Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:23:40 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772947
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 441
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 355
Total: 356

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: ~  (Read 8638 times)

Offline Eldon

~
« on: December 01, 2006, 03:06:58 am »
Hi, my name is Eldon. I am a 38 year old single male and I have been HIV positive for (16) sixteen years. I am a current resident of Florida the Sunshine State.

MY PERSONALITY

My outgoing nature, understanding of others, and directness makes me ENCOURAGING. I want to help others to do well for themselves, and I generally believe in their abilities. When I care about someone, I don't keep it to myself: I am good at letting people know that I am thinking of them. Because I trust people, I take violations of that trust very seriously.

I also thrive in social situations, and even though I know who I like and who I don't like, I can interact well with many different types of people. I DO have a healthy respect for people who have earned what they have, and I also strive to be similar to successful others.

"I am a LOYAL friend and a GOOD listener". I'm well-attuned to my emotional state, and not afraid to let my conscious be my guide. I DO tend to be cooperative, rarely contradicting others, and always considerate of others feelings.

MY EDUCATION

Criminal Justice, Pre-Law, Human Behavior, Property Management and Appraisal, Programming in C+, Programming in Fox Pro, Information Technology, Security Services, Word Processing, Accounting, Collections, Business Management.

MY WORK EXPERIENCE

Broiler Chef, Stock Clerk, Inventory Clerk, Word Processor, Defined Contributions Management, Construction Superintendent, Project Management, Accounting, Collections, Corrections Officer, Security Officer, Sales Management, Human Resources Manager, Information Technology, International and Domestic Insurance, Legal Services, Mortgages, Real Estate, Field Sales Consultant and Health Information Services.

MY SELF-EMPLOYMENT

Information Technology, Legal Services, and Supplemental Health Insurance.

MY HOBBIES

Music, Movies, and Travel

MAJOR TRAVEL DESTINATIONS

Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Miami, Orlando, Jacksonville, Tallahassee, Atlanta, Chicago, Phoenix, Los Angeles, Las Vegas, Texas, Denver, Portland, Massachusetts, Virginia, South Carolina, Washington D.C., Vancouver, BC. I was born and raised in Miami, Florida.

WHEN I BECAME HIV POSITIVE

It had come to my “awareness” in August of 1990 (16 years ago) that I was tested for HIV and I was positive. How this was found out was through a routine blood test that was administered by Blue Cross/Blue Shield. I was told the news in the parking lot of my job! On top of that, it was at lunch time! Following the breaking news, left in a state-of-shock which had altered my state-of-mind, I had to go back into the office on the 8th floor and face all of my co-workers and my bosses to finish working the remainder of the day.

Do you want to talk about tough? That was tough. I am thankful to the Great Divine, Yes God. That I was able to reach within me and find my inner strength and my inner courage to make it through the day. It was tough to keep a smile on my face and a positive attitude when I had this automatic inner anxiety which was triggered by the external anxiety of being infected with HIV/AIDS.

With my initial experience or “awareness” of becoming infected with HIV. I took me a moment to get-a-grip on what was going on in my highly successful life. To comfort and re-assure my strength within, I immediately disclosed to my parents, brothers, and my sisters. I also share with you that it has helped me tremendously with my current support system.

Inside of me I knew that this was an incurable virus. I had to accept that first. I did. Then I understood what could or could not be as a result of this. Then, I communicated it with my family, some friends and my Doctor. I did not go on anti-virals immediately, I just started meds this year of 2006. Through it all I have never gotten sick. Yes, I am very thankful. After the initial shock as I was at the crossroads in my life, I had made the choice to take a hold of my life and to continue on with my life. During the interim, I spent a great deal at the Gym with Free Weights, Jogging and Aerobics. Also at the time I had my beloved that was there with me as we cared for and supported each other.

I continued to live my life as I saw fit and partied in the clubs and even DJ’d at some raves. I continued to work and I kept an eye on my health through the years. What has pulled me through all of this is my Spirituality and my faith in the Great Divine along with a positive attitude and outlook on life.

ANTI-VIRALS

I did not start taking meds until 2006 this year. I am currently on Epzicom & Reyataz, and I also take a multi-vitamin as well as (Omega 3 (EPA supports heart health, reduces inflammation and improves cellular integrity. DHA supports memory and nervous system functioning.)

LAB RESULTS

Here are my results as of 2006 this year.

