Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 27, 2024, 01:05:21 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772928
  • Total Topics: 66309
  • Online Today: 152
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 120
Total: 120

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: AidsMeds Cookbook?  (Read 15305 times)

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
AidsMeds Cookbook?
« on: October 31, 2010, 05:37:37 pm »
Rahvyn had a good idea regarding compiling an AidsMeds Cookbook and selling it to help raise funds for the Grants Committee and the upcoming Gathering.

http://forums.poz.com/index.php?topic=33420.0

There are some really great recipes in the recipe thread, (except maybe for the Elephant Soup), and I know I would buy one if it were available. You could submit your recipe(s) and have it immortalized in an AidsMeds cookbook... Ex."Miss Philicia's Famous Meatloaf Surprise". One of the Artsy among us could design a nifty layout and cover, etc...

Of course we would need many more recipes in order to compile a book. At this point it is unknown what the cookbook might cost to purchase, but probably at least $5. Would all depend on how many pages of course.

But first of all we really need to get an idea of the amount of interest an AidsMeds Cookbook would garner, so sound off, what do you think? Would you buy one?

-W
POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,
2/4/13, CD4 - 489, UD, 28%

Current Meds: Prezista/Epzicom/ Norvir

Offline phildinftlaudy

• sweet Ann what you think babe...
Re: AidsMeds Cookbook?
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2010, 05:49:00 pm »
I would definitely buy one
-
perhaps, for a little additional money one could also get a calendar with partially clothed or fully nude members for each month ---

On second thought, scratch that last suggestion.....   ;D
September 13, 2008 - diagnosed +
Labs:
Date    CD4    %   VL     Date  CD4  %   VL
10/08  636    35  510   9/09 473  38 2900  12/4/09 Atripla
12/09  540    30    60   
12/10  740    41  <48   
8/11    667    36  <20  
03/12  1,041  42  <20
05/12  1,241  47  <20
08/12   780    37  <20
11/12   549    35  <20
02/12  1,102  42  <20
11/12   549    35  <20

Offline leese43

« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2010, 06:20:33 pm »
I would buy one and I'm sure I coiuld come up with a couple of recipes too.
Oct 04 - Neg
Aug 05 - infected
Oct 05 - cd4 780, vl 60k
Apr 08 - cd4 430, vl 243
Jul 08 - cd4 550, vl 896
Nov 08 - cd4 730, vl 1.8k
May 09 - cd4 590, vl 1.5k
Sep 09 - cd4 460 vl 34k
Dec 09 - cd4 470 vl 42k
April 10 - cd4 430 vl 88.5k
July 10 - cd4 330 vl 118k
Aug 10 - started reyataz/truvada/norvir
Aug 10 - cd4 380 vl 4k (12 days after starting meds :))
Sep 10 - cd4 520 vl 1.5k
Oct 10 - cd4 590 vl 44
Jan 11 -cd4 610 vl <40 cd4% 50
May 11 - cd4 780 vl UD

Offline HippieLady

« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2010, 06:34:17 pm »
I'm in...I have tons of recipes and I'd purchase one as well.
~Katie~
Diagnosed HIV+ April 30, 2010

Current CD4-638  VL-UD  11/2013

Offline Basquo

« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2010, 06:38:35 pm »
I would buy one and contribute recipes if needed, too.

Offline anniebc

• AM member since 2003
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2010, 06:51:41 pm »
I would definitely buy one
-
perhaps, for a little additional money one could also get a calendar with partially clothed or fully nude members for each month ---

On second thought, scratch that last suggestion.....   ;D

Oh I don't know, I can think of a few here who would look good naked on an Aidsmeds calender... ;D

Hugs
Jan :-*
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Never knock on deaths door..ring the bell and run..he really hates that.

Offline Miss Philicia

• celebrity poster, faker & poser
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2010, 06:56:38 pm »
We should sell Matty's picture on a dartboard set and certainly that would raise more money than a cook book.
"I’ve slept with enough men to know that I’m not gay"

Offline GSOgymrat

• HIV+ since 1993. Relentlessly gay.
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2010, 07:06:23 pm »
I would also buy a copy of a book and I have a turkey chili recipe that people like.  We need a snappy title  and perhaps a subtle insinuation that our food is so good it cures AIDS.

