Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 06:48:57 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37651
  • Latest: Toropi_
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773280
  • Total Topics: 66347
  • Online Today: 354
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 278
Total: 278

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Every thought you think ...  (Read 6463 times)

Offline DanielMark

Every thought you think ...
« on: January 13, 2007, 02:23:00 pm »
And when you are tempted to judge
may you be reminded that we are all ONE
and that every thought you think reverberates across the universe,
touching everyone and everything.

I believe feelings come from our thoughts, and to keep good emotional health and balance I try to feed my mind with uplifting and positive thoughts.

If you agree, then check this out:

http://www.mayyoubeblessedmovie.com/

If you don't, then you won't get anything out of this thread.

Daniel
MEDS: REYATAZ & KIVEXA (SINCE AUG 2008)

MAY 2000 LAB RESULTS: CD4 678
VL STILL UNDETECTABLE

DIAGNOSED IN 1988

Offline koi1

Re: Every thought you think ...
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2007, 03:41:30 pm »
I truly agree with you. I don't believe in God. But I believe in people's good thoughts and wishes. The great thing about here is that we can benefit from both, getting support and giving it to those who still have to travel where we have already been.

rob
diagnosed on 11/20/06 viral load 23,000  cd4 97    8%
01/04/07 six weeks after diagnosis vl 53,000 cd4 cd4 70    6%
Began sustiva truvada 01/04/07
newest labs  drawn on 01/15/07  vl 1,100    cd4 119    7%
Drawn 02/10/07
cd4=160 viral load= 131 percentage= 8%
New labs 3/10/07 (two months on sustiva truvada
cd4 count 292  percentage 14 viral load undetectable

Offline DanielMark

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2007, 04:27:01 pm »
That's cool Rob. As I was taught about such things, just take what you need and leave the rest.

Daniel

VL STILL UNDETECTABLE

DIAGNOSED IN 1988

Offline rick21007

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2007, 04:48:48 pm »
Right on guys!   my two cents:  in my own experience our destiny is conceived first in our thought-life and our thought-life transcends time and space in it's interaction with the universe.  At least that's how I interpret my daily experience.  Judging others always assumes omniscience on our part too.  Well that's three cents.

Best, Rick

Offline bear60

« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2007, 06:11:53 pm »
My 2 cents:  we should all strive to leave this or any other place we inhabit a better place for our having been here.
Poz Bear Type in Philadelphia

Offline marco23

« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2007, 06:25:43 pm »
Daniel,
that was absolutely beautiful...it was heartwarming and inspiring..thank you so much for sharing!
Don't hide your hurt, pain and feelings inside..for they will harden your heart.

Offline DanielMark

« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2007, 06:31:20 pm »
Along the same lines of each person's thoughts and actions affecting others, there's this idea:

PAY IT FORWARD
http://www.payitforwardmovement.com/

"The purpose of the Pay It Forward Movement website is to bring together, in one place, as many real stories as we can. This serves several purposes. It helps the cynics see that Pay It Forward really is working, not just around the United States but around the world. It brings much-deserved recognition to those doing the work, and puts the results of their efforts out in the open so others can be inspired. It's also a source of some good news for a change, a way to renew your faith in human nature.

Bear in mind that I only know the Pay It Forward stories that someone took the time to report. I'm guessing that's somewhere in the neighborhood of one in a hundred spontaneous acts of kindness. What you see on this site is barely the tip of an iceberg."

Daniel

VL STILL UNDETECTABLE

DIAGNOSED IN 1988

Offline Strayboy74

• tastes like chicken
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2007, 09:24:14 pm »
If you don't, then you won't get anything out of this thread.

watch WHAT THE BLEEP DO WE KNOW? it talks about quantum theory, and the power of thoughts.

-joseph

Offline sweetasmeli

• Love what you are...
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2007, 07:55:07 am »
Pat It Forward is one of my fave  films. I'm checking out the website links as I type...

Another thought provoking thread Daniel. Good on ya!

Melia :)
/\___/\       /\__/\
(=' . '=)    (=' . '=)
(,,,_ ,,,)/   (,,,_ ,,,)/ Cats rule!

The difference between cats and dogs is that dogs come when called, whereas cats take a message and get back to you.

Yeia kai hara (health and happiness) to everyone!

Offline DanielMark

« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2007, 09:01:42 am »
Thanks Melia,

I've never seen that film myself, but I fully support the concept.

Daniel

VL STILL UNDETECTABLE

DIAGNOSED IN 1988

Offline mrtallguy

« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2007, 09:25:37 am »
HEY DANIEL....