2/10/2006   56   9,260   5
6/27/2006   127   < 400   11
8/10/2006   137    <147   7
11/28/200 144     <75   9

Everyone knows that it takes time with the climb. A Genotype was done because there was a discussion to switch over to Sustiva and Truvada. I will keep you updated on that developing story.

Your curiosity has now been satisfied.

Make the BEST of each Day!
« Last Edit: January 09, 2007, 11:13:20 pm by Eldon »

Offline gerry

• Joined AM Feb 2003
Re: About Eldon...
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2006, 03:25:15 am »
Hi Eldon,

Just wondering why there's discussion about a switch to Sustiva/Truvada when you've already reached undetectable on Reyataz/Epzicom and your CD4 seem to be recovering?  Also, what was the timing of the genotype test?  Unless it was done when your viral load was still detectable, it would not be useful in deciding the switch (since there is not enough viral load to detect any mutation).  You should also consider taking PCP prophylaxis (such as Bactrim or Dapsone) since your CD4 is still below 200.  Sorry for the unsolicited advice.

Gerry

Offline Eldon

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2006, 03:30:03 am »
Hi Gerry,

Your suggestions are welcomed. I will discuss this with my Doctor on my next visit.

Make the BEST of each Day!

tendai

« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2006, 05:43:27 am »
hie Eldon, nice to know you..

Offline fearless

« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2006, 06:09:43 am »
Hi Eldon.
Be forgiving, be grateful, be optimistic

Offline poet

• Poet living and working in Central Maine
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2006, 06:24:09 am »
Thanks, Eldon.  I can remember back a bit when I was brand new here, posting all sorts of things and some of the readers started to press me on who I was and where I was coming from.  Of course I assumed that it would simply come out, post by post, but that is hard to collect for someone.  You have given us, curious or not, a much, much fuller picture of the man behind the posts.  Win
Winthrop Smith has published three collections of poetry: Ghetto: From The First Five; The Weigh-In: Collected Poems; Skin Check: New York Poems.  The last was published in December 2006.  He has a work-in-progress underway titled Starting Positions.

Offline skeebo1969

« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2006, 09:21:47 am »

Yes I am a bit surprised she does not have you on Bactrim myself.   She told me yesterday that she likes to keep her patients on it when their cd4's are so low.   Although I would have only done so if told by a doctor before, after what she explained yesterday I am now a firm believer that Bactrim is important to me right now.   Also was told it could be the culprit behind the night sweats, so just be prepared if she puts you on it.

I can see now why you and the others got so offended the other day.  I did not realize I was asking all this.   I would have taken exception also if I was told to give my education, hobbies, interest, and very personal and sensitive information.  My bad and a lesson learned from you Eldon... Apology #1.

Also now that I see you are on medication, I see that I misunderstood you in the Positive thinking thread.  I thought you were saying that you were just going on the power of positive thinking and that you were not on meds, along with telling  others that they could do the same.  My bad lesson learned from you Eldon this morning....Apology #2

The fact that you handled it so well as a  twenty one year old back when it was still considered a death sentence  speaks highly of your resolve.   Yes the Eldon we know of today was already the strong man then...  Incredible, absolutely that is.   I see now that the power of positive thinking was something you had back then and now know why you are so adamant about practicing it now... It has served you well.   I read and saw that you mentioned your father and shared a frank discussion that you had with him on "thinking positive".   I gather and I hope I am correct in thinking that your relationship with your parents is a good one...   I really am a firm believer that we are all a product of our upbringing and it seems you are a product of two fine parents.

Eldon thanks for sharing!

Thomas

I despise the song Love is in the Air, you should too.

Offline ACinKC

• Bring it VIRUS! #2 Ranked In-crowd Member!
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2006, 09:54:29 am »
Hi, Eldon nice to meet you!  Are you new here?!!?!??!?! 

LOL.. So you're NOT Dutch.. Hmmmmmmmmmm this is curious.....

LIFE is not a race to the grave with the intention of arriving safely
in a pretty and well-preserved body, but, rather to skid in broadside,
thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming--WOW! WHAT A
RIDE!!!

Offline MSPspud

• Joined Mar 2005 - Formerly UofMurbs
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2006, 10:02:06 am »
Hi Eldon, I am glad you've decided to make much of this information public.  I had known bits and pieces and had actually dug through the achieves to see you mentioned that very regimen in the old forum at one time.  None the less, I think this was necessary.  Not everyone has to go through formal introductions (esp in the beginning as they warm up), but after 1500 posts it's a good thing.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2006, 10:06:56 am by MSPspud »

Offline kcmetroman

« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2006, 10:48:36 am »
Great read Eldon.  Sorry you were put up against the wall to post it.

