Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 03:36:41 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37651
  • Latest: Toropi_
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773280
  • Total Topics: 66347
  • Online Today: 354
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 298
Total: 298

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: PLZ Some one Undrestand me And Help ME !!!  (Read 8909 times)

Offline ali-samet

• Standard
PLZ Some one Undrestand me And Help ME !!!
« on: July 16, 2011, 06:02:17 am »
Hello

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
Re: PLZ Some one Undrestand me And Help ME !!!
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2011, 06:55:22 am »
Hello.

MtD

Offline anniebc

• AM member since 2003
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2011, 07:50:52 am »
Hello Ali, can we help you with anything?

Jan
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Never knock on deaths door..ring the bell and run..he really hates that.

Offline ali-samet

• Standard
Plz HELP ME :(
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2011, 08:17:25 am »
Hello ! I'm 20 Years old ! 8 weeks ago i had unprotected Sex with some one ...i was worried that maybe i got HIV..It was my exams time and i got really bad stress...All the time i was thinking about HIV..in that time i was eating only fast foods and was sleeping maybe 4 hours in a day...I was like this for 3 weeks ...I was feeling Hot a little bit . when i went to DR he said u r only a little bit hot its normal..In the last day of my exams which i didn't sleep for 3 days and i was really tired ..I smoked 2 joint weed and i slept ..when i woke up next day i got runny nose and sneezing and sore throat and cough but my temperature was normal..all these went out after 10 days..i got scary that maybe i have HIV ..i did the test after 2 weeks it came out negative..the person which is i had sex she also did the test also it was negative...i became relax..but again i got scary CZ i was thinking maybe she had sex with another person before me..any way after 4 weeks i got rush under my chest ..it was small part and it was Itching..after some days i got another rush in the same place but another side and headech and my Jaw and ears were painful one of my tooth..i cleaned that and i kept the rush dry after 1 week it went out...i got same as that rush two times on back one time in my groin ... The rush was red...in that time i was checking my armpits for lymph nodes,,i could not find..so i did the test again after 55 days and it came out negative..the day which is i did the test i found one node in my armpit and i went to Dr she said there is only one node and its 1 Cm and its not painful ..and next day i found another node in my armpit same side but this one when i touch that is painful a bit..i got scary again and again i searched in internet and i found that some one said Using creatine  swell armpit nodes,, and also before 18 days i started to using protein powder which is gainer with creatine...        I have some questions plz answer me.... lymph nodes can be swell in one day? these symptoms can be Another sickness like URI Or allergy? i remember i had chest pain :(  plz help me  i cant eat i cant do anything I'm just thinking
« Last Edit: July 16, 2011, 08:44:25 am by ali-samet »

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2011, 09:15:55 am »
Ali, I'm glad you clarified your situation. Also, I want to mention that we have a rule here to keep all entries in the same thread. So I have merged your entries here. Please use only this same thread in the future if you want to say something.

If by "unprotected sex" you mean either unprotected vaginal or anal intercourse then those are risks for HIV. In fact they are the only confirmed risks for the sexual transmission of HIV.

The good news is that with your negative at 55 days, you are most likely going to continue to test negative when you re-test as you should at 13 weeks. The average time to seroconversion is 22 days. All but the very smallest number of those who are going to seroconvert will do so within 4-6 weeks after an exposure to the virus. So you are on track to continue to test negative.

You have to learn from this experience. It doesn't matter what's going on in your life -- there are always stressful matters. But stress or no, you need to be using a condom everytime you have intercourse. No exceptions, no stories.

As for your lymph nodes. Leave them alone. You can create a problem where none exists. And none of the symptoms you are looking for can ever tell you for sure about your HIV status. Only an HIV test taken at the right time can do that.

With your negative at 55 days, I am expecting you to come out of this ok. 
Andy Velez

Offline ali-samet

• Standard
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2011, 09:31:56 am »
Im srry ! :( But really i can not Handle My mind !! :(  Can i ask you that is there big different between 55 days or 56 days for test? I had anal sex...

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2011, 09:45:41 am »
No, no difference between 55 and 56 days.

And with the negative result you have already received, it is most likely that you will continue to test negative. Get busy with other things while you are waiting to re-test. Doing that will help the time to pass more easily. And don't bother saying you're too worried to do that. That response is not going to fly here. Just do it.

I expect  you to come out of this ok.
Andy Velez

Offline ali-samet

• Standard
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2011, 09:48:43 am »
Thank you So much..But All these symptoms are so close to HIV Right?

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2011, 09:51:12 am »
No, they are not. They are NOT HIV-specific. Period.

In fact you need to know that neither the presence nor the absence of symptoms will ever tell you anything accurately about your HIV status. Only an HIV test taken at the proper time will give you that answer when there has been a risk.

