Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 06:40:03 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773294
  • Total Topics: 66348
  • Online Today: 718
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 669
Total: 669

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Do I have to take them at the same time?  (Read 2734 times)

Offline h2ap

Do I have to take them at the same time?
« on: March 06, 2009, 01:29:07 pm »
Hello-

I started taking Reyataz, Norvir, and Truvada about a month ago.  I take them after dinner, but the problem is that I don't have dinner at the same time every day.  So I've been taking the meds between 6PM and 10PM every day.  Is that okay?  I'd ask my doctor but my next appointment is weeks away.

Thanks for your input.

Offline BM

Re: Do I have to take them at the same time?
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2009, 01:47:54 pm »
All the literature I've read advises that these drugs be taken at the same time each day and cautions against large differences in dosing times (an hour either way). If you can't always have dinner at the same time, try a snack (that won't ruin your appetite) so you can take your meds consistently. Failing that, take them with a meal you can take at the same time each day.

Offline Storm

• Look At The World With Love In Your Eyes
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2009, 03:41:01 pm »
I am on the same meds as you. I started them two weeks ago. My doctor told me to take them the SAME time everyday!! I asked, "What if something happens that I can't take it until an hour from the usual time?" and he said "Well.. that's.. ummm okaaay.. but you REALLY need to take it at the SAME time. If your meds are not in your body consistantly the virus has room to mutate. We surely don't want that. I take mine at 5:30, if I'm not having dinner right at that moment I just eat a snack.
Diagnosed November 2003
DATE:    CD4:   VL:
02.16.04   773    983
10.17.07   389    7,159
05.09.08   352    22,410
11.06.08   208    63,797
02.17.09   STARTED TRUVADA, NORVIR, REYATAZ
03.17.09   600    <75   :D

Offline h2ap

« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2009, 06:43:18 pm »
Ohhh okay, thanks.  Maybe I'll switch over to lunch time....

On a different note, just FYI, before I started the meds, my VL was 110,000+ but after 18 days, it went down to ~600. CD4 was up from ~380 to ~510.

Offline Storm

• Look At The World With Love In Your Eyes
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2009, 10:01:08 pm »
Call the doctor or pharmacist ASAP! That's what they are there for. I'm not sure how taking the meds at such drastic time changes will do. They were so stern about AN HOUR difference.
Diagnosed November 2003
DATE:    CD4:   VL:
02.16.04   773    983
10.17.07   389    7,159
05.09.08   352    22,410
11.06.08   208    63,797
02.17.09   STARTED TRUVADA, NORVIR, REYATAZ
03.17.09   600    <75   :D

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.