Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 06:05:57 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37614
  • Latest: bondann
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772961
  • Total Topics: 66312
  • Online Today: 741
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 138
Total: 138

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Just checking in  (Read 75789 times)

Offline Theyer

• Current ambition. Walk the Dog .
Re: Just checking in
« Reply #50 on: June 09, 2014, 05:07:24 pm »
For a while I get really mad at something healing before the appointment which is mad in itself. I love the sun but increasingly it does not seem to love me 80+ and I am mogadon michael without the dribbling,got that to look forward too.

Every summer I have spent on Orkney there is always the Day when I forget all the past summers and try swimming in the sea. Every year I discover that the cold is such I cannot breath and swim .

Have plenty more dips Ray , and Alan check them spots as you do.
"If we can find the money to kill people, we can find the money to help people ."  Tony Benn

Offline J.R.E.

• Positive since 1985, joined forums 12/03
« Reply #51 on: June 09, 2014, 05:49:34 pm »

Speaking of Summertime, check out the porkchops :  ;D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wvUQcnfwUUM

Ray
Current Meds ; Viramune / Epzicom Eliquis, Diltiazem. Pravastatin 80mg, Ezetimibe. UPDATED 2/18/24
 Tested positive in 1985,.. In October of 2003, My t-cell count was 16, Viral load was over 500,000, Percentage at that time was 5%. I started on  HAART on October 24th, 2003.

As of Oct 2nd, 2023, Viral load Undetectable.
CD 4 @676 /  CD4 % @ 18 %
Lymphocytes,absolute-3815 (within range)

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline AlanBama

• Alabama: the 'other' 3rd World Country!
« Reply #52 on: June 25, 2014, 03:41:41 pm »
LOL I haven't thought about Mungo Jerry in ages!   

Saw the periodontist; I do have some minor bone loss in one spot, so she's going to do surgery on that, sometime in July or August.   I (stupidly) didn't ask "where does the bone come from that you will graft?"   I assume it comes from lower down on the jawbone?  I guess I'd better be finding out!  Has anyone had bone-loss gum surgery?

HUGS,
Alan
"Remember my sentimental friend that a heart is not judged by how much you love, but by how much you are loved by others." - The Wizard of Oz

Offline aztecan

• 36 years positive, 64 years a pain in the butt
« Reply #53 on: June 30, 2014, 11:24:10 pm »
Hey Alan,

I've never had that particular surgery done.

I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

HUGS,

Mark
"May your life preach more loudly than your lips."
~ William Ellery Channing (Unitarian Minister)

Offline AlanBama

« Reply #54 on: July 16, 2014, 11:31:51 am »
Hi

I had the periodontal surgery last Friday; I think I am healing quite well.   The surgery itself was no fun, but I did o.k. -- was in the chair approx. 2 hours.   The gums were 'split open', and the Periodontist spent about one hour scraping, filing, grinding, and picking at the exposed bone.  Then cadaver bone was grafted (glued) in place, the dead gum tissue 'trimmed', and then the gums were sewn back together.  This is at UAB's School of Dentistry, so it is a teaching situation; I had two sets of hands in my mouth, and one young lady was there strictly to photograph each step of the process.  My lips were sore and split open in the corners from having so much jammed in my mouth (no wise cracks from the peanut gallery!) and it was pretty sore the first couple of days, but I'm doing quite well with it now.  I'll return next Monday for follow up.

The irony of it all is:   I have THOUSANDS of dollars worth of dental work in my mouth; if it were on wheels, it would be a Mercedes!   But I don't have "pretty teeth", by any stretch of the imagination.  You'd think I should (by now) have a movie star smile; at least a very WHITE set of teeth! Oh well, at least I have all my own teeth (plus crowns, etc). 

