Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 08:29:33 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37652
  • Latest: Han2024
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773289
  • Total Topics: 66348
  • Online Today: 690
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 629
Total: 630

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: (Unnamed) Hollywood Superstar with HIV?  (Read 17695 times)

Offline Ptrk3

• Global Moderator
(Unnamed) Hollywood Superstar with HIV?
« on: November 02, 2015, 05:18:28 pm »
Speculation aside, a prominent star coming out could help combat stigma, but I do agree that this is a private matter and up to the person affected (presuming story is true) whether to "out" himself.  Time will tell, I suppose, as rumors do tend to spread quickly. 

http://radaronline.com/celebrity-news/hollywood-aids-scare-superstar-desperate-battle/
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
You can read more about Transmission and Risks here:
HIV Transmission and Risks
You can read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
You can read more about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read more about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
You can read more about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
Re: (Unnamed) Hollywood Superstar with HIV?
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2015, 06:05:31 pm »
Sickening story … the way its told also leaves no doubt who they are talking about but sensationalizing this is the worst in poor taste .
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Offline CD4_800

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2015, 06:35:42 pm »
Sickening story … the way its told also leaves no doubt who they are talking about but sensationalizing this is the worst in poor taste .

Charlie?

Offline Joe K

• Standard
  • 31 Years Poz
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2015, 06:45:55 pm »
The author is sadly misinformed regarding HIV transmission as well.  Tattooing and having sex with prostitutes are not high risk activities, like sharing injection tools happens to be.  You would think after 30 years, it would not be hard to tell the truth about HIV infection and stop scaring people over no risk activities.

Joe

Offline terrymoore

« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2015, 08:01:26 pm »
it is articles like this that will keep people in the "dark-ages" regarding our condition. A little bit more responsible reporting can make such a difference...what a shame.

Offline samm2015

« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2015, 09:05:04 pm »
Sensationalizing the medical condition just for the sake of more views is just heinous. the way HIV has been portrayed not only leads astray someone who isn't aware of the condition but makes me doubt everything i learned about it in past couple of weeks.

Offline Denvaux

« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2015, 01:27:29 pm »
The author is sadly misinformed regarding HIV transmission as well.  Tattooing and having sex with prostitutes are not high risk activities, like sharing injection tools happens to be.  You would think after 30 years, it would not be hard to tell the truth about HIV infection and stop scaring people over no risk activities.

Joe

I think the article writer is clearly going out of his way to tell all just who the individual is being spoken of without using a name. Too fearful to name him incase he sues (assuming they are wrong), and pathetically tabloid in their aim to sell news.
Can't say I know too much about the risks associated with tattooing but if it's not a professional I'd lean to the side of caution..as to prostitutes - absolutely most sex workers are very likely ultra careful on the std issue and it's your seeker of sex with prostitutes who is more likely to be high risk; but to suggest that you can't get infected by a call girl is naive....

Offline Joe K

• Standard
  • 31 Years Poz
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2015, 02:46:52 pm »
Can't say I know too much about the risks associated with tattooing but if it's not a professional I'd lean to the side of caution..as to prostitutes - absolutely most sex workers are very likely ultra careful on the std issue and it's your seeker of sex with prostitutes who is more likely to be high risk; but to suggest that you can't get infected by a call girl is naive....

I never said you could not get infected from a sex worker, I just stated that sex with a sex worker is no more high risk that sex with anyone else.  It's not the person you have sex with that matters, it's what you do with them.  Protected intercourse is not a risk, no matter the partner.  It's the same with tattoos, as there is no risk of infection when worked on by a tattoo professional.  But I would guess you knew all of this already.

Joe

Offline Almost2late

« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2015, 12:11:43 pm »
Hey, saw this article on the internets and was pretty shocked at the way and the fucked up opinion of its author..

A question at the end was "do you feel sorry for this actor", is he serious? .. So angry after reading this.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/hollywood-actor-hiv-deserves-everything-6811078

No one deserves this and I mean NO ONE.

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2015, 12:59:08 pm »
I find the whole speculation and sensationalization of this distasteful and unsettling . I cant find a link for it but I read somewhere the other day that the media is trying to slut shame the person in question into disclosing and using stigma and assumptions that the person is engaging in risky sex as an excuse for publishing this in first place . Im taking the rumors this person continues to put people at risk after the diagnosis with a grain of salt … I hate this kind of story. 
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
  • Threads: @jim16309
    • Social Media: Threads
« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2015, 01:13:27 pm »
Hey, saw this article on the internets and was pretty shocked at the way and the fucked up opinion of its author..

