Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 09:02:12 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773294
  • Total Topics: 66348
  • Online Today: 804
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 747
Total: 748

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Update on moi...  (Read 14074 times)

Offline terpie82

Update on moi...
« on: June 01, 2008, 09:29:06 am »
I know it's long over due and I deserve a lashing or two for not posting, but I felt recent lab results warranted an update. I've been undetectable since May 2004 with no relaspe, have been taking Atripla since it was first made available and the Sustiva equivalent combo before then with great sucess and minimal complications. However, this past week's lab results shockingly revealed to me that I was certainly not immortal when I learned my VL load is 620. My case manager/physician at NIH believe it's a possible blipp and want to redo labs in three weeks. I'm not as confident as they are however, but I have initiated alternative therapies in combination with Atripla to hopefully enhance the drug's efficacy before the 3 week redo. My big question is for those who are or have been undetectable, have you ever had a relaspe and if so, have you been able to bring it back down to undetectable again??? Just want to know so I can prepare myself for what's to come.

Besides that, everything is going well. I've had a talk with my advisor and it's been agreed that I will graduate with my PhD in biology in May 2009 and NIH has showed interest in recruiting me as scientist after I graduate to do HIV research. However, my over-ambition has motivated me to possibly consider med school to get an MD or PA so that I can work with patients as well, and not just be stuck in a lab all day. Plus, I think it's time that someone who treats his/her HIV+ patients understands what their patients are going through. And as for my love life, I am still involved in a serodiscordant relationship with the same person for 16 months now. As a matter of fact, OzPaul and his partner have met Nate (my partner) in their recent April visit to NIH. Last weekend, I was in Niagara Falls, NY and even contemplated crossing the border to tie the knot, but decided to wait until school is done with.

That's it for now. Please keep your fingers crossed for me concerning the first paragraph.
Love always, Terpie/Minh.
Diagnosed in 2003
UD since 2004 and >35%
Three-month treatment interruption for NIH study and back on Stribild 1/8/16

Offline bear60

Re: Update on moi...
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2008, 09:36:43 am »
Congratulations on your degree.  Best of luck for the future.
Poz Bear Type in Philadelphia

Offline Bruce_Wayne

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2008, 09:39:02 am »
Beautiful to hear man......

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2008, 10:21:14 am »
Wow, big congratulations on your degree.  I wouldn't get too worked up over the viral load thing.  Some people's vl has blips quite often.  Good luck.
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Condom and Lube Info https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/safer-sex
Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/treatmentasprevention-tasp

Offline Robert

« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2008, 11:44:55 am »

"  I am still involved in a serodiscordant relationship with the same person for 16 months now. "

ummm... If i had to guess, that's how long I would say it's been since we last heard from you ~~ !!.

Minh...It's so good to hear from you.  I like the idea of you becoming a Dr.  My first personal physician after I came out was gay.  He was, without a doubt, the nicest, most caring and most knowledgeable Dr I've ever had.  He died from AIDS during the 1st wave, more than 20 years ago.  I still miss him.  I think you would make a tremendous Dr and if ADAP would pay for it, I would be willing to travel across the country just for my checkups.

I can't help you with the relapse problem.  I started meds shortly after I became ill with PCP.  I had 18 t-cells and 1M+ VL.  Within just a few months, my VL became undetectable (March, 2004) and I've  been undetectable ever since.  I'm about 90% compliant, by choice.  (3 times/month, I miss my dosage).

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that this is just a blip and you'll be fine.  Think of it as part of your training to become Minh, Ace HIV Doctor.

robert

Offline beaubrent

« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2008, 01:23:02 pm »

I wouldn't worry about the "blip"; it seems to me you would lose more t-cells worrying from it than is helpful. Sometimes the numbers just seem unusual, and it isn't as if the number it went to is terribly low. Maybe the stress of school?

I imagine that being a patient makes you an ideal doctor. I would, hands down, prefer to have an HIV-positive doctor any day. I just don't know any. The personal interest you would bring to being a scientist surely has to mean you're going to do great things. I'll keep an eye open to read your name in the future!

