Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 04:42:22 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773199
  • Total Topics: 66336
  • Online Today: 568
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 532
Total: 532

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: Scarred after possible exporsure  (Read 14102 times)

Offline lockitup

Scarred after possible exporsure
« on: May 23, 2007, 09:37:07 am »
Hi how ya'll doin.  Here is my situation.  I and a buddy of mine got a "sex worker".  She had stds because i think i got hpv for sure.  I used a condom with sex but not with the bj.  She was sucking both of the penises at the same time.  Now im scared because what if my buddy was infected and got semen in my penis from her sucking on his then going to mine.  Then i got sick like 4 months later i got a very bad sore throat and swollen lymph nodes all over my body including my neck, the back of the neck, collar bone are and thats it.  I didnt notice until i looked on the internet.  So for the last year and a half or so they have been swollen.  But i read from these forums that if you play a spueeze them it is bad for you.  Which in my case is what is happening i play and squeeze them all day i cant keep my hands off them.  I dont know if im being paranoid or not because i do have a son and i dont know if i could have hurt him and my girlfriend(which i dint have at the time.

Offline ACinKC

• Bring it VIRUS! #2 Ranked In-crowd Member!
Re: Scarred after possible exporsure
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2007, 10:03:58 am »
You should take the time to read through the lessons to better educate you on how this disease is transmitted.

You do not get HIV from getting your dick sucked no matter how many dicks she/he is sucking at the same time or before you.  The mouth is a VERY inhospitable place for HIV with at least 12 known enzymes that break down or inhibit the virus. 

You had no risk for HIV infection this time, just remember to always use condoms for intercourse and you wont have to worry about HIV.
LIFE is not a race to the grave with the intention of arriving safely
in a pretty and well-preserved body, but, rather to skid in broadside,
thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming--WOW! WHAT A
RIDE!!!

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2007, 10:33:50 am »
No one has ever been HIV infected by getting a blowjob and it's safe to say you won't make history by becoming the first.

You do need to leave your lymph nodes alone. You can create a serious problem by bothering them. Since they have been swollen for a long time it'd be a good idea for you to discuss the problem with your doctor instead of playing with them yourself and probably making the situation worse.

Anyone who is sexually active should as a matter of habit get a full STD panel done at least annually. Every six months is even better. It sounds like you're overdue for a checkup.

This is not an HIV situation no matter what your mind is telling you otherwise.

Cheers,
Andy Velez

Offline lockitup

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2007, 02:03:51 pm »
I heard that the first symptoms of hiv are swollen lymph nodes?   Or am i really just being paranoid.  I used a condom and it didnt break i dont think so.  Their was a litttle bit of blood present does that play a factor.  Thanx andy and all the others for your response!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2007, 04:32:47 pm »
Protected sex is just that protected. HIV has no specific symptoms. Please take time to read the lessons. You will find them by following the link in the "Welcome" thread.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2007, 06:00:43 pm »
All that "I hear" stuff is usually for the birds and not for people who are having sex.

As Rod suggested, read the lessons on Transmission and on Testing get down with the real deal.

Cheers,
Andy Velez

Offline lockitup

« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2007, 03:39:00 pm »
Well if the condom ripped or had knicks on without me knowing?  Do you think it is me playing with my nodes that  is the reason they are swollen?   I do have hpv couldnt the virus be in the warts?  Thank you all for the replies by the way!!!!!!!!!!

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2007, 04:12:45 pm »
If the condom had failed you would have known it.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2007, 04:36:53 pm »
Yes, you can definitely cause your lymph nodes to swell by fussing with them. Keep your hands off of, no kidding.

If your condom had failed you would have known it. It's not a subtle event where there is a teeny weeny itty bitty hole that you might not see. When a condom fails it ends up looking like a fringed hula hoop on your penis.

You are worrying needlessly. We've given you the real deal. If you can't let go of this unwarranted concern then talk with a therapist about the situation.

Cheers,
Andy Velez

Offline lockitup

« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2007, 02:20:30 pm »
Thanks for waking me up to smell the coffee ive been loosing it ever since they were swollen.  Thanks for the info.  But one more thing if you guys dont mind.  Was i at risk for anything besides the warts.  Low risk high risk potential  risk it  would be great thankyou

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2007, 05:05:08 pm »
Lock,

I agree with the others. Since you had protected sex, HIV is not a concern in this case. Condoms are designed to fail in catastrophic fashion, so if it had happened you'd be in no doubt.

As for other conditions, well that's not really for us to say. All sexually active people should have a full STD screen at least once a year. Twice a year is better. A full screen will include an HIV antibody test. If it's been a while since your last full screen or if you've not had one before you might wish to make an appointment to do so with your doctor or local clinic.

I would encourage you to read our Welcome Thread which contains links to our testing and transmissions lessons.