A question at the end was "do you feel sorry for this actor", is he serious? .. So angry after reading this.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/hollywood-actor-hiv-deserves-everything-6811078

No one deserves this and I mean NO ONE.

The Mirror rant you linked i also had the misfortune of reading today, it's from Susie Boniface aka "Fleet Street Fox" I feel she should stick to "Twitter" as if I'm honest it has a limited posting length and protects society from people like her. 

Her "rant" i understand has buried under the poison she is spouting some diluted points. However it is outrageous, it's promoting violence, jumping to conclusions and besides making threats is never acceptable. The content overall of her rant is just poison and the headline is in one word "Vile" .

When reading this I said a different word for her  I will not repeat this word as I would most likely be "timed out".  At the end of the day as sick as it is it's her opinion and she is entitled to have it, I am entitled to disagree with her. 

HIV 101 - Everything you need to know
HIV 101
Read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
Read about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
Read about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline Joe K

• Standard
  • 31 Years Poz
« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2015, 02:25:26 pm »
I wonder how Susie Boniface would feel, if someone were to simply infer the same about her, without any shred of evidence.  She is not a journalist in any sense of the word, she's nothing more than a hate-monger who thinks, that by shaming someone, who she most probably knows nothing about, reflects favorably on the noble profession of Journalism.

I have a clue for you Susie, it doesn't reflect anything about journalism, as your tripe is not even worthy of the lowest newspaper rags that litter our planet.  You are a small-minded, mean-spirited human being and your only claim to fame will be that you have no problem stooping to the lowest levels possible to ply your trade.

I hope you are proud of yourself... as you would be the only one who feels that way.

Joe

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2015, 03:54:55 pm »
British media makes me sick, to be honest none of the main stream news papers have done anyone any good by reporting on this topic.

The story factually is "Man may have HIV" "None of our business" But that would not sell any papers so instead we get this dribble splashed on the front pages.

The Mirror publishers seems to be in a world of their own.
The Sun is just utter rubbish and printing hyped dribble as expected.
The Independent story is more focused on reporting that the Sun is hyped dribble.

It's a shame as the list of papers goes on, shame that not one of them could take the opportunity to print something decent and/or educating about the subject.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/6737076/Superstar-Hollywood-womaniser-has-HIV.html

http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/reporting-on-a-hollywood-hiv-panic-like-its-the-1980s-will-only-help-the-virus-spread-a6730261.html

HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #13 on: November 11, 2015, 04:38:59 pm »
I loved news of the weird when I was a kid and wondered why that stuff wasn’t being discussed on the evening news . I refuse to believe that the Tijuana Bat Boy does not exist .
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Offline Ptrk3

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: November 11, 2015, 04:54:51 pm »
Just for you, Jeff, and in time for the Holidays:

http://weeklyworldnews.com/mutants/55493/bat-boy/
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #15 on: November 11, 2015, 05:07:31 pm »
Just for you, Jeff, and in time for the Holidays:

http://weeklyworldnews.com/mutants/55493/bat-boy/

Thanks . I used to have a T shirt with him on it but my ex claims it got lost at the laundry matt … suspicious if you ask me .
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Offline wolfter

« Reply #16 on: November 11, 2015, 06:41:32 pm »
Wow, WVA has the batboy and the mothman.  :) 
Being honest is not wronging others, continuing the dishonesty is.

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #17 on: November 11, 2015, 06:49:05 pm »
Wow, WVA has the batboy and the mothman.  :) 

and so much more !
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Offline wolfter

« Reply #18 on: November 11, 2015, 07:14:19 pm »
and so much more !

I think I could write a script for a Hollywood blockbuster.  Mothman V'S Bathboy; fight of the century. 
Being honest is not wronging others, continuing the dishonesty is.

Offline Almost2late

« Reply #19 on: November 11, 2015, 07:54:09 pm »
I thought Mark Shkreli was the Batboy..

When I first saw Shkreli's story on YouTube, the comments were filled with stuff like "inject him with AIDS" and many more really nasty stuff as how he would contract the virus.. Even though people were on the right side of stigma, I really felt that even this creep doesn't deserve to contract HIV and at times corrected the commenters as to how wrong it was..

Just recently saw another article surfaced and I was brought to a couple of tears but the kind that you get when you realize there's many, many good people out there.. Thank goodness..

