Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 02:01:43 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773293
  • Total Topics: 66348
  • Online Today: 701
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 666
Total: 668

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Can you pass on virus to negative partner if viral load is undetectable?  (Read 16824 times)

Offline jm1953

Hey Members:

A friend recently told me that he read it's o.k to have unprotected sex if your viral load is undetectable.  He said he read about it in a reliable publication.  I said I don't think so, but now he is having unsafe sex with a partner who is negative. 

I'm not sure where exactly he got this information, but I was always under the impression you can still pass on the virus even when you have normal CD4's, like in his case above 1000, and undetectable viral load.  His partner is aware of his status so that poses another question.  Since his partner knows he is HIV+ and is willingly having sex with him, who is really the responsible party here?

I know a few partners where one is HIV+ and the other negative, and not getting into specifics, years have passed and the negative partner is still negative.

What's the scoop as I would like to prove my friend wrong in his assumption.  I know there is literature out there about this, but would like your input and possible links to refer to.

As usual thanks,

jm1953
Positive 29 years. Diagnosed 10/1987.  Current CD 4: 720: Viral load: almost 100.  Current drug regimen, Tivicay, Emtriva, Endurant, Wellbutrin, Clonazepam, Uloric, Losartan Potassium,Allegra, Ambien, Testosterone, Nandrolone, Vicodin, Benedryl, Aspirin, lots of vitamin supplements.

Offline GSOgymrat

• HIV+ since 1993. Relentlessly gay.
Re: Can you pass on virus to negative partner if viral load is undetectable?
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2009, 11:59:37 pm »
Let's say hypothetically that undetectable means not infectious. How does your friend know he has an undetectable viral load on any given day? I've had "blips" where my viral load was undetectable, then detectable and then dropped back to undetectable while on the same medication regimen.

Online leatherman

• Global Moderator
  • Google and HIV meds are Your Friends
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2009, 12:25:59 am »
my two cents:
this is probably just like the hetero serodiscordant couples that choose to have unprotected sex to have a child. I still think it's like playing with fire. and the partner? when he gets burned and ends up infected with a terminal disease he better not start crying about it.  ;)
leatherman (aka Michael)

We were standing all alone
You were leaning in to speak to me
Acting like a mover shaker
Dancing to Madonna then you kissed me
And I think about it all the time
- Darren Hayes, "Chained to You"

Offline Inchlingblue

• Chad Ochocinco PETA Ad
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2009, 12:32:42 am »
If someone is undetectable it means they are less infectious but not 100%.

There was a Swiss study that found no transmission among serodiscordant couples if the HIV+ partner was undetectable for at least six months and remained adherent to meds. But there was another study that found detectable levels of HIV in the semen of men who were undetectable in the plasma.

LINKS:

http://www.hivandhepatitis.com/recent/2008/020508_a.html

http://www.natap.org/2009/CROI/croi_157.htm

Offline edfu

"No one will ever be free so long as there are pestilences."--Albert Camus, "The Plague"

"Mankind can never be free until the last brick in the last church falls on the head of the last priest."--Voltaire

Offline BM

« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2009, 07:29:06 am »
If someone is undetectable it means they are less infectious but not 100%.

There was a Swiss study that found no transmission among serodiscordant couples if the HIV+ partner was undetectable for at least six months and remained adherent to meds. But there was another study that found detectable levels of HIV in the semen of men who were undetectable in the plasma.

LINKS:

Key to the finding in that report is that the couples under study were heterosexual, not homosexual.

