Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 05:49:31 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37614
  • Latest: bondann
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772950
  • Total Topics: 66311
  • Online Today: 741
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 426
Total: 426

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Radha108- Receptol  (Read 8570 times)

Offline ANGEL265

Radha108- Receptol
« on: February 28, 2010, 12:52:07 am »
hi all,
I was in quandarary whether to post this or no. In indian press , this news has come that a company called biomix network  has dveloped a drog called radha 108 to fight hiv , h1n1 virus. it acts as immune immodulator.Infact its chairman has claimed that the the result of phase 3 trial is subitted and it was sanctioned by deptt of science and technology , govt of india. Further this tied up with a company called Amul which is well known and respected name in India. The sit of company is biom.cc.The results are in documentation and presentation. The news had come in leading newspaper like business standard and times of india.

I  request for forum member,s opinion whether it is something relevant or just hoax.

Offline veritas

Re: Radha108- Receptol
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2010, 03:09:54 pm »

Angel,

Do you have a link?

v

Offline ANGEL265

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2010, 10:54:29 pm »
hi,
u can type biom.cc on google and see the result. Further the nam of chairman is pawan saharan. so it  would give the necessary information on the site of company in presentations n documentation.thats how i got to see it.

angel

Offline Cosmicdancer

« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2010, 11:25:53 pm »
Here's the link.  Perhaps someone from AIDSmeds has information about this drug.  The site doesn't mention what effect this drug has had on viral load, t-cell counts, etc... so in the absence of any data, it's hard to form an opinion about it.   

http://biom.cc/?q=node/2
Summer, 2007 - &$#@?
November, 2007 - Tested poz, 300,000 vl, 560 cd4
Feb, 2008 - 57,000 vl, 520 cd4, started Atripla
2/2008 - 5/2015 - undetectable on Atripla
May, 2015 - UD, switched to Complera
September, 2015 - UD, 980 cd4, switched to Stribild (Complera interacted with acid reflux medication)
January, 2016 - Stribild, UD, 950 cd4
June, 2016 - UD, 929 cd4

Offline ANGEL265

« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2010, 12:45:21 am »
It is there in patent and publication as well as in presentation and documentation under gsk presentation where entire data and analysis is given . Since Iam not an expert  so I can not interpret it.you can see he impact on viral load of his drug in the attachment.
Angel

Offline veritas

« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2010, 05:56:53 am »

The results of trials are mentioned in some of these pdfs:

http://biom.cc/?q=library

This nanotech therapy is unusual and promising. The medication is taken via a spray in the mouth swished for 60seconds and then swallowed. Viral load  and cd4 changes were significant according to the articles and the data presented. They state that the drug has been approved in India and approval in US to follow soon. However, I have not been able to find the clinical trial done in the US. I might not be using the correct search terms for this particular drug (Receptol). If anyone has any ideas, please post.

Angel, the drug sounds promising and I hope we hear more about it in the near future.

v

Offline ANGEL265

« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2010, 06:30:14 am »
Thanks V , lets hope for the best and wait. Meanwhile I will try to find out through mail or call their headquarter and if there is meaningful development, I will post here.howver I understand that Receptol is sold in U.S.A on standalone basis. I do not know . May be some members can throw some light on it.

Angel

Offline veritas

« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2010, 08:09:46 am »

Angel,

Your quote:" howver I understand that Receptol is sold in U.S.A on standalone basis"

Do you mean to say  that Receptol is already on the market here in USA under some other name?
I'm not following what you are saying. The article on the web sight claims they are still going for approval in the US.

I'll be interested to read what the co. has to say  when you contact them. I would also like to know if the virus can mutate against Receptol. Since the therapy is broad spectrum, I would guess the virus would have a hard time getting around this therapy.

v

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2010, 11:19:17 am »
There are some pretty HUGE claims being made regarding this Receptol.

http://www.business-standard.com/india/news/new-vaccine-may-help-cure-multiple-diseases/12/26/383771/

"Receptol is a recipe for all, covering 90 percent of diseases we encounter today. We plan to launch over 30 products over a period of five years, subject to necessary government approvals. These products will be specially designed by isolating the specific nano-peptides which are active in curing diseases like HIV/AIDS, hepatitis, tuberculosis, swine flu, bird flu, allergies, asthma, some forms of cancer and even neurological disorders like Parkinson’s and Alzheimer’s. This could be the next big thing after Penicillin,” Saharan told Business Standard."

In this link provided by Veritas the 2 documents dealing with Receptol seem to claim that VL goes to undectable after 180-360 days:

http://biom.cc/?q=library

Also, If you google Receptol there are a couple of Homeopathic type websites which have this product for sale for around $24.95 but they are all out-of-stock.

I dont know, call me skeptical, but it's hard to believe that a product made from Bovine Colostrum that you spray in your mouth a few times a day can result in the claims the company is making. I guess the proof is in the pudding. I'm curious about the Clinical Trials in the US.

For me, it doesn't pass the "smell test" but then again I know nothing about nano-peptides, etc..

Perhaps John can review the literature and give us his opinion.

-Will

POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,
2/4/13, CD4 - 489, UD, 28%

Current Meds: Prezista/Epzicom/ Norvir

Offline red_Dragon888

• Love and Be Love in Return
« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2010, 10:29:04 pm »
Sounds like Pandora's panacea, aka hope in a box. 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=I3ba3lnFHik

Off Crystal Meth since May 13, 2013.  In recovery with 20 months clean time.

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.