Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 03:34:14 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772784
  • Total Topics: 66296
  • Online Today: 286
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 285
Total: 285

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: hiv vegans. am i the only one, where are yous?  (Read 10003 times)

Offline Keepstrong

hiv vegans. am i the only one, where are yous?
« on: September 07, 2015, 02:10:21 pm »
Hi

looking to see if there is hiv positive vegans. i have joined a few vegan pages on facebook but dont feel comfortable asking if anyone is positive so thought id ask here.

I became positive early 2013 and began my vegan lifestyle early 2015. what about you? :)

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
Re: hiv vegans. am i the only one, where are yous?
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2015, 02:37:08 pm »
I would eat a Vegan . Seriously … I only wish I had the discipline to eat a veggie diet but I love meat and feel better when I eat meat protein. If it works for you I’m happy .
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
You can read more about Transmission and Risks here:
HIV Transmission and Risks
You can read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
You can read more about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read more about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
You can read more about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

Offline Keepstrong

« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2015, 02:39:56 pm »
my post was not for non-vegans please remove your comment!!!

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2015, 02:48:25 pm »
Im sorry my comment offended you but we do not remove comments from threads without good reason and simply not liking a comment is not a good enough . I will stay out of your thread and wish you the best, no hard feelings.
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
You can read more about Transmission and Risks here:
HIV Transmission and Risks
You can read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
You can read more about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read more about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
You can read more about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

Offline harleymc

« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2015, 04:10:04 am »
Nothing to indicate offense, lots to indicate intolerance. ;-)

Offline RemyG1971

• E ho'a'o no i pau kuhihewa Try it to end the panic
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2015, 10:33:17 pm »
Other than Bee Pollen, Raw Vegan :o

Offline Keepstrong

« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2015, 04:13:43 pm »
Raw that's interesting. What part of the world are you staying? I try to eat mostly raw through the day. Sometimes do a day all raw to give my stomach a rest from cooked foods. 😊

Offline cynthia

« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2016, 02:30:01 am »
hi am a vegan too because I  have allergies with meat and wheat
Yolo

Offline yellowon

« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2017, 10:01:10 am »
I am vegetarian for 27 years if that helps..

Offline mecch

• red pill? or blue pill?
« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2017, 10:53:31 am »
Sometimes do a day all raw to give my stomach a rest from cooked foods. 😊

My nutrition science professor at university that that humans evolved into humans because of cooking food. I have never read in any science text or research article that a stomach gets "rest" by avoiding the consumption of cooked food, in fact it is the opposite.

Well, that's my 2 cents.  ::)

So I was in college 30 years ago. Nutrition science really doesn't change much.

https://www.popsci.com/science/article/2012-10/eating-cooked-food-made-us-human-study-finds
“From each, according to his ability; to each, according to his need” 1875 K Marx

Offline yellowon

« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2017, 01:22:05 pm »
As a cancer patient and twice on chemo, I was not allowed while on treatment at some points to eat anything raw.

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.