Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 07:30:48 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37651
  • Latest: Toropi_
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773288
  • Total Topics: 66348
  • Online Today: 571
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 560
Total: 560

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: About test!!  (Read 8334 times)

Offline nguoiyeudoi

About test!!
« on: September 02, 2007, 11:42:50 am »
Dear all,

I am from Vietnam and I have problem now, please help me.

46 days ago (more than 6 weeks) , I had sex with sex worker. I did use condom, but had a big mistake.
The first shot (with condom) was excellent. When I did the second (with the new condom), long period (about 15 minutes), but couldn't ejaculate. I requested her to do hand job for me.
Unfortunately, my stupid head forgot to remove the condom. She did hand job out side the condom about 1 minute (of course, there was vaginal fluid on her hand, i don't know it was less or more fluid). After that, suddenly she removed the condom, continued hand job with that hand.

When she did it in about 5 or 10 seconds, I discovered and stopped it immediately, went to the toilet and washed the penis. The toilet was so far, so that it took me about 2 minutes to start washing.

I think it is very high risk!!

The 5th day after "0" date, I had vomit, anorexia (in about 3, 4 days), light fever (about 37~37.5 degrees celsius) in several days, headache.
After that, I had muscle pain, dry cough til now.

All symptoms have come suddenly and I have never met before. That makes me feel worried.

I know it is necessary to wait at least 3 months to be tested. But big worry made me to take 2 tests at the 3rd week and the 5th week (37th day). They were both ELISA LENTIVIR, and both negative.

I did the tests at Pasteur Institute of Ho Chi Minh City. I don't know how soon the labs technology of Vietnam can detect antibodies?

I want to know about the average time of developing antibodies (I am 25 years old and healthy)?

I want to ask about my behavior. Was it a high risk? How many percents can I feel free with my test results?

I read lots of information on the internet and I am confused now. Some websites said the average time is 2-4 week, or 4-6 week or 6-8 week.

I know, in your countries, the labs technology is modernest, so it is easy to detect the antibodies within 4 week. But I don't know about the sensitivity of labs technology in Vietnam.

Thank you so much for reading my problem

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
Re: Please help me!!!!
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2007, 12:24:05 pm »
ng,

You don't need further testing. You ARE hiv negative. You didn't have a risk with the sex worker.

Hiv is primarily transmitted INSIDE the human body, as in unprotected anal or vaginal intercourse. You wore a condom during intercourse so you were protected against hiv.

It does NOT matter that she touched your penis with vaginal fluid on her hands. Hiv is NOT transmitted in this way.

You did not have a risk.

You ARE hiv negative.

You do NOT need further testing.

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline nguoiyeudoi

« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2007, 07:35:26 pm »
Dear Ann,

THanks you so much for your reply.

I have a bit problem want to ask you. Would you mind giving me the average of time for developing hiv antibodies? Am I safe with negative test at 37th day (ELISA LENTIVIR)? Now I have a heavy dry cough. It is very strange that I have never met it before.

God bless you!!

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2007, 07:53:32 pm »
Doi,

Most people who test positive will do so at 6 weeks.

As Ann has told you, you are not going to test positive because you didn't place yourself at risk of infection in the first place.

You do not have HIV.

MtD

Offline nguoiyeudoi

« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2007, 11:00:42 pm »
Dear Matty,

Thanks for your reply,

But as you decribe, Most of people will be positive at 6 week (42 days). So that, is my negative result at 37th day reliable? How many percents can I feel free with this?

Must I test after 6 week? Because tomorrow is the 48th day, I may test again. Should I do like that? Please give me an advice.

God bless you!

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2007, 11:07:07 pm »
Doi,

Please listen.

You do not need to test at all. You have not had a risk. You do not have HIV.

MtD

Offline nguoiyeudoi

« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2007, 03:18:18 am »
Dear Matty,

Could you let me know the first symptoms? When does it appear after infection and how long does it extend?

I am worry because some symptoms have come and disappeared suddenly, without reason.

Symptoms appeared for several days and disappeared automatically. That's my problem and makes me feel decline.

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2007, 03:24:28 am »
Doi,

We don't talk about symptoms here because the symptoms some people experience during the first part of HIV infection are no different from any other viral infection. Many people have no symptoms at all.

I know you're having trouble understanding but let me say this again:

You do not have HIV. You used a condom. Condoms stop people from catching HIV.

MtD

Offline nguoiyeudoi

« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2007, 06:32:03 am »
Dear Matty,

Could I talk to you by Yahoo messenger?

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2007, 06:57:01 am »
Dear Matty,

Could I talk to you by Yahoo messenger?

No Doi, you may not.

I only give advice on these matters in this forum, where my answers to your questions can be reviewed for accuracy and appropriateness by other AIDSmeds experts.

Please don't attempt to contact myself or other AIDSmeds experts outside of this thread.

Thank you,

MtD

Offline nguoiyeudoi

« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2007, 09:28:41 pm »
Dear all,

I am so scared, confused now. I have a heavy dry cough. And it is very serious. Is that the symptom?

And also the swollen gland. Please help me. I am so nervous now.

Am I actually safe with the 37th negative result? Some doctors said I should wait at least 3 months for testing.

What should I do now???

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2007, 09:31:07 pm »
See your doctor, this is not an HIV concern.

Offline nguoiyeudoi

« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2007, 10:15:53 pm »
Dear all,

I also had a light fever after possibe exposure 10 days. It extended in several days. And muscle pain, joint pain...

