Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 06:14:52 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37635
  • Latest: Ranoye
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773156
  • Total Topics: 66328
  • Online Today: 248
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 207
Total: 208

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Amy Winehouse Report  (Read 7428 times)

Offline skeebo1969

Amy Winehouse Report
« on: August 23, 2011, 10:26:21 am »

Straight to the point

http://news.yahoo.com/amy-winehouse-spokesman-says-toxicology-tests-show-no-135738596.html

It's such a long article that some of you may have to come back and finish it later.
I despise the song Love is in the Air, you should too.

Offline mecch

• red pill? or blue pill?
Re: Amy Winehouse Report
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2011, 10:34:00 am »
What a bad deal, she tried to clean up and the stress killed her.

Speaking of, somehow I browsed the autopsy of Michael Jackson recently and that also said his lungs were inflamed but otherwise in reasonable health and no illegal drugs.    :-[

“From each, according to his ability; to each, according to his need” 1875 K Marx

Offline skeebo1969

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2011, 10:47:49 am »
Speaking of, somehow I browsed the autopsy of Michael Jackson recently and that also said his lungs were inflamed but otherwise in reasonable health and no illegal drugs.    :-[

My ex-wife from eons ago says whitey killed Michael because Obama got elected.   She told me this the other night while helping me pack.  I don't ever disagree when I need help, so I told her they also killed Ana Nicole for the same reason.   She said Ana Nicole was white, I agreed with this.

Offline Hellraiser

• Semi-misanthropic
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2011, 01:58:33 pm »
My ex-wife from eons ago says whitey killed Michael because Obama got elected.   She told me this the other night while helping me pack.  I don't ever disagree when I need help, so I told her they also killed Ana Nicole for the same reason.   She said Ana Nicole was white, I agreed with this.

Michael Jackson was white, right?

Offline Joe K

• Standard
  • 31 Years Poz
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2011, 06:09:12 pm »

Depends on which time frame you are referencing.   8)

Offline mecch

« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2011, 06:36:22 pm »
She never got to mature as an artist. Didn't put out much at all.  Wasn't a good live performer for years.  It's a pity.

I was also reading about the value of dead artists' estates.
http://www.forbes.com/2010/10/21/michael-jackson-elvis-presley-tolkien-business-entertainment-dead-celebs-10-intro.html

MJ was broke for years on verge of bankruptcy but the estate is really wealthy again.  Good for his kids.  Keeps the rest of the family in style cause only Janet has her own money I think. Amy's dad cut a album last year.  Kind of sad. 

This Winehouse report is what the family is willing to say. I wonder if its the truth?  If she died of an OD, would that matter for the estate?  I dunno.

The Curt Cobain estate still earns many millions a year.  By comparison.

I don't think there will be much of a musical legacy here.  Sadly.  I mean I liked her a lot but...  I think she became infamous more for her striking character and being a mess, than her one hit, though she was definitely a talent!

(Oh, no-talent Lisa Marie Presley is worth 300 million.  Her daughter is becoming an actress. Pretty and looks like grandpa. http://nymag.com/fashion/models/rkeough/rileykeough/)

In other news, MLK's children charged the foundation that built the National MLK Memorial that will open this week (?) a million bucks to use his words to raise money for the Memorial. Nice.

Meanwhile Frances Bean is now an adult, seems suddenly to be in every magazine and has got her 75 million. 

“From each, according to his ability; to each, according to his need” 1875 K Marx

Offline skeebo1969

« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2011, 07:54:35 pm »

No, he was Diana Ross. 

Offline Rev. Moon

• Smart ass faggot ©
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2011, 08:22:10 pm »
No, he was Diana Ross. 

Wrong, he was Latoya Jackson.  We last saw him on 'The Apprentice' along with Nene Leakes and Dionne Warwick. 
"I have tried hard--but life is difficult, and I am a very useless person. I can hardly be said to have an independent existence. I was just a screw or a cog in the great machine I called life, and when I dropped out of it I found I was of no use anywhere else."

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2011, 08:25:13 pm »

This has got to be the funniest shit I have read in awhile.
POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,
2/4/13, CD4 - 489, UD, 28%

Current Meds: Prezista/Epzicom/ Norvir

Offline Cliff

« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2011, 05:09:40 am »
Not sure of its importance.  The family says she was finally sober, the shambolic concert a few weeks before her death says otherwise.

Offline mecch

« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2011, 05:43:42 am »
She was such a mess, at that concert that all the promoters cancelled her dates for this summer.  She was due at a big one in Switzerland the day she died but it had already been cancelled for weeks.

One had the distinct impression that 2011 was a make or break year for her, with a lot of people pushing the touring, the new cd, kind of like what was happening to MJ when he died.  Everybody neeeded their pieces of her, it's called show BIZNESS.  

Family, entourages, producers, they do love their star and want him/her to get their shit together, become happier, or sober, become the artists they can be.  But they ALSO, sometimes, want the money honey and push these fragile messes too far.

Maybe Marianne Faithful did it her own way.  After her crash and burn professionally and with her addiction, if you believe her autobiography, she just sat on a wall in London, sun rain sleet year round, high and never sick and when it was her time, put it all back together and resumed her career.  THose lost years, nobody make a nickle off her I bet.