HUGS !!!   Alan

PS - try eating without using one whole side of your mouth, and not brushing your teeth on one whole lower quadrant!   You'd think I might lose some weight..... >:(
"Remember my sentimental friend that a heart is not judged by how much you love, but by how much you are loved by others." - The Wizard of Oz

Offline Miss Philicia

• celebrity poster, faker & poser
« Reply #55 on: July 16, 2014, 11:47:08 am »

The irony of it all is:   I have THOUSANDS of dollars worth of dental work in my mouth; if it were on wheels, it would be a Mercedes!   But I don't have "pretty teeth", by any stretch of the imagination.  You'd think I should (by now) have a movie star smile; at least a very WHITE set of teeth! Oh well, at least I have all my own teeth (plus crowns, etc). 

My mouth is the same Alan -- thousands $$ of work though like you I go to a university for the work. I hope I don't have to do the gum thing next like you. They did an assessment of it earlier this year and they thought my gums, while not great, weren't horrid. I definitely think long-term use of multiple medications for HIV and non-HIV things take their toll on the  daily production of saliva, which in terms is not good for dental health.

Like you I still have all my teeth but wonder where I'll be in another decade considering everything that's been done in the past decade.

I hope the healing process goes well for you.
"I’ve slept with enough men to know that I’m not gay"

Offline J.R.E.

« Reply #56 on: July 16, 2014, 12:45:35 pm »

Hi Alan,

Hope your healing continues to go well ! Years ago, I had a stubborn wisdom tooth, that refused to come out.  Long story short, they ( took 2 of them) , finally got it out after struggling with it,  but not without me feeling a cracking sensation on the left side of my face.

My jaw was sore for about 3 months, and I am convinced to this day, that's how my TMJ had started.  Fortunately,  I haven't had any issue with TMJ , for probably 12 years or longer.

I need to schedule a cleaning soon, I received the notice card in the mail the other day.

Take Care----Ray
Current Meds ; Viramune / Epzicom Eliquis, Diltiazem. Pravastatin 80mg, Ezetimibe. UPDATED 2/18/24
 Tested positive in 1985,.. In October of 2003, My t-cell count was 16, Viral load was over 500,000, Percentage at that time was 5%. I started on  HAART on October 24th, 2003.

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline AlanBama

« Reply #57 on: July 16, 2014, 01:02:42 pm »
They told me that I can't have my teeth "scaled" (cleaned) for at least six months in the area of the graft....  kinda yucky, also!

Offline mitch777

« Reply #58 on: July 16, 2014, 04:49:35 pm »
I feel for you Alan. Last year was my turn for major dental work. Not fun, not fun in the least. Sorry the timing was bad while I was in Alabama. Speedy healing!
33 years hiv+ with a curtsy.

Offline wolfter

« Reply #59 on: July 16, 2014, 05:18:23 pm »
That all sounds horrid Alan, but at least you're through with it.  Hope it all heals nicely so you'll be permanently done.

Being honest is not wronging others, continuing the dishonesty is.

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #60 on: July 16, 2014, 05:19:17 pm »
I've been to the dentist 20 times in the past three years -- half of that was the past 12 months. And I still have one more crown to be done.

That's better than the 35 visits with my podiatrist though, same time period.

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #61 on: July 16, 2014, 05:31:18 pm »
 Hang in there Alan and hope to see you soon .... this weekend I hope .  ;D .
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
You can read more about Transmission and Risks here:
HIV Transmission and Risks
You can read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
You can read more about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read more about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
You can read more about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #62 on: July 16, 2014, 07:41:48 pm »
Alan, so sorry about what you're going through.  I can relate to dental issues, believe me.  I had to have whatever teeth hadn't been knocked out (I used to fight a lot lol), or rotted out, all pulled out in 1989.  The lab couldn't get my dentures right, so, when I was 24, I had to go without any teeth for practically a whole summer.  Not fun.

I hope you heal quickly and as painless as possible.  Please take care sweetie, you deserve a break!

Betty
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Condom and Lube Info https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/safer-sex
Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/treatmentasprevention-tasp

Offline aztecan

« Reply #63 on: July 17, 2014, 12:12:55 am »
Hey Alan,

I am glad the surgery went well. I haven't had that surgery as yet, but I have to go every three months for scaling and cleaning.

No matter how often I brush or floss, the stuff seems to accumulate.

