not limited to HIV and test more frequently if unprotected intercourse occurs

Also note that it is possible to have an STI and show no signs or symptoms and the only way of knowing is by testing.

More information on HIV Basics, PEP, TaSP and Transmission can be found through the links in my signature to our POZ pages, this includes information on HIV Testing

Kind regards

Jim

Please Note.
As a member of the AM I Infected Forum you are required to only post in this one thread no matter how long between visits or the subject matter. You can find this thread by going to your profile and selecting show own post and it will take you here . It helps us to help you when you keep all your thoughts or questions in one thread and it helps other readers to follow the discussion. Any additional threads will be deleted.
HIV 101 - Everything you need to know
HIV 101
Read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
Read about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
Read about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline nprakash

• Standard
Hi Sir,

No story sir. Just a seconds before she started to give the blow job she accidentally pricked herself by rough edge and there was a bleeding. I saw blood oozing not dripping as such but she proceeded to give the hand job. It was only when she finished i saw stains of blood on penis head, on urethra including on Balinitis and herpes sores. Then i checked her hand and just pressed and again blood came out.

That's when i realized that it was a fresh wound and there was a split seconds between blood came in contact with environment and immediately came in contact with my open sores (herpes and Balinitis).

That is why i am very worried now that my broken mucous membrane came in contact with a fresh blood in very very short span of time. That is what i am worried about and not sure if i need to start the PEP?

Can you please consider the above incident and provide me a risk assessment sir?

Thank you

Online Jim Allen

• Administrator
Hiya

No HIV concern, no need to even test
Relax, and focus on your real world risks instead

Jim
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline nprakash

• Standard
Hi sir,

No risk even after direct blood contact with broken mucous membrane in very short time?

Is it not even considered as a theoretical risk?

So sir even if all the above situation has happened in reality in my case still no risk?

Not sleeping due to this as the blood I saw still makes me think I’m at risk sir

Online Jim Allen

• Administrator
Asked and answered already.

Look nothing you mentioned was a HIV concern, it did not meet all the conditions required and nobody has been infected the way you fear.

Instead of focusing on "What if" an elephant could fly issues, focus instead on things that do and can happen and reduce your risks in those activities.

Jim
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline nprakash

• Standard
Dear Sir,

Thank you for the response.

I took a paid subscriptions because i had few more concerns to check with you sir.

Sir, Whatever i mentioned it's really not an imagination or What-If scenario sir. I wish i would not have seen the blood but unfortunately my worst fear came true and I did see blood stains on my penis (in terms of quantity also it looked visible to naked eye and probably more than 1 to 2 ml). As i mentioned earlier my penis had herpes and more importantly the head of the penis both urethra and area around it was covered by blood.

There was a visible blood on the towel and also in her hand. That blood should have oozed and came in contact with my exposed penis during the process of hand job. That means there was no lag time between blood coming out and came in contact with my penis head. It was very very quick.

What worries me apart from this is also, since there was a red raised pimple like spots in my penis around urethra and when i tried to squeeze one such pimple a tiny drop of blood and a clear liquid came out of it. So it was definitely an open wound.

I also going through some websites which says having an infection in the penis head and urethra makes hiv transmission easier due to the presence of immune cells and CD4 cells in and around the wound thus make hiv virus to bind easily.

Considering my above true situation could you please to explain your assessment on my risk. It's been 14 hours since the exposure. I am still worried a lot about this. My marriage is scheduled on 14th of Feb and am very worried about this exposure.

Thank you so much for your help sir.

Online Jim Allen

• Administrator
Hiya,

I'm not going to continue answering the same question over and over again. Either you accept the risk assessment or don't but there is no point asking about the same again.

Please understand your herpes changes nothing! Stop harping on about it, 80% of the adult population has one or another version of herpes and it doesn't magically change the conditions required for HIV transmission

The handjob and a bit of blood or wound fluid is not a HIV risk, despite cuts wounds and boo boo nobody has ever been infected with HIV this way as HIV needs quantity to infect inside the body as exposure to the environment leaves the receptors damaged and unable to infect human cells!

