Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 12:31:39 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37652
  • Latest: Han2024
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773289
  • Total Topics: 66348
  • Online Today: 690
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 629
Total: 631

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Lurch flips his lid, again  (Read 8241 times)

Offline jack

• fomerly the loser known as Jake
Lurch flips his lid, again
« on: October 31, 2006, 02:47:06 pm »
You have to see Kerrys news conference on news tonight. What a mendacious dirt ball. No matter what you think of Bush we are lucky this deviant didnt become president

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
Re: Lurch flips his lid, again
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2006, 02:55:14 pm »
You have to see Kerrys news conference on news tonight. What a mendacious dirt ball. No matter what you think of Bush we are lucky this deviant didnt become president

As opposed to the child molestors that the Republicans have populated the Congress with, eh Jakey? ;)

Your lot are gonna get creamed on election day duckie and it shows!

MtD

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2006, 03:27:39 pm »

Yep, how dare a decorated war hero who volunteered for Viet Nam say anything. How your ilk continues to support these draft dodging Republican pedophiles who send kids to war is beyond the realm of logic. Is control of the world's oil that important to you guys. Check out "Your Daily Republican Pervert" for a continuing list of Republican deviants.

Offline cph9680

« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2006, 06:43:49 pm »
Oh please, what he said was the truth. 

Offline jack

« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2006, 06:44:22 pm »
hey, the only reason I vote for Bush was so a moron liar like Lurch didnt get it. Dems have to give us someone we can vote for not against.  What he said last night was despicable. Earlier in the year he accused US soldiers of raping and abusing Iraqi citizens.
As of this date Foley has not been found guilty of any physical contact with interns only instant messages and emails.  He was gone immediately, unlike Dems (barney frank,studds,teddy kennedy,william jefferson, bill clinton)who remained in power after their crimes.
Lurch lost an election any Dem with a pulse and brain should have won and now he is trying to lose it all over again. You guys better hide him in a closet till the election is over.

Offline whizzer

« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2006, 07:08:29 pm »
Here we go again
« Last Edit: October 31, 2006, 07:39:03 pm by whizzer »

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2006, 10:13:52 pm »
Like any good Republican you support Mark Foley because he hasn't been found guilty of a crime? Foley resigned when he was read the instant messages...no one asked him to leave. In fact they asked him to run even though they knew he was a pervert, preying on children. God how Republicans relish the tawdry tales of others...especially if it involves gay sex...your repression is showing.

1. Barney Frank was never accused or charged with a crime. Like the racist Democratic ads promised, you won't be able to offer the gentle readers any proof.

2.The Democratic leadership of the house asked Jefferson to resign. Without a conviction he was free to deny all charges pending trial. Like Cunningham and Ney (who still has not resigned even after pleading guilty) he can remain a free man until convicted.

3.Gerry Studds and Dan Crane (Republican) were both brought up before the house and censured for having sex with 17-year old pages. No criminal charges were filed because the age of consent in D.C. at the time was 16. Crane and Studds both ran for reelection Studds won and Crane lost. You always leave out the Republican misdeeds, don't ya?

I still think a red blooded American like you would have a problem with draft dodgers like Cheney and Rumsfeld. You can't see past the hard-on you have for Clinton and Kennedy to realize how despicable your party is.

Check out daily republican pervert if you want to see what your party is really all about.

Offline MSPspud

• Joined Mar 2005 - Formerly UofMurbs
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2006, 10:23:06 pm »
Oh lord... and here I thought this was about Halloween   ::)

That's our Jake  :-*

And MtD...  I wouldn't count on them getting creamed just yet.  Remember, there is the whole issue of the elections being fixed by Diebolt and then Rove telling NPR confidently that the Republicans will retain both houses.  He was totally speaking in code. 

« Last Edit: October 31, 2006, 10:25:57 pm by MSPspud »

Offline ademas

« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2006, 10:36:40 pm »

Yep, how dare a decorated war hero who volunteered for Viet Nam say anything. How your ilk continues to support these draft dodging Republican pedophiles who send kids to war is beyond the realm of logic. Is control of the world's oil that important to you guys.

Control of the world's oil is most assuredly "that important" to this administration.
They will do absolutely anything for control of the world energy market.

http://www.321energy.com/editorials/engdahl/engdahl101106.html  (It's very long, and very interesting...)

