Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 03:00:00 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772946
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 424
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 358
Total: 359

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: Please help I am worried  (Read 10468 times)

Offline mnd9762

• Standard
Please help I am worried
« on: February 14, 2014, 08:26:44 am »
Hi ,

I am quite depressed and could not sleep or eat over week  I have been to night bars in Hong Kong on Feb 8. Following things happened-
1.The strippers there performed lap dance on me
2.During lap dance they sucked my nipple for 1-2 minutes. There are small pimples around  my  nipples. I am not sure if while sucking my pimples  were touched and came in contact with their mouth. To best of my knowledge I did not notice any blood on nipples, but pimples  were  reddish. If those women had blood in mouth or bleeding gums, can that blood get on pimples and cause infection. I am quite scared and would like to know  if I  will be infected  with HIV

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
Re: Please help I am worried
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2014, 08:34:07 am »
The concerns you outlined carry zero risk for HIV transmission . The risk factors for sexually transmitting HIV are from unprotected anal and vaginal sex .

Here's what you need to know in order to avoid hiv infection:

You need to be using condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, every time, no exceptions until such time as you are in a securely monogamous relationship where you have both tested for ALL sexually transmitted infections together.

To agree to have unprotected intercourse is to consent to the possibility of being infected with an STI. Sex without a condom lasts only a matter of minutes, but hiv is forever.

Have a look through the condom and lube links in my signature line so you can use condoms with confidence.

Although you did not have a risk and do not need to test for this specific incident , anyone who is sexually active should be having a full sexual health care check-up, including but not limited to hiv testing, at least once a year and more often if unprotected intercourse occurs.

If you aren't already having regular, routine check-ups, now is the time to start. As long as you make sure condoms are being used for intercourse, you can fully expect your routine hiv tests to return with negative results.

Don't forget to always get checked for all the other sexually transmitted infections as well, because they are MUCH easier to transmit than hiv. Some of the other STIs can be present with no obvious symptoms, so the only way to know for sure is to test.

Use condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, correctly and consistently, and you will avoid hiv infection. It really is that simple!
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
You can read more about Transmission and Risks here:
HIV Transmission and Risks
You can read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
You can read more about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read more about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
You can read more about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

Offline mnd9762

• Standard
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2014, 08:40:31 am »
Dear Jeff

Thanks for your response, I have been only in  relationship with wife ..no body else.
This was stupid thing I did under influence of alcohol. I will take test after 3 months.

But was really worried about pimple issue. I am just wondering-is it not possible that blood can get in contact with pimples thereby causing infection. This may be stupid question ..please help

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2014, 08:43:07 am »
Dear Jeff

Thanks for your response, I have been only in  relationship with wife ..no body else.
This was stupid thing I did under influence of alcohol. I will take test after 3 months.

But was really worried about pimple issue. I am just wondering-is it not possible that blood can get in contact with pimples thereby causing infection. This may be stupid question ..please help

You are worrying over nothing . No one in the history of HIV has ever been infected in the manner you are concerned with and you will not be the first .

You do not need to test or worry over this incident but if you must you can look forward to a negative result ... It was not a risk .
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Offline mnd9762

• Standard
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2014, 08:45:57 am »
Dear Jeff

Thanks for your assurance and kind words

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2014, 08:51:12 am »
You are welcome .
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Offline mnd9762

• Standard
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2014, 06:46:05 am »
Dear Jeff

I had terrible last 4 weeks, was not able to get paid  subscription and get in touch with you . I am scared to death and wanted to provide  more information to you to get advice
1. When I mentioned strippers sucked my nipples, they sucked bare nipples.
2.Wished to know what is risk if one of the pimples is open(popped off) and came in contact with their mouth or was sucked in process .
3When  my bare nipple was being sucked, it was inside mouth only of a stripper, does it not mean that at that time the hiv was still with host and it can pass through open pimple around nipple.
4. 3 days after exposure, I contacted my GP, who checked me   and got HIV1 & 2 Ag/Ab(by CMIA) and STD test done. Results were negative. He also informed me that there is no possibility of HIV infection in such way.
5. I had kind of sore throat for 4-5 days, got scared and contacted one GP on line forum and got following reply
      HIV is not normally transmitted through saliva. Transmission of HIV virus from one individual to other individual is possible when saliva is mixed with blood. If there is a minor breach in your pimple, if the women who have performed the act of sucking had blood in her mouth can transmit HIV to you, if she is HIV positive.
If your pimple is opened the chance of getting HIV infection will be more, but once again it depends upon the amount of viral load in the HIV infected individual.
6 I was scared with this response. Got further feedback from on line GP that if pimples are small and there  are no open lesion in the pimple, there is no risk for transmission.
7. I recall that there was no pop off or liquid coming out of pimple.