MtD

Offline lockitup

« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2007, 01:22:37 pm »
Once again thank you all for the replys.  The only other concerns is that if you get a std then the chances of getting hiv trhough the std are huge right?  Because i got hpv for sure and am in the process of getting to a dermontologist.  And i just am scarred out of my wits to get tested because i have swollen nodes all over my body and i have a son.  If im positive i dont know what i would do.  i feel like i hurt my girlfriend and my son already and i dont even know.  Because ive had them so long i just dont no.  Any advice would be great thank you all

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2007, 01:41:10 pm »
Should you have a positive test, it wouldn't be from the situation that you stated above.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2007, 10:28:50 pm »
How about laying off of the drama and feeling sorry for yourself.

Nothing you have reported has put you at risk for HIV. That's not your issue. Talk to your doctor about your swollen nodes and any other symptoms that may be troubling you.

This is not an HIV situation. Period.
Andy Velez

Offline lockitup

« Reply #14 on: June 01, 2007, 01:54:37 pm »
No i understand about feeling sorry formyself im sorry about that.  I just read up on things and they said having a std increases your risk of having hiv or does that me something like herpes and syhplis not warts?  And i did put my  finger in her vagina and blood was present on the condom.  Isnt that a risk?

Offline ACinKC

« Reply #15 on: June 01, 2007, 02:45:44 pm »
No that is not a risk.  And as for other STD's it does increase the chance but you would have had to have an actual exposure.  HIV does not piggy back on other STD's to find its way into its host.
RIDE!!!

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #16 on: June 02, 2007, 04:19:25 am »
lock,

The concept of other STIs being present increasing the risk of hiv transmission only has any relevance when condoms are not used. You used condoms and regardless of the presence of blood - or STIs - you were protected. Condoms prevent hiv transmission.

As Mr Velez told you, this is not an hiv situation. Period.

Keep using those condoms and you won't have an hiv situation in future either.

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline lockitup

« Reply #17 on: June 04, 2007, 09:48:43 am »
thanks Andy, Ann, ACinKC, for the replies.  It is very helpful that you all for really helping me out.  You all are very good people. Now hopefully this is the last i post.  I was wondering i know you all arent doctors but dont you think it is weird that i have swollen lymph nodes 4 months after sex with a worker and have them for 1yr and a half.  I mean i know i play with them and now its just a habit.  Does stress, anxiety, drinking, smoking have anything to do with it?  Sorry if im bothering you guys but i dont know if anybody ever told you guys this but your all really cool and easy to talk to.  Thanks for any replies.

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #18 on: June 04, 2007, 09:54:29 am »
There are hundreds of reasons to have swollen lymph nodes. Keep your fingers off them and more than likely that will go away. If you are so concerned see a doctor.

Offline lockitup

« Reply #19 on: June 04, 2007, 10:04:18 am »
Sorry rapidrod thank you for your replies also.  I was just wondering still though if you new cant stress and the things i listed be a part of them being swollen.

Offline lockitup

« Reply #20 on: June 04, 2007, 01:53:31 pm »
Sorry if im pissing you guys off just tell me thankyou.

Offline ACinKC

« Reply #21 on: June 04, 2007, 03:49:49 pm »
Yes stress and screwing with them all the time will make them swollen.
RIDE!!!

Offline lockitup

« Reply #22 on: June 05, 2007, 10:56:12 am »
Hey whats up.  I was thinking  when i was taking the condom off which had blood on it.  It got blood in a small cut or in my penis?  Is that possible.  And i didnt take a shower for a day.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #23 on: June 05, 2007, 11:00:48 am »
lock,

Hiv positive people and their negative partners use condoms all the time and guess what - when they take the comdom off, sexual fluids get on hands and penises and whatnot. Guess what else - as long as these couples are using condoms for intercourse, the negative partner stays negative.

You didn't have a risk. Get over it!

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline lockitup

« Reply #24 on: June 06, 2007, 01:53:56 pm »
Do i need to go get tested or is this a situation that means i had no chance for hiv?

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #25 on: June 06, 2007, 01:55:57 pm »
What did Ann's last sentence say?

Offline lockitup

« Reply #26 on: June 07, 2007, 04:44:37 pm »
I forgot to mention also that i was playing with my penis while the bloody condom was on.  Is that a risk

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #27 on: June 07, 2007, 04:50:29 pm »
No that wasn't a risk. I hope you washed your hands before you ate.

Offline lockitup

« Reply #28 on: June 07, 2007, 04:56:17 pm »
thanks rod you actually made me laugh for the first time in quite a while thank man

Offline lockitup

« Reply #29 on: June 08, 2007, 02:31:33 pm »
so everybody here thinks i dont have hiv according to my situation and is free of hiv?  This will be my last post thankyou all for the great info and wish all of you luck!  Thanks

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #30 on: June 09, 2007, 04:26:11 am »
Lockit,

You certainly don't have hiv because of this one encounter. However, anyone who is sexually active should be having a full sexual health care check-up, including but not limited to hiv testing, at least once a year and more often if unprotected intercourse occurs.