You need to take some good deep breaths and concentrate on other things in your life. Like NOW.
Andy Velez

Offline ali-samet

• Standard
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2011, 09:56:28 am »
Im really Happy That I found Here :( If i could not find here  i was going to be crazy :( 24h In Each day front Of my eyes is HIV ...Some times im trying to make my self ready to accept the HIV
« Last Edit: July 16, 2011, 10:00:36 am by ali-samet »

Offline ali-samet

• Standard
« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2011, 10:42:06 am »
Please Can i Ask u that :
Using creatin swell The lymph nodes?? Is impossible !!!
and in HIV positive case nodes are bigger than 1cm?

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2011, 10:46:18 am »
I'm not going to get into any discussion about lymph nodes sizes or any other so-called symptoms. We don't do that here.

You have some time to wait for a final test result. As I have told you, I expect you to test negative again. And I really don't have anything more to add to that at this point.
Andy Velez

Offline ali-samet

• Standard
« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2011, 11:11:46 am »
OK Thank you :(

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2011, 11:26:43 am »
You're welcome. Now, get on with your day...
Andy Velez

Offline ali-samet

• Standard
« Reply #14 on: July 16, 2011, 01:07:22 pm »
My doctor told lets say ur lymph nodes swoll CZ of hiv..so right now HIV test should be + CZ lymph nodes are making ANTI Bodies ...Is it right?

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15 on: July 16, 2011, 02:02:45 pm »
Lymph nodes become swollen for many reasons. Swollen lymph nodes are not an HIV specific symptom.
Andy Velez

Offline ali-samet

• Standard
« Reply #16 on: July 16, 2011, 02:13:35 pm »
Thank You !
just this question plz :(
How long After infection Body will get rush?

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17 on: July 16, 2011, 03:01:28 pm »
The rash associated with a new infection can show up for a week or two during seroconversion. But it is not always significant enough to be noticed. Once it appears it's there and then gone. It does not come and go and come again. 
Andy Velez

Offline ali-samet

• Standard
« Reply #18 on: July 16, 2011, 03:23:12 pm »
i have heard that when In HIV + the time which is rush show up it is with flu,sllowen lymph nodes,...And the person is really not feeling healthy..Is it true??
« Last Edit: July 16, 2011, 03:37:28 pm by ali-samet »

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19 on: July 16, 2011, 03:44:06 pm »
I don't have anything more to say. You just continue with "I heard" and "what ifs" that will do you no good. And I am not willing to participate.

You had a risk. With your earlier negative result you are likely to test negative again.

Find something else besides more questions to feed your anxiety while you are waiting to get tested. 
Andy Velez

Offline ali-samet

• Standard
« Reply #20 on: July 16, 2011, 03:47:03 pm »
OKKKKKKK! really thank you ..I'm sure i will come back with negative results ;)

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #21 on: July 16, 2011, 04:12:02 pm »
Ali,

If you read the Welcome Thread before posting like you're supposed to, you will have read the following posting guideline:

Do NOT use Private Messages to question other members about any transmission, testing or symptom issues. These issues must be discussed in the public forum. Misuse of the PM function in this manner will result in your PM privileges being removed without warning.

I have removed your PM privileges.

As you have been repeatedly told, neither symptoms nor the lack of symptoms will tell you a single thing about your hiv status. ONLY testing at the appropriate time will tell you if you're hiv positive or negative.

Like Andy, I do not expect your negative result to change when you test at three months.

Keep your hands OFF your lymph nodes. Touching and feeling them can actually irritate them and MAKE them swell. Hands OFF!!!

There's nothing more we can tell you. If you keep posting obsessively about this, you will be given a time out. Please consider yourself warned!!!

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline ali-samet

• Standard
« Reply #22 on: July 16, 2011, 04:20:23 pm »
Really Really Sorry !!
OK for Sure Im gonna listen what you said and i will come back with negativee result !!

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #23 on: July 17, 2011, 09:43:59 am »
Ali,

I have deleted two posts you left in two threads in the Just Tested Poz forum. One of the posts was written over a quarter of an hour after I first posted this warning, before I edited it. You are on thin ice here.

You clearly have not read the Welcome Thread like I asked you to yesterday. If you HAD read it, you will have read the following posting guideline:

With the exception of the “Am I Infected?” and “Off Topic” Forums, the AIDSmeds.com Forums are intended for people who have been diagnosed with HIV (or their loved ones/caregivers).  If you are questioning or unaware of your HIV status, please refrain from posting messages or questions in the Forums intended for HIV-positive people.

I strongly urge you to read the entire Welcome thread and abide by the posting rules found there. You have already lost your PM privilege and you will soon be permanently banned if you continue to disregard our rules.

Please consider yourself warned for the last time!!! You will NOT get another warning.

Ann
« Last Edit: July 17, 2011, 11:14:11 am by Ann »

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline ali-samet

• Standard
« Reply #24 on: July 17, 2011, 10:21:06 am »
I'm sorry :( !!so can i ask my question here? :(

Offline ali-samet

• Standard
« Reply #25 on: July 17, 2011, 10:26:59 am »
Is The Test always Positive after Seroconversion time?