I am really scared now. Please help me reading this long mail and providing your opinion

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2014, 07:20:04 am »
You never had an exposure and you were told multiple times in another forum that you never had an exposure.

Offline mnd9762

• Standard
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2014, 07:27:15 am »
Dear  Rapid Rod

Thanks for your feedback. I am kind of depressed with current situation and hence wanted to provide more information obtained from last post here in this forum to get feedback. What I am worried is about comments from GP on one online forum which I mentioned here.

Apologies if I have caused any trouble.

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2014, 07:38:56 am »
Dear  Rapid Rod

Thanks for your feedback. I am kind of depressed with current situation and hence wanted to provide more information obtained from last post here in this forum to get feedback. What I am worried is about comments from GP on one online forum which I mentioned here.

Apologies if I have caused any trouble.

■Anyone who continues to post excessively, questioning a conclusive negative result,  or no-risk situation will be subject to a four week Time Out (a temporary ban from the Forums). If you continue to post excessively after one Time Out, you may be given a second Time Out which will last eight weeks. There is no third Time Out - it is a permanent ban. The purpose of a Time Out is to encourage you to seek the face-to-face help we cannot provide on this forum.

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2014, 08:45:52 am »
The risk factors for sexually transmitting HIV are from unprotected anal and vaginal sex .
You are worrying over nothing . No one in the history of HIV has ever been infected in the manner you are concerned with and you will not be the first .

You do not need to test or worry over this incident but if you must you can look forward to a negative result ... It was not a risk .

I did read your concern carefully the first time and you did not add a single thing that changes the assessment . I am very sorry to hear you wasted your hard earned money to ask the same question again because there is nothing more to add really .

The only thing left to say is that if you cant accept you did not have a risk then you need to seek therapy for your health phobia surrounding HIV, we cant help you with that and as Rod pointed out we can not and will not go any more rounds trying to convince you to accept our assessment that there was no way in hell you were infected with HIV in this situation ... it did not happen . 
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Offline mnd9762

• Standard
« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2014, 08:29:04 am »
Dear Jeff

I have seen my doctor and started taking therapy on anxiety(phobia) you have indicated. I know you are very busy and I am asking silly/stupid  questions but for last 5-6 days , I still have this cough and tonsil problem feeling  in morning and weakness  in evening. Are these not symptoms of infection?

I am confused and almost given up now.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2014, 08:33:43 am »
mnd,

How could you possibly be experiencing symptoms of hiv infection when you DID NOT HAVE A RISK FOR HIV INFECTION?

If you feel unwell, see your doctor. Whatever is going on has nothing to do with a virus for which you were not at risk.

I'm giving you that time out you were warned about. Do not attempt to create a new account to get around your time out because if you do, you will be permanently banned.

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline mnd9762

• Standard
« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2014, 07:19:08 am »
Dear All

I just wished to inform that I underwent test  at 66 the day(from exposure) for Hiv1/2 Ag/Ab (by CMIA) and results were negative. However seems I will continue to live with my anxiety and depression till test at 90 days is not conducted

Thanks for help provided by this forum

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2014, 08:41:27 am »
Let's hope your inevitable negative result again will put your unwarranted fears to rest.

If that negative result doesn't accomplish that, then get yourself some professonal help. We can't provide that in this setting and there's nothing more we can do for you here.

HIV is not your problem. Get on with your life.
Andy Velez

Offline mnd9762

• Standard
« Reply #15 on: May 01, 2014, 01:51:47 am »
Hi Andy

Thanks for reponse. Is this test at 66 day enough to quell my fears. I understand  that any test  conclusive only at 90 days. All experts inform me that there is no risk but my mind is not at peace.I try to clam my self but it keeps coming again and again.For example I am having clode now for last 2 days and I have started again started worrying

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #16 on: May 01, 2014, 04:16:57 am »
mnd,

You are already conclusively hiv negative because you were NOT in a window period to begin with. People are only in a testing window period when they have had a risk.

YOU HAVE NOT HAD A RISK FOR HIV INFECTION.

As Andy suggested:

Let's hope your inevitable negative result again will put your unwarranted fears to rest.

If that negative result doesn't accomplish that, then get yourself some professonal help. We can't provide that in this setting and there's nothing more we can do for you here.

HIV is not your problem. Get on with your life.

You did NOT have a risk for hiv infection and you are conclusively hiv negative.

If you keep posting about this NO RISK, CONCLUSIVE NEGATIVE situation, you will be given another time out. A second time out will last for 56 days. PLEASE CONSIDER YOURSELF WARNED!!!

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline mnd9762

• Standard
« Reply #17 on: May 17, 2014, 08:24:23 am »
Dear Ann, Andy, Rapid Rod & Jeff

I did test - Hiv1/2 Ag/Ab (by CMIA) at 95 days and result was negative.

