Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 27, 2024, 01:04:51 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772928
  • Total Topics: 66309
  • Online Today: 152
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 122
Total: 122

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Daughter took my toothbrush  (Read 23889 times)

Offline dingowarrior

Daughter took my toothbrush
« on: September 18, 2010, 07:10:30 pm »
Hi all,
Its been awhile since I posted, but I have regularly check out the site.

I have been diagnosed  HIV since 2006..I have been undetectable since then,and remain healthy.

I have a 1 1/2 year daughter who is HIV NEG.,when I got home from work, my wife said she need to tell me something..She said that my daughter got a hold of my tooth brush and rinsed it and sucked on it.

I do have gums that bleed when I floss ,but they dont bleed when I brush..
Should we be concerned? should I get her tested?

Thanks all in advance.

Dingowarrior

Offline jkinatl2

• Doo. Dah. Dipp-ity.
Re: Daughter took my toothbrush
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2010, 07:30:03 pm »
There is absolutely no concern over this issue. Had you been brushing, and passed a very bloody toothbrush directly to someone who instantly sucked on it, there is a theoretical risk.

But HIV can not remain viable outside the body.

"Many people, especially in the gay community, turn to oral sex as a safer alternative in the age of AIDS. And with HIV rates rising, people need to remember that oral sex is safer sex. It's a reasonable alternative."

-Kimberly Page-Shafer, PhD, MPH

Welcome Thread

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2010, 11:11:44 pm »
Dingo, how long have you been positive now? I get the anxiety, but come on, this shit is hiv 101 if not "an introduction to hiv". It's YOUR responsibility to know how this virus is and is not transmitted and frankly, you failed.

Geeze, your daughter is not going to become infected through sucking your toothbrush. Or any thing belonging to you.
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline tednlou2

« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2010, 02:27:24 am »
Why does the CDC still say not to share toothbrushes or razors?  Is this just out of precaution in case someone immediately used the same razor as someone poz?  I've wondered about my partner using my electric razor.  However, I don't think he's ever used it immediately after I used it.  Plus, I don't think there is a single documented case of transmission this way, so the warnings must just be to cover themselves.

Offline dingowarrior

« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2010, 03:42:38 pm »
Dingo, how long have you been positive now? I get the anxiety, but come on, this shit is hiv 101 if not "an introduction to hiv". It's YOUR responsibility to know how this virus is and is not transmitted and frankly, you failed.

Geeze, your daughter is not going to become infected through sucking your toothbrush. Or any thing belonging to you.

Well, to be honest, this was my wifes idea to post, she is a nervous nelly, but i figure I'd tried to make her feel better and post..I do know,but I at times still feel crappy bout this whole thing,and at times I feel I owe it to her if things like this (posting)makes her feel better.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2010, 04:39:43 pm »
Sorry if I was a bit abrupt, Dingo. I guess I just get a little testy after getting these questions so often in Am I, but I shouldn't have snapped at you.

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline dingowarrior

« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2010, 05:34:24 pm »
Sorry if I was a bit abrupt, Dingo. I guess I just get a little testy after getting these questions so often in Am I, but I shouldn't have snapped at you.

No worries Ann,I understand, I always respect  your knowledge. Thanks for the post. :)

Offline Snowangel

« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2010, 05:43:27 pm »
Dingo- I keep my toothbrush and everyone else's closed up in the closet.  After meeting, Minismom, in Boston, and her telling me about particles in the air floating around from the hand dryers and toilet flushing, I thought it might help a little. My little ones can reach thiers but not mine.
I can't believe your daughter is that big already, it seems like just yesterday that you guys had her :) You almost at the terrible two's. Fun, Fun, Fun!!!
Snow
Of all the things you wear, your expression is the most important

The heaviest thing you can carry is a grudge..

One thing you can give and still keep...is your word.

One thing you can't recycle is wasted time.

Offline newby05

« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2010, 06:20:33 pm »
Dingowarrior,
Your worries are true because they are yours. You posted something important to you and therefore important to us. Hope your worries are calmed.