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2015/nov/11/hiv-stigma-1980s

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Offline Ptrk3

• Global Moderator
« Reply #21 on: November 16, 2015, 03:22:28 pm »
It was clear from earlier stories that the "star" is Charlie Sheen (he was practically identified).  Now that he will take "charge" of the story, let's hope that much good can come from it and that it doesn't turn into a salacious circus (which it could, unfortunately). 
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #22 on: November 16, 2015, 03:38:02 pm »
As far as I can see he was slut shamed into disclosure . We will probably never know if he was reckless or not so like everyone else living with HIV I give him the assumption he did nothing to be ashamed about. The part of this story I find alarming is that its seems allot of people assume if a person is infected with HIV they deserve it and have probably knowingly endangered others.

HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
« Reply #23 on: November 16, 2015, 04:50:19 pm »
Agree and overall it just seem to me like another case of "Trial by media" a image has now been created of some drug fueled sex crazy star running around infecting people with HIV.  Stories like this that are essentially just gossip about someone's personal life and benefit nobody.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2015, 04:53:33 pm by JimDublin »
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #24 on: November 16, 2015, 05:02:31 pm »
Agree and overall it just seem to me like another case of "Trial by media" a image has now been created of some drug fueled sex crazy star running around infecting people with HIV.  Stories like this that are essentially just gossip about someone's personal life and benefit nobody.

Well said.
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Offline tednlou2

« Reply #25 on: November 16, 2015, 06:03:23 pm »
As far as I can see he was slut shamed into disclosure . We will probably never know if he was reckless or not so like everyone else living with HIV I give him the assumption he did nothing to be ashamed about. The part of this story I find alarming is that its seems allot of people assume if a person is infected with HIV they deserve it and have probably knowingly endangered others.

I've already seen this in the comment sections.  I have done such a great job not reading those-- about politics or anything.  I use to read them and it served no purpose.  But I was curious what would be said about this, so I broke my rule.  Many sorry and hoping he's okay.  But many saying he deserves what he gets.  Most of us have HPV and many passed that on, which caused cervical or other cancers-- causing suffering and death.  It is just amazing to me that HPV is a good kind of STI, while HIV is still something you deserve, should be ashamed, and don't dare even jerkin off with someone, if you have it. 

Offline skeebo1969

« Reply #26 on: November 16, 2015, 08:35:12 pm »

Charlie and a morning interview?  Should be interesting...

I despise the song Love is in the Air, you should too.

Offline RobbyR

« Reply #27 on: November 16, 2015, 08:52:41 pm »
You know what this whole thing makes me uncomfortable. Not the biggest Charlie Sheen fan, but he's human like we all are, people make mistakes. I don't like the shaming culture we live in, it perpetuates the already pervasive perception (yes still in 2015) that HIV is a "nasty" or "forbidden" or "toxic" condition. Which is total bullshit. While meds have come SO far since the 1980s, attitudes and stigmas (and that goes for straight and gay) have sadly stayed stuck in the past. Charlie Sheen has made his fair share of mistakes, but it never ceases to amaze me still how people act like STD's aren't anything, but yet if someone has HIV regardless, they're treated like they have Ebola or something. The media need to get a life and stop the faux sensationalism, this is 2015 not 1985. HIV is now a totally manageable condition with treatment, I sometimes feel like we're living in some timewarp. And regarding Charlie Sheen, I could care less how he contracted it, if in fact he has HIV (which is nobody's damn business by the way), why doesn't the media spend more time reporting on the major suffering and lack of HIV/AIDS treatment in Sub-Saharan Africa, or here's a thought..how about an entire show about confronting and reducing stigma regarding HIV/AIDS for both straight and gay people? I'd like to see that. Much more than an exploitative segment about some celebrity that's really only going to reinforce uninformed peoples' perceptions about this condition. Just my take.
"I survived because I was tougher than anybody else".--Bette Davis

Atripla
2010-2015

Stribild
2015-2016

Genvoya
2016-

Offline auspoz

« Reply #28 on: November 17, 2015, 06:23:44 am »
Hi everyone.

I just see this story blowing up for all the wrong reasons. I've already watched and seen so much ignorance, stigmatised, HIV-Phobic vitriol appear on social media. Actually, here in Oz, some poz groups have posted ways to "weather the oncoming storm of negativity" as it were.

I just wish everyone strength: as "they" throw their idiocy and ignorance the way of all people who live day-to-day with a disease that none of them asked to get.

Best of health to all.

auspoz.