I truly believe Kerry's comment was a misspeak, and I'm not a huge Kerry fan by any stretch.

« Last Edit: October 31, 2006, 10:38:11 pm by ademas »

Offline jack

« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2006, 07:14:44 am »
Bush has been killed for similar fuck ups. I have no idea what he was trying to do but he fucked up. I dont know if it was a Bush Joke or typical democrat military bashing. As someone said yesterday, Lurch is the gift that keeps on giving. Dems running for office are now running from Scary Kerry.
His response yesterday only made the situation worse, it was filled with name calling and hate. Kerry is not fit for prime time.
Dems have to get a grown up on the ticket this time. No maniacs like Dean and Gore and no numbskulls like Lurch.
Dont worry the affair didnt even make the Houston Chronicle. Amazing. If Bush pronounces a word wrong its the headline, Lurch slanders the military and not a single word.

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2006, 08:21:24 am »
Bush has been killed for similar fuck ups. I have no idea what he was trying to do but he fucked up. I dont know if it was a Bush Joke or typical democrat military bashing. As someone said yesterday, Lurch is the gift that keeps on giving. Dems running for office are now running from Scary Kerry.
His response yesterday only made the situation worse, it was filled with name calling and hate. Kerry is not fit for prime time.
Dems have to get a grown up on the ticket this time. No maniacs like Dean and Gore and no numbskulls like Lurch.
Dont worry the affair didnt even make the Houston Chronicle. Amazing. If Bush pronounces a word wrong its the headline, Lurch slanders the military and not a single word.

Republicans who actively support "The No Child's Behind Left" policy of George W. Bush and your fellow Republicans. You must be so proud...

ROBERT BAUMAN JEFFREY PATTI MARTY GLICKMAN HOWARD BROOKS JOHN HATHAWAY STEPHEN WHITE JON MATTHEWS EARL KIMMERLING PAUL INGRAM KEVIN COAN PETER DIBBLE CAREY CRAMER LAWRENCE KING CRAIG SPENCE DONALD LUKENS RICHARD DELGAUDIO MARK GRETHEN RANDAL ANKENEY DAN CRANE BEVERLY RUSSEL RONALD KLINE RANDALL CASSEDAY LOU BERES LARRY FLOYD MARK PAZUHANICH BOBBY STUMBO TOM RANDALL ARMANDO TEBANO JOHN COLLINS MARK SEINDENSTICKER PHILLIP GIORDANO ANDREW BUHR KEITH WESTMORELAND JOHN BURT KEOLA CHILDS JOHN BUTLER RICHARD GARDNER JACK GARDNER MERRILL BARTER FRED SMELTZER PARKER BENA LARRY SCHWARZ ROBIN VANDERWALL TOM ADAMS JOHN GOSEK DAVID SWARTZ EDISON ALDARONDO JOHN CURTAIN HOWARD HELDRITH DENNIS RADER NICHOLAS MORENCY TOM SHORTRIDGE MIKE HENTZ...........

Offline jack

« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2006, 08:45:45 am »
Huh? This moron may have torpedoed the Dem  party again and you blame Republicans? What is he doing at Dem rallies anyways? If you want your party back in power you have to keep knuckleheads like Lurch out of public view.
Stock Tip. If Dems win buy FNM and FRE. Barney and his gang will let these two book swindling outfits return to their criminal ways of hiding losses and cooking the books. Also sell HAL, all Oil, all Pharma. If you own a mutual fund or your IRA has them, look out. Remember about 99% of the corporate crimes were committed under the watchful eye of Rubin,Clinton,and Brown.

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2006, 08:52:20 am »
Huh? This moron may have torpedoed the Dem  party again and you blame Republicans? What is he doing at Dem rallies anyways? If you want your party back in power you have to keep knuckleheads like Lurch out of public view.
Stock Tip. If Dems win buy FNM and FRE. Barney and his gang will let these two book swindling outfits return to their criminal ways of hiding losses and cooking the books. Also sell HAL, all Oil, all Pharma. If you own a mutual fund or your IRA has them, look out. Remember about 99% of the corporate crimes were committed under the watchful eye of Rubin,Clinton,and Brown.

See post above...STOP REPUBLICAN PEDOPHILIA !

