Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:22:19 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772945
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 377
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 344
Total: 346

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: In a dark time tunnel of six weeks.  (Read 30980 times)

Offline RapidRod

Re: In a dark time tunnel of six weeks.
« Reply #50 on: February 19, 2007, 08:58:20 am »
See your doctor.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #51 on: February 19, 2007, 09:08:00 am »
hb,

You have blown this out of all sense of proportion. You did not have a risk for hiv infection. If there are things going on with your body that worry you, go see your doctor.

Please read the posting guidelines and take not of where it says:
Anyone who continues to post excessively, questioning a conclusive negative result or no-risk situation, will be subject to a four week Time Out (a temporary ban from the Forums). The purpose of a Time Out is to encourage you to seek the face-to-face help we cannot provide on this forum.

Please consider yourself warned.

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline hblaw

• Don't Worry
« Reply #52 on: February 20, 2007, 07:54:17 pm »
Ann and others, sorry for this, but my symptoms seem to clear up during the past two days. My nightsweat suddenly stopped the day before (after 12 days), and I don't feel headache anymore. It's terrible to think of it. My joint aches/muscles pain still exist. The timing is so perfect that I cannot think of other things. - You said that my situation is a NO risk situation - but I may be the first one to break it (I am afraid so). I can have it confirmed soon anyway.
Between Day 5 and Day 30, I got (i) myalgia and athralgia (including but not limited to fingers, wrists, elbows, knees, and ankles), (ii) mild fever, (iii) oral ulcer, (iv) nightsweat, (v) sore throat, and (vi) diarrhea.  I got everything book ARS. I had sex with HIV+ woman.
---------------
Recent test: Day 41 1/2 Neg ELISA 3rd generation

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #53 on: February 20, 2007, 08:07:29 pm »
Guess you didn't read the warning Ann gave to you.

Offline hblaw

• Don't Worry
« Reply #54 on: February 20, 2007, 08:12:13 pm »
SORRY!SORRY!
Between Day 5 and Day 30, I got (i) myalgia and athralgia (including but not limited to fingers, wrists, elbows, knees, and ankles), (ii) mild fever, (iii) oral ulcer, (iv) nightsweat, (v) sore throat, and (vi) diarrhea.  I got everything book ARS. I had sex with HIV+ woman.
---------------

Offline hblaw

• Don't Worry
« Reply #55 on: February 23, 2007, 03:47:02 am »
I really don't want to disturb you. Everybody here is so nice and enduring.

But my symptoms are really frightening. They are not sever for normal people but is really frightening since they happen at this time. On my 28th day, I got an oral ulcer, see picture 1 attached. It is not very clear but this ulcer is red with thin white rim. I got it from nowhere (not painful now), and I don't even know when it started. And my lips remain chapped (shown in second picture) with underlining blood spot since week 2. Got a soar throat three days ago (not persisitent, but one time after another).

Please help! :'(

[attachment deleted by admin]
---------------

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #56 on: February 23, 2007, 06:41:19 am »
hb,

If your symptoms are so frightening, why are you sitting at your computer instead of your doctor's office? Go see your doctor. We cannot diagnose you over the internet, no matter how many photos you post.

You didn't have a risk. Your condom slipped of when your removed your penis from the other person's body. You were protected while you were inside. Next time, hold on to the condom as you withdraw - like you're supposed to - and you won't have this kind of worry.

You did not have a risk.

Go see your doctor about what's troubling you.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline hblaw

• Don't Worry
« Reply #57 on: February 23, 2007, 07:19:10 am »
Ann,

Although from my description you and other moderators are certain that I don't have risk, in front of so many symptoms, how can you be so sure that there might be some accident? These symptoms don't generate any doubt at all? The only thing that makes me feel a bit relaxed is that I haven't had any fever higher than 38C, which according to studies is quite universal among symptomatic seroconversion. Thank you for your advice and tolerance. I am really frightened, sorry for distrubance.

Best Regards,
bh
---------------

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #58 on: February 23, 2007, 08:57:27 am »
hb,

One more time, go to your doctor. There are many other, much more likely causes to your symptoms. We cannot diagnose you. Only a face-to-face meeting with a doctor can accomplish that.

