Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 01:03:20 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37651
  • Latest: Toropi_
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773281
  • Total Topics: 66347
  • Online Today: 387
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 329
Total: 330

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Carrot Beet celery Juice homemade makes me feel so good i cant believe  (Read 38901 times)

Offline bimazek

Carrot Beet celery Juice homemade makes me feel so good i cant believe
I bought this old juicer in a  store in hawaii 20 years ago and i just dug it out of storage, it is one with a huge big motor, like a major big electric motor, it could juice your anything if you wanted too

anyway

i feel great like full of vitamins and such
like i was completely starving for nutrients before and now my body is getting them

i hope that it lasts

been doing it for a week

the difference is amazing

wake up great

i always take pill vitamins but this is great

let me know if you try it

post your thoughts
and experiences

Offline catwoman

I used to juice quite a bit before I was diagnosed.  I think that's why I didn't know for so long about my status.  I really didn't have any health problems until right b4 my diagnosis (Dec. 2005).  When I was diagnosed, my T cells were 5 and my VL was 43,000.  My doctor couldn't understand why my VL was so low.  I believe it was the juicing because I was doing a lot of juicing for a few years prior.  I just bought a new juicer last year because my old one died.  I really need to get back to it.  My favorites are carrot and beet also.  Beet juice is extremely cleansing and I think it has some properties that are important for people with HIV.  Thank you for reporting because I need some motivation to juice again.

Offline thunter34

• His name is Carl.
OMG!  Thanks for posting.  I need to dig out my old juicer!  I used to use it all the time.  I know just what you mean about how your body reacts to suddenly having all those nutrients in it.  It's one of those feelings that you don't realize you are missing until you get it!
AIDS isn't for sissies.

Offline Zanarkand

• All Your Base Are Belong To Us
Hmmmm
* Zanarkand goes to buy a juicer
But someone better send me recipes!!!! ^_^
All Your Base Are Belong To Us

Offline J.R.E.

• Positive since 1985, joined forums 12/03
Carrot Beet celery Juice homemade makes me feel so good i cant believe
I bought this old juicer in a  store in hawaii 20 years ago and i just dug it out of storage, it is one with a huge big motor, like a major big electric motor, it could juice your anything if you wanted too

I am an absolute sucker for gadgets !!  :P  I just about bought that Jack La lane juicer, that I have been seeing on those commercials. Looks like a pretty decent machine.

I currently have a juicer, but it's not doing a good job anymore. It's just not powerful enough ! I just know I am going to get that juicer...

Have fun juicing !!!  :)

Ray
Current Meds ; Viramune / Epzicom Eliquis, Diltiazem. Pravastatin 80mg, Ezetimibe. UPDATED 2/18/24
 Tested positive in 1985,.. In October of 2003, My t-cell count was 16, Viral load was over 500,000, Percentage at that time was 5%. I started on  HAART on October 24th, 2003.

UPDATED: As of April, 2nd 2024,Viral load Undetectable.
CD 4 @593 /  CD4 % @ 18 %

Lymphocytes,total-3305 (within range)

cd4/cd8 ratio -0.31

cd8 %-57

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline milker

• Protected phone sex
mmmmm just a plain home made orange juice, or grapefruit juice  :o
it's been a while since I bought a gadget, like JRE I love gadgets! Target here I come!

mid-dec: stupid ass
mid-jan: seroconversion
mid-feb: poz
mar 07: cd4 432 (35%) vl 54000
may 07: cd4 399 (28%) vl 27760
jul 07: cd4 403 (26%) vl 99241
oct 07: cd4 353 (24%) vl 29993
jan 08: cd4 332 (26%) vl 33308
mar 08: cd4 392 (23%) vl 75548
jun 08: cd4 325 (27%) vl 45880
oct 08: cd4 197 (20%) vl 154000 <== aids diagnosis
nov 2 08 start Atripla
nov 30 08: cd4 478 (23%) vl 1880 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
feb 19 09: cd4 398 (24%) vl 430 getting there!
apr 23 09: cd4 604 (29%) vl 50 woohoo :D :D
jul 30 09: cd4 512 (29%) vl undetectable :D :D
may 27 10: cd4 655 (32%) vl undetectable :D :D

Now accepting applications from blowjob ninjas™

Offline Merlin

• As My WILL, So MOTE It Be !
Yup, got the Jack La lane Power Juicer too last year. It's really a very powerful & good machine that separates the pulp from the juice nicely. Only thing to watch out for when u juice carrots and beet, try and wash up immediately or they will stain the juicer. Since it comes only in white, it's easy to stain. ::)

Happy juicing ! Peace

Michael
I'll leave Hatred to those not strong enough to Love.

+++

Believe & The Power Of The Mind Transforms.
Make It Happen...

+++

I blame them for nothing.
I forgive them for everything.

---->> Mary J. Blige on dysfuctional parents

Offline bimazek

thanks for posting i was thinking that it couldnt be true that juicing alone could not be why i feel so good and feel almost as good as i did before or as good as i did before being infected

and this is not plecibo effect

i know i feel tons better

and have more energy!!!

going to get some right now!!!

thanks again guys

how much was jack lalane

i love that guy

when i was a weee gay in mid atlantic states use to watch him in those tights in black and white and i knew there was a better life out there somewhere

Offline allopathicholistic

So glad for you. Yum, amazing. You also gave me an idea, thanks I've been taking carotenoid complex capsules with fresh tangerine juice but I might try them with carrot beet celery juice as a booster, since carrots have beta carotene

Offline J.R.E.

