Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 10, 2024, 05:12:54 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773457
  • Total Topics: 66366
  • Online Today: 412
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 275
Total: 276

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: PLEASE READ  (Read 3294 times)

Offline hopeful112

PLEASE READ
« on: July 30, 2014, 12:04:48 am »
hi there, my name is brandon and ive visited this site in the past and have read amazing stories throughout the years but i never made an account, i have had a couple of scares that made me cling to this website and for a whole year after a one time exposure i wouldnt get tested because i felt in my heart i had hiv.. after reading everyones stories for some time i was finally encouraged to test, and my results came back negative, but through this site i feel like im apart of you all and i pray all the time for a cure.. u may not know it but im sure there are thousands of people who visit this site and read your stories without even establishing accounts... u guys empower so many people its amazing... anyway the real reason im here is because i was on facebook and seen an article that made me smile and think of everyone from this site... it was from a research lab in philadelphia and scientist did a form of surgery on the infected cells of hiv and the results showed the extinction of hiv in the cells, i would like for you all to take a look at it when you get a chance and keep hope because we are almost there....

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=350465645101348&fref=nf

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
Re: PLEASE READ
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2014, 12:41:50 am »
Hi Brandon . I moved your thread into the only forum that HIV negative people are allowed to post in for lack of a better fit so please keep your comments in this one thread .

Congrats on your negative HIV status .
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
You can read more about Transmission and Risks here:
HIV Transmission and Risks
You can read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
You can read more about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read more about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
You can read more about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.