Offline David_CA

« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2009, 08:23:06 am »
I think a lot of it also depends on what 'role' he's playing.  If he's positive but undetectable and on the receiving end, I'd say it's pretty safe (my opinion only).  What fluid is being exchanged from bottom to the top (assuming no rectal sores and / or abnormal openings on the top's penis)?  If he's a positive top that's undetectable, then there would naturally be some risk.  There used to be a member here (Whizzer) who was in a study to test for HIV in semen.  He's not signed in in over two years due to some BS, which is unfortunate, as I was interested in hearing the results. 
Black Friday 03-03-2006
03-23-06 CD4 359 @27.4% VL 75,938
06-01-06 CD4 462 @24.3% VL > 100,000
08-15-06 CD4 388 @22.8% VL >  "
10-21-06 CD4 285 @21.9% VL >  "
  Atripla started 12-01-2006
01-08-07 CD4 429 @26.8% VL 1872!
05-08-07 CD4 478 @28.1% VL 740
08-03-07 CD4 509 @31.8% VL 370
11-06-07 CD4 570 @30.0% VL 140
02-21-08 CD4 648 @32.4% VL 600
05-19-08 CD4 695 @33.1% VL < 48 undetectable!
08-21-08 CD4 725 @34.5%
11-11-08 CD4 672 @39.5%
02-11-09 CD4 773 @36.8%
05-11-09 CD4 615 @36.2%
08-19-09 CD4 770 @38.5%
11-19-09 CD4 944 @33.7%
02-17-10 CD4 678 @39.9%  
06-03-10 CD4 768 @34.9%
09-21-10 CD4 685 @40.3%
01-10-11 CD4 908 @36.3%
05-23-11 CD4 846 @36.8% VL 80
02-13-12 CD4 911 @41.4% VL<20
You must be the change you want to see in the world.  Mahatma Gandhi

Offline jm1953

« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2009, 10:59:24 pm »
Thanks for the information you guys!

I believe my friend was going on the assumption that if non-detectable for six months straight it is alright to have unprotected sex with your partner.  And as a side note, I forgot to mention he told me he is versatile in the sack meaning being the top or bottom.

One made a point one's viral load may go up and down in between tests where then he could infect his partner.  However I guess this is a risk they want to take. 

My friend has been positive since 1985 and basically a non-progressor.  I know there have been studies on non-progressors but I don't know about passing on the virus when being one.

Also, there seems to have been changes in the assumption when an HIV+ person chooses to have sex with a partner + or - he is then the responsible party.  But then I've heard the tables have turned and it is the responsibility of the receiver or partner.  In any case, in the straight or gay world, I assume if I was negative I would just take for granted who ever I am having sex with is positive until proven otherwise by a test or something.  So the risk is mine.

In this case, my friend's partner is consensual, but based on his kind of scary history, if he became infected I think there may be Hell to pay for my friend.  Kind of concerned about him and his judgment calls.

Any more thoughts please share.

And thanks again for your responses.  I will follow up on the links provided.

Best,

jm1953
Positive 29 years. Diagnosed 10/1987.  Current CD 4: 720: Viral load: almost 100.  Current drug regimen, Tivicay, Emtriva, Endurant, Wellbutrin, Clonazepam, Uloric, Losartan Potassium,Allegra, Ambien, Testosterone, Nandrolone, Vicodin, Benedryl, Aspirin, lots of vitamin supplements.

Offline tednlou2

« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2009, 12:54:58 am »
Dr. Joel Gallant, a top HIV doc, just talked about this Swiss study on "John Hopkins HIV Guide".  You can find it on the web and even ask him questions.  Dr Gallant said he does believe it is virtually impossible to transmit HIV while undetectable.  However, he had the same concerns--how do you know you are undetectable on any given day.  You would have to have sex immediately following the viral load test--even then you can't be totally sure. 

As other's said, it depends on the kind of sex.  The CDC even says it is very unlikely to get HIV from performing oral sex--unless you have cuts in the mouth and the person has a very high viral load.  My partner is a total top and never got my virus from topping me or performing oral sex on me.  I was diagnosed one year ago, but have it for several years.  We take more precautions since finding out I was poz.  He probably was just lucky, but we do know that tops are at far less risk. 

So, I guess it depends on whether the person is willing to take the risk.  The World Health Organization just said HIV mothers should be on HIV meds so they can breast feed.  I thought that was irresponsible because how can those mothers always be sure they are undetectable.  I was bottle fed and turned out okay.   