Offline libvet

« Reply #13 on: November 01, 2006, 10:26:54 am »
Bush has been killed for similar fuck ups. I have no idea what he was trying to do but he fucked up. I dont know if it was a Bush Joke or typical democrat military bashing.

Spare me your disingenuousness, Jack.  No one is fooled by your faux outrage.  You know what Kerry said and you know EXACTLY what he meant.  It's just another chance for you to tell us something we already know: You hate the democratic party and you hate liberals.   Being different for the sake of being different and then beating people over the head with how groundbreaking you are by being different is not so much nonconformist as attention seeking. The true nonconformists I have met in my life tend to simply be and aren't threatened by people who by comparison follow the mainstream and don't go out of their way to draw attention to themselves.

I'm a veteran and I'm not upset with Kerry at all.  I know precisely what he meant.  You do too.  And don't you dare hand me shit about "dem military bashing", the dems aren't the ones that sent 2800 troops to die in a country that posed no threat to us and the dems aren't the ones that botched the post-invasion plan and the dems aren't the one that sent the troops in with improper and inferior equipment and the dems didn't award no-bid contracts to the people that fed expired food and contaminated water to our troops. 

You'd do damn well to stop focusing on petty deliberate misinterpretation over something so very unimportant and look in the mirror at how your beloved republican party with is in charge of the White House and the Congress has botched the invasion of Iraq at every turn.

2800 dead and tens of thousands more wounded for life and you want to flail over something like this?  And then you have the nerve to accuse the dems of military bashing?  Who is using the military now to try to score cheap political points?   What have you done to actually support the military other than play the role of opportunist over this?

Shame on you.

Michael

Offline jack

« Reply #14 on: November 01, 2006, 10:50:06 am »
Michael, all Lurch had to do was come out and say if he offended anyone he was sorry, but he didnt he attacked w and republicans. He has accused US soldiers of raping and torturing Iraqi men,women,and children. What are we to think? The more I hear it the more it sounds like it was joke that he screwed up but its a joke that makes no sense. Bush and Scary both went to Yale, and Bush had a higher GPA.(he also had a higher gpa than gore). So maybe it wasnt a joke. We dont know and you dont know what he meant.
Everytime Bush makes a mistake or misstatement he is torn to shreds, cant Lurch take the heat? I have not heard Bush flip his lid like Lurch did yesterday.
Dems are smart to run from this dope like they have today, he might bring them down again.

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #15 on: November 01, 2006, 10:59:53 am »
Michael as I veteran I want to thank you for your service to our country. I also want to thank you for your eloquent post. I am afraid some people will repeat the same nonsense over and over again without ever a direct response to the real issues. Why? Because they have nothing to offer but silliness and excuses...2800 dead...Yale and GPA'S...you get the picture.

Thanks again.

Offline jack

« Reply #16 on: November 01, 2006, 11:10:40 am »
Lurch says it was a joke about Bushes education, but that makes no sense. They both went to Yale and Bush had a higher GPA. Lurch has to be a Karl Rove plant. Rove probably brainwashed him in a US/CIA torture camp by dressing him as a woman and making him look at pics that show his striking resemblance to Herman Munster and Lurch. He has then sent out radio signals before the last two elections to make Lurch say stupid shit and cause Dems to lose.

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #17 on: November 01, 2006, 11:32:26 am »
Lurch says it was a joke about Bushes education, but that makes no sense. They both went to Yale and Bush had a higher GPA. Lurch has to be a Karl Rove plant. Rove probably brainwashed him in a US/CIA torture camp by dressing him as a woman and making him look at pics that show his striking resemblance to Herman Munster and Lurch. He has then sent out radio signals before the last two elections to make Lurch say stupid shit and cause Dems to lose.

This is so ridiculous it bears repeating. 2800 and counting.

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #18 on: November 02, 2006, 08:47:23 pm »
But he was right Jakey. Believe me, I know what it's like to speak the unpalatable truth. I've said it before and I'll say it again:

The US Military is just a welfare programme for crackers.

MtD

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #19 on: November 02, 2006, 09:34:15 pm »
Michael, all Lurch had to do was come out and say if he offended anyone he was sorry, but he didnt he attacked w and republicans. He has accused US soldiers of raping and torturing Iraqi men,women,and children. What are we to think? The more I hear it the more it sounds like it was joke that he screwed up but its a joke that makes no sense.