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2010, 06:31:27 pm »
Dingowarrior,
Your worries are true because they are yours.

You can't really believe that, can you?

MtD

Offline dingowarrior

« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2010, 06:57:42 pm »

You can't really believe that, can you?

MtD

now ,now Matty..lol   ..thanks all,you guys r the best!

Offline Jeffreyj

« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2010, 10:23:20 pm »
I can't believe this is an issue. What will it take to get rid of these rediculous NON-ISSUES?

I guess it will never end. So sad. Sad, yet fustrating as hell. What rock have you been living under, Dingo?
Positive since 1985

Offline tommy246

• Standard
« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2010, 06:50:42 am »
I can't believe this is an issue. What will it take to get rid of these rediculous NON-ISSUES?

I guess it will never end. So sad. Sad, yet fustrating as hell. What rock have you been living under, Dingo?

Just because its a non issue to you doesnt mean its a non issue to the op, thats why he asked the question. He is obviously concerned about his baby.To say it makes you sad and is frustrating as hell for you and then you ask him what rock he has been living under is a bit dramatic to say the least the guy has every right to ask this question.
I was issued a general  hiv informaton booklet by my hospital 2 years ago when firstly diagnosed which clearly stated that sharing a toothbrush or razor was a big no no this i assume is because of possible transmission risks however small they may be.
jan 06 neg
dec 08 pos cd4 505 ,16%, 1,500vl
april 09 cd4 635 ,16%,60,000
july 09 ,cd4 545,17%,80,000
aug 09,hosptal 18days pneumonia cd190,225,000,15%
1 week later cd4 415 20%
nov 09 cd4 591 ,vl 59,000,14%,started atripla
dec 09  cd4 787, vl 266, 16%
march 2010  cd4 720 vl non detectable -20  20%
june 2010  cd4  680, 21%, ND

Offline sharkdiver

« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2010, 09:34:05 am »
Just because its a non issue to you doesnt mean its a non issue to the op, thats why he asked the question. He is obviously concerned about his baby.To say it makes you sad and is frustrating as hell for you and then you ask him what rock he has been living under is a bit dramatic to say the least the guy has every right to ask this question.
I was issued a general  hiv informaton booklet by my hospital 2 years ago when firstly diagnosed which clearly stated that sharing a toothbrush or razor was a big no no this i assume is because of possible transmission risks however small they may be.

You're taking this out of context and prior history of the poster and prior relationships between long term forum members.

Offline tommy246

• Standard
« Reply #14 on: September 20, 2010, 11:58:50 am »
You're taking this out of context and prior history of the poster and prior relationships between long term forum members.

Sharing a razor or a toothbrush is not advisable
jan 06 neg
1 week later cd4 415 20%

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #15 on: September 20, 2010, 01:10:59 pm »
Sharing a razor or a toothbrush is not advisable

It's not advisable for anyone regardless of hiv status. Sharing razors is a good way to spread skin infections and sharing toothbrushes is a good way to spread the flu and the common cold, amongst other things. But hiv? No.

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline tommy246

• Standard
« Reply #16 on: September 20, 2010, 02:18:58 pm »
It's not advisable for anyone regardless of hiv status. Sharing razors is a good way to spread skin infections and sharing toothbrushes is a good way to spread the flu and the common cold, amongst other things. But hiv? No.

Maybe you should take a read of this Ann and then give me your views.(see paragraph titled " how can i protect myself ", point 5 )
"Don’t share razors or toothbrushes because of they may have the blood of another person on them. "
http://www.cdc.gov/hiv/resources/brochures/at-risk.htm
« Last Edit: September 20, 2010, 02:21:20 pm by tommy246 »
jan 06 neg
1 week later cd4 415 20%

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #17 on: September 20, 2010, 02:22:09 pm »
Tommy, the CDC is ridiculously OTT when it comes to their transmission advice. We have to debunk things that they say over in the Am I forum every friggin day. They present what amounts to nothing more than theoretical possibilities as true risks and I am thoroughly fed up with it.