Now get your butt out there today and spread some love.

Offline ACinKC

• Bring it VIRUS! #2 Ranked In-crowd Member!
« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2006, 10:53:10 am »
KC... are you telling him to spread his cheeks?
LIFE is not a race to the grave with the intention of arriving safely
in a pretty and well-preserved body, but, rather to skid in broadside,
thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming--WOW! WHAT A
RIDE!!!

Offline allopathicholistic

« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2006, 11:04:37 am »
Not everyone has to go through formal introductions (esp in the beginning as they warm up), but after 1500 posts it's a good thing.

:D  :D  ROFL JASON!!!!!  :D  :D  :D

Eldon: Thank you. And yup, as you said, "it takes time with the climb"!!

All: Pray for Eldon if the Spirit moves you  8)
« Last Edit: December 01, 2006, 11:20:40 am by allopathicholistic »

Offline Life

• Member 2005
« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2006, 11:06:16 am »
Eldon!!

Thank you...

Dan J.

« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2006, 11:07:44 am »
HI Eldon!

I always enjoy reading your post & this was no exception.

:-* Dan

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #14 on: December 01, 2006, 02:49:36 pm »
Great read, Eldon. You seem to be quite a fascinating person, indeed.
Started Atripla/Ziagen on 9/13/07.
10/31/07 CD4-265 VL- undetectable
2/6/08 CD4- 401 VL- undetectable
5/7/08 CD4- 705 VL- undetectable
6/4/08 CD4- 775 VL- undetectable
8/6/08 CD4- 805 VL- undetectable
11/13/08 CD4- 774 VL--undetectable
2/4/09  CD4- 484  VL- 18,000 (2 months off meds)
3/3/09---Starting Back on Meds---
4/27/09 CD4- 664 VL-- undetectable
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600
01-22-10-- CD4- 525 VL- 59,000
Cherish the simple things life has to offer

Offline cph9680

« Reply #15 on: December 01, 2006, 03:06:26 pm »
Bravo, Eldon!  Quite a life you lead and have lead!  Glad to see there's someone out there who is making the most of each day  ;D

Corey

Offline angels4kelly

• IT JUST IS!!.....OKAY!
« Reply #16 on: December 01, 2006, 07:55:26 pm »
Hello Eldon ;D
Thanks so much for sharing that and allowing us to know you a bit better.
Peace,
Kelly

POSITIVE SINCE-10/1990
CD4-610
CD4%-29.3
VL-UNDETECTABLE
VIREAD,VIRACEPT, EPZICOM

MOST RECENT...
10/9/2006
CD4's-714
CD4%-30%
VL-Undetectable
DIAGNOSES POSITIVE 10/90
SAME MEDS, VIREAD, VIRAMUNE, EPZICOM.

SHOOT FOR THE MOON! YOU MAY MISS,
BUT YOU'LL LAND IN THE STARS :)

Knowing others is intelligence;
knowing yourself is true wisdom.
Mastering others is strength;
mastering yourself is true power.

Failure is not in falling down,
but the staying down

Offline Eldon

« Reply #17 on: December 01, 2006, 08:59:48 pm »
Let me pick up where I left off. As it is noted, I DO take the time out to respond to each and every one of you to attempt to give it a more personal interaction which is something all of us can use in this life.

Hey Tendai...

It is nice to know you just as well.

Hey Fearless...

The little yellow dog cracks me up. LOL!

Hey Poet...

Thank you also for your interaction and your valued perception just as well.

Hey Thomas...

Indeed you are a very interactive member of this forum. That is a GOOD thing. In fact, Bactrim was discussed during a prior appointment with the Doctor.

Your apologies are also accepted. I am happy to see that a understanding has taken place. As it is noted, when an understanding takes place, then the state of perception changes in more ways than one.

As you have seen, through it all, it was through my Positive Thinking along with my Spirituality which has kept me intact all of these years. It is a part of me and I am so thankful that it is. As far as the folks are concerned, they do care just as well and we have our understanding with each other.

Yes, they are dynamic in more ways than one. When I look at my other friends and their situations, it makes me just that more thankful and convicted to reach my hand out to help others just as well. It is all about sharing the good things in this life that we have experienced.

Hey ACinKC...

No, I am not dutch. I have a Greek background in the history of my family. Greeks love art. It is fascinating. LOL!

Hey Jason...

My man, in your own way you ROCK!!! and Yes, you do have a very valid point as it has been noted. So who was that masked man? LOL!