Yup, got the Jack La lane Power Juicer too last year. It's really a very powerful & good machine that separates the pulp from the juice nicely. Only thing to watch out for when u juice carrots and beet, try and wash up immediately or they will stain the juicer. Since it comes only in white, it's easy to stain. ::)

Happy juicing ! Peace

Michael

Good to know !!! I was wondering if anyone else had that particular juicer, and how they liked it.

thanks-----Ray
Current Meds ; Viramune / Epzicom Eliquis, Diltiazem. Pravastatin 80mg, Ezetimibe. UPDATED 2/18/24
 Tested positive in 1985,.. In October of 2003, My t-cell count was 16, Viral load was over 500,000, Percentage at that time was 5%. I started on  HAART on October 24th, 2003.

cd4/cd8 ratio -0.31

cd8 %-57

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline bimazek

Re: Carrot Beet celery Juice homemade makes me feel so good i cant believe
« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2007, 10:16:18 pm »
The poster above said he thought beets were the key to feeling good so i spent 3 hours researching why...  there may be something too it...

Beets beet aids

Medicinal uses

Roots and leaves are used medicinally against infections and tumours, and Swiss chard as a hypoglycaemic agent by diabetic patients.[2][3]    The Romans used beetroot as a treatment for fevers and constipation, amongst other ailments. Apicius in De Re Coquinaria gives five recipes for soups to be given as a laxative, three of which feature the root of beet.[5] Hippocrates advocated the use of beet leaves as binding for wounds.

Since Roman times, beetroot juice has been considered an aphrodisiac. It is a rich source of the mineral boron, which plays an important role in the production of human sex hormones.  From the Middle Ages, beetroot was used as a treatment for a variety of conditions, especially illnesses relating to digestion and the blood. Platina recommended taking beetroot with garlic to nullify the effects of 'garlic-breath'.[6]  Today the beetroot is still championed as a cureall. One of the most controversial examples is the official position of the South African Health Minister on the treatment of AIDS

Properties

Beta vulagris roots contain significant amounts of vitamin C, whilst the leaves are an excellent source of vitamin A. They are also high in folate, soluble and insoluble dietary fiber and antioxidants.

An average sized cup (225.8 grams) of sliced beets will contain:

* Food energy 31 Cal (130 kJ)    * Carbohydrate 8.5 g    * Dietary fiber 1.5 g    * Folate 53.2 µg    * Phosphorus 32 mg    * Potassium 259 mg    * Protein 1.5 g

Beets, like kale, spinach, carrots and turnips, can be a source of nitrates and should not be fed to infants under 6 months of age.

Beetroots are rich in the nutrient Betaine. Betaine supplements, manufactured as a byproduct of sugar beet processing, are prescribed to lower potentially toxic levels of homocysteine (Hcy), a naturally occurring amino acid that can be harmful to blood vessels thereby contributing to the development of heart disease, stroke, and peripheral vascular disease.[10]

The colour of red beetroot is due to a purple pigment betacyanin and a yellow pigment betaxanthin known collectively as betalins, unlike red cabbage which contains the pigment anthocyanin. Breeds of beetroot which are not the typical deep red, such as 'Burpee's Golden' and 'Albina Vereduna', have a greater or lesser distribution of the two betalin pigments.[11]#

Betacyanin in beetroot may cause red urine and feces in some people who are unable to break it down.

The pigments are contained in cell vacuoles. Beetroot cells are quite unstable and will 'leak' when cut, heated, or when in contact with air or sunlight. This is why red beetroots leave a purple stain. Leaving the skin on when cooking, however, will maintain the integrity of the cells and therefore minimise leakage.

Betaines
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from Betaine)
Jump to: navigation, search

A betaine in chemistry is any neutral chemical compound with a positively charged cationic functional group such as an ammonium ion or phosphonium ion (generally: onium ions) and with a negatively charged functional group such as a carboxyl group. Historically the term was reserved for trimethylglycine only. Phosphonium betaines are intermediates in the Wittig reaction.

In biological systems, many betaines serve as organic osmolytes, substances synthesised or taken up from the environment by cells for protection against osmotic stress, drought, high salinity or high temperature. Intracellular accumulation of betaines, non-perturbing to enzyme function, protein structure and membrane integrity, permits water retention in cells, thus protecting a number of vital metabolic pathways from the effects of dehydration.

It is concluded that boron probably is complexed with hydroxylated species in biologic systems, and that inhibition and stimulation of enzyme and coenzymes are pivotal in its mode of action.

Boron compounds show promise in treating arthritis.