Offline Inchlingblue

• Chad Ochocinco PETA Ad
« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2009, 10:21:20 am »
  He probably was just lucky, but we do know that tops are at far less risk.  

Maybe so, but I do know a good friend who is a total top, he rarely if ever even performs oral sex, and he got it.

Part of what facilitates transmission of HIV is the presence of other STDs. Herpes especially has been linked with facilitating transmission of HIV and this happens even without the presence of an actual herpes sore. It can happen right before the sore has appeared or right after it has healed, the cells on that area of skin are more vulnerable. And not just herpes but gonorrhea, chlamydia, etc.

Offline Assurbanipal

• Taking a forums break, still see PM's
« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2009, 11:17:15 am »
Maybe so, but I do know a good friend who is a total top, he rarely if ever even performs oral sex, and he got it.

Part of what facilitates transmission of HIV is the presence of other STDs. Herpes especially has been linked with facilitating transmission of HIV and this happens even without the presence of an actual herpes sore. It can happen right before the sore has appeared or right after it has healed, the cells on that area of skin are more vulnerable. And not just herpes but gonorrhea, chlamydia, etc.

Just to be clear, transmission estimates show all anal sex as far more risky than oral sex regardless of position.  While anal sex as the bottom is an order of magnitude or so riskier than as the top, an anal top still has far greater risk of HIV than any estimate of risk from oral sex -- no matter whose estimates you look at.
5/06 VL 1M+, CD4 22, 5% , pneumonia, thrush -- O2 support 2 months, 6/06 +Kaletra/Truvada
9/06 VL 3959 CD4 297 13.5% 12/06 VL <400 CD4 350 15.2% +Pravachol
2007 VL<400, 70, 50 CD4 408-729 16.0% -19.7%
2008 VL UD CD4 468 - 538 16.7% - 24.6% Osteoporosis 11/08 doubled Pravachol, +Calcium/D
02/09 VL 100 CD4 616 23.7% 03/09 VL 130 5/09 VL 100 CD4 540 28.4% +Actonel (osteoporosis) 7/09 VL 130
8/09  new regimen Isentress/Epzicom 9/09 VL UD CD4 621 32.7% 11/09 VL UD CD4 607 26.4% swap Isentress for Prezista/Norvir 12/09 (liver and muscle issues) VL 50
2010 VL UD CD4 573-680 26.1% - 30.9% 12/10 VL 20
2011 VL UD-20 CD4 568-673 24.7%-30.6%
2012 VL UD swap Prezista/Norvir for Reyataz drop statin CD4 768-828 26.7%-30.7%
2014 VL UD - 48
2015 VL 130 Moved to Triumeq

Offline Rjane

« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2009, 12:12:48 pm »
Thanks for the information you guys!

I believe my friend was going on the assumption that if non-detectable for six months straight it is alright to have unprotected sex with your partner.  And as a side note, I forgot to mention he told me he is versatile in the sack meaning being the top or bottom.

One made a point one's viral load may go up and down in between tests where then he could infect his partner.  However I guess this is a risk they want to take. 

My friend has been positive since 1985 and basically a non-progressor.  I know there have been studies on non-progressors but I don't know about passing on the virus when being one.

Also, there seems to have been changes in the assumption when an HIV+ person chooses to have sex with a partner + or - he is then the responsible party.  But then I've heard the tables have turned and it is the responsibility of the receiver or partner.  In any case, in the straight or gay world, I assume if I was negative I would just take for granted who ever I am having sex with is positive until proven otherwise by a test or something.  So the risk is mine.

In this case, my friend's partner is consensual, but based on his kind of scary history, if he became infected I think there may be Hell to pay for my friend.  Kind of concerned about him and his judgment calls.

Any more thoughts please share.

And thanks again for your responses.  I will follow up on the links provided.

Best,

jm1953

I think str8 couples can. Not so sure about gay couples.