When I found out I had HIV,

I woke up and started living.

Offline J.R.E.

• Positive since 1985, joined forums 12/03
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2008, 08:37:14 pm »
Hello Minh,

First, Congratulations on your degree. I wish you the best, when you recieve this in May of 09.

As far as the blips. I have had several, since starting on meds in October of 03.

Had a 155 blip on January of 04

150 on May of 04

166 on November of 05

And the last one 288 on May of 06.

Each time it has always gone back to undetectable on it's own, by the next blood draw.
Been undetectable now, since May of 06 (knock on wood)

Keep us updated, Take care-----Ray

Current Meds ; Viramune / Epzicom Eliquis, Diltiazem. Pravastatin 80mg, Ezetimibe. UPDATED 2/18/24
 Tested positive in 1985,.. In October of 2003, My t-cell count was 16, Viral load was over 500,000, Percentage at that time was 5%. I started on  HAART on October 24th, 2003.

UPDATED: As of April, 2nd 2024,Viral load Undetectable.
CD 4 @593 /  CD4 % @ 18 %

Lymphocytes,total-3305 (within range)

cd4/cd8 ratio -0.31

cd8 %-57

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline terpie82

« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2008, 07:45:09 am »
Thanks Bear, Bruce, and Betty (sounds poetic). Robert, it's been too long my friend! It's about that time of the year where I look back and reminiscent about the great times I had at Montreal and the great people I met, and you were especially one of them. Your heart was the size of a car back then and I'm confident it's grown to be the size of a house now. And I'm so sorry about your physician  :'( , but he definitely left behind a long lasting legacy with the living, and that's all anyone could ever wish for when they leave this world. Beau makes me :) , thanks Beau! Ray, after I read your post, I breathed a BIG sigh of relief not because you had blips, but because you were able to go undetectable after them. Thanks a billion for that as you have no clue how much your post meant for my confidence. When I got the news, I was ready to make necessary "arrangements" and to anticipate the worst. However, the basic gist from everyone is that I'm over-reacting, paranoid, and over-stressing over school, which brought on the blip in the first place (thanks for pointing that out Beau). *Muah*
Love Always, Terpie/Minh
Diagnosed in 2003
UD since 2004 and >35%

Offline Basquo

« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2008, 08:44:57 am »
Hi, Minh!  Good to see you here, stranger. I think you'd be a great doctor. Congratulations on the relationship, too.

hugs,
Creighton

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2008, 05:12:32 pm »
Well done on the degree, Minh. Congrats on rocking along with your fella! The blip? That's all it's going to be.

Big cheers,
Andy Velez

Offline AlanBama

• Alabama: the 'other' 3rd World Country!
« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2008, 05:46:36 pm »
Good to hear from you Minh!   Don't worry about this VL thing, honey it is most likely a blip.....

Glad things are going well!

hugs,

Alan   :-*

PS -- I also think you would make a great MD !
"Remember my sentimental friend that a heart is not judged by how much you love, but by how much you are loved by others." - The Wizard of Oz

Offline OzPaul

• 40 year, Long Term Survivor/LTNP
« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2008, 08:06:21 pm »
Hi Minh

It's great to see you back here  :D

I'm sure the blip will be just that. I'll keep sending you good vibes.

It was wonderful to see you and to meet Nate recently ! You look well and happy.

Keep well and stay happy my friend.

Paul

Offline joemutt

« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2008, 04:38:17 am »
I think you would be a wonderful doctor.
Keep us posted about the VL blip.

Offline megasept

• Steven here...
« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2008, 01:22:58 pm »
Wow. Keep on!

As for the VL "blip" I had blips, especially during years between treatments. The downside to being undetectable is it's hard not to get blue when the VL heads up for a while. I had nearly a year at "statistical zero" long after stopping meds---I had "settled" at 200-600 VL prior. VL isn't everything. 6 years later, I am undetectable again, but this time due to (new) treatment. I'll enjoy my temporary good fortune. But I won't get too upset when VL rises once again.

