Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 08, 2024, 04:35:38 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37677
  • Latest: A0304
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773438
  • Total Topics: 66365
  • Online Today: 367
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 297
Total: 297

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Question  (Read 3120 times)

Offline WorriedWife

• Our Little Gift From God
Question
« on: June 04, 2007, 10:02:12 am »
Hi everyone,

For those of you that have not seen my post in Someone I care about has HIV. My husband was diagnosed a little over a month ago. He will be starting his meds probably sometime this week (I hope). I have a quick question. My husband has been complaining about anal sores for the past day or so and I was wondering if anyone can tell me what to buy to help it heal or at least not make it hurt him so much. He has been eating more which I guess is good because the ID Doc told him to gain 15 pounds but as a result he has been having ALOT more bowel movements. Not Diarrhea just normal bowel movements and now he has anal sores can someone please help me?

May God Bless you all and keep you in good health

Stacy
"Everything Happens for a Reason"

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
Re: Question
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2007, 10:08:40 am »
Well Stacy,

How to treat the sores would largely depend on what's causing them, dearest.

MtD

Offline WorriedWife

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2007, 10:25:00 am »
Thanks matt,

I think they showed up becauses he is having so many bowel movements but I could be wrong. I just want to be able to help him as he goes through all of this and since it is so new to both of us it is hard to figure everything out. I am just blessed that I am not also positive because at least I know that if things get bad I can still take care of him. Thank you so much for the responce.

Stacy

Offline red_Dragon888

• Love and Be Love in Return
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2007, 10:27:56 am »
A doctor should answer that question.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=I3ba3lnFHik

Off Crystal Meth since May 13, 2013.  In recovery with 20 months clean time.

Offline Life

• Member 2005
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2007, 10:30:27 am »
Stacy,  see your doctor and get advise there... 

"I know if things get bad I can still take care of him."   /quote

Stay focused in the NOW honey...

Hugs,

Eric

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2007, 10:33:09 am »
In the meantime here is some practical advice...a warm sitz bath may alleviate some of the pain until you get a professional diagnosis. Google sitz bath for instructions.

Offline newbie76

« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2007, 10:35:01 am »
Hello there.

I fully understand what your husband is going through because I am in the same situation at the moment.

I suppose the first step would be to look for blood when he goes to the toilet. This, together with the pain would be an indication of 3 possible causes: hemorroids, anal fissure or fungaei.

As the other have suggested, as embarassing as it may be, a doctor visit is the only way to find out. Meanwhile to help relieve the pain look out for a cream that has some licodine in it. I use "germoloids" which helps somehow but I am in the UK so perhaps in the US is sold with a different brand.

In any case if you go to the pharmacy and look in the hemorroids section you should find this type of creams. I am going to the doctor today to have my bum examined, not looking forward to it but it has to be done. In my case I know it's not hemorroids, but it could be an anal fissure.

Good luck!
25th Apr 07: The worst day of my life
27th Apr 07: cd4 202 14%
30th Apr 07: cd4 126 18% VL 110000
19th May 07: Started Truvada/Sustiva
20th Jun 07: cd4 218 25% VL 435
13th Aug 07: cd4 374 20% VL 64
20th Dec 07: cd4 435 24% VL <50
20th Oct 08: cd4 725 31% VL <50
30th Nov 09: cd4 725 30% VL <50
01st Nov 10: cd4 755 33% VL<50
11th Nov 11: cd4 754 32% VL<50
01st May 12: cd4 864 40% VL<50
01st May 13: cd4 615 VL 609 :-/
14th May 13: VL <50

Offline WorriedWife

« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2007, 10:38:16 am »
Thanks everyone. I know that my hubby does have hemmoriads and that could be it but I just want to help him feel better.

Eric,

I am doing alot better now at living in the NOW but I still have a long way to go. All the help and encourgement I get here in this forum has been a true blessing to me.

God Bless you all

Stacy

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2007, 10:40:50 am »
Sounds like his piles are acting up dearest. I agree with Aunty Doxie when he recommends a sitz bath. Some Preparation H wouldn't go astray either.

MtD

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2007, 10:44:11 am »
Not to hijack Matty but your 3,000 post would come in a thread about the pooper. ;D

Congrats

[attachment deleted by admin]

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.