Offline minismom

• Quocumque jeceris stabit
« Reply #29 on: November 17, 2015, 07:45:21 am »
He's HIV+. Said he's known for 4 years and in that time' he's paid out millions in extortion money. How very sad. He said, "These were the hardest 3 letters to absorb."
www.watoto.com
www.MotherBearProject.org
"Whichever way you throw me, i will stand"
"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today...it's already tomorrow in Australia"  Charles Schultz

Offline auspoz

« Reply #30 on: November 17, 2015, 08:25:52 am »
And so now, minutes since my post, it has been publicly announced by Charlie himself that he was positive diagnosed four years ago.

I say; best of health to you, Charlie Sheen. I see good things for you in the future  😊

Fuck the ignoramuses. Time for some new education and I hope you're not burdened with it too much.

Best.

auspoz.

Offline Wade

• Global Moderator
« Reply #31 on: November 17, 2015, 08:51:51 am »
Charlie did great in the interview which had to be very
difficult for him.  He was brave and answered some tough questions.
I wish his doctor had stayed on longer with him.
I think they were afraid of discussing some of the
 "subject matter" on morning TV
HIV 101 - Basics
 HIV 101
 HIV Testing
 HIV TasP
 HIV prevention
 PEP and PrEP

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
« Reply #32 on: November 17, 2015, 09:44:18 am »
Well watched the clips on today.com

Have to say he did better than I could have done that's for sure.
Still I think it horrific that he found himself in the situation of being essentially blackmailed and than having to disclose his status on TV not to mention the trial by media in the run up to the interview.
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline terrymoore

« Reply #33 on: November 17, 2015, 09:48:53 am »
I too just watched the interview and think he did a fine job. I hope they go after the S.O.B's that have extorted him for the past 4 years! I also hope that he uses his fame to hep educate the world and put an end to the ignorance and stigmas that come with our condition. I must admit i was surprised that he was on 4 pills a day - i wonder what and why.
Anyway, perhaps one day we will find him on this forum (maybe he is already a member!).
Take care to all!

Offline tryingtostay

« Reply #34 on: November 17, 2015, 12:32:16 pm »
MSN Article

"I am in fact HIV positive," Sheen said, disclosing that he was diagnosed roughly four years ago. "I have to put a stop to this onslaught, this barrage of attacks of sub-truths and very, very harmful stories that are about threatening the health of so many others which couldn't be farther from the truth."

The former Two and a Half Men star sat down for a live interview with Today show anchor Matt Lauer, revealing that he's paid people to keep his diagnosis quiet. "I think I released myself from this prison today," he said.

Sheen said that he realized something was wrong when started getting "a series of cluster headaches," and "sweating the bed." He said he was hospitalized two to three nights in a row.

"I thought I had a brain tumor. I thought it was over," Sheen told Lauer. "After a battery of tests, they walked in the room and said, 'Boom, here is what's going on.' It's a hard three letters to absorb. You know? It's a turning point in one's life."

The actor said he's not entirely sure how he contracted the disease.

Lauer read aloud a letter Sheen gave him prior to their interview. "In and around this perplexity of difficult time, I dazedly chose or hired the companionship of unsavory types," he read. "Regardless of their saltless reputations, I always led with condoms and honesty when it came to my condition, say my truth became their treason as a deluge of blackmail and circus of deceit."

When asked if he ever "knowingly or even perhaps unknowingly transmitted the HIV virus to someone else while you’ve had this," Sheen insisted that was "impossible."

The TV star did admit that he's had unprotected sex since news of his diagnosis. "The two people who I did that with were under the care of my doctor and they were completely warned ahead of time," he disclosed.

Sheen claimed that he's been shaken down for money in exchange for keeping his secret. Lauer inquired, "Is it true that on at least one occasion you had a prostitute come over to your house who, after a sexual encounter, with a cell phone, took an image of your anti-retro virus medication and then threatened to sell that image to the tabloids?"

"Yes, that is after I told her thank you for your time and we are not gonna see each other anymore," Sheen explained. "After she spent the day at the health food store buying me all the medications to help me."

When Lauer asked why he allowed these people in his life, Sheen admitted that he was battling depression. "I was so depressed by the position I was in," he said. "I was doing a lot of drugs and I was making really bad decisions. That part I know 100 percent."

The actor hopes that by coming forward about his HIV status that he will help others do the same. "I have a responsibility now to better myself and to help a lot of other people," he told Lauer. "And hopefully with what we're doing today, others may come forward and say, 'Thanks Charlie. Thanks for kicking the door open.'"

Rumors of Sheen's HIV status became public following the Sony hack in 2014, when an email from Sony Pictures Television Chairman Steve Mosko seemingly made reference to the 50-year-old actor being HIV positive.