There are other scientists/would-be MDs on this Site. You guys really inspire me, whether HIV is your life's work or not. Continued happiness and every professional success.

8) -megasept

Offline Jody

« Reply #14 on: June 09, 2008, 09:11:36 pm »
So good to hear from you Minh and congrats on your degree, you rock.  I got to meet you in Montreal and you are a wonderful young man!!!

Take care and keep on truckin'

Jody  :)
"Wake up to find out that you are the eyes of the world".
 "Try to discover that you are the song that the morning brings."

Grateful Dead

Offline terpie82

« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2008, 05:06:21 pm »
Thanks everyone for the wonderful words of encouragement. It's especially great to hear from a lot of the people such as my friend Ozzy Paul and those I met in Montreal 2 years ago such as Basquo my roomie and the inspirational Andy, . I'm also elated to report that lab results came back yesterday and I'm once again undetectable. I learned my lesson (thanks everyone) to not be too caught up in the numbers game -only results in more stress. Many kisses.
-Terpie
Diagnosed in 2003
UD since 2004 and >35%

Offline Lou-ah-vull

« Reply #16 on: June 19, 2008, 11:48:15 pm »
Terpie,

Great news...I recently got my blood work back too (and it was good news) but it is so easy to get upset over the slightest deviation.  I am glad the "blip" turned out to be just that!  It seems like Montreal was eons ago....it is good to hear from  you again.

Gary
Diagnosed Oct. 2005
10/05:  367 (26.2%), 24556 VL
01/06:  344 (24.6%), 86299 VL
04/06:  374 (22.0%), 87657 VL
05/06:  Began HAART 05/15/06, Combivir/Kaletra
07/06:  361 (27.8%), 1299 VL
10/06:  454 (32.4%), 55 VL
01/07:  499 (38.4%), UD
02/07:  Switched to Atripla 2/8/07
04/07:  566 (37.7%), UD
08/07:  761 (42.3%), UD
06/08:  659 (47.1%), UD
01/09:  613 (43.8%), UD
07/09:  616 (47.4%), UD
01/10:  530 (44.2%), UD
07/10:  636 (48.9%), UD
01/11:  627 (48.2%), UD
07/11:  840 (52.5%), UD
01/12:  920 (51.1%), UD
07/12:  857 (50.4%), 40
10/12:  UD
01/13:  710 (47.3%), UD
07/13:  886 (49.2%), UD
01/14:  985 (46.9%), UD
06/14:  823 (47.2%), UD
01/15: 1366 (45.2%), UD
07/15: 1134 (50.7%), UD
02/16: 1043 (55.1%), UD
08/16:  746  (55.4%), UD
08/16:  Switch from Atripla to Genvoya

Offline J.R.E.

« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2008, 07:24:19 am »
I'm also elated to report that lab results came back yesterday and I'm once again undetectable. .
-Terpie

Hello Minh,

Great news !! Glad to hear it !!

All the best----Ray
Current Meds ; Viramune / Epzicom Eliquis, Diltiazem. Pravastatin 80mg, Ezetimibe. UPDATED 2/18/24
 Tested positive in 1985,.. In October of 2003, My t-cell count was 16, Viral load was over 500,000, Percentage at that time was 5%. I started on  HAART on October 24th, 2003.

cd4/cd8 ratio -0.31

cd8 %-57

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline Iggy

« Reply #18 on: June 20, 2008, 11:09:26 am »
Minh,

It took me a while to remember you at first, but that has more to do with my own memory issues then your presence, but once I did I remember you fondly for your very inciteful input in many threads on technical issues regarding HIV.

I'm heartened to see that you have earned your degree and achieved an undetectable result in regards to your Viral load.

All my best

Offline terpie82

« Reply #19 on: September 10, 2010, 04:56:51 am »
Sorry moderators as I wasn't sure if I was to start a new thread, but I didn't feel it was necessary so I revived and built upon the previous one. I cannot believe its been over two years since I posted but in case you all wondered, here's an update on me for the last two years. Also, PLEASE feel free to just skim or skip as I didn't realize how long this was. Guess I'm unconsciously making up for lost time spent here in the forums.