Offline ruralguy

« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2009, 01:43:32 pm »
Gallant recently wrote in his Q&A that he doesn't believe there has ever been a documented case of transmission from an hiv+ person on meds.

tested positive June 19, 2009
7/3/09 vrl 9000 cd4 - 300
8/14/09 cd4 - 350, 20%
started Atripla 9/14/09
10/5/09 vrl undetectable, WOW so fast!
12/28/09 vrl undetectable, CD4 - 615  27% cholesterol down, kidney function normal
4/26/10 vrl undetectable, CD4-600, kidney and liver numbers normal
9/9/10 vrl undetectable, CD4-685
1/3/11 vrl undetectable, CD4-700
all 2011 and Jan 2012 visits vrl undetectable CD4 ranged from 715-645
5/7/2012  vrl undetectable, CD4-615, all liver, kidney, lipids, heart functions, etc normal

On Atripla:  "Your mileage may vary"

Offline GSOgymrat

• HIV+ since 1993. Relentlessly gay.
« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2009, 01:51:22 pm »
Gallant recently wrote in his Q&A that he doesn't believe there has ever been a documented case of transmission from an hiv+ person on meds.

Not everyone who is on medication has an undetectable viral load. I wasn't undetectable until 2003 and it took a variety of combos to get there. I would love to believe that I can't transmit the virus but I won't believe it until I see more compelling studies.

Offline Miss Philicia

• celebrity poster, faker & poser
« Reply #14 on: December 05, 2009, 01:57:58 pm »

Either you or good ole Dr. Joel needs to more carefully phrase that.  I can assure you that I was infectious for 13 years on medication, as I still had a viral load for that long.
"I’ve slept with enough men to know that I’m not gay"

Offline jgallant

« Reply #15 on: December 06, 2009, 01:07:33 am »
Dr. G here.  I've been seriously misquoted!  I said I wasn't aware of a reported case of HIV transmission from someone with an undetectable viral loads.   That doesn't mean it's impossible, and it definitely doesn't mean that antiretroviral therapy prevents transmission.  There are plenty of people on treament who have high viral loads and who are capable of transmitting HIV (including resistant virus).

Offline edfu

« Reply #16 on: December 06, 2009, 01:19:19 am »
Dr. Gallant,

Thanks so very much for your gracious clarification.  It's extremely generous for you to take the time to respond to the misquotes on this board.  I know I speak for many when I state that we are more than grateful for your great work over the years.  Thanks again. 
"No one will ever be free so long as there are pestilences."--Albert Camus, "The Plague"

"Mankind can never be free until the last brick in the last church falls on the head of the last priest."--Voltaire

Offline Tim Horn

« Reply #17 on: December 06, 2009, 07:25:59 am »

Dr. G here.  I've been seriously misquoted!  I said I wasn't aware of a reported case of HIV transmission from someone with an undetectable viral loads.   That doesn't mean it's impossible, and it definitely doesn't mean that antiretroviral therapy prevents transmission.  There are plenty of people on treament who have high viral loads and who are capable of transmitting HIV (including resistant virus).

First off, to settle any doubt, yes -- that was the real Joel Gallant, MD, who stopped in to set the record straight.

Second, this is a great example of why we really, really like people to do their best to cite their references when quoting someone else or discussing information published elsewhere on the web. Not to single you out, ruralguy, but it would have been best if you provided a direct link to Dr. Gallant's authoritative discussion of this subject, to keep the information shared here as honest as possible.

Tim   

Offline ruralguy

« Reply #18 on: December 06, 2009, 09:25:51 am »
Here is a link to Gallant's archive in HIV prevention and transmission.

http://www.hopkins-hivguide.org/q_a/patient/hiv_transmission_and_prevention/index.html?siteId=7151&contentInstanceId=235736

I is certainly worht a read.  Unprotected sex is never ok.  No intent to miss lead anyone here on that point.

