Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 02:10:03 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772946
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 424
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 359
Total: 360

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: he didnt infect me  (Read 4183 times)

tendai

he didnt infect me
« on: August 04, 2006, 09:01:01 am »
i just got off the phone with my ex-ex.  he's the one who i believed to have infected me.  he says he was in hsopital for about 4 months with TB but he tested negative for HIV. he could be lying of course but he swears. i was so convinced that he was the one coz we were trying to get pregnant and he's the one i knew for sure i wasnt safe with. so now i have no idea when i got it. ok let mejust put this out of my mind and be glad for him that  i didnt infect him. somehow i feel better not knowing who infected me. strange isnt it?

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
Re: he didnt infect me
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2006, 09:05:12 am »
Tendai,

I agree - it's often better not to know. I'm not sure why.

Knowing who isn't going to make HIV go away. I think it's about moving forward.

Regards,

MtD

Offline Sdgirl

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2006, 09:10:59 am »
Tendai,

I know who infected me, but it makes no difference, because in reality, I infected myself with HIV.  I am the one responsible for my body, my health and my sexual well being.  Somehow knowing this, makes it easier.  Because ultimately, we are all responsible for our own actions.

Lisa
"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate.  Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.  It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us.  We ask ourselves.."Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?  Actually, who are you not to be?"

Offline ndrew

• ....-.-.-.-.-.....
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2006, 09:18:13 am »
Well I know from personal experience that the person who infects you may not know or may possibly LIE about their status.  I hear what you are saying, Lisa, about "I infected myself," but I can't quite take all the blame.  Is this denial on my part?  We are not alone in all of this and how will we make headway if we don't expect others to be tested regularly and to be honest?

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2006, 09:25:32 am »
Ndrew,

"Knowing who" is really just shorthand for "wanting someone to blame". The problem with blame is that for almost all of us (I know of only one person in this place to whom this does not apply) ultimately it comes right back home to us.

Lisa is, as usual, spot on. We infect ourselves. We make the decisions that lead us to contract HIV and none of us can really move forward until we accept that. It's bitter, but it's true.

MtD

Offline Moffie65

• Living POZ since 1983
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2006, 09:39:40 am »
Tendai,

The responses you have received so far are quite supportive in their core, and I would hope you understand that now is a really good time to, as you say, move on and get on with your life. 

Because of my life in Kenya; I absolutely understand the consequences of being HIV+ and living where you do, so please be assured that there are those of us here who do understand, and that we will be sending you positive energy around the globe to help you achieve some calm and focus when looking into your future life there in South Africa.  And....... please stay warm, I see you guys are having one hellofa winter there.

In Love and Support.
The Bible contains 6 admonishments to homosexuals,
and 362 to heterosexuals.
This doesn't mean that God doesn't love heterosexuals,
It's just that they need more supervision.
Lynn Lavne

tendai

« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2006, 10:39:07 am »
thanks guys.  its kind of brought a sense of closure . now i'm just concentrating on myself and maintaining my overall health with no resentment and blame bringing me down. i infected myself and now i have to deal with it. 
Moffie:  this winter doesnt want to end, man. i cant even imagine how i would be able to survive if i lived in a colder climate than this :-*

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.