You saw prehaps some blood, a bit few ml's or a trace and are panicking for no reason whatsoever. HIV transmission is always a biological event and what you posted here meets none of the biological requirements

Now if she had cut her hand off, requiring urgent medical  care and instead of calling for help before passing out decided  to use her bloody stump to rub your penis, than a theoretical risk, as in less odds of me being hit by a meteorite in the head whilst having a bath. ;D

I've given you clear context about when a cut or blood is an issue and you are not even close, also it's never happened before so stop stressing about never before happened in human history events!

My marriage is scheduled on 14th of Feb and am very worried about this exposure.

Congratulations I mean that and wish you both all the best

Use condoms for any intercourse and test out of routine like everyone should at yearly for HIV and the far easier to aquire STI's.

Jim

« Last Edit: January 26, 2019, 01:21:03 pm by JimDublin »
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline nprakash

• Standard
Nothing more to add sir and Thank you for wishes.

Irrespective of fresh bleeding cut from her just a second before the act of handjob, even though the blood that is fresh has come in contact with my balanitis, herpes and urethra within seconds, despite seeing it on the all over my penis head and actively bleeding cut in her hand after hand job, If you still say it's a Zero risk i would be happy to believe that sir.
But still not able to understand the fact that how it could be a no risk when everything including blood and cuts are new and there is a split second difference between bleeding and that is coming in contact with my cuts herpes and balanitis.
May be I am not able to understand the complete science behind it. If you find sometime please help to explain in science terms sir.

Thank you

Online Jim Allen

• Administrator
Your concern simply lacks exposure to viable HIV, I've explained this and lacks quantity to infect and overcome the barrier, hence nobody have been infected this way and worrying about being the first in recorded history is irreverent

Focus on your real risks, reduce them and test out of routine at least yearly

Use condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, correctly and consistently, every time, no exceptions. Consider starting PrEP as an additional layer of HIV prevention for the future.

Keep in mind that some sexual practices which may be described as safe in terms of HIV transmission might still pose a risk for far to acquire STI's, so please do get fully tested regularly and at least yearly for all STI's including but not limited to HIV and test more frequently if unprotected intercourse occurs

Also note that it is possible to have an STI and show no signs or symptoms and the only way of knowing is by testing.

More information on HIV Basics, PEP, TaSP and Transmission can be found through the links in my signature to our POZ pages, this includes information on HIV Testing

Kind regards

Jim

Please Note.
As a member of the AM I Infected Forum you are required to only post in this one thread no matter how long between visits or the subject matter. You can find this thread by going to your profile and selecting show own post and it will take you here . It helps us to help you when you keep all your thoughts or questions in one thread and it helps other readers to follow the discussion. Any additional threads will be deleted.

HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline nprakash

• Standard
Hi sir, it’s been 20 days since I had the incident I mentioned and was told that mine is no risk situation. But since today I’m having a pounding headache tiredness joint pain and lymph nodes in my groin and around neck is swollen. Feeling like I’m going to have a throat pain soon. Having overall discomfort in the throat.

I’m not sure why I’m havinh this. Do they look like ars symptoms?

Also is day 20 is ars timing?

Any help in answering and assurance will ease my mind.

The most scary part is I called the massage centre where I visited and checked if the lady who massaged me Stil there and the receptionist replied that she is sent home because she failed some medical exam. I’m very afraid now. Tomorrow is my marriage and I m feeling terrible and scared. Please help

Online Jim Allen

• Administrator
You had no risk from the activities posted here, we have explained this in detail.
I am not willing to pretend what you posted is a concern as, it would be a disservice to you and the millions of people living with HIV.

If your left leg and right arm was to fall off right now, it simply would not change the fact that it has nothing to do with HIV from the encounter posted. HIV is not a concern unless you had other risks that you have failed to mention like unprotected intercourse or sharing IV drug rigs.

the receptionist replied that she is sent home because she failed some medical exam.