"It's hard to be a drug addict and be HIV positive and do 40 [episodes] a year," Mosko allegedly wrote of Sheen and his work on the FX sitcom Anger Management in a private correspondence sent in March 2014.

Sheen has publicly struggled with substance abuse problems for years, and has spent several stints in rehab facilities.

Sheen recently made headlines when he was forcibly ejected from Hennessey's Tavern in Dana Point, California, after security escorted him out of the establishment in a headlock after behaving disruptively in the dining room.

His history of peculiar behavior began in 2011, when the Golden Globe winner publicly and repeatedly insulted Two and a Half Men creator and executive producer Chuck Lorre, while Sheen was still a cast member on the show. Sheen was subsequently dismissed, and his character killed off, which marked the start of his highly publicized "meltdown," including erratic behavior and unintelligible interviews.

Sheen's tumultuous relationships with his ex-wives and girlfriends have often been the subject of tabloid scrutiny, including his numerous relationships with adult film actresses.

In the 1990s, Sheen famously dated adult film stars Ginger Lynn and Heather Hunter. In 2011, Sheen began a relationship with former adult film actress Bree Olson, whom he called one of his "goddesses."

They reportedly lived together in 2011. Olson announced her retirement from adult films and also left Sheen later that year.

In a 2013 interview with Piers Morgan, Sheen said that he was dating Penthouse model Georgia Jones, and in February 2014 Sheen revealed that he and adult film actress Scottine Ross had gotten engaged. However, they called off the engagement in November of that year.

Sheen has also been married three times. Sheen's first marriage to Donna Peele, which began in 1995, came to an end a year later when Sheen was named as an alleged client of Heidi Fleiss' escort agency.

Sheen and actress Denise Richards, who share two kids -- 11-year-old daughter Sam and 10-year-old daughter Lola -- tied the knot in June 2002. Richards filed for divorce in March 2005, accusing Sheen of abusing alcohol and making threats against her. Their divorce was finalized the next year.

Sheen then tied the knot with actress Brook Mueller in May 2008, and welcomed twin sons Bob and Max in March 2009. Sheen filed for divorce in November 2010. The next year, Mueller reportedly obtained a restraining order against Sheen and social services removed Bob and Max from Sheen's home. Sheen and Mueller's divorce became final in May 2011.

Sheen is also the father of a 30-year-old daughter, Cassandra, from his relationship with his former high school girlfriend Paula Profit.

In the wake of reports regarding Sheen's HIV status, Olson, Sheen's former "goddess," took to Twitter on Monday to address the situation, and stressed that she's free of all STDs.

"There are speculations circling that one of my ex boyfriends from years ago may have contracted the HIV virus," Bree wrote. "They are rumors and I know nothing more than anyone else."

"I, myself - have been to the gynecologist once a year since we split up and have always been tested across the board for everything and have come back clean across the board every time," Olson continued. "For all the 'news' sources out there, leave me alone."

Sheen has on multiple occasions ranted publicly about his ex-wives -- most recently in June when Sheen went on a lengthy Father’s Day tirade in which he called Richards "a shake down piece of s**t doosh phace" and an "evil terrorist sack of landfill rash." Sheen also called Richards the "worst mom alive."

Sheen allegedly missed seeing his children so that he could take a trip to Mexico, according to tweets posted by Richards in response.

On Monday, a source told ET that Richards -- and the couple's two kids -- are HIV negative.

Sheen said on Today that both Richards and his other ex-wife, Brooke Mueller, are aware of his HIV status. The actor said he recently told his oldest daughter, Cassandra, of his diagnosis, but has not shared the news with his younger children.

Sheen's ex-girlfriend, Mia Isabella, told ET exclusively that she's praying for the actor. "That is hard news to hear I'm saddened but know him as an incredible person and advocate," Isabella said. "My memories of him reflect a warrior and super brave person so I know he will navigate through this with strength. He isn't afraid of facing any public scrutiny and speaking frankly and I have nothing but admiration for his friendship."

Sheen's former Spin City co-star, Heather Locklear, showed her support for the actor via Instagram on Monday, writing: "My heart hurts. Prayers for Charlie and his family."

Offline tednlou2

« Reply #35 on: November 17, 2015, 06:03:12 pm »
I don't know why Charlie's doc or Matt Lauer did not discuss studies on infection, when UD.  The doc said when using condoms.  It would help for viewers to see actual science.  Charlie said a couple women he had unprotected sex with were seeing his doc.  He did not say whether they were doing that for PrEP.