Keep us posted on how you are doing.

HUGS,

Mark

Offline AlanBama

« Reply #64 on: August 04, 2014, 01:35:00 pm »
Hi guys,

Just wanted to let you know that I have done very well with this procedure.  It healed up nicely, and I was not ever in major pain, just some discomfort the first few days, and the aggravation of not being able to eat on that side of my mouth.

I hope this is not a "preview of coming attractions"....my Dad had gum disease, and eventually had to get dentures.  My oldest brother (74) is currently going through the process of getting dentures; he has his upper plate, and they are pulling teeth on the lower now. 

I hope everyone is having a good summer!  My dear friend of 30+ years, Jim from Oklahoma came to visit us a few weeks ago.   We had a great time.   I had not seen him in 10 years, so we were WAY overdue for a visit.  Mercifully, this summer has been much cooler than normal here in the deep South.

HUGS all around,
Alan

Offline mitch777

« Reply #65 on: August 04, 2014, 08:07:33 pm »
Hey Alan, So glad to hear that it wasn't the ordeal you thought it might be. I HATE DENTAL WORK but it's a necessary evil.

Hope your summer remains cool. Well, cool for the south anyway.

Offline AlanBama

« Reply #66 on: August 14, 2014, 02:26:48 pm »
Hi gang,

I'm doing pretty good these days.   Not too many complaints, aches and pains.  However, it is TOUGH as hell for me to get up out of the bed on workdays.  I've always hated getting up in the morning though, so I think that's an "Alan thing" and not a LTS thing.   :P

My urologist added Finesteride (Proscar) to my Alfuzosin (Uroxatrol) for my BPH earlier this summer.  I don't  think it was helping, but I have noticed that I have become EXTREMELY nauseated all the time.  I haven't had to deal with that in quite awhile!  I inquired about it, and was told "Oh, it couldn't POSSIBLY be that, it can't make you nauseous".  So this week, when I set up my drug box, I left the Proscar out.  So far, I have had ZERO nausea.  I wish I had a doctor (as I did for 18 yrs) who would LISTEN to what I say, and take me seriously.   As it is now, I am almost 'afraid' to bring up problems, because they are going to try to paint me as a hypochondriac, or a doddering old fool.  So I mainly keep my mouth shut.   Right now, I would like a referral to an ENT, for these HUGE knots/lymph nodes in my throat and neck, that aggravate me quite a bit most days.  But I've already been told "oh everybody has a sore throat, it's allergies".   ::)

HUGS TO ALL, hope you're having a good summer!

Alan

Offline AlanBama

« Reply #67 on: October 12, 2014, 12:16:16 pm »
this is my THIRD attempt to post; twice I have typed up a long post, then for some reason it disappears....spooky.

I have a malignant tumor in the base of my tongue.   Not sure how much lymph node involvement.   It's been a rough few days; left hospital after biopsy surgery without having peed; had to go to ER that night, sat for over 3 hours before I could get catheterized.  Pure agony.

Thanks for your thoughts and prayers.  I will let y'all know what is going on, or will have Jeff post on my behalf.

LOVE, Alan

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #68 on: October 12, 2014, 12:20:28 pm »
Alan has had a very rough few weeks and my heart goes out to him and his partner Layne.
They both have been handling this tough diagnosis like champs but I am happy that he has posted so his forum family can offer support as well . Love you guys ! 
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Offline Wade

• Global Moderator
« Reply #69 on: October 12, 2014, 12:48:34 pm »
Hi Alan,
You have every bit of good energy I can muster up sent your way,
My thoughts and prayers are with you and yours, you are very brave.
I hope you get some encouraging news soon .   
   All My Best , Wade

HIV 101 - Basics
 HIV 101
 HIV Testing
 HIV TasP
 HIV prevention
 PEP and PrEP

Offline leatherman

• Global Moderator
  • Google and HIV meds are Your Friends
« Reply #70 on: October 12, 2014, 01:48:29 pm »
hugs and kisses, Alan.
best wishes persevering through yet more issues  :-*
leatherman (aka Michael)

We were standing all alone
You were leaning in to speak to me
Acting like a mover shaker
Dancing to Madonna then you kissed me
And I think about it all the time
- Darren Hayes, "Chained to You"

Offline J.R.E.