As a sexually active person, you should be having regular sexual health check ups. If you're that worried about hiv, go test at the appropriate time. Just don't be surprised when you get a negative result - provided you've always used condoms, no matter who you're with.

There's nothing else we can do for you here.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline hblaw

• Don't Worry
« Reply #59 on: February 23, 2007, 09:43:30 pm »
Got blood drawn today. Asked the doctor what is going on with my mouth and he said that he is uncertain of the cause. He also examined my lymph nodes and told me that they are a bit swollen (side of my necks). He also told me not to worry until I get the test result. - So I shall wait for another day. Sleepless day. Praying for a negative. It is 30 days' test. - If it is negative, does it have some weight? I heard that it is 95% accurate, is it true?
---------------

Offline hblaw

• Don't Worry
Anyone has thought of disappearing after poz?
« Reply #60 on: February 24, 2007, 04:56:30 am »
I am thinking about it... ... if my test turn out to be positive. (Not going to desert, but disappear from old circle).  Any idea? (To begin with, from family/girlfriend/work/etcetc).

BR,
bh
---------------

Offline Miss Philicia

• celebrity poster, faker & poser
Re: Anyone has thought of disappearing after poz?
« Reply #61 on: February 24, 2007, 06:23:16 am »
Sounds like a very rash decision and not to be taken lightly.  We often dream of making "big moves" when something really reeking of "major crisis" but from what I read that's the WORST time to do such things, because we're often not thinking clearly or rationally.

Care to elaborate on what's driving your thinking in this direction?
"I’ve slept with enough men to know that I’m not gay"

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #62 on: February 24, 2007, 06:59:46 am »
His test is not going to be positive, he lost his condom on withdraw.

Offline twofires

• Artists Farm
« Reply #63 on: February 24, 2007, 11:26:13 am »
having burned a few bridges myself, I would say testing Poz is not worth it.

perhaps some few others in  your life may burn their own bridge, but then its their problem they can't deal with

its not like you are being relocated to Mars and will never see your people again - and probably your people would be very pissed at you for thinking they could not accept you regardless

its nice to have people

for that matter relocating also sucks because it takes awhile to meet new people
« Last Edit: February 24, 2007, 11:39:57 am by twofires »
Who was it wrote; Give any one species too much rope and they'll fuck it up?
-Roger Waters

Offline Bucko

• You need a shine, missy!
« Reply #64 on: February 24, 2007, 01:33:42 pm »
I am thinking about it... ... if my test turn out to be positive. (Not going to desert, but disappear from old circle).  Any idea? (To begin with, from family/girlfriend/work/etcetc).

BR,
bh

That kind of self-loathing is a form of punishment one inflicts on oneself before a poz status is determined. Happily it becomes less relevent following a poz diagnosis, as one rushes into the supportive arms of one's circle.

But, as Rod has said, this is just another gruesome brainfart by a worried well and need not detain us.

Brent
(Who was there himself once upon a time)
Blessed with brains, talent and gorgeous tits.

Blathering on AIDSmeds since 2005, provocative from birth

Offline Boo Radley

• Not a "real man" and damn proud, mithter... FAB
    • Animal Rescue New Orleans
« Reply #65 on: February 24, 2007, 01:47:29 pm »
If by "disappearing" you mean suicide lots of people think of that but luckily very few go through with it.  Testing poz is not the end of one's life.

If you mean literally disappearing and moving to a place no one knows you that's not a very good idea.  As philly said it's not a good time to be making life-changing decisions because testing poz is a major life-changing event. 

Once you test negative you can disappear from these forums unless you have a loved one who is poz!

Cheers!

Boo

String up every aristocrat!
Out with the priests and let them live on their fat!

Everything I do, say, think, excrete, secrete, exude, ooze, or write © 2007 Sweet Old Boo, Inc.

Offline ManISOMan

« Reply #66 on: February 24, 2007, 03:25:47 pm »
Hello, just my two cents.....................but, if you've already got a "circle,"  I'd give them a chance and see if they remain your "circle."

I really didn't have a "circle" when I found out.  I knew a lot of people since I had been a bartender, but that doesn't mean you have a lot of friends, if any.

