Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 18, 2024, 10:47:46 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772781
  • Total Topics: 66296
  • Online Today: 328
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 226
Total: 227

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Stribild and Dairy  (Read 12490 times)

Offline la-hir

Stribild and Dairy
« on: July 16, 2014, 05:07:25 am »
Hi Guys,
I am a bit concern about something what I recently read here,that I should avoid antacids 4 hours around stribild intake ( I know this- and am not using any antacids) however I am taking my pill in the morning and quiet often have for breakfast either yogurt, kefir, cheese, coffee  with soy milk, banana.... almost every day...
So it a bit shock for me that I has read here,that I should avoid any dairy at least 4 hours around stribild intake. So two months I am damaging my treatment??? Hell... am anxious now  :'(
Could somebody clarify this here please??
Anyway my nurse say to me that yogurt and banana is should enough of food.
Thank you L.  ???

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
Re: Stribild and Dairy
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2014, 05:33:20 am »
Hi la-hir,

I've been on Stribild for about a year, and have been on many meds since the early 90's.  I take the Stribild at night, and have not been particularly concerned about what I'm eating when taking it, though I am not a big consumer of dairy.  That is mostly due to the fact I've become almost 100% lactose intolerant since going through menopause.

I do, however, eat the occasional banana, soy milk yogurt, sour cream etc.   Aside from the sour cream, the other things I eat mainly in the morning, about 12 hours after taking my Stribild, and have never had any negative outcome due to this. 

You may want to take your med at night, thus not having to get anxious about your consumption of dairy in the morning. 

Betty
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Condom and Lube Info https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/safer-sex
Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/treatmentasprevention-tasp

Offline InquisitHIV

• Laughter is the best medicine.
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2014, 07:03:35 am »
Until recently, I swallowed my once a day Stribild in the morning with a glass of ice cold FRESH full fat dairy milk. However, due to a video about 'Stribild' on YouTube, I decided that MILK (a natural antacid) was not such a good idea!

I currently swallow my Meds with a glass of bottled mineral water.

Anyone got any other top suggestions on the best liquid to ease that big Stribild tablet down ones throat?
A man with more than one thing on his mind.

The future belongs to the curious. The ones who are not afraid to try it.
Explore it. Poke at it. Question it. And turn it inside out.

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2014, 09:27:22 am »
Inquisit, please stop posting, in every thread on Stribild, about using antacids with the medication.  A video on youtube is not the voice of medical authority.  I have been on a med for GERD for years, and on Stribild for a year without any incident. 

As I said in yet another thread, please stop posting about this subject in every thread about Stribild. Thanks for your cooperation.

Betty
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

Offline la-hir

« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2014, 11:53:25 am »
Hello! For everyone - Stribild is absolutely safe with any dairy products. I just call my dr. And he says that medication need some acidity in the stomach to work- however any dairy product can't change ph so much as Antacid medication. Therefore no issue with it. Thank you Betty- hope you doing well. Stribild has been very kind to me so fare... How you doing with him? :) L.

Offline InquisitHIV

« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2014, 01:27:20 pm »
Why am I being accused of posting in EVERY thread on Stribild, about using antacids with the medication. This is simple NOT true!

If la-hir's doctor says is absolutely safe to take Stribild with any dairy products, then lets all calm down, banana milkshakes all round.

Why am I being asked to quit posting, is someone trying to hide something?

HOW YOU DOING WITH HIM? Hmmmm

What happened to freedom of speech?

To keep the peace I will for now STOP posting about Stribild and Antacids. If anyone thinks I'm being treated unfairly, then please offer your support through posting. THANKS.

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2014, 02:55:33 pm »
Hi lahir-I am doing well on the Stribild.  I take it at night because when I first started taking it, I was a bit nauseous.  But now that's gone.

Inquisit, I'm not going to post this again.  You have been posting in every thread on Stribild about your opinion, per youtube, about antacids.  If you continue on with this behavior, you will be timed out.  You do have freedom of speech, but please keep it in your own thread.  You've been warned.

Betty

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2014, 03:02:40 pm »
Why am I being accused of posting in EVERY thread on Stribild, about using antacids with the medication. This is simple NOT true!

If la-hir's doctor says is absolutely safe to take Stribild with any dairy products, then lets all calm down, banana milkshakes all round.

Why am I being asked to quit posting, is someone trying to hide something?

HOW YOU DOING WITH HIM? Hmmmm

What happened to freedom of speech?

To keep the peace I will for now STOP posting about Stribild and Antacids. If anyone thinks I'm being treated unfairly, then please offer your support through posting. THANKS.

There is no need for the mocking and condescending tone ... you were asked to stop spamming each Stribild thread with inaccurate and half true information ... its not the end of the world, just stop doing it . 
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
You can read more about Transmission and Risks here:
HIV Transmission and Risks
You can read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
You can read more about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read more about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
You can read more about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

Offline oksikoko

• Writing the congressman again
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2014, 08:16:13 pm »
Anyone got any other top suggestions on the best liquid to ease that big Stribild tablet down ones throat?