Going forward I'll simply provide the links without any comment.
tested positive June 19, 2009
7/3/09 vrl 9000 cd4 - 300
8/14/09 cd4 - 350, 20%
started Atripla 9/14/09
10/5/09 vrl undetectable, WOW so fast!
12/28/09 vrl undetectable, CD4 - 615  27% cholesterol down, kidney function normal
4/26/10 vrl undetectable, CD4-600, kidney and liver numbers normal
9/9/10 vrl undetectable, CD4-685
1/3/11 vrl undetectable, CD4-700
all 2011 and Jan 2012 visits vrl undetectable CD4 ranged from 715-645
5/7/2012  vrl undetectable, CD4-615, all liver, kidney, lipids, heart functions, etc normal

On Atripla:  "Your mileage may vary"

Offline jm1953

« Reply #19 on: December 06, 2009, 09:53:14 pm »

Dr. Gallant:

I'm the member who originally posted this topic and wanted to say what an honor it is to see you on the forums.  I have admired your work and contributions for many years.

I'm sorry a member misquoted you.  As stated before the forum does ask members to cite their references when quoting someone else.  I'm sure he had the best of intentions. 

This topic has proven to be a controversial one, and there seem to be many points of view.  For me, this forum has been invaluable.  I hope we may hear more from you in the future.

Thank you again for your correcting us,

Respectfully,

Jeff

Offline sanitex

« Reply #20 on: December 06, 2009, 11:55:14 pm »

hi everyone
                    Is't possible to infect with another strain perhaps the person was undeiectable with the
virus maybe if someone was on another regimens not the same regimens with you is't possible to
have unprotect sex (virgina sex not anal sex)?
27/12/07 cd4 20 vl 1m
10/4 /08 cd4 86 vl 63
1/7/08  cd4 186 vl un
16/10/08 cd4 196 vl un
23/1/09 cd4 248 vl un
10/9/11 cd4 418 vl <40 %22
13/12/11 cd4 410 vl un 23%
24/2/12 cd4 545 vl un 26%
22/2/12 chge trv to Recovir-em.10/9/11 cd4 418 vl <40 %22
7/7/12 cd4 359 vl <40 22%
23/8/12 cd4 400 vl <40 23%,
testosterone test 7.5 ng/ml and
thyroid (TSH)1.32 ml.
13/12/2012 cd4 523 24% vl <40
18/3/2013 cd4  513  23% vl <40
03/8/2013 cd4 429 22% vl <40
13/11/2013 cd4 455 23% vl <40
Anti-HBs testquantitative Anti-HBs pos
Titer 16.95 mlu/ml <10.00
22/3/14 cd4 396 vl <40 24%
24/7/14 tevir
24/9/14 cd4 517 vl <40 22%
16/3/15 cd4 545 vl  85 24%
12/4/16 cd4 626 vl <40 25%
16/8/16 cd4 396 vl <40 27% changNVP/recovir-em 22/7
8/12/16 cd4 511 vl ud 23%
5/6/16 cd4 688 vl ud %27
17/9 /20  chng TLD

Offline tednlou2

« Reply #21 on: December 07, 2009, 12:37:58 am »
I'M CONFUSED NOW.  WASN'T THE MAIN QUESTION WHETHER YOU CAN PASS HIV IF UNDETECTABLE?  DR. GALLANT HAS MADE THESE STATEMENTS:  HE SAID, "...PEOPLE WITH UNDETECTABLE VIRAL LOADS DON'T TRANSMIT HIV."  I'VE SAID IN A PREVIOUS POST THAT HE DID QUALIFY THIS WITH THE POSSIBILITY OF NOT KNOWING WHAT YOUR VIRAL LOAD WAS ON ANY GIVEN DAY.  I'M JUST CONFUSED BY ALL THIS. 

OKAY, I'M A LITTLE SLOW SOMETIMES.  SOMEONE SUGGESTED DR. GALLANT DOESN'T BELIEVE ANYONE ON MEDS CAN TRANSMIT HIV.  THAT IS VERY DIFFERENT FROM WHAT HE HAS SAID ABOUT BEING UNDETECTABLE.  I WAS BLONDE AS A CHILD....KIDDING EVERYONE.   

chance of transmission

Joel E. Gallant, M.D., M.P.H.