It's theoretically possible that you'll step outside your house and get hit by a meteorite, but does that make you stay in the house?

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline skeebo1969

« Reply #18 on: September 20, 2010, 02:27:49 pm »
Maybe you should take a read of this Ann and then give me your views.(see paragraph titled " how can i protect myself ", point 5 )
"Don’t share razors or toothbrushes because of they may have the blood of another person on them. "
http://www.cdc.gov/hiv/resources/brochures/at-risk.htm

........What time is it?  It's the new and improved Facepalm Time:

I despise the song Love is in the Air, you should too.

Offline tommy246

• Standard
« Reply #19 on: September 20, 2010, 02:32:41 pm »
Who writes this stuff for them Ann and who do they represent, as if its not correct its very wrong and very confusing. How long would hiv survive outside the body on a toothbrush ? any idea as lots of peoples gums bleed when cleaning teeth so if two people with gum problems used the same toothbrush one after the other and the first person was hiv pos is would the second person have anychance whatsoever of infection?
jan 06 neg
1 week later cd4 415 20%

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #20 on: September 20, 2010, 02:40:25 pm »
Not only is saliva not infectious, but it also contains over a dozen different proteins and enzymes that damage hiv and render it unable to infect.

Hiv is a very fragile, difficult to transmit virus. It is primarily transmitted through unprotected anal or vaginal intercourse where the virus never leaves the confines of the two bodies. Once hiv is outside the body, small changes in temperature and pH and moisture levels all quickly damage the virus and render it unable to infect.

The combination of cold water, saliva, toothpaste and the exposure to the environment outside the body is why it's futile to worry about being infected from someone's toothbrush.

Pretty much the same thing with a razor. It's the exposure to the environment outside the body, hot water and shaving foam.

As to why the CDC says some of the things they say, I'd love to know the answer to that. Other than a simple case of CYA (cover your ass) I can't imagine. It pisses me off no end because all they're doing with this scaremongering is perpetuating the stigma and discrimination we face.

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline Rev. Moon

• Smart ass faggot ©
« Reply #21 on: September 20, 2010, 03:47:43 pm »
It's all about covering their filthy asses. We all know well that many people claim to have been infected either from oral sex encounters or other forms of immaculate transmission. There is no way to absolutely prove that they actually got it from doing too many semen shots at their local bathhouse. These would be the very same people who would turn around with a multimillion dollar lawsuit against the CDC for not having protected them.
"I have tried hard--but life is difficult, and I am a very useless person. I can hardly be said to have an independent existence. I was just a screw or a cog in the great machine I called life, and when I dropped out of it I found I was of no use anywhere else."

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
« Reply #22 on: September 20, 2010, 03:55:02 pm »
Who writes this stuff for them Ann and who do they represent, as if its not correct its very wrong and very confusing. How long would hiv survive outside the body on a toothbrush ? any idea as lots of peoples gums bleed when cleaning teeth so if two people with gum problems used the same toothbrush one after the other and the first person was hiv pos is would the second person have anychance whatsoever of infection?

The toothbrush stuff has been around for years. Doesn't matter that it's never been substantiated nor occurred anywhere else, inexperienced people (and cranky types with an axe to grind) love to trot it out.

It's shit, of course. The established science demonstrates clearly how HIV is transmitted. But if you want to chase this particularly silly squirrel up a very tall tree, have at it. You'll just make yourself look like a total crackpot.

MtD

Offline jkinatl2

• Doo. Dah. Dipp-ity.
« Reply #23 on: September 20, 2010, 03:59:46 pm »
In the late 80s and early 90s, there was speculation as to how HIV was transmitted. People with HIV were not allowed to play sports, serve or cook food, and often family members would wear latex gloves when tending to the ill.

We ONLY had patient report to rely on, as most people died before a decent-sized study of any appreciable length could be conducted. And serodiscordant couples were few and far between. The stigma NOW is nothing compared to the stigma THEN.

