Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 08:44:49 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37652
  • Latest: Han2024
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773292
  • Total Topics: 66348
  • Online Today: 677
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 657
Total: 659

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Carlos 32  (Read 4951 times)

Offline Carlos 32

Carlos 32
« on: February 15, 2018, 07:16:39 am »
Kavey UK ""So, in summary - if you didn't test too late, have CD4 in normal range, are keeping virus undetectable and are looking after yourself, you are pretty much on a par with if you are HIV- in terms of what you can do, and the lifespan you can expect."

Esto quiere decir que los que empezamos tratamiento con menos de 200cd4 no tenemos una expedranza al menos cercana a la nomal de vida en comparacion con los que lo hicieron a tiempo? :'(

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
  • Threads: @jim16309
    • Social Media: Threads
Re: Carlos 32
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2018, 07:40:55 am »
Esto quiere decir que los que empezamos tratamiento con menos de 200cd4 no tenemos una expedranza al menos cercana a la nomal de vida en comparacion con los que lo hicieron a tiempo?

No Carlos, not at all. You are twisting something due to your own fears, best outcomes are from early diagnosis before damage can be done, late diagnosis does not automatically mean permanent damage is done

Inflammatory Diseases remains a concern and may cause earlier aging concerns however you are also being seen by a doctor and can detect and treat early for them, should they even be an issue for you. Even with all of this life expectancy is near normal even for you, your HIV does not change it as long as you treat it.

On the Inflammatory Disease part a lot of work is being done into this. No matter what even if they do not progress in this area over the next years you should like i said with treatment and care expect to live a normal life span, whatever that was for you and enjoy it.

To be honest at this rate and looking at your posts you will die from stress and heart-failure long before HIV or aging has a change  - Relax  ;)

Also I love you but stop hijacking other peoples threads with your own concerns. We have been over this topic before you and me https://forums.poz.com/index.php?topic=68672.msg739538#msg739538
« Last Edit: February 15, 2018, 07:49:24 am by JimDublin »
HIV 101 - Everything you need to know
HIV 101
Read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
Read about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
Read about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline CaveyUK

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2018, 07:58:13 am »
Kavey UK ""So, in summary - if you didn't test too late, have CD4 in normal range, are keeping virus undetectable and are looking after yourself, you are pretty much on a par with if you are HIV- in terms of what you can do, and the lifespan you can expect."

Esto quiere decir que los que empezamos tratamiento con menos de 200cd4 no tenemos una expedranza al menos cercana a la nomal de vida en comparacion con los que lo hicieron a tiempo? :'(

Lifespan is an odd concept, as so many variables exist - most of which are nothing to do with HIV. Lifestyle choices, vices, activity levels and genetic makeup can all influence lifespan to a greater extent, which is why the advice to all people living with HIV is to try and live as healthily and actively as possible.

Personally speaking, I was diagnosed with a cd4 count <200, and am now in the 'normal' range and UD. I live my life exactly as I did pre-diagnosis, work, travel, try to stay active etc. I don't have any direct impact on my day to day activities as a result of that later diagnosis and expect to live a long life. Will I get some problem in the future which is somehow related to my lower starting point? Possibly, but there's no point worrying about that really as I may not have any problems at all.

Basically the sooner you can be diagnosed, the less chance there is of later complications due to damage caused by the virus. That doesn't however mean that people starting with lower cd4's are *guaranteed* to have problems.

We all just owe it to ourselves to look after ourselves physically and mentally and thankfully with current treatments we can ALL look forward to long and healthy lives.
HIV - Basics
HIV 101
You can read more about Transmission and Risks here:
HIV Transmission and Risks
You can read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
You can read more about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read more about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
You can read more about PEP and PrEP here:
PEP and PrEP

Offline Carlos 32

« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2018, 08:43:21 am »
Mil disculpas Jim, pensé que comentaba sobre el mismo hilo y no sé cómo se abrió un nuevo hilo, fue un error y no intencional, disculpas a todos!

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2018, 08:48:07 am »
Carlos I've split the thread to keep your concern in its own thread to respect the original OP.