Hey John...

I still remember the other post you had made to make me look. That was indeed clever and it was funny as hell!!! Oh Yes, when I woke up I was filled with Joy and inspiration ready to share it.

Hey Alex...

You are also an inspiring individual in your own way. In fact, it stands out in more ways than one. Where is the Pillsbury Dough Boy? Who has him hostage? LOL!

Hey Eric...

My man...LOL!!! You are welcome and I welcome you to infuse your day with the experiences that you have been through.

Hey Danj...

Thanks A million.

Hey Queen Akasha...

You are also a fascinating gal. You are straight up and indeed got the vision.

Hey Corey...

You have me just giggling inside as I type through this. Oh yes, it has been quite a journey. Through it all I have done my Damnest to remain as positive as I could. Thanks A Million.

Hey Kelly...

OMG!!! You are like my little Angel of Light that is sitting on the sidelines eating your popcorn and you got a frosty from Wendys. LOL! Girl, how much I appreciate your interaction and not to mention your dynamic creativity with your Graphics that you infuse inside of your threads. After all Florida is the Sunshine State. LOL!

I was wondering where you have been. It is GOOD to see you once again and with your interaction.

NOW...I should have included this in my initial post. I would like for each and everyone to listen to this tune. It is by the group called JOURNEY. Oh Yes, it was a Revelation the other day while I was out shopping. So here goes. Listen to the words of the song. It says SOOO much. Spread the word with the others who have come and gone to read this thread.

You see everyone, there is a reason for the internet. There is a reason for us in this life. There is a reason for YOUTUBE. In fact, there is a reason for XTUBE. The list goes on and on.

THERE IS A REASON.

I sincerely wish to each and every one of you the BEST in all of your endeavors in this life as you walk along on each of your individual journeys.

"Make the BEST of each Day...You can if you Try"
« Last Edit: December 01, 2006, 09:09:55 pm by Eldon »

Offline Jeffreyj

« Reply #18 on: December 02, 2006, 04:02:36 am »
Hi Eldon,
Nice to get to know you a little better. I'm a bit surprised you are not on Diflucan or bactrim, being that your t-cells are under 200. I'd seriously look into that!
How many bro's and sisters do you have? Are you the baby like me (youngest of 3 brothers here)

Take care and stay healthy!
Jeff
Positive since 1985

Offline AtomicA

• that's Famous with an F
« Reply #19 on: December 02, 2006, 05:24:01 am »
Aw shucks Eldon, so it turns out you are one of them 'old timers' too.
well, I think you are the bees knees.

- yes, bees do have knees... as a matter of fact I caught one and looked at it under a microscpe because seeing as I say that fequently I thought I should know a little something about them. Seeing as a bee's knee is a fabulously complicated and marvelous little invention of nature (they have a mini little kneecap and everything), and that there are six of them... I truly understand now why that saying has relevance.

Did you ever have medical problems staying off the drugs so long?

Offline allopathicholistic

« Reply #20 on: December 03, 2006, 10:09:45 am »
Aw shucks Eldon, so it turns out you are one of them 'old timers' too.
well, I think you are the bees knees.

Bees knees! That's too adorable to not steal! 

Offline RevMC

• It's me!
    • Psychic AwakeningSchool.com
« Reply #21 on: December 03, 2006, 11:45:17 am »
Hi Eldon,

I'm glad to get to know you better.  TY for sharing the information about yourself.  I see your not really that far away from me.  I'm in Land O Lakes, FL (Pasco County) just north of Tampa.  Maybe someday we can work something out and get to meet in person.  And I didn't realize you were an "old timer"   ;D  like me

I guess now I'll have to post a thread like this about me then  ;)

Just wondering if I should post some juicy details or not  <EG>

Love and Light,

Rev. Michael
Part of my story: "Sale Of A Lifetime" POZ December 2003
https://www.poz.com/article/Sale-of-a-Lifetime-752-6797

Started on Truvada and Viramune on 2/15/07

Jan 8, 2007   t-cells 215  Viral Load 10,000  24%
March 26'th  T-cells 306   Viral Load  UNDETECTABLE
June 2007 t-cells 375 Viral Load UNDETECTABLE
August 2007 t-cells 290 Viral Load UNDETECTABLE

Love and Light and Reiki sent your way,
Rev. Michae

Offline Eldon

« Reply #22 on: December 03, 2006, 07:51:56 pm »
Hey Jeffreyj...

So how are things out there in those mountains? Your care and your consideration to care has been noted.