Whatever is wrong with the receptionist its not your concern, why would it be? See as long as you did not have unprotected intercourse with the receptionist then there is no HIV risk from her to you.

I wish you well but there is truly nothing more we can do for you in this setting. I have explained how HIV is and is not acquired, how to avoid infection and I have provided you with a risk assessment of your encounter and explained safer sex.

Consider the topic is closed, unless you have had real exposures you would like to discuss. In the meantime move on with your life and, if you can't then speak to someone face to face to help you cope with your fears

Best, Jim 

Your concern simply lacks exposure to viable HIV, I've explained this and lacks quantity to infect and overcome the barrier, hence nobody have been infected this way and worrying about being the first in recorded history is irreverent

Focus on your real risks, reduce them and test out of routine at least yearly

Oh and keep the below in mind:

Kind regards

Jim

Please Note.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2019, 10:54:48 am by JimDublin »
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline nprakash

• Standard
No sir. Regarding the risk the activity I mentioned is the only one which I was indulged in.
I’m virgin and never used drug and never had blood transfusions.
Only the unprotected handjob is the only activity but only worried because I saw some blood on urethra and around my inner foreskin. That’s the only incident.

Online Jim Allen

• Administrator
Well than you have no rational reason for concern, as you simply had no HIV risk from the activities posted here.

As said I am not willing to pretend either, no matter how fearful or sick you feel.

If you can't move past this irrational fear speak to a therapist face to face to help you cope.

Please do not post about this again, doing so will lead to a time out from the forum (Ban) out of kindness to encourage you to seek face to face support.

Remember to use condoms for any intercourse going forward and out of standard routine like every sexually active adult should test for HIV and far easier to transmit STI's at least yearly.

Jim
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline nprakash

• Standard
Sir I have a question to ask.
I was going through a bad phase and decided to go for an erotic massage.
I opted for something called hot stone therapy where the lady took some hot black stones and rubbed my anus including the anus hole. I already had some hemmoroids which were bleeding but unfortunately I couldn’t stop her. She did like that for 5 minutes.

When she was taking the stones from the box the sharp end of the stone collector jabbed her finger and she was bleeding very badly and profusely. I didn’t stop her and she also didn’t stop there. She took a stone and started pressing and rubbing against my anal hole which was already had open sores due to hemorroids. I’m certain that there was a blood on the stone and she just had a cut and that blood would have come in contact with my sores around my anus hole. There would have been 5 seconds of gap from the time blood oozing out and came in contact with my open sore. The whole activity went for 5 minutes.

Second risky activity is she inserted the finger which she had just jabbed in to my ass hole and started fingering for a minute. The finger was bleeding actively but not heavily and my hemmoroids were still open and moist and also bled.

I came in to my senses and asked her to stop, took the towel and wiped my ass and I saw blood ( quite visible not just a trace) and panicked. I saw her hand and it was still bleeding and i stopped it there itself.

There was no oral sex, vaginal sex and hand Job.

I’m losing sleep over this as it reads that anal mucouse lining is more moist and easy to catch HIV virus if it’s actively bleeding or had any open cuts and sores. The hemmoroids which were bleeding I had it slightly inside the anus hole but not very deep.

I’m feeling guilty. It’s been just 1 day. Should I take pep in this case?

Please help and advise

Online Jim Allen

• Administrator
It must be a miracle as everytime someone has sexual contact with you they end up bleeding.  "I don't think so" 

Consider this your final warning! If contuine to post about this or any other no HIV risk situation again it will lead to an immediate ban to encourage you to seek face to face mental health support that we can not provide here.

We have been over this before and what we discussed before already covers 90% of this new situation.Inculding that the condition of your genitals/anus will not create a HIV risk where none existed to begin with.

I also don't buy that she was rubbing your anus for 5 mins and you could not stop her. This simply doesn't add up my friend, did you shout "fire" and report it to the police afterwards.

I also doubt somehow her finger prick landed her in hospital or bleeding to death so in that case her pricking her finger was not a risk, blood on stones against your anus is not a risk and her fingering you was not a risk, and nobody inculding you has ever been infected with HIV this way as it lacks all the bilogical & environmental conditions required.