Jake, it's no joke. Just Google "US soldiers rape" and see what comes up - over 1,200 entries.

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline libvet

« Reply #20 on: November 02, 2006, 10:24:25 pm »
Jake, it's no joke. Just Google "US soldiers rape" and see what comes up - over 1,200 entries.

Ann

Unfortunately, Ann, there are none so blind as those who will not see.

This entire debacle in Iraq is a subject I am very passionate about. I am hard pressed to think of ANYTHING good that come out of it.

Perhaps one of the greatest casualties in this fiasco has been the reputation and moral standing of the United States. 

We've paid too dear a price in this.

Michael

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #21 on: November 02, 2006, 10:28:28 pm »
Perhaps one of the greatest casualties in this fiasco has been the reputation and moral standing of the United States.

Michael,

I totally agree with you about the war but seriously, reputation and moral standing? I think that wen kaput sometime back dear.

Just ask Jake.

MtD

Offline libvet

« Reply #22 on: November 02, 2006, 11:59:09 pm »

Just ask Jake.

Nah.  I have a pretty clear idea where that one stands and that stance is a perversion of what our country stands for.

Anyone who boldly claims that somehow allowing detainees at Gitmo....many of whom we have held for years without charges and then released them...the right to representation, a speedy trial, due process, and to present evidence on their own behalf as well face their acusers, is somehow traitorous to our values, isn't exactly the person I am going to run to for advice on what America stands for.   The very fact that he refers to these people as terrorists, when neither he nor I nor the government even knows if they are terrorists, speaks volumes because it's the kind of dehumanizing of others that allows one to commit atrocities and still claim to be moral.

I see nothing moral in claiming that somehow we have the right to abduct people and try them and yet not afford them the most basic principles of our justice system.   That's the kind of thing I'd expect from Cuba or China or Iraq....not America.

When I hear people point fingers at others for having the audacity to stand up for 200 years of legal precedent and values because they are too terrified to face life with all the risks living entails, I am reminded of this little scene from "A Man For All Seasons".

William Roper: So, now you give the Devil the benefit of law!

Sir Thomas More: Yes! What would you do? Cut a great road through the law to get after the Devil?

William Roper: Yes, I'd cut down every law in England to do that!

Sir Thomas More: Oh? And when the last law was down, and the Devil turned 'round on you, where would you hide, Roper, the laws all being flat? This country is planted thick with laws, from coast to coast, Man's laws, not God's! And if you cut them down, and you're just the man to do it, do you really think you could stand upright in the winds that would blow then? Yes, I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!

Somehow I rather doubt that Jakey would beable to stand upright in those winds created by his way of doing things.

I feel a little sorry for people who sell their freedom and values so cheaply in exchange for an illusion of security.

The best way to face the threat posed by those who would destroy our way of life is to hold true to our values.....not sacrifice our values on the altar of expendiency until we become no different from those we claim are the antithesis of our way of life.

If you willingly give up those values because you think it's too inconvenient to stand up for them....then THAT is the true definition of "appeasement".

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #23 on: November 03, 2006, 12:47:27 am »
Michael,

Like most people around here I've learned not to take the Jakester too seriously. Under all that vain glorious bombast he's actually OK. He's not really a conservative curmudgeon, just a confused libertarian/leftie type who's upset that he wasn't born "gay/black/latino/asian/insert oppressed minority" of choice.

He likes to represent himself as the Resident Leader of the Hard Right in this place. When you consider that he's only got Cliff and LongOne for company it's not difficult to see how he snared the job.

For some reason he just can't stand the Peons at the top of the Democratic Party. Kerry, Clinton et al seem to drive him nuts. He's still choking (and I use the term advisedly) over the whole "cigar in the Jewish chick" event that saw Slick Willy relegated to the couch for a few weeks back in the late 1990's.

Just don't tell him that Bill beat the impeachment trial, y'hear? ;)

MtD

Offline Lisa

• Formerly known as sweetieweasel/Joined Nov. 2004
    • http://www.myspace.com/lisanowak58
« Reply #24 on: November 03, 2006, 12:50:32 am »
Jake...puff puff pass  8)

Michael...I think I love you.
No Fear  No Shame  No Stigma
Happiness is not getting what you want, but wanting what you have.

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.