So, as notoriously unreliable as patient report is (and God/dess knows we have seen enough examples in this forum) it is simply all we had at the time. The CDC made their assessments based on some flimsy science, and has stubbornly refused to change, in any appreciable way, their findings.

But then came HAART, anti - retroviral Therapy. People started living longer, and more important, were HEALTHY longer, including having active sex lives. The Romero study and the Page-Shaeffer studies were made possible by this miracle.

Hundreds of sero-discordant couples, followed for ten years, five years, and fifteen years respectively, and the handful of infections that took place were traced to broken (or unused) condoms for penetrative anal and/or vaginal intercourse.

These were couples with all sorts of variables. Some people were on meds. Some were not. Some had huge viral loads. Some did not. They were all sexually exclusive, and used condoms ONLY for penetrative anal/vaginal intercourse. They DID NOT use condoms for oral sex, male/female or vice versa.

This, combined with first-tiered peer-reviewed scientific evidence asserting the HIV-hostile properties in saliva (which number around a dozen) as well as the very few areas of receptor cells in the human mouth, make HIV infection through this route extremely rare, if it indeed happens at all.

The OP stated that hsi daughter used his toothbrush after he had presumably left it in it's holder and exited the bathroom, indeed their home. She RINSED it. And then sucked on it.

HIV CAN NOT remain viable outside the body. Assuming that he even HAD blood on the toothbrush, by the time he exited the bathroom, it would have been rendered harmless. Hell, by the time he took his hand away from it, it would have been harmless.

HIV is an infectious disease, not a contagious one.

Tommy, you mention the stigma in another thread. Don't you realize that continuing your ignorance perpetuates that stigma?

You have recently entered this forum and have seen fit to call out other members for their behaviour, and have questioned the validity of scientific methodology as regards vitamins and HIV, even expressing an ignorance of the interactions between HIV meds and other therapies as you gave advice and offered speculation.

And now it appears that you have never even read the LESSONS section of this website on transmission. It is well researched, and thoroughly cited. I highly recommend that both you and the OP do this. READ the thing. God/dess knows we worked hard enough on it.

Fighting the stigma against people with HIV begins with YOU. Your enemy in fighting this thing will ALWAYS be ignorance. Knowing when to start meds; knowing which meds to take and with what; knowing what they are doing to your body (knowing what ANYTHING you put into your body does). And most importantly, knowing HOW HIV is spread and how it is not.

I will get flamed for this, I bet. But I have science to back up my assertions. I will cheerfully, AGAIN, throw down the relevant articles. But hell, just search these forums for any oral sex or disclosure thread than runs for more than a single page, and you are likely to find them.

"Many people, especially in the gay community, turn to oral sex as a safer alternative in the age of AIDS. And with HIV rates rising, people need to remember that oral sex is safer sex. It's a reasonable alternative."

Welcome Thread

Offline Rev. Moon

• Smart ass faggot ©
« Reply #24 on: September 20, 2010, 04:03:30 pm »
The toothbrush stuff has been around for years. Doesn't matter that it's never been substantiated nor occurred anywhere else, inexperienced people (and cranky types with an axe to grind) love to trot it out.

It's shit, of course. The established science demonstrates clearly how HIV is transmitted. But if you want to chase this particularly silly squirrel up a very tall tree, have at it. You'll just make yourself look like a total crackpot.

MtD

That shouldn't require much additional work on his part.
"I have tried hard--but life is difficult, and I am a very useless person. I can hardly be said to have an independent existence. I was just a screw or a cog in the great machine I called life, and when I dropped out of it I found I was of no use anywhere else."

Offline Joe K

• Standard
  • 31 Years Poz
« Reply #25 on: September 20, 2010, 04:21:27 pm »
As to why the CDC says some of the things they say, I'd love to know the answer to that. Other than a simple case of CYA (cover your ass) I can't imagine. It pisses me off no end because all they're doing with this scaremongering is perpetuating the stigma and discrimination we face.