« Reply #71 on: October 12, 2014, 02:11:28 pm »

Hang in there Alan,... We're keeping you in our thoughts !

Ray

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline deibster

« Reply #72 on: October 12, 2014, 07:13:40 pm »
We're pulling for you Alan.
 Sending prayers & positive energy your way.
  Big Hugs from Provincetown, Deiby
Poz since Dec 1992. Meds since 1995. Disability since 2005. Constantly fighting the Lipodystrophy 'beer gut.'

Prezista/Norvir, Epzicom, Cytomel, Prevacid, Coumadin, pravastatin, Fenofibrate, Remeron, Zoloft, Concerta, Flomax, Allegra180, Nasacort, Centrum, Flax Oil, Fish Oil

Offline mitch777

« Reply #73 on: October 12, 2014, 07:49:39 pm »
You will be in my daily thoughts Alan. Hoping along with you for some better news to come. Hang in there.

Hugs,
Mark

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #74 on: October 13, 2014, 07:26:07 am »
Hey Alan, I hope that turns out OK for you and will be thinking of you.

David

Offline wolfter

« Reply #75 on: October 13, 2014, 08:35:08 am »
You're definitely in my thoughts and I hope this nightmare ends soon.

take care of yourselves.

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #76 on: October 14, 2014, 10:02:14 am »
Wow Alan. I am so, so sorry you're going through this. I am definitely keeping you and your partner in my thoughts and prayers. You are always such a huge supporter for everyone else here, I hope we can reciprocate.  Take care of yourself sweetie, be gentle. I love you, Betty
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

Offline AlanBama

« Reply #77 on: October 15, 2014, 03:18:38 pm »
Thanks guys, and Betty -- Love you too, honey.

I'm doing o.k., my throat's pretty wacked right now, from the biopsies.   Taking liquid hydrocodone, which to me, doesn't do a lot...and am back at work.

My next visit with the oncologist is Oct 23rd.  By then, ALL biopsy results should be in, and my case will have come before the "Tumor Board" at UAB, where they will plan out the best strategy for treatment.   The doctor did mention surgery and radiation, either one or both.  Will know more a week from tomorrow.

Thanks for your prayers and concerns.

Love & hugs, Alan

Offline OneTampa

• "Butterflies are free."
« Reply #78 on: October 15, 2014, 05:12:42 pm »
Alan,

Just want to give you my best wishes.

Take care of yourself.

OT
"He is my oldest child. The shy and retiring one over there with the Haitian headdress serving pescaíto frito."

Offline Buckmark

• Would you like to tie me up with your ties, Ty?
    • Henry's Home Page
« Reply #79 on: October 15, 2014, 06:40:18 pm »
Alan,

I'm so sorry you're having to go through this.  I know first-hand that treatment for cancer isn't fun, neither chemo nor radiation nor surgery.  But you can get through it.  And every cancer is different -- I have a friend who had BOT cancer, and just got his second "all clear" a few days ago, and he still has his complete tongue.

I'm glad a board of physicians will be reviewing your case, and particularly your biopsies.  I wish I had gotten a second opinion right off the bat, as my cancer turned out to be a slightly different variant than my oncologist thought.  It was only by luck that I still received the right treatment.  The biopsies and the pathology work on them are so, so important to getting the right diagnosis, and thus the right treatment.

Don't be afraid to ask questions of your doctor(s), including what other treatment regimens they might consider.  It's your body, your decision.  You're fortunate to have your partner at your side as you go through this.  I'll be thinking of you and praying for you.

Hugs,

Henry
"Life in Lubbock, Texas, taught me two things:
     One is that God loves you and you're going to burn in hell.
     The other is that sex is the most awful, filthy thing on earth and you should save it for someone you love."
- Butch Hancock, Musician, The Flatlanders

Offline AlanBama

« Reply #80 on: October 16, 2014, 03:38:01 pm »
Thanks, OT and Henry, I appreciate it guys!