I shamefully admit that my starting this update two years ago was due to a blip in my VL as I've been undetectable since as long as I can remember. Now, I shamefully admit that what brought me back to the forums is the learning of Moffie, Ric, and Weasle's passing from Zephyr a couple weeks ago. Since my own grandmother's passing a few years ago, Moffie's, Ric's, and Weasle's passing was a heavy hit to my fragile heart as death is still very new to me and hard to take personally. Add on the possible complications of an HIV-related passing, this would be my personal first. A stark reminder that this disease can and still kills indiscriminately.

But JRE, I did successfully defend my Ph.D. in Biology/Molecular Genetics last May, but prior to that, I had to find and setup a post-doc position in advance. Being that the National Institutes of Health (NIH) was down the street from me, I applied for a post-doc in 5 labs, two of which were in cancer-related, two in HIV-related, and one in plant-related research (at the USDA). I thought it would be nice to have an insider’s point of view, someone who actually was living with the virus to be doing HIV-related research. However, as the fate’s would have it, my application from the two HIV research labs was rejected based on the fact that my training was more genetics and not enough virology. Instead, I was formally hired in less than a week to carry out my Post-doc in a cancer-related research lab, here at NIH.

It has been an industrious year for me as I completed my first Post-doc year and now on my second. I already have a publication in press, a review, and personally a fourth paper overall from my graduate school days. Being in science for so long, I’ve realized that progress in medical-related research is long and arduous, but the time invested is much longer as I have put in several 30 hour shifts and spent many weekends in the lab. One would think that I would know what effect this had on my immune system, so my partner in his kind way, asked me to limit my work to 60 hours a week. That’s why I type this update at 4 am as he’s fast asleep and would think I was doing work and count it as my work hours.

Speaking of partner, I have been in a sero-discordant relationship for almost 4 years now. Being that it is legal in DC for gays to marry, we have been engaged for almost two years. Yes, a long engagement because we are trying to save up for a home and a proper albeit small wedding on top of the student loans/debts we both have. Living in the ritzy Dupont Circle area doesn’t help either, but it’s in walking distance to his work and easy access for me on the subway.

Health-wise, I’m the little engine that could. My mind is still sharper than my two physicians (one at NIH where I continue to donate plasma for research and my personal physician). My body although still looks like a 28 year old’s, feels more like its at least two times older. I always say I’m a 60 year old gay man trapped in a 28 year old’s body and I’m not lying (and no disrespect to the 60+ year olds here…you know I only have love and respect for you). But the aches, joint pains, back problems, etc. (all of which are unrelated to the virus so far as I know) does get to me. I still see Zephyr and OzPaul when they make their NIH rounds. In fact, Zephyr stayed with me for a couple days recently and I will be flying out to attend her symposium next month in San Francisco. From there, I will be taking my first vacation (one that’s longer than a weekend) in two years, hopping from SF, to Seattle, and to Portland. Gee, a vacation. It’s only a week long but I don’t remember how to act during one. But I’m sure it’s like a bike. Just hop on and I’ll figure it out.

Alright, sorry for the long essay. I have this horrible habit of typing essays and I’m sure it’s a turn off to most.
Diagnosed in 2003
UD since 2004 and >35%

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #20 on: September 10, 2010, 11:35:17 am »
Hey Terpie, good to see you around again, even though it was very sad reasons that brought you back to us.

My my, you have  been busy in your absence - no wonder we see so little of you. Congrats on the job etc. And I'm glad your partner had the sense to get you to slow down a little!

Speaking of your partner, congratulations on the engagement. I hope all the wedding and living arrangements go well for you.

Anyway, don't be such a stranger! I hope you can find time now and again to check in and let us know how you are.