Saliva and a sense of humor. (§)

All else equals doom beyond your wildest imagination. I learned this from a Nigerian doctor's YouTube channel,  and I am not one to question authority figures.

As for the dude asking that people support him publicly here,  good luck.  Right or wrong,  dissent from the Poz community's general concensus (tm)  is not and cannot be tolerated,  lest we face a fate worse that that suffered by those who take Stribild with milk. Use your energy to found an alternative information source,  then you too can play the role of benevolent dictator. Until then,  play nice and bide your time.

§ Note: the powers that be would question taking Stribild with only water or saliva for that matter.  Stribild is made considerably more bioavailable when taken with a fatty meal. Whether this is a good or bad thing has not been studied,  though we assume the manufacturer would do nothing that is not in the best interest of those infected with HIV as our survival ensures generations of customers for their thriving industry.

I learned about the need for a fatty meal from the package insert created by the manufacturer,  though whether you believe them or the Nigerian doctor depends on you and your ability to suspend disbelief until the next commercial break. Input from the fatty meal industry (Big Phatma)  was not considered in this answer.
Code: [Select]
2014-11-14: CD4 Wars Episode II: Return of the Stribild (released in Europe as Stribild II: Werewolf Bitch)
2014-11-06:                ☣ VL (→) 12,627      ☣ CD4 (→) 639
2014-??-??: off treatment  ☣ VL (?)              ☣ CD4 (?)
2013-10-03:                ☣ VL (=) undetectable ☣ CD4 (+) 1105
2013-05-23:                ☣ VL (=) undetectable ☣ CD4 (-) 945
2013-02-25:                ☣ VL (-) undetectable ☣ CD4 (+) 1123
2012-12-16: Enter Stribild
2012-11-20: HIV+           ☣ VL (→) 132,683      ☣ CD4 (→) 920
2012-04-01: HIV-
Dates in this signature file conform to ISO 8601. ;-)

If no one complains, nothing will ever change.

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2014, 08:20:41 pm »
Saliva and a sense of humor. (§)

All else equals doom beyond your wildest imagination. I learned this from a Nigerian doctor's YouTube channel,  and I am not one to question authority figures.

As for the dude asking that people support him publicly here,  good luck.  Right or wrong,  dissent from the Poz community's general concensus (tm)  is not and cannot be tolerated,  lest we face a fate worse that that suffered by those who take Stribild with milk. Use your energy to found an alternative information source,  then you too can play the role of benevolent dictator. Until then,  play nice and bide your time.

§ Note: the powers that be would question taking Stribild with only water or saliva for that matter.  Stribild is made considerably more bioavailable when taken with a fatty meal. Whether this is a good or bad thing has not been studied,  though we assume the manufacturer would do nothing that is not in the best interest of those infected with HIV as our survival ensures generations of customers for their thriving industry.

I learned about the need for a fatty meal from the package insert created by the manufacturer,  though whether you believe them or the Nigerian doctor depends on you and your ability to suspend disbelief until the next commercial break. Input from the fatty meal industry (Big Phatma)  was not considered in this answer.

You should be thanking Betty for volunteering her time instead of insulting her . It speaks more about who you are than her .
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Offline Dan0

« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2014, 09:58:10 pm »
Last night I downed my pill with a White Russian with real cream. It was wonderful and yes, I did think of these threads while doing it! Im still alive and still undetectable......and still have a roll of tums in my backpack.  And no, it is not a nightly event but it was way better than a hot pocket.
"Honey, you should never ask advice from a drunk drag queen who has a show to do." - JG

06/2002 DX
10/2006 Atripla UD
10/2013 Stribild Still UD
04/2016 Genvoya UD

Offline oksikoko

« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2014, 01:24:06 am »
You should be thanking Betty for volunteering her time instead of insulting her . It speaks more about who you are than her .

Like clockwork.

Dearest,  Betty,  I thank you and all the martyrs heartily for all the great work you've done here on this site.  Without you,  it wouldn't be the inviting community that it is. I assure you,  any insults in my post were not directed at you, though the wheels are in motion now and nothing I say will matter since an elder has spoken against me.

Therefore,  I once again humbly ask for forgiveness for insulting you so deeply as I must have done with my cruel words (what was I thinking with that Big Phatma crack).  I forget that I speak from a place of power and privilege and welcome the punishments you might think up for me.

Dearest Jeff,  I do hope you get a vacation soon, a long vacation to any destination of your choice,  far away from terrible people like me who appreciate nothing,  least of all the tireless work you do to create this welcoming community. But most of all,  far -  far - away from me.