I'll take all the prayers/ positive thoughts/ good vibes/ good energy I can get!

Waiting today to see if I can get a refill on my liquid hydrocodone for pain; now that they've made it a giant pain in the ass to try to get some pain meds.  They will have to mail me a written Rx, as we have no plans to return to Birmingham until the appointment next Thursday.

HUGS -- Alan

Offline Theyer

• Current ambition. Walk the Dog .
« Reply #81 on: October 20, 2014, 08:15:20 am »
Oh Alan Buggerthemoorhenandfucktheduck I am sorry to read your news. Hope you very quickly get things going so drug availability is not a problem and the care and treatment you need is as loving and easy as Possible. Keep posting lots off love
Michael
"If we can find the money to kill people, we can find the money to help people ."  Tony Benn

Offline AlanBama

« Reply #82 on: October 22, 2014, 02:46:25 pm »
thanks Michael.

Tomorrow is "D Day", so I should have something to report after that.

HUGS,
Alan

Offline mitch777

« Reply #83 on: October 22, 2014, 05:35:36 pm »
Best wishes from me to you tomorrow Alan.

Offline AlanBama

« Reply #84 on: October 24, 2014, 10:03:23 am »
Hello!

Just wanted to let you all know what is going on:   We went to the throat surgeon yesterday; they hit us with so much information, we were overwhelmed and just stunned.    Through all of it, I think we have come up with a plan.

If things go as scheduled, I will have TORS (trans oral robotic surgery) on Nov 7th.   If they are unable to clearly removed the tumor with the robot, they will STOP and pull out.

At this point, the other option was for them to split my jawbone open between my center bottom teeth, and fold back the right side, so they could have access to the tongue; then, remove the tumor, and try to 'rebuild' the tongue, from tissue from my arm or stomach.   I just would not agree to this; I can imagine that after something like that, I would never be "right" again.   It's just too drastic.

I am not 100% clear on this, but I think that then I will go through 7-8 weeks of radiation, every day, along with chemo.
What I'm not clear on, is if they DO successfully remove the tumor, will the length of time be less for radiation....or will it be the same either way?

I will be seeing the Radiation Oncologist, Dr. Sharon Spencer of UAB as soon as they can work me in.   I will know a lot more about the chemo/radiation portion of my treatment after I see her.

My prayer now is that they can successfully remove the tumor robotically on Nov 7th.

Will keep you all posted.   Thanks again for your prayers, concerns, and positive thoughts.

LOVE --   Alan

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #85 on: October 24, 2014, 10:28:58 am »
You and Layne will be in thoughts daily . I do appreciate the updates . 
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Offline wolfter

« Reply #86 on: October 24, 2014, 11:02:04 am »
OH Alan, simply can't express appropriate sentiments.  You will definitely be in my thoughts and I'm sending the most powerful positive thoughts I can muster.

Take care of yourself and know you're in many peoples' thoughts.

huge ole hugs
greg

Offline aztecan

« Reply #87 on: October 26, 2014, 04:26:37 pm »
Alan, dear friend, I am sorry I have been absent during part of this.
You know I will be sending all the prayers and positive, healing energy that I can muster for you.

(((((HUGS))))

Mark

Offline mitch777

« Reply #88 on: October 26, 2014, 05:42:30 pm »
Still thinking of you Alan and I hope all goes terrific on the 7th.
More hugs!

Offline Buckmark

• Would you like to tie me up with your ties, Ty?
    • Henry's Home Page
« Reply #89 on: October 26, 2014, 10:19:33 pm »
Alan,

Undoubtedly you have been overloaded with information.  I'm glad you've been given  options for treatment, and are choosing the one that is right for you.  Don't be afraid to ask all the questions you need.  I'll be thinking of you, and praying for a successful result on November 7th.