Ann
xxx

PS - It was a good idea to post in your last update thread - it will jog people's memories as to who you are. :-*
« Last Edit: September 10, 2010, 11:37:11 am by Ann »
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline eric48

• Standard
« Reply #21 on: September 10, 2010, 05:02:59 pm »
Feeling like being 30 in a 50 year old body also comes with frustations of its own ;-)

So much happiness transpires from your post !!! makes me envious!

Good Luck

Eric

NVP/ABC/3TC/... UD ; CD4 > 900; CD4/CD8 ~ 1.5   stock : 6 months (2013: FOTO= 5d. ON 2d. OFF ; 2014: Clin. Trial NCT02157311 = 4days ON, 3days OFF ; 2015: https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT02157311 ; 2016: use of granted patent US9101633, 3 days ON, 4days OFF; 2017: added TDF, so NVP/TDF/ABC/3TC, once weekly

Offline J.R.E.

« Reply #22 on: September 10, 2010, 05:58:12 pm »
Hello Minh,

It's always good to hear from you,  as Ann said, don't be such a stranger !! I wish you continued good health, and the very best in all you do, it does sound as though you have a very busy schedule.    And,.. A very special congratulations, on the 4 years  you've been with you partner. I hope you and you partner have many fantastic happy years together, and all you dreams are fulfilled.  It's hard to believe, but Ed and I have been together 30 years this past July, and I couldn't have done it without him !
Ed is also HIV negative.

I also understand about those little aches and pains.  At 58 ( almost 59 ) I certainly have a few of those.  We have the aids walk tomorrow in St. Pete, so I'll see how those hips of mine hold up !! Got a feeling I will be soaking in a hot bath tub tomorrow night.  Otherwise, all is going pretty well this well !!

All the best to you---Ray

cd4/cd8 ratio -0.31

cd8 %-57

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline aztecan

• 36 years positive, 64 years a pain in the butt
« Reply #23 on: September 10, 2010, 11:47:40 pm »
Hey Minh,

Wow, talk about deja vu! I was just thinking about you the other day and wondering what had happened to you.

It is good to know that your educational pursuits are going well, as is your relationship.

As far as labs go, I hope its just a blip as well. I will keep my fingers crossed for you.

It is good to see you again.

HUGS,

Mark
"May your life preach more loudly than your lips."
~ William Ellery Channing (Unitarian Minister)

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
« Reply #24 on: September 10, 2010, 11:50:51 pm »
Hey Minh,

Nice to hear from you. :-*

MtD

Offline tednlou2

« Reply #25 on: September 11, 2010, 12:25:24 am »
Nice to meet you.  I recently made a post about how the lab at the HIV clinic I go to and has found something is wrong with their labs.  Patients who have their labs done at the clinic lab are much more likely to have increases in vl from UD than if they get them done at Lapcorp.  They mentioned something about how it is collected and then initially frozen and sent to Atlanta from Louisville.  They are starting a study to get to the bottom of it and make changes. 

Best of luck to you on your decision as to whether to become and HIV doc or scientist--or both.

Offline OneTampa

• "Butterflies are free."
« Reply #26 on: September 11, 2010, 08:54:10 am »
Welcome back Minh,

It appears that you've been a busy bee!

Congratulations on all fronts! 
"He is my oldest child. The shy and retiring one over there with the Haitian headdress serving pescaíto frito."

Offline Jody

« Reply #27 on: September 11, 2010, 02:34:40 pm »
Welcome back Minh, you're always missed, but you are young and busy and that's great...It was wonderful meeting you in Montreal and best of everything going forward.  And stay in touch.

Jody :)

Grateful Dead

Offline Basquo

« Reply #28 on: September 11, 2010, 02:50:41 pm »
Minh the Magnificent! Good to see you're doing so well, and congratulations on all the success (and the relationship.) You're a sweet guy and you deserve everything you've worked so hard for.

Hugs,
Creighton

Offline OzPaul

• 40 year, Long Term Survivor/LTNP
« Reply #29 on: September 11, 2010, 03:28:54 pm »
Hi Minh

Great to see you here again !  I'm thrilled for all your good news :) Alas, I won't be going to NIH this year, but I'll catch you and Nate next time.