The ironic things is, the manager of one of my jobs was also positive and I didn't find out until I had moved away.  We could have supported each other, but I guess we both were hesitant about telling the other.  Of course, it's the kind of thing you don't know how people will react when they know their bartender is positive.............will I be fired........will they want to buy a drink from me.....all of those thoughts. 

So, while we all may make suggestions to you and tell you not to pull away............we are not familiar with all of the circumstances.  And, I think it is natural, for some people, to want to isolate themselves in the beginning for various reasons.   

I wish you well!  And don't forget the old adage, "if they are really your friend, then they will remain your friend, otherwise, they weren't really your friend in the first place."

Scott

Offline ScooterTrash

« Reply #67 on: February 24, 2007, 04:27:26 pm »
Were you considering leaving this circle of people before? Or is this based soley on your possible poz status?
My $.02... It's one of the worst decisions you could make.
They don't all need to be informed rite away, and when you do tell them you may well find out how much they do or don't love you. IMHO, living with this disease can be lonely at times. And you may find yourself in a very dark place. For many of us, the ones who are close to us are the reason we are here. And they may be the ones who pull you from the darkness.
If you were previously considering it, make a list. On one side list the pros. On the other; the cons. Look at the list and see which colum is longer.
*Wishing you luck*

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #68 on: February 24, 2007, 06:21:13 pm »
HB, we don't like to go into "what ifs" here. How about living in the present!

The likelihood is that you're going to test negative.

In the unlikely event that you test positive how about we deal with matters then.

In the meantime stay productively busy and the waiting time until you get tested will pass more quickly than you can imagine at this moment.

Good luck with your test.
Andy Velez

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #69 on: February 24, 2007, 06:35:07 pm »
hb,

I've merged your new thread into your original thread - where you should post all your additional thoughts or questions. It helps us to help you when you keep all your additional thoughts or questions in one thread.

You posted the "Anyone thought of disappearing" thread in Off Topic. Off Topic is not for the subject of hiv. That's why it's called OFF TOPIC. If you want to discuss hiv, do so in this thread.

If you need help finding your thread when you come here, click on the "Show own posts" link under your name in the left-hand column of any forum page.

Please also read through the Welcome Thread so you can familiarize yourself with our Forum Posting Guidelines. Thank you for your cooperation.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline hblaw

• Don't Worry
« Reply #70 on: February 24, 2007, 08:48:29 pm »
Thanks for all your comments! Yes. That may be the worst decision if I test positive. But with that major change in life, if this unlikely event happens, how do you kill the transition period? ... ?
---------------

Offline hblaw

• Don't Worry
« Reply #71 on: February 25, 2007, 03:54:23 am »
Hi all,

Tested neg with enzyme-link 3rd generation at 29 1/2 days. What's my prospect of neg in 6 weeks? I am a little relieved. If not for my swollen lymph nodes on my neck and my mouth ulcer (and my continued muscle/joint pain), I may be more relaxed. Thanks a lot!!!

Best Regards,
Huang Bo
« Last Edit: February 25, 2007, 03:57:00 am by hblaw »
---------------

Offline hblaw

• Don't Worry
« Reply #72 on: February 28, 2007, 09:34:16 am »
Now at my fifth week mark. Still get myalgia/athralgia ... Oral ulcer for one week (it is said that more than 2 week warrants medical attention)... scratchy throat ... neck pain. What should I expect in my next test? I want a six week ELISA, is that going to be negative again? Praying praying. What's the meaning of my 29 day test? It is an ELISA 3rd generation test...
---------------

Offline ACinKC

• Bring it VIRUS! #2 Ranked In-crowd Member!
« Reply #73 on: February 28, 2007, 10:52:57 am »
Pray all you want.  You didnt have a risk.  Try and cut back on the drama, it isnt helping your state of mind.
LIFE is not a race to the grave with the intention of arriving safely
in a pretty and well-preserved body, but, rather to skid in broadside,
thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming--WOW! WHAT A
RIDE!!!