Boron enhances the body’s ability to absorb calcium and magnesium.* It may also promote beneficial levels of estrogen and testosterone in healthy postmenopausal women.* Boron may also help convert vitamin D to its active form, supporting the absorption of calcium.*  Boron Helps to Support:· Healthy Brain Function and Cognitive Performance*· Strong Bones*
· Promotes Joint Health*

eNIVA CORPORATION
Inhibition of HIV-1 protease by a boron-modified polypeptide. Biochemical Pharmacology. ... An introduction to boron: history, sources, uses, and chemistry. ...
www.enivamembers.com/ProductPage.aspx?ItemID=18

Even a boron-containing natural antibiotic, boromycin, isolated from streptomyces, is know
Food  Boron occurs in all foods produced by plants. Since 1989 its nutritional value has been argued. The U.S. Department of agriculture conducted an experiment in which postmenopausal women took 3 mg of boron a day. The results showed that boron can drop excretion of calcium by 44%, and activate estrogen and vitamin D.
The US National Institute of Health quotes this source:    Total daily boron intake in normal human diets ranges from

Boron minerals hiv
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=%22Borate+minerals%22+hiv&btnG=Google+Search
ScienceDaily  Researchers at the University of Florida say they have shown that minerals were key to some of the initial processes that formed life on Earth. Specifically, a borax-containing mineral known as colemanite helps convert organic molecules found in interstellar dust clouds into a sugar, known as ribose, central to the genetic material called RNA. This announcement provides a key step toward solving the 3-billion-year-old mystery of how life on Earth began. The findings will appear in Friday's issue of the journal Science. Steven Benner, Alonso Ricardo, Matthew Carrigan and Alison Olcott built on a famous experiment done 50 years earlier by Stanley Miller that is found in many textbooks. In 1953, Miller showed that electric sparks in a primitive atmosphere made amino acids, the building blocks of proteins.  To identify simple organic molecules that might be the starting materials, Benner turned to compounds known to exist in interstellar dust, such as formaldehyde, used to preserve tissue. "Formaldehyde may not seem to be a good starting point for the life that we know," he said. "But it is simple. With only one carbon atom, one oxygen atom and two hydrogen atoms, there is a lot of formaldehyde to work with in the cosmos."  Benner and his team showed that formaldehyde, with other interstellar compounds, could form ribose and other sugars when treated in the presence of base materials such as lime, a material used to adjust the pH level of lawns, among other things. Lime was effective, but the ribose decomposed soon after it was formed.Recognizing that ribose had a particular chemical structure that allowed it to bind to minerals containing the element boron, they turned to another substance called colemanite. "Colemanite is a mineral containing borate found in Death Valley," he said. "Without it, ribose turns into a brown tar. With it, ribose and other sugars emerge as clean products." Benner then showed similar reactions with other borate minerals, including ulexite and kernite, which is more commonly known as borax.  Benner and his team are the first researchers to succeed in making significant amounts of ribose under these early conditions.Joseph Piccirilli, a biological chemist at the Howard Hughes Medical Institute and the University of Chicago, said Benner's work "has simplicity and brilliance.""Organic chemists have long known that borate complexes with compounds like ribose," Piccirilli said, "and prebiotic scientists have long believed that minerals on the early Earth played an important role in the origin of life." Until now, "no one has put the two ideas together," he said.
"We are not claiming that this is how life started," Benner stressed. "We are saying that we have demonstrated a recipe to make a key part of life without any biochemical machinery. The more recipes of this type that can be found, the more clues we have about how life could have actually gotten started on the primitive Earth."  While best classified as basic science, the work has practical biological and medical value. "Curiously, thinking about how life originated and what form it might take on other planets helps us design new tools for disease diagnostics and therapy," Benner said. Diagnostic tools enabled by Benner's work seeking alternative life forms are used today in the clinic to monitor the load of the viruses that cause AIDS and hepatitis C.  The work also complements other research Benner is conducting that focuses on ancient forms of life on Earth. In a September report in Nature, Benner and his collaborators deduced the structure of a protein found in a bacterium that lived several billion years ago and resurrected the ancient protein. By studying it in the laboratory, the group inferred the ancient bacteria lived in a hot spring at about 150 degrees Fahrenheit.  With the prebiotic experiments, Benner said, "we are working forward in time, from the origin of the planet to the first life. With experiments with ancient proteins, we work backwards in time, from the modern world to the most primitive of bacteria." The group's goal, he said, is to have the two meet in the middle.  Last, the backbone ribose is more than a simple
scaffolding to hold the nucleobases.  Many sugars other than ribose have been explored. These include analogues
that may have served as primitive genetic molecules that
were precursors of RNA and DNA for life on Earth, as
ribose has been viewed as being too unstable to have
emerged prebiotically.  Very few ribose replacements
have been found to improve on duplex stability.Further,we now know that borate minerals stabilize ribose under
conditions that might have been present on early Earth. 
This connects geology via chemistry to biology in an
intriguing way and suggests that ribose is central to
genetics because of chemical processes that occurred
before the origin of life.Together, these results are supporting the emerging
field of synthetic biology.
This field moves past biomi-
metic chemistry, seeking artificial chemical systems that
reproduce advanced biological behaviors, including rep-
lication, selection, and evolution. In this direction, a six
letter artificial genetic system based on AEGIS
has recently been shown to support evolution in a very primitive
polymerase chain reaction   Experiments confirmed this reasoning. In the presence
of Ca(OH), a solution of glycolaldehyde and glyceralde-
hyde rapidly turns brown (Figure 16). When the same
incubation is done in the presence of the borate minerals
colemanite ulexite (NaCaB or kernite (Na), however, the
solution does not turn brown, even after months (Figure
The accumulation of ribose was confirmed chromato-
graphically and by treating the mixture with NaBH
togenerate ribitol, followed by enzymatic analysis with ribitol
dehydrogenase.
Alkaline borate minerals are well-known on Earth.
Serpentinization of olivine in mantle rocks generates
alkaline solutions.

In the second half of the talk, Benner changes gears and speaks to the subject of the artificial synthesis of life in the laboratory. At the core of all life on Earth lies an alphabet of five bases, A, G, C, T and U. These are the base pairs that interlock the ribose spine in the information-bearing molecules, RNA and DNA.