Same as before you are focusing on details out of context to find a risk that doesn't in the real world exist!

I wish you well, I know I sound harsh but I'm not playing games so if you can't control your fears stop putting yourself in situations that scare you and, speak to a therapist face to face to learn how to cope with this.. 

Best Jim

Well than you have no rational reason for concern, as you simply had no HIV risk from the activities posted here.

As said I am not willing to pretend either, no matter how fearful or sick you feel.

If you can't move past this irrational fear speak to a therapist face to face to help you cope.

Please do not post about this again, doing so will lead to a time out from the forum (Ban) out of kindness to encourage you to seek face to face support.

Remember to use condoms for any intercourse going forward and out of standard routine like every sexually active adult should test for HIV and far easier to transmit STI's at least yearly.

Jim
[/quo

« Last Edit: March 10, 2019, 02:01:45 pm by JimDublin »
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline nprakash

• Standard
Honestly I’m not a liar sir. 2 things I saw was her bleeding finger and blood from my anus when I wiped.

Mother swear I didn’t stop her because I was not in my senses.

She fingered me with the same finger where she had cut for a minute and before that she rubbed my anus and pressed the stone against my anal opening. Both the things happened. I admitted to my wife as well and promised her that I will never ever do this. I also worried and scared to have sex with my wife. I understand that my guilt is taking over me but the 2 incidents really happened with some amount of blood from her but not minute amount but definitely not something like she would have needed stitches or she had to go to hospital. But there was a blood.

I apologies and at the same time I would need your help in assessing my risk and help me with the facts. Please sir I beg you.

Online Jim Allen

• Administrator
Banned, 28 days.

Glad to hear she was not bleeding to death or needed stiches also means as explained you had no HIV exposure

Her having small cuts, pricks on her fingers is not a HIV concern, nothing you pressed against your anus is a HIV concern either and we have already been over this in detail why not before with you and hence nobody has ever been infected this way, you will not be making medical history anytime soon!

I'm unwilling to start from scratch every time you have sex (sexually contact)  with someone.

I don't think you are lying, just over exaggerating out of fear, like when you say you couldn't stop her from touching your arse for 5 mins. Truly not the case!

Now you might as well be asking me if you're pregnant.

my wife

That is again the only HIV risk you have posted, one you both seem to accept. This is of course your choice.

From a risk assessment  point of view, Use condoms correct every time no exceptions to protect yourself and test for HIV & far easier to transmit STI's at least yearly out of standard routine
« Last Edit: March 10, 2019, 02:37:40 pm by JimDublin »
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline nprakash

• Standard
Hi Jim,

I have a situation where I ended up fingering a women of unknown status and she was in her periods which I didn’t realise. I had her blood stains and vaginal fluid in my fore finger and with the same hand I touched my urethra and saw clear blood on top of urethra. She fingered herself too and proceeded to give me a handjob where some of her blood went inside my urethra as I was aroused. There was no penetrative sex or blowjob. Only risk was to come in contact with her menstrual blood and vaginal fluid on to my urethra through her hand and my hand. I went through some posts and it says that no risk but I’m still worried a lot as it was a fresh contact of penis head and urethra with her blood which just came out and also her vaginal fluids. May be there was not more than 2-3 seconds gap between my finger came in contact with her mentraul blood and vaginal fluid and I used to same finger to rub my penis head and urethra which is my concern.

Could you please assess my risk and what are the chances? How risky here when blood and vaginal fluid which came in contact instantly with my urethra opening? I’m little bit sure that my urethra opening would have sucked some of the vaginal
Fluid and blood during the process of rubbing and handjob.
Thank you
For your help

Online Jim Allen

• Administrator
Not an HIV concern.

I'm unwilling to start from scratch every time you have sex (sexually contact)  with someone.

Note: Please do not ask about external contact situations or getting your penis sucked. It will lead to a 60 day ban
« Last Edit: July 07, 2019, 12:26:31 pm by Jim Allen »
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.