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2010, 08:10:09 pm »

-

Oh God, I would pay to NOT see that. Well 'cept for a couple people on here.

\-Will
POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,

Offline ElZorro

« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2010, 08:32:10 pm »
Rahvyn had a good idea regarding compiling an AidsMeds Cookbook and selling it to help raise funds for the Grants Committee and the upcoming Gathering.

http://forums.poz.com/index.php?topic=33420.0

There are some really great recipes in the recipe thread, (except maybe for the Elephant Soup), and I know I would buy one if it were available. You could submit your recipe(s) and have it immortalized in an AidsMeds cookbook... Ex."Miss Philicia's Famous Meatloaf Surprise". One of the Artsy among us could design a nifty layout and cover, etc...

Of course we would need many more recipes in order to compile a book. At this point it is unknown what the cookbook might cost to purchase, but probably at least $5. Would all depend on how many pages of course.

But first of all we really need to get an idea of the amount of interest an AidsMeds Cookbook would garner, so sound off, what do you think? Would you buy one?

-W

so, I should stop wasting my time cutting up this damn elephant??? Talk about a wasted weekend...  ???

Offline peteb

« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2010, 08:40:08 pm »
Hey guys I am a Chef I can give alot of recipes

Offline HollyStar

« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2010, 08:42:17 pm »
I think this is a fantastic idea! I have a couple recipes I could throw out there and of course I would buy a copy.

I know that there are many ways to go about putting something like this together but a quick google search revealed this interesting link.

https://www.lulu.com/s1/make_a_book/l/wiz/?&cid=~sggl~kmake%20your%20own%20recipe%20book~gmake_recipe_book_us_broad~clulu_publishing~a4788802341~p&gclid=CKe71M61_qQCFQpZ2godfHkEjQ
« Last Edit: October 31, 2010, 09:07:07 pm by HollyStar »
Diagnosed  July 28th 2003

'I don't want to get to the end of my life and find that I just lived the length of it. I want to have lived the width of it as well.' -Diande Ackerman

'Why not go out on a limb? Isn't that where the fruit is?' -Frank Scully

'If your ship doesn't come, swim out to it.' - Jonathan Winters

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2010, 08:42:49 pm »
I will buy one for sure . I was thinking maybe it would be cool if there was a way to have a printable version of a cook book so that there would be little production cost but I really don't see how you could charge a person for printing a copy .
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
You can read more about Transmission and Risks here:
HIV Transmission and Risks
You can read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
You can read more about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read more about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
You can read more about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
« Reply #13 on: October 31, 2010, 09:06:35 pm »
I was thinking maybe it would be cool if there was a way to have a printable version of a cook book so that there would be little production cost but I really don't see how you could charge a person for printing a copy .

Are you referring to like an Ebook? Hmmm, I think it might lose it's  "value" somewhat if it wasn't an actual bound book you could hold and put on your bookshelf (or use for kindling).

We have access to free Plastic comb binders and a binding machine, so the expense would be having the pages printed (Kinko's maybe?) and the postage, which I think Book rate or Media Mail is pretty cheap.

I think we have a couple people onboard to shoulder the expenses of production as a donation.

Here's a Comb Binder Cookbook: Of course hopefully ours would have a better cover LOL.

POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #14 on: October 31, 2010, 09:14:54 pm »
Are you referring to like an Ebook? Hmmm, I think it might lose it's  "value" somewhat if it wasn't an actual bound book you could hold and put on your bookshelf (or use for kindling).

We have access to free Plastic comb binders and a binding machine, so the expense would be having the pages printed (Kinko's maybe?) and the postage, which I think Book rate or Media Mail is pretty cheap.

I think we have a couple people onboard to shoulder the expenses of production as a donation.

Here's a Comb Binder Cookbook: Of course hopefully ours would have a better cover LOL.

Yeah , I think you are right Will . I think its a clever idea for a fundraiser .   
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #15 on: October 31, 2010, 09:23:30 pm »
I'm only participating if this is going to be an iPhone app.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #16 on: November 01, 2010, 05:58:36 am »
We should sell Matty's picture on a dartboard set and certainly that would raise more money than a cook book.