Offline hblaw

• Don't Worry
« Reply #74 on: March 02, 2007, 09:49:53 am »
AC, thanks. I know that I may be too concerned. But I have read multiple times that even mutual masturbation with sermen or vaginal fluids may pose some risk of HIV transmission. And I didn't wash after ten minutes and her vaginal fluids may stick on my penis.  I have been too careless at that moment. Also I got replies in some other forums that my action did have risk of HIV transmission (condom slippage).

I got pain in my groin, back of leg and back of my neck today. Very very strange (seems my myalgia/athralgia worsened). My oral ulcer healed after almost 10 days, and my throat is getting worse.

All these aside, can anyone tell me:
1. Whether a 3rd generation ELISA at Day 29 is considered promising independent of any risk factors?
2. Whether ARS can happen after Day 28 (and one by one rather than simultaneously)?

Thanks!
« Last Edit: March 02, 2007, 09:57:59 am by hblaw »
---------------

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #75 on: March 02, 2007, 09:58:20 am »
But I have read multiple times that even mutual masturbation with sermen or vaginal fluids may pose some risk of HIV transmission.

hb,

You didn't read that here - because mutual masturbation is NOT a risk! I don't care what out-dated websites say or what websites funded by religious groups say - it isn't a risk. If it were, we'd tell you. Why would we lie?

You can believe whoever you want to believe. However, you will not be allowed to continue posting about this no risk event. If you ever bothered to read the Welcome thread like you're supposed to, you would have seen this:

Anyone who continues to post excessively, questioning a conclusive negative result or no-risk situation, will be subject to a four week Time Out (a temporary ban from the Forums). The purpose of a Time Out is to encourage you to seek the face-to-face help we cannot provide on this forum.

Please consider yourself warned.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline hblaw

• Don't Worry
« Reply #76 on: March 07, 2007, 09:32:16 pm »
I am going to get my 6 week test done tomorrow... What do you think the result will be?  I had 29 1/2 day negative with ELSIA antibody test.  Independent of other factors, how reliable is that test? Say, 80%?  My body pain become worse in the past two weeks and also had some additional symptoms (like oral ulcer and sore throat...), am I late seroconverting? ...

Best Regards,
hb
---------------

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #77 on: March 08, 2007, 05:49:09 am »
hb,

I'm fully expecting your results to remain negative. You used a condom. It doesn't matter that it slipped off when you withdrew, you were protected during the act and that's what matters. You didn't have a risk. And yes, I know you're saying she's positive. It doesn't matter. You didn't have a risk.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline hblaw

• Don't Worry
« Reply #78 on: March 08, 2007, 07:49:21 pm »
NEGATIVE! Don't want to worry anymore. Just a confirmation - is 41 day neg enough?
« Last Edit: March 09, 2007, 11:21:55 am by hblaw »
---------------

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #79 on: March 09, 2007, 11:29:12 am »
Since you didn't need a test, the answer is yes.

Offline hblaw

• Don't Worry
« Reply #80 on: July 01, 2007, 12:28:23 am »
Hey guys/girls, I am back.  I have tested 84 days negative.  Just as I am about to accept it, I started to develop athritis last month (about four months after exposure).  -- bad.  I went to see the doctor and he said all my fingers are involved.  So I started to worry again. :(  Shame to say that I had another exposure (protected oral) last week, which is an act out of anxiety and enhances the anxiety in the same time.

Are these athritis related to HIV!!  Can I relax?
---------------

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #81 on: July 01, 2007, 12:56:11 am »
Move on, it's not an HIV concern. You have your negative result.

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
« Reply #82 on: July 01, 2007, 01:20:29 am »
Listen Chuckles,

You need to cut the crap and read our Welcome Thread. Not just the lessons on HIV transmission but the section which explains what happens to those who question persistently their negative results.

Protected oral sex does not constitute an "exposure" to anything other than genitals covered in latex. It's time you got some help from a mental health professional.

MtD

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #83 on: July 01, 2007, 07:15:36 am »
hb,

You say you had sex with an hiv positive woman - so does my partner, every chance he gets. He remains hiv negative because we use condoms. They prevent hiv infection for us and they will do for everyone else too.

You have not had a risk for hiv infection. Continue using condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse and you will continue to avoid hiv infection. It really is that simple! Re-read the three condom and lube links in my signature line for a refresher on how to use them.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.