Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 02:58:13 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772784
  • Total Topics: 66296
  • Online Today: 267
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 206
Total: 206

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: You guys are terrific  (Read 5023 times)

Offline Tim Horn

You guys are terrific
« on: August 19, 2006, 06:44:29 pm »
To ALL of the AMG participants (and those who love them) --

I just returned home, but wanted to fire off a quick note before shutting my computer and mind down for a good 24 hours. 

Undeniably, you are an absolutely amazing group of people.  It was a thrill to meet so many of you last night at Le Bourbon Hotel and to spend quality time getting to know some of you.  My only regret is not having the time -- nor the energy, coming out of an insanely busy week in Toronto -- to get to know all of you.

After so many years of working with AIDSmeds.com, to meet so many Forums newbies and veterans was one of the most fulfilling experiences I've ever had.  The fact of the matter is, your participation in the Forums only provides a tiny glimpse at the energy, sexiness, charisma, intelligence, compassion, and love each and every one of you possess. 

And I remain in awe at what you guys have accomplished with the gathering.  If I wasn't sure  that AIDSmeds.com had contributed something good and powerful to people living with this virus, I'm now absolutely sure of it.

The only person I'm going to single out here is Rocky.  The incredible role you have played in making the gathering happen absolutely cannot go unmentioned.  You should be incredibly proud of yourself and I have no doubt that everyone is incredibly appreciative of the time and effort you have put into making this a flawless and totally unifying experience for everyone. 

I'd also like to thank so many of you for making it to this morning's workshop after what was undoubtedly a big (and likely quite long) night reveling in Montreal's bacchanalia.  And I do apologize for the problems with the LCD projector -- you guys were attentive troopers every step of the way.  Thank you. 

Continue to enjoy yourselves -- and each other -- this weekend.  I'll look forward to seeing you guys back in the Forums once you've all returned safely to your respective homes. 

With thanks and admiration,

Tim Horn 

Offline RAB

• Joined March 2003
Re: You guys are terrific
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2006, 11:10:30 am »
Tim

Thank you so much for the kind words.

I know I speak for everyone here in Montreal when I say that meeting you, hearing your presentation following IAC in Toronto, and well just being in awe of how darn handsome you are, will be one of the best memories we all carry away from Montreal.

We are honored that both you and Andy were able to come a join us. 

I agree with you completely on what a terrific bunch of people these forums have brought together. 

THE REAL CREDIT for organizing and planning AMG 06 has got to go to all of the following:

Grants Committee--Jody, Trish, & Joe.  (voting) Gerry (non voting)

The Generous donors--Anonymous

OUR MONTREAL AMBASSADORS--Canuck and SAE.  Without their work on the ground there is no way we could have done any of this.  That is especially true for the hard work Canuck put into planning the Meet & Greet, and SAE's amazing efforts in our packets.  A HUGE THANKS TO BOTH OF THEM

Music cd/Commemorative DVD--Dingo.  I don't know where he got the idea for this, but the final product, isn't just touching it's absolutely fantastic!

Tim Horn's (Yep you mister) Presentation--Tim, Andy, and AIDSMeds.com  (Something wonderful about seeing that name up on the hotel announcements board in the lobby.)

Visit to Hope Chapel--What can be said about that moving and very important part of our gathering.  NO ONE, other that Jan and Alan could have made it so special.  Their efforts were HUGE.  And now, because of their hard work, our visit to Montreal, will forever be marked by the plaque we placed in the Chapel of Hope. 

Ric & Thom's Wedding--Their service was both moving and funny.  I doubt there was a person there who didn't roar with laughter when Ric misunderstood the word "honor" for "order'.  When he said to Thom "I order you. . . ", the look on Thom's face was priceless.  (You do what? )  It was an honor that they elected to allow us to be part of it.  And their generous contribution for the meet and greet appetizers was a perfect cap to their wedding.  Thanks guys. 

T-Shirt Design and Sales--KCMetro and Dan.  The design that John came up with says it all.  The efforts to order the shirts, collect the money, and get them to everyone was no small task.

Hotel Negotiations--Dennis.  Our hotel choice this year wasn't just a good one.  It was a perfect one.  And without Dennis' help, we'd never have gotten such a favorable rate.

Arrival & Departure Information and Coordination--Ric was like a mother hen keeping that list updated, making changes, printing it out so we all knew when the next special person would arrive. 

Media Outreach and Coordination--Andy and Joe worked quietly behind the scenes to bring this new aspect to AMG.  They had to maintain members confidentiality where necessary, while still trying to get the important story of this gathering out.  CBC has done a story.  I'm hoping to find the link and post it here for all to see.

Schedule of Events/Place Cards--Robert surprised us all with those beautifully produced cards which had the complete schedule printed on one side, along with art work and our names printed on the other to be used as place cards for the meet and greet.  It's a souvenir I know we will all keep for a long time.

As everyone can see, AMG 06 was truly a group effort.  Everyone contributed so much to making this gathering come together.  It was, I am sure for all of us, a labor of love.

In awe, but with respect and pride for what we have accomplished,

RAB   :)
« Last Edit: August 20, 2006, 11:16:33 am by RAB »

Offline kypozguy

• Kentucky Poz Guy
    • My group website
Thanks to all!
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2006, 05:02:53 pm »
Rocky said it all.   Thanks to you all for making it a wonderful weekend.  I have enjoyed meeting all of you and I will take home all these new friendships to carry online until we meet again.  Thank you for ALL the individuals that made this weekend possible.  Rocky your leadership was invaluable and we appreciate all your hard work organizing all the aspects of the weekend.  I am already looking forward to AMG 07 wherever it might be.

Safe travels home to everybody and see you online!

Cheers
Marc
See you at AMG 06--Montreal Quebec Canada--August 17 - 21, 2006

Diagnosed Oct 05, 1985

Organizer and Moderator of the Louisville Poz Buddies Social group in Louisville Kentucky USA.

Offline Trish

Re: You guys are terrific
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2006, 01:08:28 pm »
Hi Tim,

It was a pleasure to meet you -- I just wish we could have gotten a chance to speak more.  I know that you were pressed for time and probably exhausted from all your travels and the IAC, but meeting you in person was certainly worth it.

Also, I apologize that KC (John) and I missed your presentation as we had to go the hospital to take care of John's foot.  I heard the presentation was fantastic and I'm looking forward to reading a transcription of it from Moffie (who was kind enough to record the whole thing.)

Perhaps you'll be able to attend next year's gathering wherever it may be and we'll have some time to mingle then.

Till the next time, be well.

Love,

Trish :)
"People grow through experience if they meet life honestly and courageously. This is how character is buit."  Eleanor Roosevelt

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.