You're on to a winner here. If we also marketed it to politically active Australians, we could double triple quadruple make a helluva lot of money!
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline emeraldize

« Reply #17 on: November 01, 2010, 07:30:38 am »

Not that Matty wouldn't sell product, but rather than throw dart's at his face, I'd buy a monopoly game with the various high contributors names heading the properties, instead of no 200 dollars, go directly to jail--it could be you've got 200 CD4's, you've got AIDS. OR, conversely, collect 200 CD4 as you round each board cycle.  

On a serious note, why not a recipe thread which would keep costs down? And if they were entered with a code-style heading such as Cookbook Salad, or Cookbook Dessert, then you could search it easily enough. We stay green, low-cost, low-carbon footprint and easy access -- plus no losing the book. Copy/paste and transfer to your own computer.

Em
« Last Edit: November 02, 2010, 03:39:06 pm by emeraldize »

Offline Hellraiser

• Semi-misanthropic
« Reply #18 on: November 01, 2010, 10:09:29 am »
Not that Matty wouldn't sell product, but rather than throw dart's at his face, I'd buy a monopoly game with the various high contributors names heading the properties, instead of no 200 dollars, go directly to jail--it could be you've got 200 CD4's, you've got AIDS. OR, conversely, collect 200 CD4 as you round each board cycle.  

I can ONLY imagine the chance cards, eh?  "If your CD4 is below 200, uh oh you got Toxoplasmosis from your kitty cat Matty!  Give 50 CD4 to the Doctor and go directly to the hospital!"

Offline Basquo

« Reply #19 on: November 01, 2010, 12:34:05 pm »

On a serious note, why not a recipe thread which would keep costs down? And if they were entered with a code-style heading such as Cookbook Salad, or Cookbook Dessert, then you could search it easily enough. We stay green, low-cost, low-carbon footprint and easy access -- plus no losing the book. Copy/paste and transfer to you own computer.

Read Will's OP. The idea is that it's a fundraiser for the AMG Grants Committee. As for threads, well we have  a great one but  someone decided they need to start another one, so who know if or when that will get out of hand. I personally like the idea of something to put on the shelf, and then splatter up in the kitchen when I'm trying out a recipe.

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #20 on: November 01, 2010, 12:56:44 pm »
I like the idea of being able to take food to my family reunions in Alabama and being able to say when asked where did I get that recipe I can say ... Oh it came out my aids cook book  , enjoy honey .   
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Offline leatherman

• Global Moderator
  • Google and HIV meds are Your Friends
« Reply #21 on: November 01, 2010, 01:53:59 pm »
Oh it came out my aids cook book  , enjoy honey .   
ROFLMAO :D
leatherman (aka Michael)

We were standing all alone
You were leaning in to speak to me
Acting like a mover shaker
Dancing to Madonna then you kissed me
And I think about it all the time
- Darren Hayes, "Chained to You"

Offline leese43

« Reply #22 on: November 01, 2010, 01:57:17 pm »
I like the idea of being able to take food to my family reunions in Alabama and being able to say when asked where did I get that recipe I can say ... Oh it came out my aids cook book  , enjoy honey .  

LOL I'd love to be a fly on the wall at that party!
Oct 04 - Neg
Aug 05 - infected
Oct 05 - cd4 780, vl 60k
Apr 08 - cd4 430, vl 243
Jul 08 - cd4 550, vl 896
Nov 08 - cd4 730, vl 1.8k
May 09 - cd4 590, vl 1.5k
Sep 09 - cd4 460 vl 34k
Dec 09 - cd4 470 vl 42k
April 10 - cd4 430 vl 88.5k
July 10 - cd4 330 vl 118k
Aug 10 - started reyataz/truvada/norvir
Aug 10 - cd4 380 vl 4k (12 days after starting meds :))
Sep 10 - cd4 520 vl 1.5k
Oct 10 - cd4 590 vl 44
Jan 11 -cd4 610 vl <40 cd4% 50
May 11 - cd4 780 vl UD

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #23 on: November 01, 2010, 02:51:15 pm »
LOL I'd love to be a fly on the wall at that party!

It would make you poop !
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Offline hope_for_a_cure

« Reply #24 on: November 01, 2010, 03:43:39 pm »
I would contribute as well as purchase.  Great idea!