Sincerely,
Lee, the worst sort of person

PS -  I'll undoubtedly be muted or banned since my apology doesn't meet the approved format.  The community's standards must be held high.  We can't let just anyone be poz,  now can we?

PPS - lol,  lighten up or the AIDS wins.
2014-11-14: CD4 Wars Episode II: Return of the Stribild (released in Europe as Stribild II: Werewolf Bitch)

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2014, 05:51:42 am »
Like clockwork.

Dearest,  Betty,  I thank you and all the martyrs heartily for all the great work you've done here on this site.  Without you,  it wouldn't be the inviting community that it is. I assure you,  any insults in my post were not directed at you, though the wheels are in motion now and nothing I say will matter since an elder has spoken against me.

Therefore,  I once again humbly ask for forgiveness for insulting you so deeply as I must have done with my cruel words (what was I thinking with that Big Phatma crack).  I forget that I speak from a place of power and privilege and welcome the punishments you might think up for me.

Dearest Jeff,  I do hope you get a vacation soon, a long vacation to any destination of your choice,  far away from terrible people like me who appreciate nothing,  least of all the tireless work you do to create this welcoming community. But most of all,  far -  far - away from me.

Sincerely,
Lee, the worst sort of person

PS -  I'll undoubtedly be muted or banned since my apology doesn't meet the approved format.  The community's standards must be held high.  We can't let just anyone be poz,  now can we?

PPS - lol,  lighten up or the AIDS wins.

Lee, just so you know, Jeff is a volunteer also.  We do not consider ourselves martyrs.  We all work together to keep the forums running smoothly, including answering answers in Am I. We do not get paid for this, we do it because we're dedicated to having a space for HIV+ people, like ourselves (save Andy, who is also invaluable), to be able to converse, get information, offer possible solutions and opinions and form lasting friendships. You need to stop the snide remarks. 

Last night I downed my pill with a White Russian with real cream. It was wonderful and yes, I did think of these threads while doing it! Im still alive and still undetectable......and still have a roll of tums in my backpack.  And no, it is not a nightly event but it was way better than a hot pocket.

Dan, lol.  I really never gave any consideration what I took to get the Stribild down.  I do believe we will find out more possible side effects, interactions, in the future since they really do not give a long run to the meds prior to releasing them. 

Offline oksikoko

« Reply #13 on: July 18, 2014, 06:47:14 am »
Thanks for telling me what I need.  I would tell you what you need,  but as usual,  what's good for the goose here at poz.com is not good for the gander.  Neither you nor Jeff nor any moderator here was insulted in my original post in any way,  but feel free to play victim if you'd like and of course insult anyone you'd like. Jeff chose to insert offense where there was none and I see you plan to follow his lead.

Arguing with any of you is like arguing with a police officer.  It doesn't matter if you've done nothing wrong.  You lose either way.

If I'm still around in a year,  I'll check in again to see if there's finally any humor or (God forbid) someone outside your clique acting as a moderator to curb your enthusiasm. Untreated HIV turns out to be even more humorless than this site,  so I can't promise you anything.

Sincerely,
Lee

PS -  I am also a volunteer,  though not here.  I would never use it as an excuse to do a poor job or as an excuse to belittle someone else. If I want to belittle someone,  I pretty much do it openly under my own banner and usually for some reason other than a power trip.

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: July 18, 2014, 06:56:04 am »
Thanks for telling me what I need.  I would tell you what you need,  but as usual,  what's good for the goose here at poz.com is not good for the gander.  Neither you nor Jeff nor any moderator here was insulted in my original post in any way,  but feel free to play victim if you'd like and of course insult anyone you'd like. Jeff chose to insert offense where there was none and I see you plan to follow his lead.

Arguing with any of you is like arguing with a police officer.  It doesn't matter if you've done nothing wrong.  You lose either way.

If I'm still around in a year,  I'll check in again to see if there's finally any humor or (God forbid) someone outside your clique acting as a moderator to curb your enthusiasm. Untreated HIV turns out to be even more humorless than this site,  so I can't promise you anything.

Sincerely,
Lee

PS -  I am also a volunteer,  though not here.  I would never use it as an excuse to do a poor job or as an excuse to belittle someone else. If I want to belittle someone,  I pretty much do it openly under my own banner and usually for some reason other than a power trip.

Lee, we are also HIV+; in fact Jeff and I are both long term survivors.  You have no idea what we're like, or what we've been through. You started this by insulting me through telling another member what he can/cannot expect regarding moderators here:

To be quite honest, I didn't take much insult by that remark, as I know you're a bit of a smart-ass (which is fine, I can be also).  But, to come back and compare us to police??  Really?? Why can you not take criticism without attacking everyone who offer it?  All I asked you to do was to stop the insults, is that so hard?

Please refrain from any further negative dialogue.  You've been warned. Thanks for your cooperation.

