Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 04:01:59 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37635
  • Latest: Ranoye
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773156
  • Total Topics: 66329
  • Online Today: 248
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 200
Total: 200

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Jan 20th - The National Conference for PLWHIV - Ireland  (Read 4451 times)

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
  • Threads: @jim16309
    • Social Media: Threads
Jan 20th - The National Conference for PLWHIV - Ireland
« on: January 14, 2018, 04:53:57 am »
Registration open until the 16th of Dec

https://positivenow.ie/2nd-national-conference-for-plwhiv/

Topics for this conference were chosen by people living with HIV as a result of feedback given from participants attending our first national conference in February 2016.  A further focus group was held to determine final topics and speakers.

There will be presentations on HIV and Ageing, Disclosure, Research on HIV and Stigma, Equality and Human Rights, and on Hello Gorgeous, a Dutch magazine for people living with HIV. A full agenda will be issued to participants in early January
HIV 101 - Everything you need to know
HIV 101
Read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
Read about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
Read about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline paintedroom

• Dx`d July 2016
Re: Jan 20th - The National Conference for PLWHIV - Ireland
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2018, 04:54:55 pm »
Thanks Jim,
it`s been a nutty christmas and new year - i was hit by a car cycling in stillorgan and broke my wrist,screwed up my back and ribs a month before christmas.That meant i was reliant on others rather than fullfilling all the jobs that fall to a son over the festive period.Frayed nerves and tempers were further tested just after christmas day when a family member ended up in hospital for open heart surgery so suffice to say my dance card has been very full.
Thanks for the link,its something i would like to do and may still do but at this point i`m scrambling to pay bills and return to work(self employed) while visiting hospital in an increasing fractious family context.Enough !

Hope your Christmas and New year were less eventful,P.
Dx`d mid July 2016
8/8/2016 - CD4 50     VL 50,000
5/9/2016 -  CD4 150
13/9/2016  VL  undetectable.
March `17 - CD4 193   VL undetectable.
March  `18 CD4 214    VL undetectable
March 2019 CD4 325  VL UD
Genvoya - Changed to Biktarvy feb 2021

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2018, 01:20:48 pm »
Damn, really sorry to hear you have been in the wars.

- Stillorgan ... so it was a big new car as well  ;D ... 

Joking aside though sorry to hear that and hope you are healing okay. Also sounds like worst timing ever for this to happen when you are already having a hard time and a family member having surgery and all.   

Hopefully that is the end of your misfortunes and may the rest of this New Year  bring you nothing but good luck.

If you change your mind do register, its a free event and on a Saturday,  sometimes getting out and about and a change of scenery helps.

Best wishes

Jim 
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline paintedroom

• Dx`d July 2016
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2018, 02:05:05 pm »
Cheers Jim,

Healing slowly which is a curse.Feeling somewhat burnt out after all the stress and complication..onward to sunny uplands,he said dryly.

Hope all well with you,P.
Dx`d mid July 2016
5/9/2016 -  CD4 150

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2018, 12:47:54 pm »
I'm grand thanks and hope you feel better soon.

Take it easy.

Jim
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2018, 05:20:13 am »
Ill post some video links next week.

2nd Irish PLHIV conference was very insightful. Also great insights on continued efforts towards fighting stigma and how sigma has been changing and changed over time.

HIV and Ageing by Dr. Paddy Mallon, Head of Molecular Research at Dublin’s Mater.
  • Current ongoing research into ageing, How Irish people are contributing to international frontier on this research
  • Premature aging vs accelerated aging. How/when & why we may see Premature but its not accelerated aging and the general misconceptions between them.

Research on HIV and Stigma by John McDermot
  • John McDermot and his research and findings on the experiences of Gay men living with HIV in Ireland

Equality and Human Rights by Niall Crowel
  • Making rights real for people living with HIV

Hello Gorgeous, a Dutch magazine for people living with HIV. by Leo Schenk, Editor https://www.hellogorgeous.nl/english/
  • Bye Bye Stigma, Hallo Gorgeous. Taking about being visible to challenge stigma
  • Empowering HIV communities & people to simply cut the ties of stigma and taking that "power" back so to speak

Finally in the afternoon there was group workshops on self and community development, lead by John McDermot

Jim
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline paintedroom

• Dx`d July 2016
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2018, 04:29:26 pm »
Thanks so much Jim,i look forward to seeing them.
Dx`d mid July 2016
5/9/2016 -  CD4 150

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.