Hugs,

Henry
"Life in Lubbock, Texas, taught me two things:
     One is that God loves you and you're going to burn in hell.
     The other is that sex is the most awful, filthy thing on earth and you should save it for someone you love."
- Butch Hancock, Musician, The Flatlanders

Offline AlanBama

« Reply #90 on: October 30, 2014, 01:34:44 pm »
Met with the radiation oncologist yesterday; I like her very much; she was my partner's doctor when he had radiation in 2006-2007.   I am most likely looking at 7 straight weeks of radiation.   She told me it will be very tough; taste buds will be 'killed' as well as saliva glands....so I'm going to be basically on a strictly liquid diet after about the 3rd week.   We'll be cranking up the blender I suppose!   I will have a GT tube, so my meds will be crushed up and delivered via the tube.   Details have NOT been discussed at all with us (who crushes up the pills?  pharmacy?  us?)  I will have a tracheostomy for a day or two, after surgery, to make certain my airway is clear and working properly.

It's just SO MUCH to digest.   My saint of a brother has announced to us that we are to NOT worry about money during this ordeal; he will pay for anything we need.   How lucky and blessed am I to have that?

I fought a LOT of medical problems, in the 90's.  Of course, I was a lot younger then!   But I think I can still do it.  Thanks for the prayers and concerns, they are much appreciated.

HUGS -- Alan

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #91 on: October 30, 2014, 04:52:46 pm »
Alan ... you will be in my thoughts . I saw this earlier and could not bring myself to post but please know I love you guys . It is allot to digest and words fail me . Hugs .
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #92 on: October 31, 2014, 07:51:51 am »
Alan, I am so sorry to read this. Of course you will be in my thoughts and prayers. I love you! 

Offline aztecan

« Reply #93 on: October 31, 2014, 06:16:59 pm »
Alan, you know you will be in my thoughts and prayers.

From experience I have had, you probably will be the one crushing the pills.

You are stronger than you know. We will be there for you as well.

HUGS,

Mark

Offline mitch777

« Reply #94 on: November 01, 2014, 03:02:57 pm »

You are in my thoughts Alan. I guess you just have to take things as they come. You can do this!

Hugs,
Mark

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #95 on: November 09, 2014, 02:14:33 pm »
I just spoke with Layne, Alan's husband and texted with Alan . Alan asked me to update his his thread and let you guys know that he made it through the 6 hour + surgery and is recuperating at UAB hospital in Birmingham Alabama . Alan will be in the hospital a little longer than anticipated due to the surgeons having to remove a significant amount of tissue that was interwoven in the lymph nodes in his neck . He said I could post pics of the after surgery but I am not too good at posting pics as you guys might know .

Alan wont mind me saying since you would have seen the pics and thought the same ... Alan has a long road to recovery, the pics are a bit heartbreaking but I know he will heal in time and the scars will fade, I know Alan and he is determined to fight through this and get well . I hope you guys join me in letting Alan know we are here for him and sending positive thoughts and get well wishes .   
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Offline mitch777

« Reply #96 on: November 09, 2014, 04:26:54 pm »
Thanks for the update Jeff. My heart goes out to Alan and Layne. My thoughts will be with them until his full recovery.

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #97 on: November 09, 2014, 04:38:10 pm »
Alan is tough . He was texting me to see how I was feeling, that is the kind of guy he is . He is laying up in the Hospital cut ear to ear and he is sending out text asking me about my prostate infection . Tough but a sweetheart all the same and always a gentleman .
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #98 on: November 09, 2014, 05:15:03 pm »
Yeah, I got an email from Alan with the after surgery pic.  But I am not good at posting pics either. 

Just continual thoughts with Alan and Layne.  As Jeff said, it's going to be a long road for Alan.  Such a tough man, my heart goes out, definitely.

Offline J.R.E.

« Reply #99 on: November 09, 2014, 08:16:12 pm »
Dear Alan,..

Believe me when I say, you have so much support , from all the forums members.! But I think you already know that.

Ed and I continue to keep you in our thoughts, and wish you a very speedy recovery.

Hang in there Alan ( Hugs)  -----Ray

72 YEARS YOUNG

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.