I did think he did a great job.  I think he's telling the truth.  Otherwise, he wouldn't have left his medication so easily accessible for photos to be taken.  He admits the drugs are what caused him to keep allowing these kind of people into his home.  My uncle was an alcoholic and sex addict.  He would invite the same young guys, who just stole his money or electronics. 

As with The View interview with Danny P, I just wish they would discuss actual studies on transmission. 

Edited for spelling

Offline xman

« Reply #36 on: November 17, 2015, 07:45:19 pm »
i think this coming out has potential to focus on some critical issues and may bring important changes to how people see the disease. to much time passed since rock hudson revealed his status and time changed about the disease. perhaps there will be more talk about treatment as prevention, criminalization and other important issues to address.

Offline RobbyR

« Reply #37 on: November 17, 2015, 09:36:32 pm »
I hope some important conversations and dialogue will come out of this, it's wrong that anyone should feel shamed into coming forward because I mean that is the most private personal thing.

The mainstream media need to do less of the "revelation" shows and interviews regarding HIV/AIDS & more serious talk about the severe stigma of living with hiv. Yes, in 2015. It's still a major problem. Many still think it's a "gay" disease sadly. Many have horribly wrong misconceptions about how you can get it, transmit it, & many amazingly still think HIV and AIDS are the same thing. These are the things the media needs to start talking about. Less of the sensationalism.

Stigma regarding hiv/aids is still way way too high. The only way this will change is through dialogue and more informative, personal stories. If I hear one more person say "are you clean" or "be d/d free"...UGH.

I applaud Charlie Sheen for having a good attitude about the whole thing. I hope this will help change the focus toward how people view hiv/aids.
"I survived because I was tougher than anybody else".--Bette Davis

Atripla
2010-2015

Stribild
2015-2016

Genvoya
2016-

Offline Sweet_C

« Reply #38 on: November 17, 2015, 11:01:07 pm »
At first I was proud of Charlie but now that I think about it I am not as impressed. It seems like he is doing this just because he is afraid of getting sued and/or criminally prosecuted.  He probably doesn't care one bit about furthering the cause of reducing HIV stigma.  It could be that he just ran out of money to pay off these folks. 

I don't like how he talks about the "unsavory types" he dealt with.  If he's having sex with them, then why does he think he is better than they are?  Also, although no one deserves this disease, he seems to take no responsibility for the predicament he's in.  He was asked why he kept putting himself in vulnerable positions, and he had no answer.

He just comes across as very entitled and pompous.  He actually makes me feel worse about having HIV.  He has been dealing with diagnosis with drugs and sex and it doesn't seem like he's come to terms with it yet.  Magic Johnson, he is not.
Tested positive on September 11, 2008

Offline 2tcells

« Reply #39 on: November 17, 2015, 11:45:19 pm »
I don't have a lot to say about Charlie sheen except maybe he is a member and we don't even know :o but either way I think it is good the news is talking about hiv! almost nobody is talking about it including me. I have seen hiv on the news all day with some bad info with the local news reporters commenting on "now we know why he acts so crazy" ??? but I have seen more good info than bad about; how transmission is so unlikely for someone who is ud, how good meds are now, how you probably come in contact with people who have hiv all the time and never know because they don't look like they are dieing and just look like normal people, hiv is not a death sentence.

this could be something good to fight the stigma because people will get to know what hiv really means not just what they have heard from people who know nothing.
7-4-13 diagnosed   cd4- 2      vl-220,600
8-3-13                     cd4- 4      vl- 448
9-3-13                     cd4- 40    vl- ud
11-3-13                   cd4- 54    vl-ud
1-9-14                     cd4- 62    vl- 43
4-3-14                     cd4- 110  vl-ud
8-5-14                     cd4- 95    vl-ud
9-23-14                   cd4- 97    vl-ud
1-22-15                   cd4- 156  vl-ud
4-14-15                   cd4- 122  vl-ud
6-12-15                   cd4- 148  vl-?
8-15-15 start stribild
9-3-15                     cd4- 152 vl-ud
11-25-15                  cd4- 211 vl-20
2-17-16                   cd-4 194 vl-ud
4-1-16 start genvoya
5-10-16                   cd-4 220 vl-ud
9-19-16                   cd-4 182 vl-ud
12-2016                  cd-4  267!vl-ud
2018 cd4 187 switching meds

Offline tednlou2

« Reply #40 on: November 18, 2015, 12:32:40 am »
At first I was proud of Charlie but now that I think about it I am not as impressed. It seems like he is doing this just because he is afraid of getting sued and/or criminally prosecuted.  He probably doesn't care one bit about furthering the cause of reducing HIV stigma.  It could be that he just ran out of money to pay off these folks. 