Hey Luv,

One of the reasons that CDC information rarely changes, is that the decisions are often politically based, as opposed to science based. It's the same reason we had 8 years of non-sex education, because abstinence was the religious/moral flavor of the times. It's the same reason why we don't have country wide needle exchanges. It's the same reason used to continue the war on drugs. I think you get the drift.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #26 on: September 20, 2010, 05:09:57 pm »
Hey Luv,

One of the reasons that CDC information rarely changes, is that the decisions are often politically based, as opposed to science based. It's the same reason we had 8 years of non-sex education, because abstinence was the religious/moral flavor of the times. It's the same reason why we don't have country wide needle exchanges. It's the same reason used to continue the war on drugs. I think you get the drift.

Yes, dearest, you're quite right.

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline tommy246

• Standard
« Reply #27 on: September 22, 2010, 11:42:03 am »
Yes, dearest, you're quite right.

so can you theoretically catch hiv from a toothbrush
jan 06 neg
1 week later cd4 415 20%

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #28 on: September 22, 2010, 11:52:34 am »
so can you theoretically catch hiv from a toothbrush

Er, no, I was agreeing with Joe that a lot of what the CDC says is politically, rather than medically, motivated.

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline tommy246

• Standard
« Reply #29 on: September 22, 2010, 12:02:09 pm »
i dissagree i think these booklets and guide lines are written by proffessional medics i would rather take on board what they say than someone who just is considered tuned in cos they post regular in this goldfish bowl
jan 06 neg
1 week later cd4 415 20%

Offline Rev. Moon

• Smart ass faggot ©
« Reply #30 on: September 22, 2010, 12:05:41 pm »
i dissagree i think these booklets and guide lines are written by proffessional medics i would rather take on board what they say than someone who just is considered tuned in cos they post regular in this goldfish bowl

In life we all have to make choices, Tommy.  Be careful with doorknobs and toilet seats as well.

Offline Joe K

• Standard
  • 31 Years Poz
« Reply #31 on: September 22, 2010, 12:08:30 pm »

Tommy, what I said is true, the CDC is often influenced, by political forces, to dilute or over emphasis issues. It has been that way for decades. I also suggest you cut the digs on my post, because at least I am smart enough to know you don't get HIV from a toothbrush.

Offline phildinftlaudy

• sweet Ann what you think babe...
« Reply #32 on: September 22, 2010, 12:09:48 pm »
one upside to reading the CDC booklets - they are typically written on a 4th grade level to make them easier for some folk "to understand."

Most of the long-term, experienced members on here post at an 11th grade level or above -

So, I can see why you would probably want to stick with the CDC guide Tommy.
September 13, 2008 - diagnosed +
Labs:
Date    CD4    %   VL     Date  CD4  %   VL
10/08  636    35  510   9/09 473  38 2900  12/4/09 Atripla
12/09  540    30    60   
12/10  740    41  <48   
8/11    667    36  <20  
03/12  1,041  42  <20
05/12  1,241  47  <20
08/12   780    37  <20
11/12   549    35  <20
02/12  1,102  42  <20
11/12   549    35  <20

Offline tommy246

• Standard
« Reply #33 on: September 22, 2010, 12:13:10 pm »
Tommy, what I said is true, the CDC is often influenced, by political forces, to dilute or over emphasis issues. It has been that way for decades. I also suggest you cut the digs on my post, because at least I am smart enough to know you don't get HIV from a toothbrush.
sorry killfoile  i think your post was very intresting and  i certainly wasnt having a pick at you its just my thoughts your posts are always very educational and informative to the point its refreshing you always stay on topic
jan 06 neg
1 week later cd4 415 20%

Offline tommy246

• Standard
« Reply #34 on: September 22, 2010, 12:14:07 pm »
one upside to reading the CDC booklets - they are typically written on a 4th grade level to make them easier for some folk "to understand."