Offline Dennis

« Reply #25 on: November 02, 2010, 08:14:51 am »
An e-book could be put togethor with the Adobe program and then emailed manually or purchase from a website to members.  This would ensure all funds went directly to the Grants Committee without incurring the cost of binding and printing.  If someone compiles everything in a word or publisher document, I could easily convert into Adobe format in minutes.

Offline emeraldize

« Reply #26 on: November 02, 2010, 03:40:33 pm »
An e-book could be put togethor with the Adobe program and then emailed manually or purchase from a website to members.  This would ensure all funds went directly to the Grants Committee without incurring the cost of binding and printing.  If someone compiles everything in a word or publisher document, I could easily convert into Adobe format in minutes.

Great!

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
« Reply #27 on: November 02, 2010, 07:04:21 pm »
It seems we are getting a split opinion on whether we do an Ebook or a bound book. Since the impetus behind this whole project is to raise money for the Grants Committee we need to determine which avenue would raise more money.

Several members want something to "put on a bookshelf" like a bound book. Several members are concerned about doing this as green as possible, and others want to minimize the production costs and use an Ebook. These are all valid points.

I'll admit I'm not that sure how an Ebook works. But isn't it pretty much just printing pages from a computer? Couldn't members do that now by printing out the Recipe Thread? and will members be willing to spend $5.00 (at the minimum) for printing out a handful of papers? Can you print multiple times from the Ebook (if the first printing were lost)? Yes an Ebook would eliminate pretty much all production costs, but would we lose some potential buyers who wanted the bound cookbook? Would we lose half of the people interested? Or would we lose none of the people interested?  I would say with near zero production costs we could sell the Ebook for $5.00 pure profit (yes/no/thoughts?)

A bound cookbook could be used over and over again over the years (I'm a cookbook queen) and I like to get a couple cook books off the shelf sit in my chair and browse them for something that sounds good. Would the printed paper of an Ebook hold up? Some people would just like a classic bound cookbook better (memories/nostalgia. something to "hold", something to "put on a shelf"). Obviously the big drawback to doing a bound book is the printing cost). I got a quote for 7 cents a copy of 24lb paper (slightly stiffer than normal paper). Now granted this was just calling over the phone for a quote, and it's possible I can try to get a discount for a fundraising event but that is an unknown at this point.  Another drawback to a bound book is we would need at least 100 recipes (preferably 200) to have a decent cookbook, currently we have 34 recipes throughout the 2 recipe threads. I don't think anyone would really want a bound book with 34 recipes in it. yet another possible drawback is we would also need to get more people involved with submitting recipes so we don't have a book of recipes from only 5 or 6 different people.

Very rough production costs and price points:\

Ebook- zero production costs? sell for $5??/ Thoughts?

Bound book - 100 recipes would equal approx 50 pages. Production cost would then be $3.50 . The bindings and binder use is being donated free of charge. Shipping(within US) cost approx $1.90 = Total $5.40. Purchase price would be moving into the $10 range with these figures, maybe less if we can sell more. Will those who have shown interest be willing to spend $10 for an AidsMEds bound cookbook? Thoughts???

***of course all the costs for the bound book would rise if the recipe submissions went above 100.

Maybe we should do a poll Ebook vs. Bound book.

All of this is just off the top of my head and is merely brainstorming. so we need some comments on all of this

-WIll
« Last Edit: November 02, 2010, 07:09:52 pm by WillyWump »
POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
« Reply #28 on: November 02, 2010, 07:13:40 pm »
Update:

I was just reminded that we have a couple people who have offered to underwrite (donate) the costs for printing. So this woud remove that production cost from the equation. Which would bring production costs to around approx $2ish, which would mean the profit would be higher on a $10 purchase, or we could even lower the purchase price if there is not enough interest at $10.

-WIll
POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #29 on: November 02, 2010, 07:33:16 pm »

I'll admit I'm not that sure how an Ebook works.

/fail

Offline phildinftlaudy

• sweet Ann what you think babe...
« Reply #30 on: November 02, 2010, 08:04:39 pm »
Definitely pros and cons to both - if I loosely use those terms.

I actually think it might be something worth looking at having both options.

Perhaps, $5.00 for Ebook (Adobe version) and $10.00 for hard print version.