I am thankful to all of you for your advice and patience. I would like to donate some amount to POZ.  Please let me know how can I do it.

Thanks again

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18 on: May 17, 2014, 08:36:13 am »
MND, your negative result is good but not unexpected news. Hopefully now you will let go of this unwarranted concern and get on with your life.

Thanks for wanting to make a donation. You can send it to AIDSMEDS.com 462 7th Avenue, 17th floor, NY NY 10018

Good luck to you.
Andy Velez

Offline mnd9762

• Standard
« Reply #19 on: July 16, 2014, 08:33:54 am »

Hi Jeff

This  question is not related to exposure I had in past where you and every one on forum supported/advised me. But query is different.

Why  saliva listed as a fluid that cannot transmit HIV when there are documented cases, and some studies  show some people as secreting saliva with high viral loads?

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21453452

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11332524

I got to see this  question on another known web site . Is this correct? Please help understand. The studies are similar to my exposure hence I wanted to check with experts

Thanks

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #20 on: July 16, 2014, 08:51:45 am »
You really are getting off on a bad foot here . Please do not start a new thread every time you have another question or thought - regardless if you think your questions are related to each other or not. It helps us to help you when you keep all your thoughts or questions in one thread and it helps other readers to follow the discussion. Additional threads will be merged. If you cannot find your thread, click on the "Show own posts" link in the left-hand column of any forum page, under your name.

You are dangerously close to a 56 day time out Ann warned you about . Your newest post is nothing more than a continuation of original fear that has been addressed already and we are not here to be a party to or enable your HIV phobia so address any other questions you may have with your psychiatrist ... we cant help you .

I giving you one more opportunity ... If you ask one more question in this thread you will be given a 56 day time out ... no exceptions . I do not like giving time outs to people who just bought a subscription so I'm giving you the chance to abide by the forum rules one more time before doing so .

Your questions have been addressed and we cant do anything more for you .
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Offline mnd9762

• Standard
« Reply #21 on: September 21, 2014, 11:11:03 am »
Sorry Jeff, I posted on wrong thread instead of posting on my previous thread

Dear Jeff

I am really sorry to come back to you with another stupid behavior on my part. With friends, I visited strip bar 19 Sept. I again got a lap dance. During lap dance there was dry humping for 5 minutes.
I was fully clothed and wore jeans. The woman who provided lap dance was in underwear but bare breasts. After 5 minutes I ejaculated in my underwear. There were no strains on my pant. The woman did not have any visible lesions on her body. I  would like to know if there is any possibility of HIV infection and other STDs(including Herpes).There was no kissing, oral sex or any penetration during this time. 

I am ashamed to come to you with these queries again and again

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #22 on: September 21, 2014, 11:31:25 am »
Read your thread again ... your questions have all been answered many time over .
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Offline mnd9762

• Standard
« Reply #23 on: September 21, 2014, 11:35:02 am »
Hi Jeff

I am sorry to bother you and I am aware that I am being paranoid. I know humping is not a transmission route. Wanted to seek your opinion/help

Offline mnd9762

• Standard
« Reply #24 on: September 21, 2014, 01:14:55 pm »
Hi Jeff

Any advice for me please

Offline Joe K

• Standard
  • 31 Years Poz
« Reply #25 on: September 21, 2014, 01:22:30 pm »
Hi Jeff

Any advice for me please

Read through your thread again.  All your questions have been answered. YOU NEVER HAD A RISK.

Joe

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #26 on: September 21, 2014, 01:30:09 pm »
Yes ... get some help with your HIV phobia, we cant help with that . I also want to remind you ...
mnd,

You are already conclusively hiv negative because you were NOT in a window period to begin with. People are only in a testing window period when they have had a risk.

YOU HAVE NOT HAD A RISK FOR HIV INFECTION.

As Andy suggested:

You did NOT have a risk for hiv infection and you are conclusively hiv negative.

If you keep posting about this NO RISK, CONCLUSIVE NEGATIVE situation, you will be given another time out. A second time out will last for 56 days. PLEASE CONSIDER YOURSELF WARNED!!!

Ann

Yes ... get some help with your HIV phobia, we cant help with that . I also want to remind you that you have already been given a time out so do not make me follow through with another . You know my answer ... you did not have a risk for HIV and its not going to change . 
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Offline mnd9762

• Standard
« Reply #27 on: September 21, 2014, 01:39:56 pm »
Hi Jeff

I am aware about your advices in past as mentioned in thread. I am requesting about incident that happened recently i.e. on 19 Sept

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #28 on: September 21, 2014, 02:11:37 pm »
You know my answer ... you did not have a risk for HIV and its not going to change . 
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.