If you are concerned about your health to be honest the thing to worry about in life is the common things and most impactful. So reducing your controllable risks factors

Regardless of HIV status looking after yourself like quitting bad habits such as smoking, boozing, eating badly and not being active will help keep you healthier and is also going to help you prevent to a degree concerns from happing sooner in life. In short if your concerned about life expectancy or quality of life focus on the big impacting items that are within your control instead of stressing about might slightly impact things you can't change.

In my opinion it's no good being treated for hiv and smoking 20 a day, and worrying about hiv causing issues as the sure odds are you will die sooner but the main factor would be smoking not the hiv. Same for drinking, eating crap, being inactive or stressing for no reason ect ect ect

Jim

https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/hiv-nutrition
https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/hiv-smoking 

« Last Edit: February 15, 2018, 08:53:45 am by JimDublin »
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2018, 08:50:04 am »
Mil disculpas Jim, pensé que comentaba sobre el mismo hilo y no sé cómo se abrió un nuevo hilo, fue un error y no intencional, disculpas a todos!

No need to apologize. It's all good ;)
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline CaveyUK

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2018, 08:57:10 am »

In my opinion it's no good being treated for hiv and smoking 20 a day, and worrying about hiv causing issues as the sure odds are you will die sooner but the main factor would be smoking not the hiv. Same for drinking, eating crap, being inactive or stressing for no reason ect ect ect

I'm screwed basically!
HIV - Basics
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
You can read more about PEP and PrEP here:
PEP and PrEP

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2018, 09:05:47 am »
 ;D ;D ;D Yup- lol.

Same here,  my diet was and is crap, i smoked from age 11 to 34, 2 packs a day and until 2 years ago drunk like a fish and avoided unessasry movement at all costs ...

So HIV is a relatively minor impact on my long term health ;D

That said, I stopped smoking, do move more and walk places and have quit drinking as I have no excuse to continue to waste my health.

Going to the giant clauseway this weekend, so good bit of walking to do.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2018, 09:09:47 am by JimDublin »
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline Wade

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2018, 09:14:09 am »
I'm screwed basically!

;D ;D ;D

I quit smoking about 20 years ago but I still drink, eat crap and lace my spaghetti sauce with marijuana extract. Sitting around the table with 3 other old people that literally can't move after dinner...lol
I'm still here and enjoying life 30 years later, relax and enjoy yours  :)
HIV 101 - Basics
 HIV 101
 HIV Testing
 HIV TasP
 HIV prevention
 You can read more about PEP and PrEP here
 PEP and PrEP

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2018, 09:21:36 am »
my spaghetti sauce with marijuana extract

New twist on "space cake" and now we know the secrete ingredient to a successful dinner party  ;D

@Carlos 32

I know were kidding around a lot but I hope you are getting the support out of this thread you need. At the very least you now know how to spice up spaghetti sauce

Jim
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline Carlos 32

« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2018, 05:58:16 pm »
Su sentido del humor y su apoyo me hacen ver que existe futuro y que no todo el panorama es oscuro, gracias por el apoyo de hoy Jim

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2018, 06:48:10 pm »
You're welcome  ;)
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline JosephP

• Keep looking FORWARD... Dx'd 8/10/2013...
« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2018, 10:44:16 pm »

Carlos, my friend... No.. Realmente aquellos que empezamos el tratamiento cuando nuestros CD4 estaban por debajo de los 200 (198 fue el mio) no es que no tengamos esperanza de llevar una vida seminormal. Es enteramente posible que algo distinto al hiv nos lleve a la tumba... Pero espero que sea cuando este llegando a los 90 de vida!!.. No es una garantía que si empezaste el tratamiento tarde (<200) tendrás problemas mas tarde! Goza de la vida... Dale al hiv su puesto, pero que no ocupe tu vida totalmente!
Today January 20, 2020, I have taken 2378 pills of my ARV since first pill. This means 79 bottles of 30 pills of ARVs at an average of $3950 per bottle or $313,103 USD for my treatment. I have a compliance of 99.83% taking my meds and only .17% (or 4 pills) non-compliant. Of these four pills two I forgot completely, One I lost and one I didn't have with me while traveling! I became UD 3 months after treatment start   ***We are all dealing with this. And we will live long and productive lives!! AND, yes the Lord is my shepherd. Life is good... And thanks for the meds! ***

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.