Benner notes that there is no reason to suspect that these five bases were the only bases used in the earliest forms of life. He outlines eight more bases that fit the necessary Watson-Crick geometry and presents a logical argument that these other bases — or something very much like them — quite likely existed in the first forms of RNA on Earth.

Beetroots are rich in the nutrient Betaine. Betaine supplements, manufactured as a byproduct of sugar beet processing, are prescribed to lower potentially toxic levels of homocysteine (Hcy), a naturally occurring amino acid that can be harmful to blood vessels thereby contributing to the development of heart disease, stroke, and peripheral vascular disease.

Antioxidants are molecules that slow or prevent the oxidation of other chemicals. Oxidation is a redox chemical reaction that transfers electrons from a substance to an oxidizing agent. Oxidation reactions can involve the production of free radicals, which can form dangerous chain reactions. Antioxidants can terminate these chain reactions by removing radical intermediates and can inhibit other oxidation reactions by being oxidized themselves. As a result, antioxidants are often reducing agents such as thiols or phenols.

Although oxidation reactions are critical for life, they can also be damaging; hence, plants and animals maintain complex systems of multiple types of antioxidants, such as glutathione, vitamin C, and vitamin E as well as enzymes such as catalase, superoxide dismutase and various peroxidases. Low levels of antioxidant molecules or inhibition of these antioxidant enzymes causes oxidative stress and may damage or kill cells.

As oxidative stress has been implicated in the pathogenesis of many human diseases, the use of antioxidants in pharmacology is intensively studied, particularly as treatments for stroke and neurodegenerative diseases. However, it is unknown whether oxidative stress is the cause or the consequence of such diseases.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antioxidants

Offline bimazek

« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2007, 10:16:45 pm »

Homocysteine
Chemical structure of Homocysteine

Homocysteine
Systematic (IUPAC) name
(2S)-2-amino-4-sulfanyl-butanoic acid
Identifiers
CAS number    454-29-5
PubChem            91552
Chemical data
Formula    C4H9NO2S
Mol. weight    135.186
SMILES    C(CS)C(C(=O)O)N
Complete data

Homocysteine is a chemical compound with the formula HSCH2CH2CH(NH2)CO2H. It is a homologue of the naturally-occurring amino acid cysteine, differing in that its side-chain contains an additional methylene (-CH2-) group before the thiol (-SH) group. Alternatively, homocysteine can be derived from methionine by removing the latter's terminal Ce methyl group.
Contents   * 1 Organic chemical properties    * 2 Elevated homocysteine    * 3 Cardiovascular risks    * 4 Bone weakness

Organic chemical properties

The "extra" (relative to cysteine) methylene group allows this molecule to form a five-membered ring, homocysteine thiolactone. The facility of this reaction precludes the formation of stable peptide bonds. In other words, a protein containing homocysteine would tend to cleave itself.

Homocysteine is formed from a[[S-adenosyl methionine] a two step reaction. It can be converted back to methionine or converted to cysteine or taurine via the transsulfuration pathway. Although homocysteine can be converted back to methionine, there is no indication that dietary homocysteine contributes any methionine nutritionally to humans.[1]

Elevated homocysteine

As a consequence of the biochemical reactions in which homocysteine is involved, deficiencies of the vitamins folic acid, pyridoxine (B6), or B12 can lead to high homocysteine levels.[2] Supplementation with pyridoxine, folic acid, B12 or trimethylglycine (betaine) reduces the concentration of homocysteine in the bloodstream.[3] [4]. Increased levels of homocysteine are linked to high concentrations of endothelial asymmetric dimethylarginine.

Elevations of homocysteine also occur in the rare hereditary disease homocystinuria and in methylene-tetrahydrofolate-reductase deficiency. The latter is quite common and usually goes unnoticed, although there are reports that thrombosis and cardiovascular disease occurs more often in people with elevated homocysteine.

Homocysteine appears to be downregulated by high concentrations of polyphenol antioxidants[citation needed], chemicals which are known to provide certain health benefits to the cardiovascular system and immune system. These chemicals are known to down-regulate the formation of reactive oxygen species, key chemicals in cardiovascular disease. Direct generation of reactive oxygen species by homocysteine may also contribute to biological damage [1].

Cardiovascular risks

A high level of blood serum homocysteine was once considered to be a marker of potential cardiovascular (risk factor for heart attack and stroke) disease. Today, the correlation between homocyseteine and cardaic disease in unclear.[5]

Studies reported in 2006 have shown that giving vitamins [folic acid, B6 and B12] to reduce homocysteine levels may not quickly offer benefit, however a significant 25% reduction in stroke was found in the HOPE-2 study [6] even in patients mostly with existing serious arterial decline although the overall death rate was not significantly changed by the intervention in the trial. Clearly, reducing homocysteine does not quickly repair existing structural damage of the artery architecture. However, the science is strong supporting the biochemistry that homocysteine degrades and inhibits the formation of the three main structural components of the artery, collagen, elastin and the proteoglycans. Homocysteine permanently degrades cysteine [disulfide bridges] and lysine amino acid residues in proteins, gradually affecting function and structure. Simply put, homocysteine is a 'corrosive' of long-living [collagen, elastin] or life-long proteins [fibrillin]. These long-term effects are difficult to establish in clinical trials focusing on groups with existing artery decline. The main role of reducing homocysteine is likely in 'prevention' but with a slow but probable role in 'cure