Posted on Nov 25, 2009
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
What is the chance of transmission from a positive woman with an undetectable viral load for 8 years to a negative man having unprotected sex a couple of times?

On Nov 25, 2009 Joel E. Gallant, M.D., M.P.H. replied:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You'd be more likely to be killed by a tree falling through the roof of the house while having sex.

AND HE SAID THIS....

On Nov 12, 2009 Joel E. Gallant, M.D., M.P.H. replied:

The "Swiss statement" was a statement based on data from multiple sources, not from a single "Swiss study." No one would ever make such a sweeping statement based on a single study--at least no one responsible.

As I've already said, I accept the basic premise of the statement: that people with undetectable viral loads don't transmit HIV. The primary concern has to do with the inability to always know whether your viral load is undetectable. You don't seem to be reading my answers very clearly, because I'm not disagreeing with the statment. I'm simplying saying that anyone considering practicing unprotected sex needs to consider the limitations before completely accepting the statement at face value. I have no problem with a couple trying to conceive naturally provided both parties are well informed, and the male partner has had a recent undetectable viral load.

Offline veritas

« Reply #22 on: December 07, 2009, 08:32:44 am »

Perhaps the conservative approach to this issue is the safest way to go. A good overview concerning passing on the virus can be found here:

http://www.aids.org/factsheets/125-viral-load-tests.html

"Some people may think that if their viral load is undetectable, they can't pass the HIV virus to another person. This is not true. There is no "safe" level of viral load. Although the risk is less, you can pass HIV to another person even if your viral load is undetectable"

If you have HIV, there is always the possibility to transmit without playing safe------period.

v

Offline Inchlingblue

• Chad Ochocinco PETA Ad
« Reply #23 on: December 07, 2009, 12:44:04 pm »
Additionally, as cited above, when it comes to transmission from a male (whether to a female or to another male) it has been found that even with those individuals that are undetectable in the plasma, detectable levels of virus were found in the semen.

LINK:

Of course if someone is undetectable the odds become such that the chances of transmission are very low, but I would not say it's impossible. And there's also the question of whether other STDs such as herpes are present, which make for a higher probability of transmission.

Offline Cerrid

• only as good as your last haircut
« Reply #24 on: December 07, 2009, 01:55:35 pm »
It's the same issue like kissing, and this has been solved in the mid 80ies: There's virus present in saliva, so it's not undetectable. However, the concentration is too low, so there hasn't been a single case where HIV has been transmitted by kissing. Hence it's assumed to be safe. Transmission is not impossible, but apparently very unlikely. Impossible isn't really a category in medicine, or life in general. You can never be 100% safe in life.

If all three criteria of the Swiss paper are met, transmission is highly improbable. Which means: It has never been observed in reality. If you're unsure about your own or your boyfriend's condition, better use condoms. If you're adherent, undetectable for at least six months in a row and you're both free of STI, then you both can play as you like. It requires some talks, but it's worth it.

http://www.aidsmap.com/en/news/4E9D555B-18FB-4D56-B912-2C28AFCCD36B.asp
"Boredom is always counterrevolutionary. Always." (Guy Debord)

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #25 on: December 07, 2009, 05:43:04 pm »
Saliva has over a dozen different enzymes and proteins that inhibit HIV transmission.

Offline xman

« Reply #26 on: December 07, 2009, 06:16:55 pm »
I guess he was referring to the statistical possibilities and did a comparison between transmission from saliva and from undetectable fluids like sperma and blood. Mathematically we approach a 0.0001% or 1 in 100.000 infection risk valid for both, which of course doesn't completely eliminate the possibility of infection but puts it at a negligible point. It would be the same risk as to be hit deadly by a truck.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2009, 06:22:34 pm by xman »

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.