I don't like how he talks about the "unsavory types" he dealt with.  If he's having sex with them, then why does he think he is better than they are?  Also, although no one deserves this disease, he seems to take no responsibility for the predicament he's in.  He was asked why he kept putting himself in vulnerable positions, and he had no answer.

He just comes across as very entitled and pompous.  He actually makes me feel worse about having HIV.  He has been dealing with diagnosis with drugs and sex and it doesn't seem like he's come to terms with it yet.  Magic Johnson, he is not.

He did this, because tabloids were (already did) going to out his status.  He wanted to get out in front of it, and I see nothing wrong with that.  He said he spent $10 million in hush money.  He said those payments will stop now.  Things were being said about him-- putting others at risk, lying about his status, to having AIDS.  I see no issue with him coming forward to set those things straight, even if he could care less about stigma or just doesn't want to be a spokesperson for stigma.  He doesn't owe any of us that.   

As for the unsavory types, I think he meant people who would take photos of his meds and then blackmail him.  Those are unsavory types.  Matt asked him why he continued to allow these people around and he said depression, drugs, and alcohol.  He had an answer and said that was totally on him.

Offline Rosie117

« Reply #41 on: November 18, 2015, 01:41:06 am »
No offense Sweet C but I couldn't disagree more with you. He came forward because he was being blackmailed into the millions and he wanted to end the power they had over him. When he said unsavory types, I took him to mean the type of people who would betray him by threatening to out his secret after he trusted them. And I don't think he seemed arrogant in the least. I could empathize with much of what he said, and I felt like he spoke well. His statement about the diagnosis being a turning point in one's life really hit home for me (1 year & 1 month since diagnosis for me). I am grateful to see a celebrity come out as poz so that the general public can be more educated on the disease.

Offline GSOgymrat

• HIV+ since 1993. Relentlessly gay.
« Reply #42 on: November 18, 2015, 09:25:18 am »

Offline tednlou2

« Reply #43 on: November 19, 2015, 10:27:02 pm »
And this just takes the cake.  I don't even want to say her name on here, because she's highly googled.  But, everyone will know her as the big anti-vaccine actress.  She played his love interest in a recurring role. 

In a radio interview, she said, "I feel like in playing a love interest, you would think that there would be some type of, I don't want to say...criminal issue, but...I don't even know how to feel about that." 

So besides her continued belief vaccines cause autism, she believes she could have been infected from kissing and that he should have disclosed to her.  Reminds me of when Rock Hudson had a recurring role in Dynasty and people said he shouldn't have been kissing Linda Evans.  But, that was 1985 and not 2015. 

Since being fired from The View, I guess this is her way of getting herself back into the spotlight. 

Offline Jmarksto

« Reply #44 on: November 20, 2015, 10:29:58 am »
And this just takes the cake.  I don't even want to say her name on here, because she's highly googled.  But, everyone will know her as the big anti-vaccine actress.  She played his love interest in a recurring role. 

In a radio interview, she said, "I feel like in playing a love interest, you would think that there would be some type of, I don't want to say...criminal issue, but...I don't even know how to feel about that." 

So besides her continued belief vaccines cause autism, she believes she could have been infected from kissing and that he should have disclosed to her.  Reminds me of when Rock Hudson had a recurring role in Dynasty and people said he shouldn't have been kissing Linda Evans.  But, that was 1985 and not 2015. 

Since being fired from The View, I guess this is her way of getting herself back into the spotlight.

Ted; The good news is that the majority of the press see her as the "quacky anti vaxer" and now see her as having no credibility with knowledge on HIV transmission -- in some ways her bad press helps educate the general public and hopefully in some small way reduce stigma.  How's that for a silver lining??
03/15/12 Negative
06/15/12 Positive
07/11/12 CD4 790          VL 4,000
08/06/12 CD4 816/38%   VL 49,300
08/20/12 Started Complera
11/06/12 CD4   819/41% VL 38
02/11/13 CD4   935/41% VL UD
06/06/13 CD4   816/41% VL UD
10/28/13 CD4 1131/45% VL 25
02/25/14 CD4   792/37% VL UD
07/09/14 CD4 1004/39% VL UD
11/03/14 CD4   711/34% VL UD
03/13/15 CD4   833/36% VL UD
04/??/15 Truvada & Tivicay
06/01/15 CD4 1100/50% VL UD
10/16/15 CD4   826/43% VL UD
??/??/2017 Descov & Tivicay
2017 VL UD, CD4 stable around 850
2018 VL UD, CD4 stable around 850

Offline Almost2late

« Reply #45 on: November 20, 2015, 02:18:23 pm »
I'm actually impressed how Charlie's disclosure has been widely accepted by most people and feel it will help people like myself with the associated stigma..