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=homocysteine+hiv&btnG=Google+Search

homocysteine, HIV, and Heart Disease AIDS Treatment News - Find ...
Homocysteine, HIV, and Heart Disease from AIDS Treatment News in Health & Fitness provided free by LookSmart Find Articles.
www.findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m0HSW/is_2001_August_24/ai_78397757 - 33 
Homocysteine, HIV and Heart Disease - The Body
Homocysteine, HIV and Heart Disease, at The Body, the complete HIV/AIDS resource.
www.thebody.com/content/art31934.html - 21 
Homocysteine, HIV, and heart disease.
Too much homocysteine in the blood is associated with an increased risk of heart and circulatory dis...
www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.fcgi?cmd=Retrieve&db=PubMed&list_uids=11570164&dopt=Abstract 
Elevated plasma concentration of reduced homocysteine in patients ...
The HIV-infected patients had significantly higher concentrations of reduced homocysteine in plasma compared with control subjects. ...
www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.fcgi?cmd=Retrieve&db=PubMed&list_uids=8561066&dopt=Abstract -
Homocysteine, HIV,. and Heart Disease. by Jennifer E. Cohn ... (which can cause excess homocysteine) is already. an important risk for persons with HIV, we ...
img.thebody.com/legacyAssets/19/33/atn370.pdf

Oxidative stress in immunodeficiency
File Format: PDF/Adobe Acrobat
concentrations of reduced homocysteine in HIV infec-. tion [18], and they argue that reduced homocysteine. enhances free radical formation and stimulates ...
www.blackwell-synergy.com/doi/pdf/10.1046/j.1365-2362.1997.1890739.x

Oxidative stress in immunodeficiency
concentrations of reduced homocysteine in HIV infec-. tion [18], and they argue that reduced homocysteine. enhances free radical formation and stimulates .

Resveratrol: Why It Matters in HIV
Earlier, some researchers looked at resveratrol as a possible HIV ... (Excessive homocysteine may be a serious risk factor for heart attack, stroke, ...
www.aidsnews.org/2006/12/resveratrol-hiv.html

Abbott Diagnostics - Reagents/Tests Listing by Condition
HIV Ag/Ab Combo (The HIV Ag/Ab Combo assay is in development/research. Not available in the United ... (The Homocysteine assay is in development/research. ...
www.abbottdiagnostics.com/Products/Reagents_by_Condition/

riedman Nutrition Notes: September / October 2005
“High homocysteine and low B vitamins predict cognitive decline in aging men: the Veterans ... New Nutritional Challenges Emerge for HIV Care Providers ...
nutrition.tufts.edu/news/notes/2005-09.html

alkyl betaine, has been shown to possess virucidal

Betaine. Betaine supplements, manufactured as a byproduct of sugar beet processing, are prescribed to lower potentially toxic levels of homocysteine (Hcy), a naturally occurring amino acid that can be harmful to blood vessels thereby contributing to the development of heart disease, stroke, and peripheral vascular disease.

my idea is that maybe betaine is also lowering toxic protein NEF, nef!!!!!!!!

Compositions for the treatment of acquired immunodeficiency ...
The main cellular target of HIV infection is the CD4+ T cell. ... procaine, hydrabamine, choline, betaine, ethylenediamine, glucosamine, N-alkylglucamines, ...
www.freepatentsonline.com/7008650.html

A Membrane-proximal Tyrosine-based Signal Mediates Internalization ...
... LB medium supplemented with 0.5 M D-sorbitol and 2.5 mM betaine) were grown ... HIV-1 Nef Enhances Both Membrane Expression and Virion Incorporation of ...
www.jbc.org/cgi/content/full/273/25/15773

http://www.google.com/search?as_q=Betaine+nef+hiv&hl=en&num=100&btnG=Google+Search&as_epq=Betaine+&as_oq=&as_eq=&lr=&as_ft=i&as_filetype=&as_qdr=all&as_nlo=&as_nhi=&as_occt=any&as_dt=i&as_sitesearch=&as_rights=&safe=images

Exploiting common targets in human fertilization and HIV infection ...
Nef, Vif and Vpr (Emerman and Malim, 1998). Entry of HIV-1 virions into cells is a ... and alkyl betaine, has been shown to possess virucidal, microbi- ...
humupd.oxfordjournals.org/cgi/reprint/12/2/103.pdf

Requirement of the Nef Protein for Efficient Entry of HIV-1 into Cells", ... Trimethylamine N-Oxide and Betaine, Increase Tau-Induced Polymerization of ...

Panacea (medicine)

The panacea (IPA [pæn?'si?]), named after the Greek goddess of healing, Panacea, was supposed to be a remedy that would cure all diseases and prolong life indefinitely. It was sought by the alchemists as a connection to the elixir of life and the philosopher's stone, a mythical substance which would enable the transmutation of common metals into gold.

Medical science, in some sense, continues to look for a "panacea" and an "elixir of life" of sorts. The current focus may be on the immune system along with the role of genes and interplay of heredity and environment - but the desires to "cure all", to "retard the aging process", and to increase the "quality of life" are strong motivating forces. The areas of scientific endeavor that research these first two "alchemical" goals cross several disciplines and sub-disciplines besides chemistry, i.e. molecular biology, biochemistry, biophysics, genetics, and immunol

Offline milker

• Protected phone sex
« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2007, 10:21:27 pm »
Argh bimazek you killed your good thread with all this LOL

Let's try to get this back alive.

