Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 04:29:09 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37649
  • Latest: MSB92
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773274
  • Total Topics: 66346
  • Online Today: 390
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 361
Total: 363

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: ADAP Watch List Updates January 2012  (Read 5503 times)

Offline leatherman

• Global Moderator
  • Google and HIV meds are Your Friends
ADAP Watch List Updates January 2012
« on: January 19, 2012, 04:07:28 pm »
ADAPs with Waiting Lists as of January 12, 2012
4,717 individuals in 12 states

STATEAMOUNTCHANGE
Alabama47-44
Florida1,301+135
Georgia1,275-12
Idaho6-3
Louisiana**628+27
Montana11-2
Nebraska17+2
North Carolina126+1
Ohio00
South Carolina1640
Utah320
Virginia1,110+7

ADAP Jan. 13h Watch List
**Louisiana has a capped enrollment on their program. This number is a representation of their current unmet need.
leatherman (aka Michael)

We were standing all alone
You were leaning in to speak to me
Acting like a mover shaker
Dancing to Madonna then you kissed me
And I think about it all the time
- Darren Hayes, "Chained to You"

Offline SANJUANDUDE

Re: ADAP Watch List Updates January 2012
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2012, 07:11:14 pm »
Interesting!!!!  How did Florida clear nearly 2500 people from their waiting list, which at one time was bordering 4000.  I spoke with my ADAP group here in NY and they told me less than a month ago that Florida has over 3000 on their waiting list.

http://timehasshownme.com
10/2011-CD-4-598-Undetectable
01/2012-CD-4-758-Undetectable
04/2012-CD$-780-70 Viral Load
08-2012-CD4-846--20 viral load
02/2013-CD$ 865----20 Undetectable Viral Load
08/2013- CD4-898----<20 undetectable viral load

Offline leatherman

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2012, 07:36:18 pm »
federal funds for the current fiscal year and emergency relief funds were released
as was mentioned the in the December ADAP update thread
Tom Liberti, chief of the state’s Bureau  of HIV/AIDS, explained during the webinar that Ryan White federal funds that added up to almost $9 million dollars and $6.9 million in federal emergency relief funds allowed the Bureau to reduce the state’s ADAP waiting list.
http://floridaindependent.com/59099/adap-wait-list-numbers-drop
leatherman (aka Michael)

Offline leatherman

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2012, 08:36:07 am »
ADAPs with Waiting Lists as of January 26, 2012
4,774 individuals in 12 states

STATEAMOUNTCHANGE
Alabama78+19
Florida1,204+95
Georgia1,320-28
Idaho4-1
Louisiana**671+23
Montana110
Nebraska23+5
North Carolina136+6
Ohio00
South Carolina224+50
Utah0-4
Virginia1,103-2

ADAP Jan. 27h Watch List
**Louisiana has a capped enrollment on their program. This number is a representation of their current unmet need.
leatherman (aka Michael)

Offline SANJUANDUDE

« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2012, 04:00:52 pm »
Please explain to me what it means if they have "capped enrollment."  Does it mean if I pop up in Louisiana, establish residency by obtaining a driver's license and registering to vote, I will not be able to receive ADAP at this time.  How about Ryan White..??  From what I understand, that is separate monies.  ADAP is only for medications.  Here in New York ADAP pays for an awful lot of medicines, such as:  cario medicines, certain vitamins and supplements, insulin, HIV meds (of course), Valtrex, lots of stuff.  I could still go to an ASO in Shreveport, for example, but just not be eligible for meds.

http://timehasshownme.com
10/2011-CD-4-598-Undetectable
01/2012-CD-4-758-Undetectable
04/2012-CD$-780-70 Viral Load
08-2012-CD4-846--20 viral load
02/2013-CD$ 865----20 Undetectable Viral Load
08/2013- CD4-898----<20 undetectable viral load

Offline leatherman

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2012, 05:13:33 pm »
Please explain to me what it means if they have "capped enrollment."  Does it mean if I pop up in Louisiana, establish residency by obtaining a driver's license and registering to vote, I will not be able to receive ADAP at this time.
Technically if you went into any state that currently has a waiting list, you would not receive ADAP; but they would add you name to a list (if you qualified in that state) to receive ADAP if and when funds became available. LA hasn't just quit awarding ADAP but they don't even keep an ordered list of people waiting for assistance.

How about Ryan White..??  From what I understand, that is separate monies.  ADAP is only for medications.
as a component of Ryan White, ADAP only deals with medications. Other RW funding is handled separately.

Here in New York ADAP pays for an awful lot of medicines, such as:  cario medicines, certain vitamins and supplements, insulin, HIV meds (of course), Valtrex, lots of stuff.
some states have implemented other cost containment methods (besides or in conjunction with the waiting lists) that limit ADAP funds to only HAART medications and no other auxiliary meds. Other cost containment methods include reducing eligibility to less than 300% FPL. Some states have even considered the extreme cost containment method of making eligibility based upon viral load/cd4 counts.

Although ADAP is part of RW and partially funded by the federal government, it is a state-run program so every state, depending on their budget, can implement whatever cost containment methods their legislature passes (FPL eligibility, which meds to cover, which health/lab guideline to follow), along with funding it with state money at whatever level they want. (however, under-funding does have the negative effect of reducing the federal contribution in the following fiscal year budget).

Anyone receiving ADAP considering moving into another state should always check into whether they will still receive assistance after they move (as an aside, food stamp amounts can also vary from state to state)
leatherman (aka Michael)

Offline leatherman

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2012, 05:15:30 pm »
the Feb 2012 ADAP numbers are out now:
http://forums.poz.com/index.php?topic=41783
leatherman (aka Michael)

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.