Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 12:42:23 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37635
  • Latest: Ranoye
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773156
  • Total Topics: 66328
  • Online Today: 248
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 163
Total: 163

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: House Republican Resigns Amid Shirtless Photo Scandal  (Read 14612 times)

Offline J.R.E.

• Positive since 1985, joined forums 12/03
« Last Edit: February 10, 2011, 07:59:34 am by J.R.E. »
Current Meds ; Viramune / Epzicom Eliquis, Diltiazem. Pravastatin 80mg, Ezetimibe. UPDATED 2/18/24
 Tested positive in 1985,.. In October of 2003, My t-cell count was 16, Viral load was over 500,000, Percentage at that time was 5%. I started on  HAART on October 24th, 2003.

As of Oct 2nd, 2023, Viral load Undetectable.
CD 4 @676 /  CD4 % @ 18 %
Lymphocytes,absolute-3815 (within range)

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline Miss Philicia

• celebrity poster, faker & poser
Re: House Republican Resigns Amid Shirtless Photo Scandal
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2011, 09:10:55 am »
I'm having a difficult time understanding when/why Republicans resign -- if Ensign could avoid resigning why did this guy resign?

Also, family values = win!
"I’ve slept with enough men to know that I’m not gay"

Offline carousel

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2011, 11:59:09 am »
He should just chill out.

Here's a couple of pics of our former British Government Minister and current Labour MP showing his stuff.  Think the first one was from his Gaydar profile.  Though his y-fronts look like they could do with a boil wash.

And here with Lady Pats

Offline denb45

• "1987 Classic Old School POZ+"
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2011, 12:11:09 pm »
I'm having a difficult time understanding when/why Republicans resign -- if Ensign could avoid resigning why did this guy resign?

Also, family values = win!

I'm having a difficult time understanding what is so wrong w/ what he did? posting a shirtless pic of yourself
without ANY follow-thur , I mean it wasn't like he was having an Affair? isn't really a bad thing, but Republicans will always be Republicans, and  family values = win! w/ them I suppose.....
« Last Edit: February 10, 2011, 12:15:14 pm by denb45 »
"it's so nice to be insane, cause no-one ask you to explain" Helen Reddy cc 1974

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2011, 12:28:23 pm »
I'm having a difficult time understanding what is so wrong w/ what he did? posting a shirtless pic of yourself
without ANY follow-thur , I mean it wasn't like he was having an Affair? isn't really a bad thing, but Republicans will always be Republicans, and  family values = win! w/ them I suppose.....

Yeah, it's not like he got caught wearing diapers while hiring prostitutes like Senator David Vitter who is still in office.  Gotta love those voters in Louisiana.

Offline woodshere

• ain't no shame in my game
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2011, 02:03:50 pm »
without ANY follow-thur , I mean it wasn't like he was having an Affair? isn't really a bad thing, but Republicans will always be Republicans, and  family values = win! w/ them I suppose.....

I dare say that his wife might think there is something wrong with what he did.
"Let us give pubicity to HV/AIDS and not hide it..." "One of the things destroying people with AIDS is the stigma we attach to it."   Nelson Mandela

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2011, 02:22:35 pm »
The leader of the Tories down here is rarely seen in anything but his sluggos:

I believe every third meeting of his shadow cabinet is nude.

MtD

Offline mecch

• red pill? or blue pill?
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2011, 04:00:41 pm »
Far as I have seen and read, no Republicans pushed him out. Rather it seemed like a personal decision and seems like he was embarrassed, and upset he "hurt" his family.
The resignation is going to cost tax payers a pretty penny cause there must be a special election.  The guy should have apologized to whomever needed it privately, and stayed in his job. Then again, what a loser to resign, I guess therefore everyones better off without him.

Looks pretty tight!  Wouldn't have guessed the hotness, from the head and suit image, in the clips we see on tv.
“From each, according to his ability; to each, according to his need” 1875 K Marx

Offline jkinatl2

• Doo. Dah. Dipp-ity.
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2011, 04:26:36 pm »
Yeah, he is/was a Republican who voted to keep DADT and put his name on an intrusive abortion bill, keeping his family values at the forefront of his campaign. Wife, two kids.