So I was looking at the Jack Lalanne juicer, but i'm not really about veggie juice, more about orange and grapefruit. I found that one for $4.98!!!!!!!

http://www.smartbargains.com/search.aspx?aid=753&program=13456&hp=hdrSearch&k=juicer&t=hp...search.&an=&av=&s=&isRW=0

Milker.
mid-dec: stupid ass
mid-jan: seroconversion
mid-feb: poz
mar 07: cd4 432 (35%) vl 54000
may 07: cd4 399 (28%) vl 27760
jul 07: cd4 403 (26%) vl 99241
oct 07: cd4 353 (24%) vl 29993
jan 08: cd4 332 (26%) vl 33308
mar 08: cd4 392 (23%) vl 75548
jun 08: cd4 325 (27%) vl 45880
oct 08: cd4 197 (20%) vl 154000 <== aids diagnosis
nov 2 08 start Atripla
nov 30 08: cd4 478 (23%) vl 1880 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
feb 19 09: cd4 398 (24%) vl 430 getting there!
apr 23 09: cd4 604 (29%) vl 50 woohoo :D :D
jul 30 09: cd4 512 (29%) vl undetectable :D :D
may 27 10: cd4 655 (32%) vl undetectable :D :D

Now accepting applications from blowjob ninjas™

Offline HIV? poz about being neg

« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2007, 10:21:53 pm »
Would V8 juice be the same it has carrots celery and beets in it right?
Jan/25/07 VL > 100 000 CD4 480 21%
Apr/13/10     Started Atripla
May/11/10    VL !! 300 !!     CD4 520
Jul/15/10      VL    75          CD4 400   27%
Dec/20/10    VL UD             CD4 390 28%
Jan/10/12    VL UD              CD4 670 28%
Mar/31/14    VL UD              CD4 580 37%
May/27/14    VL UD              CD4 750
29%
Aug/18/14    Chemo HGL
Nov/10/14    VL UD               CD4 750
38%
Nov/25/14  Started Truvada with Tivicay

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2007, 09:55:34 am »
Would V8 juice be the same it has carrots celery and beets in it right?

No...you might as well be licking a salt lick.

Offline J.R.E.

« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2007, 05:21:02 pm »

Happy juicing ! Peace

Michael

After doing a little searching, found out that for a few more bucks, you can get it in stainless steel. I am getting tingly...   :)

http://store3-store.stores.yahoo.net/jaladepoju.html

Ray
« Last Edit: April 27, 2007, 05:23:48 pm by J.R.E. »

cd4/cd8 ratio -0.31

cd8 %-57

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline thunter34

• His name is Carl.
« Reply #16 on: April 27, 2007, 05:23:43 pm »

No...you might as well be licking a salt lick.

Oh, but I do also love a good V-8.  Spicy Hot V-8 to be precise.  Yes, it is a salt lick.  Close to 1,000 mg of sodium in an 8 oz glass!

Spicy V-8 makes a kick fanny Bloody Mary.
AIDS isn't for sissies.

Offline J.R.E.

« Reply #17 on: April 27, 2007, 05:31:38 pm »
 :o

V8 is very high in salt.. guess it probably has all the preservatives also. Fresh is best !! Plus, you find find it too acidic.

Ray

cd4/cd8 ratio -0.31

cd8 %-57

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline antibody

• "every man thinks his burden is the heaviest"
here here with the jack lalaine power juicer, had it for about 2 years. juice every day and love it!
Timbuk      <50/ 794  CD4 10/06 
                 <50/ 1096 CD4 3/07
                 <40/ 1854 CD4 4/09

Started Atripla  7/14/06
Switched to boosted Reyataz Truvada 3/28/07

*Ask me about Medical Marijuana and how it can help you!*

Offline bimazek

V8 is poison in my op.

Offline J.R.E.

here here with the jack lalaine power juicer, had it for about 2 years. juice every day and love it!

Well, I finally did it and Got the Jack L,  juicer the other day from Bed, Bath and Beyond. With a coupon for 20% off, I managed to get it for $75.00. So I think I did pretty good.

Ed is looking at this thing, wondering where it is going to be stored, since the counter top is already full of aother little gizmo's that I have managed to collect !! ::) ::)

Started juicing again yesterday. Lets see.... Carrots, cucumber pears, apples, tomato, cellery, and papaya. I should have stopped there. When I added the beet,  :P Yuk. !! had that"beet" taste with me for the rest of the night. The beet is pretty potent.

I should have looked at the recipe book before I began. Oh well.....

I just now, juiced some more carrots, cellery, apples, pears and red grapes. Gave a squirt of lemon juice and added some additional unsweetened apple juice. Also added some concentrated Pomagranate juice. Yum, taste very good.

I will have fun with this machine. The other one was probably at least 15 years old and the blade had just about had it.  This machine really extracts the juice, very well.

Ray

cd4/cd8 ratio -0.31

cd8 %-57

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline antibody

• "every man thinks his burden is the heaviest"
the beets can be an acquired taste. maybe try half a beet next time.
Timbuk      <50/ 794  CD4 10/06 
                 <50/ 1096 CD4 3/07
                 <40/ 1854 CD4 4/09

Started Atripla  7/14/06
Switched to boosted Reyataz Truvada 3/28/07

*Ask me about Medical Marijuana and how it can help you!*

Offline Central79

Well, I finally did it and Got the Jack L,  juicer the other day from Bed, Bath and Beyond. With a coupon for 20% off, I managed to get it for $75.00. So I think I did pretty good.