THANK YOU FOR THE GIFTS!  BOTH YOUR PRESENCE AND THE LINK!

HAVE A GREAT DAY!

BE WELL...

CRAIG
I AM DETERMINED TO SEE THINGS DIFFERENTLY!
--ACIM

Offline DanielMark

« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2007, 12:13:15 pm »
Aw shucks Craig, what a sweet thing to say. You're getting me all farklempt. :D

Daniel

VL STILL UNDETECTABLE

DIAGNOSED IN 1988

Offline Eldon

« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2007, 07:53:46 pm »
Confirmed. I also agree.

Offline mrtallguy

« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2007, 09:30:09 pm »
Farklempt??  Hope that is a good thing!! :)
--ACIM

Offline DanielMark

« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2007, 02:27:39 am »
It definitely is Craig,

Farklempt is a Yiddish expression meaning "choked up." It was often used on Saturday Night Live by Mike Myers as Linda Linda Richman in the Coffee Talk segments.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sE2p7jrUYJk

Daniel

VL STILL UNDETECTABLE

DIAGNOSED IN 1988

Offline ndrew

• ....-.-.-.-.-.....
« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2007, 03:35:17 am »
Hi Daniel,

I reread your post tonight...

"And when you are tempted to judge
may you be reminded that we are all ONE
and that every thought you think reverberates across the universe,
touching everyone and everything.

I believe feelings come from our thoughts, and to keep good emotional health and balance I try to feed my mind with uplifting and positive thoughts."

I find it fascinating to think about this "tempted to judge," it sounds so biblical, do I know what you are meaning?  Do you mean the kind of judgement that closes one off from others, the kind of judgement from ego?  The "I am better than you" kind of judgement?

I find the comment of every though you think reverberating across the universe quite nice.  When sound waves travel from a vibrating source, they spread out in three dimensions, they are reflected and absorbed by the surfaces they come into contact with (try clapping your hands in different rooms).

Drew

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2007, 08:12:22 am »
I've been doing the "pay it forward" thing for years without ever realising there was an "official" concept by this name or a movie about it. I never had a name for it, I just did/do it.

I cast my mind back after reading this thread to see if I could discover when and why I started doing it. I remembered a woman called Louise who helped me through some very troubled teenage years. She was an ordinary wife and mother who lived across the road from my family, with two daughters younger than me.

The main thing Louise did for me was to listen without judgement and offer a brief respite from the chaos at home. One time when I was a young adult, I went to see her on a rare visit home. Over coffee in her comfortingly familiar kitchen, I told her I felt I owed her so much, much more than a simple "thank you" could ever repay. She said, "The best thanks you can give me is to go through your life helping other people when you have the opportunity."

I've been thanking Louise for 25 years now and repeating her words to people who thank me. I've even done it in these forums. Over in the Am I forum sometimes when people thank us, I tell them the best thanks they can give us is to educate their friends and family about hiv, to pass on what they've learned here. Sometimes people want to send donations to the site, but as we no longer accept donations, I ask them to give a donation to their local ASO. I think this would qualify as "paying it forward" too.

I've been paying it forward all these years without ever consciously realising it was Louise who got me started. Thank you Daniel, for starting this thread and making me stop and think - which lead me to remember a loving and wise woman who was a beacon of light during some very dark days.

Hugs,
Ann
xxx

edited to change 35 years to 25 years. I slipped an extra decade in there somehow! ::)
« Last Edit: January 15, 2007, 07:55:23 pm by Ann »
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline DanielMark

« Reply #17 on: January 15, 2007, 10:16:28 am »
Hi Drew,

The best way I can answer is to say that I find it important to use judgement every day in the sense of discerning what is healthy or not, and what I want in my life and don’t. When that comes to other people, it’s a sad reality but there are folks in this world who will drain the very life out of you and take advantage at every turn if you let them. There are a lot of overly needy people in the world.

I consider it my responsibility to be vigilant to keep darkness out of my life whenever possible, if only at the level of maintaining my health. That’s not to say I feel greater or lesser than my fellow beings or that it’s my place to condemn anyone. It’s not. It’s just self care and common sense to be responsible not to get dragged down by anyone else’s baggage. That helps no one.

You may have heard the old native Indian saying,

"Never judge a man till you've walked a mile in his moccasins." I would say that’s the type of “judgement” that the video meant.

Ann,

Like you, I discovered the meaning of paying it forward long before I knew it was a movement too. Now when I meet others who have struggles, I am more apt to offer help if I can, without any thought or expectation of personal gain. But again, I’m careful who that is. If I see someone trying to help themselves, I’m more likely to get involved. Otherwise, I keep my distance.