While it would be nice to have a lot of recipes to put in the book - I think it is the purpose behind the sale of the book that is more important.  For $10 (less the cost of production) the buyer is getting to support AMG Grants - which assists members in being able to attend AMG.

It must be the Libra in me coming out (the scales) - but I would have to vote to have both options available and maximize sales.  I would probably buy a hard copy and an e-copy - so I would be covered both ways.
September 13, 2008 - diagnosed +
Labs:
Date    CD4    %   VL     Date  CD4  %   VL
10/08  636    35  510   9/09 473  38 2900  12/4/09 Atripla
12/09  540    30    60   
12/10  740    41  <48   
8/11    667    36  <20  
03/12  1,041  42  <20
05/12  1,241  47  <20
08/12   780    37  <20
11/12   549    35  <20
02/12  1,102  42  <20
11/12   549    35  <20

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
« Reply #31 on: November 02, 2010, 11:19:46 pm »
/fail

Right, but I cannot read so why would I know how an Ebook works. Plus I have stupid costumes....I guess I'll just go out in the alley and open up a vein.

-W
POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #32 on: November 02, 2010, 11:46:11 pm »
Right, but I cannot read so why would I know how an Ebook works. Plus I have stupid costumes....I guess I'll just go out in the alley and open up a vein.

-W

You eat McRibs and can't get an erection either.

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
« Reply #33 on: November 03, 2010, 12:00:54 am »
and can't get an erection either.

Tisk, Tisk, Apparently you missed my post about going through puberty again... you could hang a hat AND a raincoat on it.

-W

POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,

Offline thunter34

• His name is Carl.
« Reply #34 on: November 03, 2010, 10:53:49 am »
You could submit your recipe(s) and have it immortalized in an AidsMeds cookbook... Ex."Miss Philicia's Famous Meatloaf Surprise".

Of course....one shudders to think on what the suprise in Philicia's meatloaf might be.
AIDS isn't for sissies.

Offline GSOgymrat

• HIV+ since 1993. Relentlessly gay.
« Reply #35 on: November 03, 2010, 01:11:10 pm »

Of course....one shudders to think on what the suprise in Philicia's meatloaf might be.

Holly crap, welcome back! :)
« Last Edit: November 03, 2010, 01:12:53 pm by GSOgymrat »

Offline David_CA

« Reply #36 on: November 03, 2010, 01:44:15 pm »
Holly crap, welcome back! :)
That's what I'm thinking!  I'm also agreeing with shuddering about Philicia's meatloaf suprise... and I was just getting ready to eat lunch!
Black Friday 03-03-2006
03-23-06 CD4 359 @27.4% VL 75,938
06-01-06 CD4 462 @24.3% VL > 100,000
08-15-06 CD4 388 @22.8% VL >  "
10-21-06 CD4 285 @21.9% VL >  "
  Atripla started 12-01-2006
01-08-07 CD4 429 @26.8% VL 1872!
05-08-07 CD4 478 @28.1% VL 740
08-03-07 CD4 509 @31.8% VL 370
11-06-07 CD4 570 @30.0% VL 140
02-21-08 CD4 648 @32.4% VL 600
05-19-08 CD4 695 @33.1% VL < 48 undetectable!
08-21-08 CD4 725 @34.5%
11-11-08 CD4 672 @39.5%
02-11-09 CD4 773 @36.8%
05-11-09 CD4 615 @36.2%
08-19-09 CD4 770 @38.5%
11-19-09 CD4 944 @33.7%
02-17-10 CD4 678 @39.9%  
06-03-10 CD4 768 @34.9%
09-21-10 CD4 685 @40.3%
01-10-11 CD4 908 @36.3%
05-23-11 CD4 846 @36.8% VL 80
02-13-12 CD4 911 @41.4% VL<20
You must be the change you want to see in the world.  Mahatma Gandhi

Offline ds4146

« Reply #37 on: November 03, 2010, 09:23:07 pm »
So what volume are we talkling about for printing? 50, 100, or 10 thousand. I realize that sounds like crazy numbers, but this will clearly make a difference in the cost and estimates you get. Are we talking color, (Miss Philica's Meatloaf, which I am sure looks better in black and white,) or black and white? This is actually something I might be able to assist with being that I am in the field with a known kinky kind of business. Numbers and quality are needed.