Why is everything in the UK so fucking expensive? This juicer retails for £119.79 - which is something like $230!

Anybody know a good source in the UK?

M
Diagnosed January 2006
26/1/06 - 860 (22%), VL > 500,000
24/4/06 - 820 (24.6%), VL 158,000
13/7/06 - 840 (22%), VL 268,000
1/11/06 - 680 (21%), VL 93,100
29/1/07 - 1,020 (27.5%), VL 46,500
15/5/07 - 1,140 (22.8%), VL not done.
13/10/07 - 759 (23.2%), VL 170,000
6/11/07 - 630 (25%), VL 19,324
14/1/08 - 650 (21%), VL 16,192
15/4/08 - 590 (21%), VL 40, 832

Offline J.R.E.

Why is everything in the UK so fucking expensive? This juicer retails for £119.79 - which is something like $230!

M

$230.00 is way out of line! even on television, the most I've seen this go for is $125.oo. It's made in China !! at a cost of probably less 40.00 !

Ray
« Last Edit: May 11, 2007, 07:13:32 pm by J.R.E. »

cd4/cd8 ratio -0.31

cd8 %-57

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline bimazek

Almost a month since i started beet carrot celery juice, still going great, i have lost 11 pds of fat, pure fat and kept the muscle, i feel energy and my stools are firmer and solid and have a great shape, i have been putting the juice in my protein shakes, i drink for breakfast first thing in morning

i make alot and put in the frig, so i have a weeks supply,

it is still plenty fresh

ok it is not , well if i do it right from machine i do feel kind of buzzed

but it is fine

i am very happy to be back on that

and people are complimenting my body,

i started eating alot out of depression when i found out i was poz

then i felt fat and hopeless

this has helped alot to feel human again

not to be fat is great

i am on the water diet

i add water to every juice and drink to cut calories

also i started to eat half the serving at restaruants and bring other half home

we americans get so gluttonous

it feels great to be leaner

still have the muscle

still work out every day

swim too

swim

Offline J.R.E.

i make alot and put in the frig, so i have a weeks supply,

I am not making too much at one time. I will make more of fruit juices, cause that will keep better. The juiced vegetables, take on a not so pleasant taste to me after the first day in the fridge, so I only make, what I am going to consume.

I can do without the beet. I  mostly use celery, carrots and cucumber. ( although cucumber can be quite a powerful taste also.) also throw a green pepper in. I drink about 10 ounces a day of the vegetable juice, and about the same of the fruit juice. Kind of fills me up !! So far everythings going fine here too.

Also found out how expensive it is, when I go shopping in the produce department !!  :o

Ray

cd4/cd8 ratio -0.31

cd8 %-57

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline aztecan

• 36 years positive, 64 years a pain in the butt
I don't have the Jack LaLane model, but I do juice a lot. For a while, I was buying the already squeezed carrot juice, but it just isn't the same.

I usually have 8 ounces of fresh carrot juice each morning. Sometimes I make apple juice or get creative with different fruits, veggies. But, I always have my straight carrot in the a.m. It is just so yummy.

Of course, I go through about 15 pounds of carrots a week, but what the heck.

HUGS,

Mark
"May your life preach more loudly than your lips."
~ William Ellery Channing (Unitarian Minister)

Offline Merlin

So Ray, has your JLL juicer started to stain yet from juicing all the carrots and beets so far?  ;D Washing it after juicing within 10 mins will help diminish the stains. I guess staining is inevitable with carrots and beet.

You got yours at a real bargain. Enjoy. I need to start again. It has been siting there on the kitchen cupboard for some months now "juicing" dust.:D

Dun think processed juice paks like V8 or any other can ever be real fresh juice. Homemade juice is still the best.

I add a teaspoon of maacha/matcha (green tea powder) into the juices for added taste. Can even put in some cold pressed grape seed, olive or virgin coconut oil too if you can assimilate the taste. To help add fibre, I sometimes add  psyllium husk in too for colon treatment. Be creative.

Michael

PS: FYI-->>Stick with vegetable juices instead of fruit juices and you'll consume one-third the calories. There are 30 calories in six ounces of tomato juice, compared with 100 in the same amount of orange juice.

« Last Edit: June 05, 2007, 01:51:52 am by Merlin »

+++

Make It Happen...

+++

Offline J.R.E.

So Ray, has your JLL juicer started to stain yet from juicing all the carrots and beets so far?  ;D Washing it after juicing within 10 mins will help diminish the stains. I guess staining is inevitable with carrots and beet.