Except then he landed on Craigslist and chatted up a woman there, saying he was divorced with two kids, sent aforementioned shirtless pic, and wanted to hook up.

It wasn't the shirtless pic that landed him in trouble, it was, as usual, the hypocrisy of telling other people what their family values ought to be, and then applying vastly different rules to his personal life.

"Many people, especially in the gay community, turn to oral sex as a safer alternative in the age of AIDS. And with HIV rates rising, people need to remember that oral sex is safer sex. It's a reasonable alternative."

-Kimberly Page-Shafer, PhD, MPH

Welcome Thread

Offline mecch

« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2011, 04:33:58 pm »
Rachel Maddow said he didn't campaign on family values, but maybe I heard wrong or she or you go that wrong.

It would seem he has some "family values" guilt and couldn't deal with his own hypocrisy. Or maybe its a huge crisis with his wife, at the moment.
“From each, according to his ability; to each, according to his need” 1875 K Marx

Offline GSOgymrat

• HIV+ since 1993. Relentlessly gay.
« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2011, 04:44:53 pm »
I appreciate that he just resigned rather than drawing it out with a bunch of recriminations, lame excuses (wide stance anyone?), interviews, hand wringing and "special reports" about Craig's List and infidelity.

Offline jkinatl2

• Doo. Dah. Dipp-ity.
« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2011, 04:53:17 pm »
Rachel Maddow said he didn't campaign on family values, but maybe I heard wrong or she or you go that wrong.

It would seem he has some "family values" guilt and couldn't deal with his own hypocrisy. Or maybe its a huge crisis with his wife, at the moment.

From the Gawker site:

<<Yesterday, we reached out to Rep. Lee, whose support for "Don't Ask, Don't Tell" and vote to reject federal abortion funding suggests a certain comfort with publicly scrutinizing others' sex lives.>>

http://gawker.com/#!5755071/married-gop-congressman-sent-sexy-pictures-to-craigslist-babe

Though he did not air commercials based on family values, when asked about these specific issues, he was very clear during and after his campaign. In this day and age, it is the rare politician who is NOT asked about these and other potentially incendiary issues during the campaign.

I normally don't follow Colorado politics much, but a good friend lives there and he sent me video after video of this guy (turns out I was on his mass political email list, and he was/is a Democratic Party supporter, big time).
"Many people, especially in the gay community, turn to oral sex as a safer alternative in the age of AIDS. And with HIV rates rising, people need to remember that oral sex is safer sex. It's a reasonable alternative."

-Kimberly Page-Shafer, PhD, MPH

Welcome Thread

Offline hope_for_a_cure

« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2011, 05:29:24 pm »
http://gawker.com/#!5755071/married-gop-congressman-sent-sexy-pictures-to-craigslist-babe

The guy just wanted to get him some 'strange'.  This happens all the time I would venture to guess.  There is probably more here than meets the eye and Mr Lee got busted BIG TIME! 

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2011, 05:55:59 pm »
The guy is not the brightest bulb in the room. Why would anyone in Congress be so stupid as to try to find some tail on Craigy? Not to mention send a photo of himself to just some random woman.

Surely he has other avenues he could pursue to find some strange. Aren't there groupies that hang around congress? what about his secretary? what about the tried and true Intern? What about jsut driving down to Ho avenue and getting him some skank in Daisy Dukes?

Or here's a radical thought, how about he go home and be with his wife? (yes, I know I'm old fashioned)

-Will
POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,
2/4/13, CD4 - 489, UD, 28%

Current Meds: Prezista/Epzicom/ Norvir

Offline Hellraiser

• Semi-misanthropic
« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2011, 03:28:18 am »
Or here's a radical thought, how about he go home and be with his wife? (yes, I know I'm old fashioned)

-Will

Wouldn't that be more familiar than strange?