(((hugs))) Paul xxxx

Offline terpie82

« Reply #30 on: July 24, 2014, 07:39:43 am »
I like to keep my updates in one thread so I can see the timeline. Hope you all don't mind. My 7-year sero-discordant/magnetic relationship sadly ended earlier this year, and I have since purchased my own home near my work at the National Institutes of Health in Bethesda, Maryland. After publishing my research in one of the world's prestigious scientific journals, I contemplated starting my own lab but decided not to because I wanted to have a life outside of work. So NIH offered me a full-time position where I can continue my research with federal government benefits, so I took it.

I also started a floral design business called Rainbow Floral Studios, LLC which has kept me quite busy outside of work. I love being able to provide florals and watch happy LGBT couples walk down the aisle on their special day. But alas, always a bridesmaid, never a bride.

After 7 months, I've decided it's time to hit the dreaded dating scene again. Have a first date later this week and like most of us, dreading the disclosure conversation. Been planning it for days and the anxiety is over-whelming. Will he walk out and never speak to me again (has happened many times before), or will he say lets be friends because he has a fear of intimacy (has happened many times before), or will he accept me and want to be my better half (has happened once before)? My mind and stomach is a flutter. 

But I'm also afraid of visiting the 'In Memoriam' forums because last time I did, I cried after seeing those I met in Montreal years ago pass. But I have to pay my respects. Glad to see some of you are still posting and keeping the community strong and alive.

<3 Always,
Terpie
Diagnosed in 2003
UD since 2004 and >35%

Offline wolfter

« Reply #31 on: July 24, 2014, 08:19:38 am »
I had the pleasure of reading through your timeline in this thread and am quite impressed with all you've achieved in spite of this virus.  Best of luck with your date and disclosure conversation. 

greg
Being honest is not wronging others, continuing the dishonesty is.

Offline zach

« Reply #32 on: July 24, 2014, 12:00:20 pm »
incredible testament to a life lived, i am impressed with what you've accomplished in spite of this infection. an example for all of us. drive on minh
« Last Edit: July 24, 2014, 12:05:46 pm by zach »

Offline Jody

« Reply #33 on: July 24, 2014, 02:08:01 pm »
Hi Minh...Good to see you are doing well.  Good luck with the dating scene and your floral arrangement business.  Yes, we have lost some folks, Rocky being the latest and that was very tough for so many of us here.  We will miss him and never forget that dear, dear man.

Sorry you couldn't get to DC when we visited in 2012, maybe next time.

Hugs, Jody

Grateful Dead

Offline mecch

• red pill? or blue pill?
« Reply #34 on: July 24, 2014, 04:41:02 pm »
Geez, people have walked out on you directly after a disclosure?!  That is harsh, rude, so low class.  >:( :(  I'm appalled.
“From each, according to his ability; to each, according to his need” 1875 K Marx

Offline J.R.E.

« Reply #35 on: July 24, 2014, 05:36:02 pm »
Hi Terp,...

Sorry to hear about your relationship ending. But glad to hear about all the other good things that are happening in your life. Thanks for the updates !

Ray

cd4/cd8 ratio -0.31

cd8 %-57

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline weasel

« Reply #36 on: July 27, 2014, 11:14:28 am »

Hi  terpie82  ,

Hope all is well in your life ,  This Weasel is alive and well  :)

Carl  AKA   Weasel   
" Live and let Live "

Offline crazyturns

« Reply #37 on: August 31, 2016, 11:29:29 am »
I just discovered this thread. Can I say how glad I am that you're keeping all of your updates on the same thread, terpie82? As someone who was diagnosed this summer and still am adjusting to the implications of it all, it's sooooo nice to read your updates from years past up until now. It sheds light on how life can and does continue as normal, with many of the same highs (hello, PhD! ..and floral business!) and lows (sorry to hear about the recent split) that would be present irrespective of hiv status. While I know you're just living your life, documenting where you are is incredibly helpful for those of us who are having trouble imagining where this new path will take us. Thank you.

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.