Offline Theyer

• Current ambition. Walk the Dog .
« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2011, 12:08:49 pm »
From what I understand this year's tour was put together to help her stay straight. I think it was a tragedy, even with a performance school education,a family connected to the arts all and sundry recognizing her natural Jazz talent ,it still ended this way So Sad..
"If we can find the money to kill people, we can find the money to help people ."  Tony Benn

Offline wolfter

« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2011, 12:20:48 pm »
Wrong, he was Latoya Jackson.  We last saw him on 'The Apprentice' along with Nene Leakes and Dionne Warwick. 

I love when Nene called Michael LaToya a ghost!
Being honest is not wronging others, continuing the dishonesty is.

Offline mecch

« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2011, 03:43:15 pm »
Latoya bugged me and even creeped me out in the 80s and 90s but lately she seems like a trooper. Also she's explained she was virtually captive and brainwashed for years in an abusive relationship, which explains the zombie she used to be.

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2011, 04:12:56 pm »
Latoya bugged me and even creeped me out in the 80s and 90s but lately she seems like a trooper. Also she's explained she was virtually captive and brainwashed for years in an abusive relationship, which explains the zombie she used to be.

I agree, for the longest time I thought she was the strangest of the family (yes even moreso than Tito), but I dig her now. I just wish we could see more of Janet somewhere, I think I could probably "do" her in this video...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BVvEYqmXkWo

POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,

Offline Rev. Moon

• Smart ass faggot ©
« Reply #15 on: August 24, 2011, 04:22:35 pm »
I just wish we could see more of Janet somewhere, I think I could probably "do" her in this video...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BVvEYqmXkWo

That silly nipplegate fiasco (well, American puritanical bullshit) ruined one of the best pop careers evah.

One of her finest and sexiest moments, IMO, was this one...

Any Time, Any Place
http://youtu.be/jnWPmk76PcU
"I have tried hard--but life is difficult, and I am a very useless person. I can hardly be said to have an independent existence. I was just a screw or a cog in the great machine I called life, and when I dropped out of it I found I was of no use anywhere else."

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2011, 04:34:40 pm »

One of her finest and sexiest moments, IMO, was this one...

Any Time, Any Place
http://youtu.be/jnWPmk76PcU

I have to confess the dreads dont do it for me in that video, but yes very sexy. I prefer the more frilly Janet such as this one...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H2KabvvLF7M  GORGEOUS! I think she was 40 when she did that vid? Drop dead gorgeous bod  ;D. although I think there was some talk about her abs being photoshopped?

Edited: no way she was 40, maybe it was 35?
« Last Edit: August 24, 2011, 04:40:29 pm by WillyWump »
POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,

Offline skeebo1969

« Reply #17 on: August 24, 2011, 04:45:49 pm »

I like her earlier work, the video The Pleasure Principle shows her baby fat.  You can literally see her ass from the front!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-0sjd8T6llo

Then she went all vegan I think and lost everything....

I was watching something on Biography about the Jackson 5 the other night.  Anyone notice Michael started acting weird and his appearace really changed after the flubbed Coke commercial where his hair caught on fire?

Perhaps this was the beginning of his dependency on prescription meds or something.

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
« Reply #18 on: August 24, 2011, 04:52:01 pm »

I like her earlier work, the video The Pleasure Principle shows her baby fat.  You can literally see her ass from the front!

Love "Pleasure Principle". Man, her and Michael really had the moves didnt they.
POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,

Offline Rev. Moon

• Smart ass faggot ©
« Reply #19 on: August 24, 2011, 04:59:15 pm »
I have to confess the dreads dont do it for me in that video, but yes very sexy. I prefer the more frilly Janet such as this one...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H2KabvvLF7M  GORGEOUS! I think she was 40 when she did that vid? Drop dead gorgeous bod  ;D. although I think there was some talk about her abs being photoshopped?

Edited: no way she was 40, maybe it was 35?

Yeah, she was 35.  That album was released in '01.  She wasn't photoshopped, you can see the same abs and figure in "All For You", "Someone To Call My Lover", and the lesser known "Son of a Gun".  

She also looked hot in the 1991 video for "Love Will Never Do (Without You)".  Errrrrthing about that clip was sexy: Janet herself, Antonio Sabato and Djimon Hounsou, all under the genius of the sorely missed Herb Ritts.  

http://youtu.be/4i9Mba9keHA

Skeebo, somehow I knew that you'd be more into the chunky Janet of the 'Control' era.  I loved "The Pleasure Principle" and, sad Latina teenage queen that I was back then, I used to try them chair moves without any success.  I like her every way.

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
« Reply #20 on: August 24, 2011, 05:31:27 pm »

She also looked hot in the 1991 video for "Love Will Never Do (Without You)".  Errrrrthing about that clip was sexy: Janet herself, Antonio Sabato and Djimon Hounsou, all under the genius of the sorely missed Herb Ritts.  

http://youtu.be/4i9Mba9keHA

oh HELL yes.
POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,

Offline Hellraiser

• Semi-misanthropic
« Reply #21 on: August 25, 2011, 01:09:58 pm »

Offline skeebo1969

« Reply #22 on: August 25, 2011, 01:29:50 pm »

Good Times Era....lol (biotch pleaze!)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AjLzzQJHhLc

Offline Basquo

« Reply #23 on: August 26, 2011, 12:14:45 am »

I was watching something on Biography about the Jackson 5 the other night.  Anyone notice Michael started acting weird and his appearace really changed after the flubbed Coke commercial where his hair caught on fire?

Perhaps this was the beginning of his dependency on prescription meds or something.

Pepsi

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.