If you aren't already having regular, routine check-ups, now is the time to start. As long as you make sure condoms are being used for intercourse, you can fully expect your routine hiv tests to return with negative results. Don't forget to always get checked for all the other sexually transmitted infections as well, because they are MUCH easier to transmit than hiv.

Keep using those condoms and you'll have no worries where hiv is concerned. If you decide to test as a part of a routine check up, expect a negative result. I am.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline lockitup

« Reply #31 on: June 11, 2007, 01:26:22 pm »
Thank you for the encouraging message back.  You are a very nice person and can not thank you enough for putting up with me thanks.  Over the weekend though i was thinking about my situation and left something out  that i wanted to ask all of you.  The condom did slip up my penis a little.  It never came off or anything but could the vaginal fluids get up thier somehow and get in the whole?  Is that a risk?

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #32 on: June 11, 2007, 01:50:05 pm »
As long as your penis was covered you didn't have a risk.

Offline lockitup

« Reply #33 on: June 12, 2007, 09:37:44 am »
Well thank you for the great info again.  I read the lessons and you guys are dead on with all of your info.  I just am worried about the lymph nodes being swollen as hell for the long period of time.  I just wanted to make sure because i wore a condom i have no risk right?  And i know this is off the subject but where do i go for the genital warts?

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #34 on: June 12, 2007, 09:47:55 am »
lock,

You need to see a doctor for both the warts and the glands. If you don't want to go to your regular doctor about the warts, you'll have to find a sexual health care clinic in your area. Try the yellow pages and failing that, you could ring your local hospital and ask them. A local Planned Parenthood might know as well.

If you're going to see someone about warts, you may as well have a complete sexual health check up while you're there - then you will know where you stand. As I've already told you, any sexually active adult should be doing this at least once a year anyway.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline lockitup

« Reply #35 on: June 12, 2007, 01:45:11 pm »
So if i go for a hiv test (which haunts me like a ghost)  everybody here thinks i will be negative from my situation?

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #36 on: June 12, 2007, 03:18:57 pm »
YES. Negative. Absolutely.

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline lockitup

« Reply #37 on: June 15, 2007, 09:36:18 am »
Do you guys know if their is any other std that makes your lymph nodes swell.  Just curious.  Thanks ann for the encouraging reply.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #38 on: June 15, 2007, 10:27:33 am »
We're not in the guessing business here, Lock. Swollen lymph nodes occur for all sorts of reasons. You should be discussing the issue with your doctor to make a correct diagnosis.

For sure you need to keep your hands off of them. Squeezing, pressing or otherwise manipulating them can cause real problems.

All we can say with certainty is yours is not an HIV situation, your fears notwithstanding.

Period.

Andy Velez

Offline lockitup

« Reply #39 on: June 19, 2007, 01:39:21 pm »
Just curious can playing with your lymph nodes make more?  Because that is what im thinking is going on here.  Im not guessing i just want to have an idea what im in for.  P.S. please tell me if my posts are making you all angry!  Thank you for the replies

Offline Bucko

• You need a shine, missy!
« Reply #40 on: June 19, 2007, 07:51:23 pm »
You do not grow lymph nodes, you're born with all the ones you'll ever have. But playing with them can cause them to swell.

Leave the nodes alone, Lockie...they're not toys.

And why don't you go to a doctor, get the warts treated and get yourself tested for STDs as my fine pal Matty suggested? Anyone who is sexually active owes it to himself and his partner(s).

Brent
(Who is certain that HIV is not the problem here)
Blessed with brains, talent and gorgeous tits.

Blathering on AIDSmeds since 2005, provocative from birth

Offline lockitup

« Reply #41 on: June 20, 2007, 02:00:43 pm »
Hey brent thankyou for your reply.  Question,  i know this may be personal but how did you guy muster up the balls to go get tested?  I mean i know that its probably not hiv but im still shiting my pants and am very embarassed about the warts.  Ive only had have sex with 2 girls.

Offline lockitup

« Reply #42 on: June 22, 2007, 09:41:40 am »
Im sorry about the last post obviously i shouldnt of asked that.  I was thinking about my situation and i didnt add in that i pulled her thong up and cut her pretty bad.  If i got the blood in a small cut or abrasion is that a risk.  And if its not a risk why wouldnt be?

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #43 on: June 22, 2007, 11:18:29 am »
Lock,

You can think of all the different twists and turns you want to, but we have already answered you and our answers are not going to change. You need to learn the basics and apply them to your own life and actions.

You say you "cut her pretty bad" - and quite frankly, I'm appalled. Not because of any imaginary hiv risk - you had protected intercourse - but because of the pain you inflicted on the woman.

I'm giving you a time out. Please read the posting guidelines in the Welcome Thread to find out why. If you attempt to create a new account to get around your time out, you will be banned permanently.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.