Most of the long-term, experienced members on here post at an 11th grade level or above -

So, I can see why you would probably want to stick with the CDC guide Tommy.

wanker
mods why do you allow such abuse
jan 06 neg
1 week later cd4 415 20%

Offline Miss Philicia

• celebrity poster, faker & poser
« Reply #35 on: September 22, 2010, 12:18:41 pm »
wanker

I thought you just called this all a "goldfish bowl" and now you're yelling for the moderators of the bowl?  How utterly odd.
"I’ve slept with enough men to know that I’m not gay"

Offline phildinftlaudy

« Reply #36 on: September 22, 2010, 12:20:28 pm »
wanker
would that be comparable to the threat you just PM'd me?
Labs:
12/09  540    30    60   
12/10  740    41  <48   
8/11    667    36  <20  
03/12  1,041  42  <20
05/12  1,241  47  <20
08/12   780    37  <20
11/12   549    35  <20
02/12  1,102  42  <20
11/12   549    35  <20

Offline Joe K

• Standard
  • 31 Years Poz
« Reply #37 on: September 22, 2010, 12:23:27 pm »
would that be comparable to the threat you just PM'd me?

Phil, did he threaten you with a toothbrush?

Offline phildinftlaudy

« Reply #38 on: September 22, 2010, 12:23:49 pm »
I thought you just called this all a "goldfish bowl" and now you're yelling for the moderators of the bowl?  How utterly odd.
could we quit saying goldfish bowl -- I'm getting an overwhelming desire to watch Finding Nemo....

Edited due to spelling error - one too many reads of the cdc pamphlet, I guess
« Last Edit: September 22, 2010, 12:25:21 pm by phildinftlaudy »
Labs:
12/09  540    30    60   
12/10  740    41  <48   
8/11    667    36  <20  
03/12  1,041  42  <20
05/12  1,241  47  <20
08/12   780    37  <20
11/12   549    35  <20
02/12  1,102  42  <20
11/12   549    35  <20

Offline phildinftlaudy

« Reply #39 on: September 22, 2010, 12:24:26 pm »
;D
Labs:
12/09  540    30    60   
12/10  740    41  <48   
8/11    667    36  <20  
03/12  1,041  42  <20
05/12  1,241  47  <20
08/12   780    37  <20
11/12   549    35  <20
02/12  1,102  42  <20
11/12   549    35  <20

Offline Rev. Moon

• Smart ass faggot ©
« Reply #40 on: September 22, 2010, 12:24:53 pm »
wanker

Lovely!  Are you drunk or something?

lol... or perhaps a stiletto.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #41 on: September 22, 2010, 12:28:14 pm »
wanker

I thought you just called this all a "goldfish bowl" and now you're yelling for the moderators of the bowl?  How utterly odd.

And not only that, but complains about alleged abuse by abusively calling another member a name.

Tommy, we do not allow name-calling here.

We also do not allow members to physically threaten other members via PM. I've giving you a seven day time out and revoking your PM privileges.

Do not attempt to create a new account to get around your time out because if you do, you will be permanently banned. No questions asked.

Ann

edited because I forgot to indicate the length of the time out
« Last Edit: September 22, 2010, 12:36:32 pm by Ann »

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline jkinatl2

• Doo. Dah. Dipp-ity.
« Reply #42 on: September 22, 2010, 02:08:29 pm »
It is distressing enough to hear the level of ignorance that exists in the world when responding to posts in AM I INFECTED.

Dammit, the LEAST an HIV positive person can do to combat stigma is to know the transmission vectors for the VERY DISEASE that they carry.

I would go into a rant about thousands, millions of family members caring for one another when we were dropping like flies in the 1980's, without becoming infected, but it would make this post another freaking tome.

We have a well researched and state of the art LESSONS section on transmissions. We spent an awful lot of time and effort to research it from the ground up. It would do everyone a kindness if someone, anyone would read it. At All. Some time.

Welcome Thread

Offline Scotty87

« Reply #43 on: September 23, 2010, 02:20:35 pm »
Some of you are absurd.  If you don't want to respond to his post then leave it alone.  I am sure he knows it won't transmit through the toothbrush; however, sometimes it is nice to have some reassurance from people whose opinion you value.  This is his child, all he wants is to make sure that she will be okay.  The responses definitely make me question whether or not I want to ask for the opinions of those of you who get on here. 