I am getting a little bit of staining. I try to wash it down the minute I am through using it. It states you can use a mixture of household bleach and water to get rid of the stains, but I haven't tried that yet !!  ;)  But I am enjoying the juicer, and it's getting good use !!

cd4/cd8 ratio -0.31

cd8 %-57

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline bimazek

beets are the most important part

gotta have beet juice

it was considered a medicine in anchient greece

also

try adding water as u juice, this pulls the juice that is clinging to the pulp as u make it

i actually have the water focet directly over the opening of the machine so tons of water is going in with the carrots and beets, it seems to make the whole thing work better and juice better

otherwise i leave alot of juice in the pulp

someone above wrote 15 lbs of carrots a week
it that serious

i am now adding parsley to the carrot beet celery

use water add cold water to it or ice

Offline bimazek

anyone experience firmer or better stools i do

i also notice that the stools seem to be more normal now than before

Offline Dachshund

I am getting a little bit of staining. I try to wash it down the minute I am through using it. It states you can use a mixture of household bleach and water to get rid of the stains, but I haven't tried that yet !!  ;)  But I am enjoying the juicer, and it's getting good use !!

relax you ol' queen...staining comes with the territory ;D

Offline J.R.E.

relax you ol' queen...staining comes with the territory ;D

:P  Thanks heavens for Clorox !! :)

cd4/cd8 ratio -0.31

cd8 %-57

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline Merlin

Ya, adding Clorox into the juice mix will kill everything nasty inside...they say the rest will be history too! :D ;D

+++

Make It Happen...

+++

Offline fearless

my favourite home made juice is beetroot, carrot, apple and ginger. yummy.

i must, however, be one of those who cannot break down the beetroot though, as I excrete red pee and poo poo after. scared the hell out of me the first time.
Be forgiving, be grateful, be optimistic

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?

M

OMG are they really that expensive? I was given a Jack Power Juicer in March, but I'm finding it kinda intimidating so it's still sitting on top of my fridge, unused. It's second hand, but the person who had it before me only used it a few times. I'm not even sure if all the bits are with it. Guess I should give it a go and find out. ::)

Ann
(who isn't exactly a whiz in the kitchen)

Oh, and PS to Matt... The juicer belonged to my partner's son, whose favourite activity next to playing online computer games is smoking a bong and cyber-shopping. I'm sure he either bought it online or off some satellite shopping channel. I can tell you this much with certainty, there is NO WAY he would have spent £120 on it and he couldn't have bought it for less here on the Rock, because everything like that is even more expensive here than on the mainland. I'll try to find out from him where he got it - if he remembers. He moved to Jersey and that's how I ended up with it.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2007, 08:05:33 am by Ann »
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline J.R.E.

OMG are they really that expensive? I was given a Jack Power Juicer in March, but I'm finding it kinda intimidating so it's still sitting on top of my fridge, unused. It's second hand, but the person who had it before me only used it a few times. I'm not even sure if all the bits are with it. Guess I should give it a go and find out. ::)

Ann
(who isn't exactly a whiz in the kitchen)

Ann,

Its a very simple machine to use, and, to take apart and clean ! You don't need to be a mechanic !! :)

Now, start juicin !!

Bim,

I am still staying away from the juicin the beets, just too stromg for me, besides, I have beets at least twice a week, and otherwise, doing pretty good for my nutritional intake. So, I"me going to skip the beet !! :P  YUK !

cd4/cd8 ratio -0.31

cd8 %-57

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?

Ann,

Its a very simple machine to use, and, to take apart and clean ! You don't need to be a mechanic !! :)

Now, start juicin !!

LOL... yes sir! I'll do that sir! It's a rainy day today, so I just might have a go seeing as how I can't go play in my garden. ;D

Thanks for the encouragement, Ray.

Hugs
Ann
xxx

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline J.R.E.

LOL... yes sir! I'll do that sir!

Hugs
Ann
xxx

:D ;D  You don't have to sir me !!  It's Madam !!!  :D ;D

Edited to add, I am LMAO !! :D
« Last Edit: June 15, 2007, 08:18:16 am by J.R.E. »

cd4/cd8 ratio -0.31

cd8 %-57

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?

:D ;D  You don't have to sir me !!  It's Madam !!!  :D ;D

Yes ma'm! ;D

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline Merlin

Using The Pulp
« Reply #40 on: June 15, 2007, 08:28:18 am »
One good way to maximise the juicer is to use the Carrot pulp after juicing to minimise wastage.  The Jack LL juicer is pretty good cos it keeps the pulp moist dry after separation. Here's how:

For your Dogs on BARF diet:

Mix it in with raw minced meat. Add flaxseed oil plus any nutrients beneficial. The fibre will keep their stools firm.

For yourself:

Add some butter, sugar, flour and eggs and mix it with the carrot pulp and knead into a firm dough for baking into carrot cookies.
Some other pulps that can be used too, includes; apples and soya beans. Generally, fruits and vegetables with alot fibre will be best as they form the best "dough" that keep together without falling apart when kneading. Separate the pulps. Try not to mix the beet and celery pulp with the carrot together after juicing or it can be a "bloody" mess, not to mention the funny taste!  ;D Yum

Have fun!

Peace

Michael

+++

Make It Happen...

+++

Offline bimazek

guys and gals it is all about the beets the fresh beet juice

just use half of one

with 3 carrots and celery

use ice or chill it for taste

Offline J220

I am an absolute sucker for gadgets !!

My wife and I are the same, with kitchen gadgets. Pressure cookers, slow cookers, deep fryers, etc. you name it we got it. EXCEPT: a juicer! Will fix that forthwith...I did have one a long time ago, and you know what I really enjoyed? Onion juice! As crazy as it sounds, when you juice an onion, it comes out sort of sweet. It's best to mix with something elsehowever, but now I'm truly psyched about getting another juicer.

The one I used to have was a metal behemoth, worked great but it was big and heavy. What can anyone recommend nowadays?
« Last Edit: June 21, 2007, 04:13:56 pm by J220 »
"Hope is my philosophy
Just needs days in which to be
Love of Life means hope for me
Born on a New Day" - John David

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.