Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 10:36:32 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37614
  • Latest: bondann
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772955
  • Total Topics: 66311
  • Online Today: 741
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 443
Total: 444

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Prayer Chain  (Read 6734 times)

Offline her_sister

Prayer Chain
« on: October 14, 2007, 03:18:14 pm »
I am so thankful for the help I have recieved in such a short time on this site.  Because of that I want to return the favor.  I may not be able to give others wise words of advice or give any knowledgable information, but I do know how to pray.  If you want to put someone or something on the chain, give scriptures or other words of encouragement, or want to pray for someone... then let's give this a try.   I'll start...

Please pray for my sister, her unborn child, and her husband.

I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.  (PHILIPPIANS 4:13)

Offline emeraldize

Re: Prayer Chain
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2007, 04:01:29 pm »
Dear Her Sister,
I wish to place you on your prayer chain along with your relatives and relative-to-be.

Take good care of yourself so you may be present for them in the weeks and months ahead.
Em

Offline anniebc

• AM member since 2003
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2007, 05:09:52 pm »
Dear Sister

I think your prayer chain is a lovely idea, and I'm gald you have found the help that you needed but you don't owe us any favours, your gift to us is that you care, love and understand what your sister and her family are through and you are willing to give them your support, words are not always important but being there for them is.

I would like to join Em and add you and your family to your prayer list..I would also like to add a very special prayer for Christine and one for all of us here who are living, struggling and trying to cope as best we can with a virus that has changed our lives in so many different ways.

Hugs to all
Jan :-*
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Never knock on deaths door..ring the bell and run..he really hates that.

Offline her_sister

« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2007, 04:15:06 pm »
When my brother-in-law got his positive results a week after my sister got hers, the first thing he did was go home and read his Bible.  When he opened it the first scripture he saw was Psalms 28.  It is such a wonderful scripture.  Later that night he placed his hand on my sister's litle pregnant belly an he began to speak to his unborn son.  He so badly wanted to feel him move since my mother was the only person to get to feel him.  Then he felt what he had been waiting for.  Little Dalton kicked his daddy's hand for the very first time!  He knew exactly what his mommy and daddy needed to feel better.  Now, the day has an all new significance.One far greater than the news they recieved earlier that day.  Baby Dalton may be very small, but when it comes to miracles he is very big!

Little one so small so sweet,
Dancing in on angel's feet.
Straight from Heaven's brightest star,
What a miracle you are.
[/size][/color]

Psalms 28

A prayer for help

1  Unto thee will I cry, O LORD my rock: be not silent to me: lest, if thou be silent to me, I become like them that go down into the pit.
2  Hear the voice of my supplications, when I cry unto thee, when I lift up my hands toward thy holy oracle.
3  Draw me not away with the wicked, and with the workers of iniquity, which speak peace to their neighbours, but mischief is in their hearts.
4  Give them according to their deeds, and according to the wickedness of their endeavours: give them after the work of their hands; render to them their desert.
5  Because they regard not the works of the LORD, nor the operations of his hands, he shall destroy them, and not build them up.
6  Blessed be the LORD,because he hath heard the voice of my supplications.
7  The LORD is my strength and my shield; my heart trusted in him, and I am helped: therefore my heart greatly rejoiceth; and with my song will I praise him.
8  The LORD is their strength, and he is the saving strength of his anointed.
9  Save thy people, and bless thine inheritance:feed them also, and lift them up for ever.

Offline her_sister

« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2007, 12:53:00 am »
Please keep Christine's husband in your prayers as he deals with her passing.

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.