Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 09:59:39 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37652
  • Latest: Han2024
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773289
  • Total Topics: 66348
  • Online Today: 690
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 663
Total: 663

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: HIV copies went up  (Read 2516 times)

Offline David1184

HIV copies went up
« on: November 25, 2019, 12:04:16 am »
Maybe I’m overreacting...

I was first diagnosed in November of 2018, began Biktarvy right away and reached undetectable a couple months later. Since then my HIV copies have remained <20, until my most recent test last week my copies went up to 25, still undetectable but it drives me crazy that they went up. As a precaution, the Dr. wants me to get labs again in 3 months instead of 6.

I have not missed one dose!! My CD4 rose to 748 up from 580 in May.

Is it common for HIV copies fluctuate like this?

Offline Ptrk3

• Global Moderator
Re: HIV copies went up
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2019, 12:21:20 am »
Yes, it is common for viral load blips, and your blip is basically a rounding error of the lab test (since it is so inconsequential and you remain undetectable).

Your CD4's are very strong.

Keep up the good work with your adherence to your regimen!

You are doing great.
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
You can read more about Transmission and Risks here:
HIV Transmission and Risks
You can read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
You can read more about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read more about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
You can read more about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

Offline David1184

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2019, 12:41:35 am »
Yes, it is common for viral load blips, and your blip is basically a rounding error of the lab test (since it is so inconsequential and you remain undetectable).

Your CD4's are very strong.

Keep up the good work with your adherence to your regimen!

You are doing great.

Thank you for your response!

Offline Expat1

« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2019, 11:13:52 am »
It is not important and your doctor is on top of it with followup in 3 months.  Relax.  The CD4s are good so nothing to worry about.

Offline leatherman

• Global Moderator
  • Google and HIV meds are Your Friends
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2019, 05:11:19 pm »
your doctor is on top of it with followup in 3 months.
my doctor (and I after 25 yrs of meds) wouldn't be at all concerned or change testing schedules if the "blip" wasn't at the least over 200. that low a number, especially if the patient has been at least 95% adherent, literally means nothing as it wouldn't be a cause of resistance or show treatment failure.

I thought I would inject this since I don't know how you, David1184, access your health care. If you have to pay out of pocket, or pay co-pays, you might want to consider the cost of this possibly being an "extra" test, especially coupled with an "extra" physician visit, as this would change the "regular" schedule.
leatherman (aka Michael)

We were standing all alone
You were leaning in to speak to me
Acting like a mover shaker
Dancing to Madonna then you kissed me
And I think about it all the time
- Darren Hayes, "Chained to You"

Offline MadDog125

• Not today,
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2019, 02:32:36 pm »
Be happy with a high CD4, for me I obsessed with my numbers early on.  I have had two IDS now and both have said there not worried until I have a viral Count over 200.  I havnt been over 70 since I got in order.
DX 28DEC17, cd4 112, VC 63000
13FEB18, cd4 215, VC 156
14MAY18, cd4 260, VC 31
23AUG18, cd4 298, VC 61
03OCT18, cd4 300, VC 35
21NOV18, cd4 259, VC <20
18JAN19, cd4 284, VC 24
17APR19, cd4 157, VC <20
24MAY19, cd4 340, VC <20
12AUG19, cd4 304, VC 51
30DEC19, cd4 385, VC <20

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
  • Threads: @jim16309
    • Social Media: Threads
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2019, 12:01:26 pm »
Maybe I’m overreacting...

I was first diagnosed in November of 2018, began Biktarvy right away and reached undetectable a couple months later. Since then my HIV copies have remained <20, until my most recent test last week my copies went up to 25, still undetectable but it drives me crazy that they went up. As a precaution, the Dr. wants me to get labs again in 3 months instead of 6.

I have not missed one dose!! My CD4 rose to 748 up from 580 in May.

Is it common for HIV copies fluctuate like this?

So basically fantastic results and UD. Not sure what the worry is, everything is fine.
Relax, keep taking your meds.

Best, Jim

HIV 101 - Everything you need to know
HIV 101
Read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
Read about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
Read about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline ZachR

• Let's look at the stars again
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2019, 12:11:47 pm »
Chill, copy number fluctuations are no different than your blood pressure fluctuations throughout the day depending on activity, emotion, food. Your body is alive that dynamically change, it's not a robot, to have every parameter fixed. Any movement around and below 100 copies shouldn't be concerning if there is not a pattern forming. I learned that the hard way.
25.10.19 VL 43
26.05.19  CD4+ 685 %26 VL 55
27.03.19  CD4+ 850 %31 VL 24
***Switched to Biktarvy due to side effects.
25.02.19  CD4+ 740 %30 VL 78
15.01.19  CD4+ 1600(might be wrong) %0.7 VL 54
05.11.18  CD4+ 720 VL 1,100
17.09.18  CD4+ 962 %25 VL 14,000,000 - Started first regimen on Triumeq
15.07.18 - diagnosed, CD4+ 490 %20
20.04.18 - infected

https://ibb.co/X74GV0X

Offline CR2016

« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2019, 11:29:31 am »
Hey David1184, dont worry about.
blips are common along the treatment. You can find that blips are in function of your emotional well-being sometimes, so, you should not be worry for 25; it doesnt mean its gonna go up quickly, but the blips should remain.
in my experience, after 2 years of UD i presented 3 blips along a year (170 the major), and never changed my treatment. Doctor told me not to worry and keep good habits, and the last year i have reached UD again (less than 40 here in México).
Be happy and healthy men! Life and god have goods for us.

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.