Offline phildinftlaudy

« Reply #44 on: September 23, 2010, 02:38:35 pm »
Some of you are absurd.  If you don't want to respond to his post then leave it alone.  I am sure he knows it won't transmit through the toothbrush; however, sometimes it is nice to have some reassurance from people whose opinion you value.  This is his child, all he wants is to make sure that she will be okay.  The responses definitely make me question whether or not I want to ask for the opinions of those of you who get on here. 
Hi Scott:

While I appreciate your comments and opinion regarding the responses to the OPs post, I think you are missing the fact that his question was responded to on the very first reply.  Also, there was also an apology to the OP for any abrasiveness or "snapping" at him that he may have felt.

As you stated above, people post on forums many times looking for opinions - and that is what they get.  Because of the diverse community we have on these boards, there are equally diverse opinions.  We also sometimes throw in a bit of humor and even get off track from the OPs original post or the intent of the topic.  We are human.  We also sometimes let our emotions get the best of us - just like in "real" life - not just cyber life.

I know when I post on here that I will usually get numerous responses to what I post - some will answer may question, some may not, some may reassure me, others may not - heck, some may not even stay on the topic I bring up --- but, 9 out of 10 times I do get my question answered, I do get support, and I do get reassurance.

Hope you also find the same type of experience when/if you need it. 

Best to you,
Phil
Labs:
12/09  540    30    60   
12/10  740    41  <48   
8/11    667    36  <20  
03/12  1,041  42  <20
05/12  1,241  47  <20
08/12   780    37  <20
11/12   549    35  <20
02/12  1,102  42  <20
11/12   549    35  <20

Offline Scotty87

« Reply #45 on: September 23, 2010, 03:01:27 pm »
You're absolutely right.  Thanks for the reply and helping me look at it in a different way.   ;)

Offline jkinatl2

• Doo. Dah. Dipp-ity.
« Reply #46 on: September 23, 2010, 03:06:16 pm »
Hi Scott:

While I appreciate your comments and opinion regarding the responses to the OPs post, I think you are missing the fact that his question was responded to on the very first reply.  Also, there was also an apology to the OP for any abrasiveness or "snapping" at him that he may have felt.

As you stated above, people post on forums many times looking for opinions - and that is what they get.  Because of the diverse community we have on these boards, there are equally diverse opinions.  We also sometimes throw in a bit of humor and even get off track from the OPs original post or the intent of the topic.  We are human.  We also sometimes let our emotions get the best of us - just like in "real" life - not just cyber life.

I know when I post on here that I will usually get numerous responses to what I post - some will answer may question, some may not, some may reassure me, others may not - heck, some may not even stay on the topic I bring up --- but, 9 out of 10 times I do get my question answered, I do get support, and I do get reassurance.

Hope you also find the same type of experience when/if you need it. 

Best to you,
Phil

You took the words directly from my brain, Phil. Thank you for that.

Welcome Thread

Offline phildinftlaudy

« Reply #47 on: September 23, 2010, 03:08:11 pm »
You're absolutely right.  Thanks for the reply and helping me look at it in a different way.   ;)
No problem -
Believe me, I have to some times take a few breaths here and there when seeing responses, etc.
Other times, I jump right in...
Still other times, I am the one who takes the thread off topic - with the hopes that someone will come to its rescue and get it back on...
Glad to see you on here and that you are expressing how you feel - never anything wrong with that (just so long as you are cool with the feedback you get and know that there will be things you like and things that will get your blood boiling) ---
We are one big happy emoticon filled family  :) ;) :D ;D >:( :( :o 8) ??? ::) :P :-[ :-X :-\ :-* :'(
Labs:
12/09  540    30    60   
12/10  740    41  <48   
8/11    667    36  <20  
03/12  1,041  42  <20
05/12  1,241  47  <20
08/12   780    37  <20
11/12   549    35  <20
02/12  1,102  42  <20
11/12   549    35  <20

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.