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2011, 07:42:19 am »

Girlfriend, if you were old fashioned you'd still be with your wife instead of taking raw loads up your backdoor and ending up here.  Glass houses and all that, ya know!

Offline J.R.E.

« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2011, 07:46:10 am »

Meet The Gawker Blogger Who Took Down 'Craigslist Congressman' Chris Lee In 3 Hours

I meant to post this the other day.  Video at bottom of page:

http://www.businessinsider.com/chris-lee-craigslist-congressman-gawker-4-hours-2011-2

Ray
Current Meds ; Viramune / Epzicom Eliquis, Diltiazem. Pravastatin 80mg, Ezetimibe. UPDATED 2/18/24
 Tested positive in 1985,.. In October of 2003, My t-cell count was 16, Viral load was over 500,000, Percentage at that time was 5%. I started on  HAART on October 24th, 2003.

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2011, 11:49:10 am »
Girlfriend, if you were old fashioned you'd still be with your wife instead of taking raw loads up your backdoor and ending up here.  Glass houses and all that, ya know!

uhh HELLO! I did it the old fashioned way...it's called D-I-V-O-R-C-E and THEN take massive loads up my pretty kitty

POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
« Reply #18 on: February 11, 2011, 02:18:23 pm »
uhh HELLO! I did it the old fashioned way...it's called D-I-V-O-R-C-E and THEN take massive loads up my pretty kitty

Yes dear. I'm sure your mother is very proud of you.

MtD

Offline Hellraiser

• Semi-misanthropic
« Reply #19 on: February 11, 2011, 02:21:25 pm »

The question is why poor Matty has to be involved in your sex acts.

Offline GSOgymrat

« Reply #20 on: February 11, 2011, 04:47:25 pm »
Internet confession bites yet another person in the ass...

Teacher who blogged about her stripping quits

http://news.cnet.com/8301-17852_3-20031563-71.html?tag=cnetRiver

We live in a world of free expression. It's just that sometimes we pay a large price for it.
I give you--for she is now free to express herself however she wants--Melissa Petro.
Petro was an elementary school teacher in the Bronx. She taught art. And it just so happened she used to be paid for performance art. Yes, Petro used to be a stripper and a prostitute.
You can imagine that, when her school found out, it wasn't overcome with pleasure. Indeed, it suspended her, which, according to CBS New York, drove her to a resigned state.
She told CBS New York that she would rather move on with her life than face a termination hearing. Perhaps it would have seemed like an audition for a job she knew she wouldn't get.
Which, strangely, she didn't feel about the teaching job in the first place. She passed the Department of Education's background check. She seems to have been a good teacher for all of the three years that she worked in the Bronx.
It's just that she decided to write about her past for The Huffington Post. Her post was thoughtful. She wrote about what it felt like to use Craigslist to advertise for clients. She suggested Craigslist was wrong to shut down its adult services section.
Unfortunately, this led to New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg saying: "We're just not going to have this woman in front of a class
."....
« Last Edit: February 11, 2011, 04:49:10 pm by GSOgymrat »

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
« Reply #21 on: February 11, 2011, 06:53:56 pm »
Yes dear. I'm sure your mother is very proud of you.

MtD

;D

POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,

Offline tednlou2

« Reply #22 on: February 12, 2011, 02:50:04 am »
It does seem like someone who wanted to get caught by sending out his real name and a pic.  Or, he thought people in D.C. wouldn't know who he was.  It is hard to understand.  But, I thought the same thing about why he resigned.  He made a personal mistake with his wife--unless his wife doesn't care.  I've been hearing Bohner did pressure him out.  But, I've also been hearing that there are stories about Bohner messing around.  So, I don't know.  I was praying it was going to be a dude he was trying to meet.  He gives off that vibe to me.  Maybe we'll hear where he has been on the M4M section of Craigslist too.  Fingers crossed.  He got into the same situation many people do.  He is away from home most of the time and gets horny.  The only exception is that he was a Congressman.  Oh, I liked how the woman said his wife should get tested.     