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
« Reply #38 on: November 03, 2010, 09:28:22 pm »
So what volume are we talkling about for printing? 50, 100, or 10 thousand. I realize that sounds like crazy numbers, but this will clearly make a difference in the cost and estimates you get. Are we talking color, (Miss Philica's Meatloaf, which I am sure looks better in black and white,) or black and white? This is actually something I might be able to assist with being that I am in the field with a known kinky kind of business. Numbers and quality are needed.

Just off the top of my head was thinking of doing a printing for 50 and see how it goes, I doubt we would get 100 orders but I guess you never know.

Actually hadn't considered pictures at all, what would that do to the cost?

but I would have to vote to have both options available and maximize sales.  I would probably buy a hard copy and an e-copy - so I would be covered both ways.

I agree phil, excellent Idea. I see no reason why we couldnt do both.

-W
« Last Edit: November 03, 2010, 09:31:55 pm by WillyWump »
POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #39 on: November 03, 2010, 09:29:57 pm »

Just off the top of my head was thinking of doing a printing for 50 and see how it goes, I doubt we would get 100 orders but I guess you never know.

-w

Perhaps scratch n sniff recipes also ?
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
« Reply #40 on: November 03, 2010, 09:37:38 pm »
Perhaps scratch n sniff recipes also ?

Ha.

Actually the more I think about it the more I think pictures might not be feasible, after all that would mean that all (or most) would have to take a pic of their recipe, when maybe it's a recipe they havent cooked in awhile and dont feel like cooking now.

BTW, Drink recipes are game also, come on people doesnt anyone have any good drink recipes??

Start posting those recipes in the recipe thread so we can get an idea of how may recipes we might have.

You too LURKERS!!! come on dont be shy give us some recipes!

-W

POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,

Offline ElZorro

« Reply #41 on: November 03, 2010, 09:43:02 pm »
Ha.

Actually the more I think about it the more I think pictures might not be feasible, after all that would mean that all (or most) would have to take a pic of their recipe, when maybe it's a recipe they havent cooked in awhile and dont feel like cooking now.

BTW, Drink recipes are game also, come on people doesnt anyone have any good drink recipes??

Start posting those recipes in the recipe thread so we can get an idea of how may recipes we might have.

You too LURKERS!!! come on dont be shy give us some recipes!

-W

hmmm....I have a recipe for homemade Kahlua if you're interested..

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
« Reply #42 on: November 03, 2010, 09:51:51 pm »
hmmm....I have a recipe for homemade Kahlua if you're interested..
\

oh definitly. I wished I ahd some right now. It's bitterly cold here.

post it in the recipe thread.

POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #43 on: November 03, 2010, 09:53:36 pm »
Oh, I have an awesome cocktail handbook from the 60's or 70's with lots of goodies in it.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #44 on: November 05, 2010, 08:52:10 am »

Here's an idea... combine the recipe threads with the I Love Porn thread and produce a pornocipe (reciporno?) book. It would be an instant best-seller in these here parts. :D

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #45 on: November 05, 2010, 10:39:48 am »
Here's an idea... combine the recipe threads with the I Love Porn thread and produce a pornocipe (reciporno?) book. It would be an instant best-seller in these here parts. :D

Can it still be scratch and sniff or one of those pop up books ?
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #46 on: November 05, 2010, 01:27:11 pm »
Can it still be scratch and sniff or one of those pop up books ?

Absolutely!

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline Ravhyn

• Nerd Alert
« Reply #47 on: November 06, 2010, 02:09:10 am »
yay! =) I'm so happy to see the idea gettiing put too use.

I would buy one. but personally I would prefer an actual copy for the bookshelf then verses an ebook.  My mom would probable buy one too. =)
April 2006 - Sero-Conversion
December 2009 - Diagnosed
Jan 2010- VL 3,800 CD4 152
Summer 2010 VL UD, CD4 over 200
September 2010 VL UD, CD4 324
March 2011 VL UD, CD4 477
May 2011 VL UD, 338

Granny60

« Reply #48 on: November 06, 2010, 08:47:51 pm »
I like the idea of being able to take food to my family reunions in Alabama and being able to say when asked where did I get that recipe I can say ... Oh it came out my aids cook book  , enjoy honey .   

;D ;D Thinking about it makes me ;D

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.