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #26 on: July 17, 2011, 11:21:49 am »
Ali,

Seroconversion means the blood (the prefix "sero", from serum, refers to blood) has converted from hiv antibody negative (aka seronegative) to hiv antibody positive (aka seropositive). So yes, a test will be positive after seroconversion.

If your symptoms had anything to do with hiv, you would have tested positive when you tested at 55/56 days. I do not expect your negative result to change when you test at three months.

We're not here to hold your hand while you wait to test. There's nothing more we can add to this discussion. If you continue to post obsessively over this, you'll get a time out. If you cannot cope with the waiting period, you're going to have to get yourself into face-to-face counselling. We cannot provide that here.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline ali-samet

• Standard
« Reply #27 on: July 17, 2011, 11:36:37 am »
Please do not  get angry from me ! I'm really sorry

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #28 on: July 17, 2011, 12:18:50 pm »
Ali,

I'm not angry, I just don't see the point in telling you the same thing again and again, nor do I see the point in having to remind you of our posting rules again and again. Enough is enough.

The only thing of value we can say to you - and I'll say it one last time - is that you are highly unlikely to go on to test positive after an eight week negative. If your symptoms had anything to do with hiv, you would have already tested positive.

I hope you see sense and stop posting until you can post about your conclusive negative result in about four weeks time. Get busy with other things in your life while you wait to test, and stay off hiv internet sites.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline ali-samet

• Standard
« Reply #29 on: July 18, 2011, 03:48:45 pm »
Srry For Asking Again question
Can Some one be sick two time during the period time ?

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #30 on: July 19, 2011, 08:29:13 am »
No. When ARS occurs it happens once with symptoms of varying degrees and then it is gone. It doesn't come back for a second time.
Andy Velez

Offline ali-samet

• Standard
« Reply #31 on: July 19, 2011, 01:02:32 pm »
It means ARS Is Last Step? And after that The person Should Be HIV positive?
and another question is the ARS for HIV itchy or not?

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #32 on: July 19, 2011, 04:16:06 pm »
Yes, after ARS the person would test positive.

No, the rash associated with ARS is not itchy.
Andy Velez

Offline ali-samet

• Standard
« Reply #33 on: July 20, 2011, 03:06:34 am »
Really Really Thank You Andy and Ann ! You Made Me Really Relax !

Offline ali-samet

• Standard
« Reply #34 on: July 25, 2011, 01:04:32 pm »
Hello Again !
I told u before that i did the test after 55/56 days and it came back negative..during these days i found two swollen lymph nodes in my armpit in the right side and both are 1 cm and no pain.. SO :
 right now I'm in the 10 week and since 4 days ago I'm feeling burning in my upper chest in right side and i have no rush or something..is burning some times in a day and some times no ! and i have pain in the same side as the part which is burning ! and i before i checked i had no lymph nodes in my left armpit but now i found one lymph node and the size is 1 cm and i have a little bit Bone pain some times ... Also i go to gym..and here the weather is hot !
I Have some questions please answer me :

1) skin burning no rush and without any thing can HIV positive ?
2) Have u seen any one to convert to positive in the 10 week?
3) do u know any reason that lymph nodes be swollen without any showing of sickness?
4) Can swollen lymph nodes be CZ of shaving the armpit?
5) Can i get test now for my last results in 10 week?

Thank you so much
« Last Edit: July 25, 2011, 01:12:34 pm by ali-samet »

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #35 on: July 25, 2011, 01:19:13 pm »
ali,

1. That can happen to anyone.

2. Never.

3. Lymph nodes can swell for all sorts of reasons. If you're worried about yours, go to a doctor.

4. Probably.

5. You can have a conclusive result after twelve weeks. I do not expect your previous negative result to change.

If you feel unwell, GO SEE A DOCTOR. Whatever is going on is highly unlikely to have anything to do with hiv.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline ali-samet

• Standard
« Reply #36 on: July 25, 2011, 01:22:40 pm »
No im not feeling Bad im ok and healthy Im going to gym and im eating 5 meals in a day !!

What do you suggest me to do?

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #37 on: July 25, 2011, 01:24:33 pm »
ali,

I suggest you stop posting until you can post about your inevitable confirmatory negative result.

Get busy with other things while you wait to test. There's nothing more we can tell you.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline ali-samet

• Standard
« Reply #38 on: August 11, 2011, 12:20:48 pm »
HI Guys !!!!
First of all i want to say thank you so much for everything you are the best !
you are talking so lovely ! i love you all

I did my test after 12 weeks and it came back negative !!!

thanks God and I'm not gonna do this mistake again

Thank you All !

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #39 on: August 11, 2011, 05:04:15 pm »
That's good news.

Make sure you that condoms are always used in the future if you are going to have intercourse.

Now, get on with your life.
Andy Velez

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.