Tonight, Bill Maher showed a list of repubs and dems who've been in sex "scandals".  Repubs had twice as many. 

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #23 on: February 12, 2011, 03:56:29 am »

The only exception is that he was a Congressman.

I don't really care about him being a Congressman per se, what I have a problem with is that he is a Congressman who tries to legislate the sex lives of others. What a hypocrite.
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline tednlou2

« Reply #24 on: February 12, 2011, 04:15:33 am »
I don't really care about him being a Congressman per se, what I have a problem with is that he is a Congressman who tries to legislate the sex lives of others. What a hypocrite.

True dat!  There is always just something very disgusting when Congressmen, or anyone, tell others how to live and legislate morality when they are cheating on their spouses, or doing the very things they campaign against.  Repubs always cry there is a double standard--that people and the media hold them more accountable.  However, most Dems (I can't even think of one) don't go around telling people they aren't moral or a real family. 

Offline J.R.E.

« Reply #25 on: February 12, 2011, 05:24:25 am »
 What's Next For 26th Congressional District

http://www.wgrz.com/news/article/108834/37/Whats-Next-For-26th-District

My home town was in his district.   

BUFFALO, NY - The shocking resignation from Rep. Chris Lee (R - NY 26th District) means New York Governor Andrew Cuomo will have to call a special election to fill the vacancy.

2 On Your Side has learned from a source that Clarence area New York State Assemblywoman Jane Corwin (R - 142nd District) is the leading candidate to be nominated for the spot by the Republican party.

The party chairmen will vote on whom to run in a special election, and the weighted voted is based on how many votes were cast for governor on each party's line. Since Erie County has the most voters in the 26th District, that county will carry most of the weighted vote.

The district covers all or parts of the Monroe County towns of Clarkson, Sweden, Ogden, Parma, Greece, Riga and Wheatland. It includes all of Genesee, Wyoming and Livingston counties and parts of Orleans, Niagara and Erie counties.

Monroe County Republican Chairman Bill Reilich mentioned Monroe County Executive Maggie Brooks as a possibility for the district, but as of Wednesday evening had not spoken to her.

Other possibilities Reilich mentioned were former Assemblyman Jack Quinn of Hamburg, former Niagara County Republican Chairman Henry Wojtaszek of North Tonawanda,  Sen. George Maziarz of Newfane and Sen. Joseph Robach of Greece.

New York will lose two congressional districts before the 2012 election, due to reapportionment.

Lee's departure will likely have an effect on that process, though if an established politician was elected, that could change the dynamic, Reilich said.

Reilich said Lee had served the district well.

"Sometimes people have a momentary lapse in judgment that they pay for a lifetime," he said.

Bill Nojay, a Rochester-area conservative talk show host, called the situation "bizarre." 

"It's one of those moments when you wonder what is happening to our country," Nojay said. "If you asked me who is the last congressman in America you would expect this of, I would have said Chris Lee."

There is a chance Lee's resignation would clear the way for the 26th District to be eliminated. New York State lost population in the most recent census and at least one congressional district in New York State is expected to be eliminated.

================================================

I know this Sen George Maziarz from North Tonawanda,( actually living in Newfane)mentioned in the article above Went to school with him.  Its been at least 43 years, since I've seen him. He's a couple years younger than me.  But I remember the Marziarz family very well.

Ray

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline J.R.E.

« Reply #26 on: February 12, 2011, 05:40:40 am »

I had to laugh, I looked Up the Biography of George Maziarz, and there was a video of him. About 30 seconds into it, I was finally recognizing him. even recognized the voice, and the eyes.   It's  strange, when you haven't seen someone in over 40 years !   :) And shit,  he became a republican !

http://www.nysenate.gov/senator/george-d-maziarz/bio

I just showed the video to Ed. Ed said, "He's 2 years younger than us, he looks at least 10 years older than us "

Ray

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline GSOgymrat

« Reply #27 on: February 12, 2011, 08:14:45 am »
I find it interesting that some people have a blasé attitude regarding a politician having sex with women he meets on the Internet but went apoplectic when John Edwards had a mistress.

