Off Topic Forums > Off Topic Forum

Turning 40

(1/6) > >>

Jim Allen:
So in 8 days, I will turn 40.

Growing up, when my father turned 40, we got grounded and sent to our room because we wished my father a happy 40th birthday ... When my mother turned 40, she had her first tattoo done and a party. So I grew up with polar attitudes to turning 40.

Seen plenty of articles on turning 40 over the years and people throwing parties or feeling sorry for themselves, but now it's my turn, and I have to be honest, I am feeling 'Meh' about it. Although back in 1998 I honestly had not expected to live this long, I don't see the importance or any real milestone in turning 40; it's just another year.

Besides seeing the first few grey pube hairs and having to trim my nose hair more often than getting a haircut, am I missing something?

daveR:
The big 40. I looked forward to it with enthusiasm. Same hype as you mentioned. I actually spent the day flying to work so there was no celebration. And strangely enough, felt exactly the same the day after as I did before.
50 past in the exact same style, going to see what I can achieve in 13 months when I hit 60.
Getting older, should just ban it

zach:
Get a tattoo, mom knows best

You have 8 days to decide what and where

Jim Allen:

--- Quote from: zach on January 14, 2022, 03:43:16 am ---Get a tattoo, mom knows best

You have 8 days to decide what and where

--- End quote ---

LOL

Although I would not say never, so far I've never seen anything I would permanently on my body.

Jim Allen:

--- Quote from: daveR on January 13, 2022, 11:30:21 pm ---The big 40. I looked forward to it with enthusiasm. Same hype as you mentioned. I actually spent the day flying to work so there was no celebration. And strangely enough, felt exactly the same the day after as I did before.
50 past in the exact same style, going to see what I can achieve in 13 months when I hit 60.
Getting older, should just ban it

--- End quote ---

Yup should be banned.  :)

Agreed, its just hype and I don't think or feel like doing anything for my 40th, it's just another day. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version