Hey Adam...

To answer your question, through it all I have been rather healthy. I have not experienced any major medical problems because of staying off of the meds for so long. The Doctors have x-rayed and checked everything and all looks well. In fact, my iron level is above normal. Side effects? A small little rash that's about it.

Alex...

I know, Bees Knees?

Hey Michael...

You are on. It sounds like a date. Perhaps we can meet before the next year's AMG fest. I will e-mail you to see what we can arrange. My aunt and some other relatives are over in the Tampa area. In fact, there are some others just as well in the city. Maybye we could do a small little party of some sort. We'll see.

Happy Holidays!!!

Offline Angel-Ronnie

« Reply #23 on: December 04, 2006, 12:58:09 am »
Eldon thank you for sharing your experiences with us and about your life. Hopefully some minds will be put at ease know that they have read this thread. You are an inspiration to some of us.

much love

Angel
Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% how you react to it - Charles Swindoll
2012-04-23 CD4=847 VL=125 CD4%=29
06-02-2013 CD4=990 VL=<20 CD4%=28
05-07-2013 CD4=869 VL=<20 CD4%=30
05-12-2013 CD4=859 VL=262 CD4%=28
03-05-2014 CD4=743 VL=<20 CD4%=28
30-09-2014 CD4=291 VL=33 CD4% =30
24-02-2015 CD4 1065 VL=1814 CD4%=30
22-07-2015 CD4=974 VL=<20 CD4%=32
19-01-2016 CD4=940 VL=<30 CD4%=33
11-07-2016 CD4=646 VL=<30 CD4%=26
11-01-2017 CD4=749 VL=<30 CD4%=29
27-06-2017 CD4=948 VL=<30 CD4%=32
22-12-2017 CD4=824 VL=<30 CD4%=32
09-06-2018 CD4=1036 VL=<40 CD4%=31
12-01-2019 CD4=915 VL=<30 CD4%=31
28-05-2019 CD4=855 VL=<40 CD4%=28
24-06-2021 CD4=927 VL=<20 CD4%=33
04-12-2021 CD4=1240 VL=<20 CD4%=34
25-06-2022 CD4=1408 VL=<40 CD4%=33
04-01-2023 CD4=982 VL=<20 CD4%=31
27-05-2023 CD4=1096 VL=<<40 CD4%=32

Offline Eldon

« Reply #24 on: December 04, 2006, 01:00:10 am »
Hey Angel,

Thank you, you are an inspiration just the same.

Happy Holidays!

Offline RevMC

• It's me!
« Reply #25 on: December 04, 2006, 10:34:16 am »
OH MY GOSH!!!!

A potential date with Eldon!!  Now Now, it's only a friendship date  ;)

Rev. Michae

Offline Christine

« Reply #26 on: December 04, 2006, 02:55:35 pm »
Hi Eldon,
It's nice to meet you! Thanks for sharing your story, and thanks for helping me to focus on the positive side of things and to focus on keeping myself mentally and spiritually healthy.
Christine
Poz since '93. Currently on Procrit, Azithromax, Pentamidine, Valcyte, Levothyroxine, Zoloft, Epzicom, Prezista, Viread, Norvir, and GS-9137 study drug. As needed: Trazodone, Atavan, Diflucan, Zofran, Hydrocodone, Octreotide

5/30/07 t-cells 9; vl 275,000

Offline Eldon

« Reply #27 on: December 04, 2006, 08:05:06 pm »
Hey Michael!

You are on! I am also just as excited for our potential date!!! LOL!

Hey Christine!

You are also another one of my angels of light and you bring JOY inside of my heart. Thanks!

Happy Holidays!

Now Playing: Rare Earth - Get Ready

Offline RevMC

• It's me!
« Reply #28 on: December 04, 2006, 08:29:45 pm »
Hmmm, I usually don't kiss on the first date   

Other things maybe    ROFLMAO

thump

OUCH, I fell on the floor

Rev. Michae

Offline red_Dragon888

• Love and Be Love in Return
« Reply #29 on: December 25, 2006, 08:49:50 am »
Have my curiosity been sated?  I'm not sure.  I still feel hungry  :D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=I3ba3lnFHik

Off Crystal Meth since May 13, 2013.  In recovery with 20 months clean time.

Offline rkeat25

« Reply #30 on: December 25, 2006, 09:10:49 am »
Hi Eldon,

Now I feel like I know you the way others know me from reading my blog posts.  Thanks for sharing and take care of yourself.

ronnie

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.