Offline Hoover

« Reply #28 on: February 12, 2011, 08:19:17 am »
People are strange about sex. Who knows what is up with that?

Sex Scandal Might Bring Down John Boehner
http://open.salon.com/blog/rogershuler/2011/02/08/sex_scandal_might_bring_down_john_boehner

As Henry Kissinger said, "Power is the ultimate aphrodisiac!"
Men in power like sex and often have it..............
Infection date: March 16, 2010
20/05/10 - CD4 348  VL 58,000  Lymph nodes in jaw painful!  Antioxidants started.
01/06/10 - CD4 428  VL?
24/06/10 - CD4 578  VL 9,800
13/07/10 - CD4 620  VL?
04/09/10 - CD4 648  VL?
01/11/10 - CD4 710  VL?   CD8 972
16/12/10    CD4 738  VL?  CD8  896   
02/02/11    CD4 520 (month of parasites and new lab)
14/03/11 started Truvida and Sustiva (Efavirenz)
04/07/11 CD4 686 VL 75 CD8 588  41%
10/10/11 CD4 757  45%  VL UD

Offline hope_for_a_cure

« Reply #29 on: February 12, 2011, 08:23:41 am »
I find it interesting that some people have a blasé attitude regarding a politician having sex with women he meets on the Internet but went apoplectic when John Edwards had a mistress.

I hear ya!  That dude was packing some major sausage!  I saw a few photos of him that were leaked after his sex tape was made. 

Offline J.R.E.

« Reply #30 on: February 12, 2011, 08:47:39 am »

I would really like to see someone, dig up something on John Boner. I'm sure that would really make him the "weeper of the house"   ::)

Ray

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline denb45

« Reply #31 on: February 12, 2011, 09:34:06 am »

I would really like to see someone, dig up something on John Boner. I'm sure that would really make him the "weeper of the house"   ::)

Ray

Isn't he a big JESUS JUICE lover and a cry baby already, seem to be enough wouldn't you say  :D
"it's so nice to be insane, cause no-one ask you to explain" Helen Reddy cc 1974

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
« Reply #32 on: February 12, 2011, 07:53:37 pm »

Ray

If Boehner affair story turns out to be true somebody better post flood warnings downstream from his tear ducts.

LOL

*taken from StarkReports.com comments
POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,

Offline mecch

« Reply #33 on: February 13, 2011, 09:00:09 am »
Oh and just for the cherry - note the congressman is one of those lying deluded cruise site fucks - claimed to be 39 in his ad.  And divorced.  39. hahahahahahaha

When (we) guys are pathetic, we really are egotistical pathetic deluded hypocritical assholes. 

- sign me forever "39, looking for younger...."
« Last Edit: February 13, 2011, 09:01:43 am by mecch »

Offline fearless

« Reply #34 on: February 13, 2011, 07:58:13 pm »

My mother would be shocked to think that DIVORCE is now considered the old fashioned way!!! No divorce in her era, just suck it up and put up with it.
Be forgiving, be grateful, be optimistic

Offline denb45

« Reply #35 on: February 13, 2011, 08:21:25 pm »
My mother would be shocked to think that DIVORCE is now considered the old fashioned way!!! No divorce in her era, just suck it up and put up with it.

That's what my mother did ( sucked it up) until the day my father died @ 75, then see told me "now I'm free"
after 35 yrs. of sucking it up, but her joy was short lived, when she died 4 months later @ age 64

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #36 on: February 14, 2011, 06:15:15 pm »
People are strange about sex.

no worse than aging...

Offline AlanBama

• Alabama: the 'other' 3rd World Country!
« Reply #37 on: February 15, 2011, 12:35:13 pm »
My first thought was that he probably resigned so suddenly in order to stop attempts to "dig further".  My guess is that if he got caught by this one photo, there were probably quite a few others, somewhere.....

:o
"Remember my sentimental friend that a heart is not judged by how much you love, but by how much you are loved by others." - The Wizard of Oz

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.