It also make me feel scared.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: September 04, 2007, 10:48:49 pm »
Fortunately feelings aren't facts.

You keep adding this and that as if you have come up with somethng which really makes a difference and confirms a risk that we're telling you that you didn't have.

Now read this slowly and carefully: YOU WERE NOT AT RISK FOR HIV TRANSMISSION. Period. End of story.

So stop with your piling up symptoms. They have nothing to do with HIV. See your doctor if they continue.

This is not an HIV situation and it's past time for you to get on with your life. Really.

Cheers,
Andy Velez

Offline nguoiyeudoi

« Reply #14 on: September 05, 2007, 05:48:13 am »
I have a serious muscle pain today. I don't know why. I always think about hiv.

Please help me. I am going to die now.

I have a big crisis. Am I positive?

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #15 on: September 05, 2007, 06:40:01 am »
Doi,

Everyone is going to die someday.

However, you could NOT possibly be hiv positive from your experience. You did NOT have a risk for hiv infection. Condoms have been PROVEN to prevent hiv transmission.

Your negative results are NOT going to change.

See your doctor about your physical problems. They have nothing to do with hiv.

If you read the Welcome Thread like you're supposed to, you would have read the following posting guideline:

Anyone who continues to post excessively, questioning a conclusive negative result or no-risk situation, will be subject to a four week Time Out (a temporary ban from the Forums). The purpose of a Time Out is to encourage you to seek the face-to-face help we cannot provide on this forum.

Please consider yourself warned.

You did not have a risk for hiv infection.

You ARE hiv negative. Use condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, correctly and consistently, and you will continue to avoid hiv infection. It really is that simple!

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline nguoiyeudoi

« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2007, 12:52:22 pm »

Hiv is primarily transmitted INSIDE the human body, as in unprotected anal or vaginal intercourse. You wore a condom during intercourse so you were protected against hiv.

It does NOT matter that she touched your penis with vaginal fluid on her hands. Hiv is NOT transmitted in this way.

You did not have a risk.

You ARE hiv negative.

You do NOT need further testing.

Ann

Dear Ann,

I read information on some websites and they said that: HIV can not reproduce when go out side the host body. Is it right? And is it the reason why you say that I did not have risk?

I had a Elisa test at 50th day. I will get the result on next Tuesday. I am palpitating now.

Offline nguoiyeudoi

About test!!
« Reply #17 on: September 12, 2007, 09:53:46 pm »
Dear all,

I have just had the Elisa Lentivir test result at 47th day after "0" date. It is negative.

Is it reliable result at 6 week?

Thanks so much for reading.

Offline Matty the Damned

Re: About test!!
« Reply #18 on: September 13, 2007, 01:01:33 am »
Doi,

Please keep all your additional thoughts, questions and comments in your original thread. This helps us to follow your story and give you the most accurate advice.

If you can't find you original thread click on the red link I've provided above. Alternatively you can click on the "show own posts" link in the left hand column of any forums page. Your questions will not be answered until you return to your original thread.

MtD

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #19 on: September 13, 2007, 05:52:28 am »
Doi,

I've merged your new thread into your original thread - where you should post all your additional thoughts or questions. It helps us to help you when you keep all your additional thoughts or questions in one thread.

If you need help finding your thread when you come here, click on the "Show own posts" link under your name in the left-hand column of any forum page.

Please also read through the Welcome Thread so you can familiarize yourself with our Forum Posting Guidelines. Thank you for your cooperation.

Your test is conclusive because you didn't have a risk. You ARE hiv negative and it's time you moved on with your life.

You didn't have a risk, you tested conclusively negative and there's no reason for you to keep coming back to discuss test results. You're hiv negative. Period. End of story.

You are still under a time out warning.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline nguoiyeudoi

« Reply #20 on: September 14, 2007, 09:23:42 pm »
Dear all,

Sorry about my mistake.

About my negative test result after 6 week (47 days), my doctor said that I could be safe up to 80%. Is that the reliable advice? He also asked me to get tested after 3 months for conclusive result.

Have a nice weekend.

God bless you!

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #21 on: September 15, 2007, 05:38:33 am »
Doi,

Your test is conclusive because you didn't have a risk. You ARE hiv negative and it's time you moved on with your life.

You didn't have a risk, you tested conclusively negative and there's no reason for you to keep coming back to discuss test results. You're hiv negative. Period. End of story.

You are still under a time out warning.

Ann

Doi,

You can test all you like over this incident - the results will not change.

This is your FINAL warning. You will be given a time out if you continue to use this forum to wring your hands over a handjob.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline nguoiyeudoi

« Reply #22 on: September 20, 2007, 06:19:10 am »
Dear Ann,

Sorry for excessively post.

I have 1 problem to ask and please let me know.

I heard that visus does not stay active outside its host body. Is it right?

Because I worry about the situation that the sex worker wanted to transmit the virus to me deliberately! But can she do like that?

Once a gain, please forgive my excessively post.

God bless you!

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #23 on: September 20, 2007, 06:33:37 am »
Doi,

You do not have hiv. The sex worker did not attempt to infect you. Hiv is NOT transmitted via handjobs.

I'm giving you that time out I warned you about. It will be for four weeks. Do NOT attempt to create a new account to get around your time out, because if you do, you will be banned permanently, no questions asked.

Handjobs are NOT risks for hiv infection. No way, no how.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.