Bienvenido(a), Visitante. Por favor, ingresa o regístrate.
Abril 27, 2024, 05:33:49 am

Ingresar con nombre de usuario, contraseña y duración de la sesión

Usuarios
Stats
  • Total de Mensajes: 773294
  • Total de Temas: 66348
  • Online Today: 680
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (Junio 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Usuarios en Línea
Users: 2
Guests: 592
Total: 594

Bienvenido

Bienvenido a los Foros Comunitarios de POZ, un área de discusión contínua para personas con VIH/SIDA, sus amigos/familiares/personas que los cuidan, y otros a quienes les interese el tema del VIH/SIDA. Haz clic en los enlaces que siguen para visitar nuestros foros, o participa de la conversación al inscribirte en el sector izquierdo de esta página.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here(Members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí(Sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Advertencia sobre la privacidad: Ten en cuenta que estos foros están abiertos para todos y que se los puede encontrar haciendo búsquedas en Google u otros buscadores. Si eres VIH positivo y lo revelas en nuestros foros, es lo mismo que decírselo al mundo entero (o al menos al mundo entero en Internet). Si esto te preocupa, no uses un nombre de usuario o una imagen gráfica que pueda identificarte de alguna manera. No autorizamos borrar nada de los que escribas en los foros, por lo tanto piensa antes de hacerlo.

• La información que los moderadores y miembros comparten en estos foros, está diseñada para complementar, y no para reemplazar la relación entre un individuo y su médico de cabecera.

• Todos los miembros de estos foros, en consecuencia, no son considerados proveedores médicos con licencia. De lo contrario, los usuarios deben identificarse a sí mismos como tales.

• Los miembros de los foros siempre deben comportarse con respeto y honestidad. La publicación de guías, incluyendo políticas de suspensiones y prohibiciones han sido establecidas por los moderadores de estos foros. Haga clic aquí para las guías de publicación de “¿Estoy infectado?” Haga clic aquí para leer las guías de publicación relacionadas con todos los otros foros comunitarios de POZ.

• Solicitamos a todos los miembros de los foros que proporcionen referencias sobre la información relacionada con la salud/médica/científica que brinden, cuando no se trate de una experiencia personal que estén compartiendo. Por favor proporcionen enlaces con direcciones de Internet completas o citas completas de trabajos publicados que no estén disponibles en Internet. Además, todos los miembros de los foros deben publicar información que sea verdadera y correcta de acuerdo con su conocimiento.

• Los anuncios de productos – incluyendo enlaces, banderas, contenido editorial y estudios clínicos, estudios o participación en encuestas – está estrictamente prohibido por los miembros de los foros a menos que POZ haya asegurado el permiso.

¿Has terminado de leer esta parte? Puedes cerrar esta o cualquier otra ventana en esta página haciendo click en el símbolo de cada ventana.

Autor Tema: Switching from Triumeq to Dovato or Biktarvy  (Leído 1591 veces)

Desconectado walkingpoz

Switching from Triumeq to Dovato or Biktarvy
« en: Enero 22, 2024, 11:59:04 am »
Hi guys, I’ve been on Triumeq for almost 10 years and have no noticeable side effects (I do have occasional insomnia but I always thought this was due to anxiety or stress etc.) and have been undetectable ever since. Now my clinic wants to switch me to Dovato (this has been suggested to me for more than a year now but I always declined - because I used to take Isentress and had a few blips then and wasn’t sure if it would work as well in me as in someone who is treatment naive). The reason they wanna switch me away from Triumeq is because of the cardiovascular risks associated with the abacavir component. Now I’ve decided to switch away from Triumeq but I am indecisive about whether to switch to Dovato or Biktarvy. I’m leaning towards Biktarvy because personally I would feel more comfortable with a 3-drug regimen and emtricitabine has a longer half life than lamivudine.

Now switching to Dovato would be straightforward as the 2 components are already in my system. But how is it with Biktarvy with dolutegravir’s molecular structure being so similar to bictegravir’s, and lamivudine’s being so similar to emtricitabine’s? Would it still take a few days until steady-state plasma concentrations are achieved or do the similar chemical structures help in this case?

Conectado Jim Allen

• Administrator
  • Threads: @jim16309
    • Social Media: Threads
Re: Switching from Triumeq to Dovato or Biktarvy
« Respuesta #1 en: Enero 22, 2024, 12:21:05 pm »
Interesting topic.

Now my clinic wants to switch me to Dovato (this has been suggested to me for more than a year now but I always declined

Same here but for the past 18+ months. Dovato isn't a superior treatment, and as for the ABC, it's been known for years; I'm still not too worried, although as I am getting older, I am now looking to switch as well; no rush, though, and it will not be Dovato. 3TC's short half-life and the fear of defaulting to monotherapy down the line are among the reasons.

I’m leaning towards Biktarvy because personally I would feel more comfortable with a 3-drug regimen and emtricitabine has a longer half life than lamivudine.

I'm sticking with HAART as well. I've outlined in more detail the why and discussed it in two recent threads:

https://forums.poz.com/index.php?topic=77560.0
New HIV drugs with a higher resistance risk should be classed as inferior

https://forums.poz.com/index.php?topic=77510.0
Experts recommend statins for all people with HIV aged 40+

Biktarvy is a solid drug, although not for me. I was on Truvada in the past, great for millions, but didn't agree with me and although Biktarvy contains the updated version*, I'm still going to give it a miss. *(emtricitabine/tenofovir alafenamide)

If you don't mind me asking how has your clinic reacted to you rejecting duo therapy and wanting Biktarvy?

Now switching to Dovato would be straightforward as the 2 components are already in my system. But how is it with Biktarvy with dolutegravir’s molecular structure being so similar to bictegravir’s, and lamivudine’s being so similar to emtricitabine’s? Would it still take a few days until steady-state plasma concentrations are achieved or do the similar chemical structures help in this case?

So... if you are switching one day to the next, the concentrations of drugs should consistently stay within therapeutic limits. Is that the question? Have you asked your clinic this question, and what did they say?

HIV 101 - Everything you need to know
HIV 101
Read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
Read about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
Read about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Conectado Jim Allen

• Administrator
  • Threads: @jim16309
    • Social Media: Threads
« Respuesta #2 en: Enero 22, 2024, 12:31:06 pm »
Anyhow, I hope you can switch to something you are happy with. Remember that you are the boss of your healthcare, and keep us posted on how you get on.
HIV 101 - Everything you need to know
HIV 101
Read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
Read about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
Read about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Desconectado Tonny2

« Respuesta #3 en: Enero 22, 2024, 02:14:40 pm »

ojo.               I wish I were in n that dilema of swishing from one pill to a different pill. Due to my history of resistance I still had to take lots of pills a day. I’m still alive though… I think that three medications is better than two, but that’s just me. I like Jim can’t handle tenofovir, I’m Allergic to it… please keep us posted and good luck with your decision.
« última modificación: Enero 22, 2024, 02:31:35 pm por Jim Allen »

Desconectado walkingpoz

« Respuesta #4 en: Enero 25, 2024, 12:46:09 pm »
Thanks for the replies.

The clinic is ok with me wanting to switch to Biktarvy and I shall switch once I’ve used up the remaining Triumeq pills, which I still have a lot of. Will keep you guys posted.

Desconectado Tonny2

« Respuesta #5 en: Enero 25, 2024, 03:46:09 pm »

ojo.              Hello there!… i’m glad that you decided for the medication. I am allergic to abacavir I remember that after taking it at night time I woke up, and I look like the pink panther. All pink, because of a bad rash, plus my skinny legs definitely I look like the pink panther… good luck

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.