Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 15, 2024, 11:54:35 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37634
  • Latest: Hope007
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773156
  • Total Topics: 66329
  • Online Today: 452
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 214
Total: 214

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: My Pride celebration  (Read 2452 times)

Offline woodshere

• ain't no shame in my game
My Pride celebration
« on: June 23, 2008, 10:03:55 am »
The first week of June I participated in AIDS LIFECYCLE as a Roadie.  Through that event I joined Pos Peds.  At the start they gave new members an "I'm Positive" t-shirt and hat.  I wore my shirt one evening and my hat several times.  It was no big deal.  Actually I was kind of proud to wear them and show others that it's ok to be poz and that you don't have to hide it.  Of course I was wearing these items in very supportive community of 3000 on a ride to raise money for AIDS/HIV, wearing something like that in Louisville KY would be a completely different story.

Fast forward to Louisville Pride this past weekend.  Friday evening I was in a hurry threw on a t-shirt only to realize that it was my "I'm Positive" shirt.  So I took it off and wore a regular t-shirt from the event.  My friends and I had a little chuckle about my almost mishap.  Once we got there I started thinking that maybe I should have worn my "I'm Positive" shirt, so on Saturday evening I did.  Not sure who knew what it meant.  As a matter of fact the only person that said anything was Eric Himan, one of the performers.  We were chatting after his set and he said "Cool shirt".  Who saw it and figured out what it meant really doesn't matter.  The the most important thing is that I took another step on my HIV journey.  I guess it was my way of celebrating PRIDE.

Woods

PS  If you have never heard Eric Himan, check him out:  www.erichiman.com
He has a cool sound and Protest Song is great!
"Let us give pubicity to HV/AIDS and not hide it..." "One of the things destroying people with AIDS is the stigma we attach to it."   Nelson Mandela

Offline pozattitude

• Enjoy
    • to find out more about me....
Re: My Pride celebration
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2008, 11:09:16 am »
Congratulations Woods,

I know how you feel after being in the company of 3000 supporters of the Pos Peds, and the great thing is that this feeling of being "liberated and proud" stays with you and it reflects in your everyday life.   Of course being in San Francisco makes even easier to show your "POZ Pride" and I have to commend you on wearing your "I'm Positive" T-shirt  in KY.
I am looking forward to this coming weekend when I will ride my bike again at the SF Pride wearing my I'm HIV Positive jersey. 
Keep this feeling going, it has changed my life for the best.  It is such an amazing feeling to be able to honestly say " I am not ashamed ".

Rich
POSITIVE PEDALERS... We are a group of people living with HIV/AIDS, eliminating stigma through our positive public example.

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2008, 11:58:46 am »
Proud of you Woodles.

Offline Miss Philicia

• celebrity poster, faker & poser
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2008, 12:48:33 pm »
Lovely thread woods! 
"I’ve slept with enough men to know that I’m not gay"

Offline aztecan

• 36 years positive, 64 years a pain in the butt
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2008, 04:20:24 pm »
All Right Woods!!!!

I think its fantastic! ;D

HUGS,

Mark
"May your life preach more loudly than your lips."
~ William Ellery Channing (Unitarian Minister)

Offline sharkdiver

« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2008, 05:26:33 pm »
Awesome!

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.