I met a woman way back in the early 1980s at one of the lowest points in my life, back then I had a lot of trouble with deep depression and a lack of self worth. Through her actions and love I was able to see in time that I was more than the image I’d built of myself through a poor upbringing and subsequent bad choices. I saw that not everyone would consider me substandard for being Gay. I learned the meaning of giving through volunteering without any expectation. I also learned to live and let live.

Still, I went through some dark years of alcohol and drug abuse, but she never gave up on me. Today Danielle is one of my best friends and someone I’d call a blessing in my life.

Daniel

VL STILL UNDETECTABLE

DIAGNOSED IN 1988

Offline mrtallguy

« Reply #18 on: January 15, 2007, 10:20:47 pm »
GREAT THREAD DANIEL!
NOW I AM FEELING A BIT FARKLEMPT!  THE SHARING HERE HELPS US ALL EVOLVE AND WHEN I READ THE POSTINGS ON A THREAD SUCH AS THIS I REALIZE THAT I AM EVOLVING FASTER THAN I THOUGHT POSSIBLE.  AND I AM SO GREATFUL!

"THANK YOU" TO THOSE WHO CONTRIBUTE GREAT LIFE STORIES AND GREAT TRUTHS!

BE WELL!!

CRAIG
--ACIM

Offline ndrew

• ....-.-.-.-.-.....
« Reply #19 on: January 15, 2007, 11:54:53 pm »
Hello again,

So good to hear these stories Ann and Daniel, very heartwarming.  I like to think that I was born dependent and full of need.  As I grow older, I give more of myself until I am independent and full of giving.

I remember the kindness paid to me in life by teachers and mentors.  I get this "pay it forward," its like cultivating a flow of egoless giving, a circuit of good stuff.

My mother was in an organization, called La Leche League, that supported, "the motherly art of breastfeeding."  I remember, as a youngster, all of these mothers and babies meeting and how supportive and nurturing it was.  And all the healthy snacks.  I think that is partly why I like participating in this forum, because we do the same thing, hang here and share recipes for healthy, whole living.

Drew

Offline DanielMark

« Reply #20 on: January 16, 2007, 05:58:07 am »
Craig,

Just a few things I'm still learning about living. (I'm a slow learner, what can I say?)

Sharing your insides helps others share theirs.

You're not nearly as important as you think you are.

What other people think of you isn't nearly as important as what you think of yourself.

People are like snowflakes, all different, yet all the same.

Nobody’s perfect.

Take what you need for yourself, but leave something behind for the other guy.

Standing up for your beliefs is better than sitting down in comfort with somebody else's.

Walk away once in awhile, so you always have the energy to come back.

Nobody is better than you, but neither is anybody worse.

Yesterday's successes or failures don't matter much today.

Laugh and laugh again, especially at yourself.

“You cannot control what happens to you, but you can control your attitude toward what happens to you, and in that, you will be mastering change rather than allowing it to master you.”
B. Tracy

“Your living is determined not so much by what life brings to you as by the attitude you bring to life; not so much by what happens to you as by the way your mind looks at what happens.”
Kahlil Gibran

“Successful people are always looking for opportunities to help others. Unsuccessful people are always asking, 'What's in it for me?'”
B. Tracy

Daniel

VL STILL UNDETECTABLE

DIAGNOSED IN 1988

Offline mrtallguy

« Reply #21 on: January 16, 2007, 06:13:41 pm »
THANK YOU FOR YOUR SHARING DANIEL!

I AM NOT THE KIND OF PERSON WHO PLASTERS THEIR REFRIGERATOR WITH ALOT OF STUFF BUT I HAVE ALWAYS KEPT THESE WORDS...

TRUTH
Truth is what the spritual quest is all about.
Telling the Truth to ourselves frees us from
our self-imposed limitations.  When you face
the Truth of a problem in your life, you can
do something about it.  Truth liberates, heals
and transforms.  Resolve, therefore, to take
that which is hidden in darkness and shine
upon it the light of Truth.

-- Douglas Bloch, I Am With You Always
« Last Edit: January 16, 2007, 06:15:15 pm by mrtallguy »
--ACIM

Offline DanielMark

« Reply #22 on: January 17, 2007, 03:53:22 am »
That's excellent, thank you!

I learned many years ago that "Telling the Truth to ourselves frees us from our self-imposed limitations.  When you face the Truth of a problem in your life, you can do something about it." It has served me well since, especially living with HIV. The waiting to dies was over and I could get on with living.

Daniel

VL STILL UNDETECTABLE

DIAGNOSED IN 1988

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.