There's still some negative publicity from this with tabloid type crap which I'm afraid won't go away as long as people enjoy gossip  :-\ but overall the discussion on popular culture magazines like People was educational..http://www.people.com/article/charlie-sheen-hiv-medical-expert

Nice to see how some with disagreement of opinion on this thread were able to share it in a civil manner.

Offline xman

« Reply #46 on: November 21, 2015, 10:06:15 am »
in the these days charlie sheen is under the spotlights for the disclosure of being hiv positive. this could be perhaps the best and most awaited moment to take action against some long lasting and apparently invulberable barriers in hiv prevention: stigma and criminalization.

reactions from the public were mixed. many fans supported him. others accused him. the point is if we can use this moment to boost the battle against those barriers and if the activists and community is considering to shed light on some important aspects more than they did in the past.

sheen will likely be charged for not disclosing his status to sexual partners. will the community assists him the long and tedious legal proceedings? will it be part of the battle in court and outside? my impression is that we risk to lose an important moment, a one of a kind opportunity, to show the real face of hiv today, a face that every hiv positive knows very well and that is made of stigma, shame, fear of discrimination, judgment and isolation.

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #47 on: November 21, 2015, 10:15:53 am »
in the these days charlie sheen is under the spotlights for the disclosure of being hiv positive. this could be perhaps the best and most awaited moment to take action against some long lasting and apparently invulberable barriers in hiv prevention: stigma and criminalization.

reactions from the public were mixed. many fans supported him. others accused him. the point is if we can use this moment to boost the battle against those barriers and if the activists and community is considering to shed light on some important aspects more than they did in the past.

sheen will likely be charged for not disclosing his status to sexual partners. will the community assists him the long and tedious legal proceedings? will it be part of the battle in court and outside? my impression is that we risk to lose an important moment, a one of a kind opportunity, to show the real face of hiv today, a face that every hiv positive knows very well and that is made of stigma, shame, fear of discrimination, judgment and isolation.

We have a thread going on this topic already so I merged your thread in.

Maybe I am a bit Jaded but I do not see this as a defining moment in the history of HIV or as a turning point in the fight against stigma. Im a bit disturbed than some thinks it is.
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
« Reply #48 on: November 21, 2015, 11:41:09 am »
What i'm even more disturbed by is the attitudes shown by people such as Jonathan Blake who is also HIV+ "Charlie Sheen has done nothing to help the HIV stigma I've spent so long fighting against"

To be honest charlie disclosed as his hand was forced and did so in very public manner and gave a good interview better than most could have done in his shoes. It's sad people like Blake feel the need to push stories with headlines whilst taking a cheap pop at Charlie instead of looking at the constructive side of this that being that at least people are talking about the subject and that a good thing.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/charlie-sheen-done-nothing-help-6850046 

Personally i feel sorry for Blake (and people like him) I personally see stories like this and just think he still has some deep internal sadness and issues.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2015, 11:44:22 am by JimDublin »
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline Joe K

• Standard
  • 31 Years Poz
« Reply #49 on: November 21, 2015, 12:06:02 pm »
What i'm even more disturbed by is the attitudes shown by people such as Jonathan Blake who is also HIV+ "Charlie Sheen has done nothing to help the HIV stigma I've spent so long fighting against"

To be honest charlie disclosed as his hand was forced and did so in very public manner and gave a good interview better than most could have done in his shoes. It's sad people like Blake feel the need to push stories with headlines whilst taking a cheap pop at Charlie instead of looking at the constructive side of this that being that at least people are talking about the subject and that a good thing.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/charlie-sheen-done-nothing-help-6850046 

Personally i feel sorry for Blake (and people like him) I personally see stories like this and just think he still has some deep internal sadness and issues.

What gets me, is when did Blake become the one to determine, what role someone must play when disclosing their status?  If you want to become an AIDS activist, that's great and the community can use all the help we can get.  When you start shaming others, who chose not to follow your path, you become no better than those who degrade us, not only for being poz, but because we dare to share it with the world.

As much as things change, some things will never change.  There is nothing gained by shaming anyone for who and what they are and especially for how they chose to share their story.

Joe

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.