Betty

Offline oksikoko

« Reply #15 on: July 18, 2014, 07:06:08 am »
I see the phrase "I'm a long-term survivor"  is still used to silence people or to get the army of LTS on your side,  which is inevitably about to happen here.  When I die of AIDS,  I'll be sure to let them know that I'm not really one of you,  just a latecomer,  lol. We're all in this together,  my dear,  and my HIV is just as deadly as yours. You say I have no idea what you're like and I respond the same to you,  though I have a feeling I can be banned for saying exactly what you said to me. Let's find out.

The irony of someone telling me to stop the negative talk or else ("you've been warned") while at the same time acting shocked to be compared with police is astounding. I did not insult you no matter how many times you assert otherwise,  officer. Thanks for your cooperation.

By the way,  you called me a 'smart ass'  which I find insulting.  Why is it that I am being 'watched' and received a warning by post and here publicly,  yet you are allowed to say such inflammatory remarks to and about me with impunity?

Who moderates the moderators?
« Last Edit: July 18, 2014, 07:20:28 am by oksikoko »

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #16 on: July 18, 2014, 08:34:53 am »
This all stems from oksikoko getting a time out ages ago . He went off the rails in a thread and deleted allot of offensive things he said leaving threads incomplete and out of context .
He was muted until he calmed down in an attempt to keep him from getting a time out but as you can see he is not the forgiving type . I hope he sticks around and continues to post and stops this nonsense .

The mods on this site are all volunteers and we do not expect to be thanked for the considerable time we devote to it . We hate to have to step in and give warnings and time outs to our fellow members . We are members here first and subject to the same rules .

I will not allow our volunteer moderators to harassed and mocked when we make difficult decisions and all I ask is to please comply with a simple request from time to time when we ask you to refrain from doing something .

Let us please get back on topic and put this behind us and not comment further on it .
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Offline oksikoko

« Reply #17 on: July 18, 2014, 08:56:40 am »
Omnipotent as well?  You were wrong then as you continue to be.  This all stems from selective policing by the moderators,  though framing me as having "gone off the rails",  is both untrue and offensive  to the mentally ill.

You should be ashamed,  Jeff.  That's beneath even you. But I don't expect an apology from you any more than I do from Betty for her 'smart-ass'  comment.  The double standard is clear.

But I guess only us crazies can see it.  It's not worth trying to participate here.  I forgot that,  but it won't happen again.

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #18 on: July 18, 2014, 09:56:57 am »
Omnipotent as well?  You were wrong then as you continue to be.  This all stems from selective policing by the moderators,  though framing me as having "gone off the rails",  is both untrue and offensive  to the mentally ill.

You should be ashamed,  Jeff.  That's beneath even you. But I don't expect an apology from you any more than I do from Betty for her 'smart-ass'  comment.  The double standard is clear.

But I guess only us crazies can see it.  It's not worth trying to participate here.  I forgot that,  but it won't happen again.

You have earned your second time out now . You came into a thread that had nothing to do with you and engaged in flame bait simply because you cant let go of a what you feel was a slight that took place a long time ago . Betty and I have discussed her comment and she knows it was not appropriate so do not let anyone think that situations like this are not addressed . I don't want to lock this thread so lets just move on from this and concentrate on more positive things .

HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Offline Schnauzer

« Reply #19 on: July 24, 2014, 03:28:05 pm »
I think I can understand your and Betty's frustration with some of Oksikoko's comments, but it's unfortunate that you would silence him.  Oksikoko mostly posts intelligent and clever comments. Excluding him from the forums, even if temporarily, in my opinion doesn't serve the best interests of the forum.
One good turn gets most of the blankets.

Offline salviati

« Reply #20 on: July 24, 2014, 07:27:13 pm »
I am currently on my first year on meds. Truvada, Atazanavir, Norvir. My doctor's about to change that to Stribild due to high cholesterol attribute to Norvir.
I once tried Atripla at night and almost kill myself.
Can someone tell me about the side effects of Stribild and if it will be ok to take it in the morning with breakfast?

Offline absopozilutely

• Love to chat/text/talk/encourage!
« Reply #21 on: July 25, 2014, 01:36:50 am »
Grrrr. I'm biting my tongue because Jeff said to drop it, but as Jeff once put it "how very fucking dare" him be so condescending and beat you guys up. Trust me buddy there's way more people on their side then yours. It's a peaceful site with as little drama as possible, don't come off as a power hungry, self loathing, condescending prick to them, please. Respectfully, the people who appreciate the value this site offers.

Abso!
12/18 Infected
2/4 12:22pm tested POZ via ORAquick
2/19 WB Confirmation
2/4-2/19 VL 104,678 CD4 407
3/2 Genotype back, and Started Complera
4/2-CD4 688 38% and VL 1,600
5/1-CD4 592 42% and VL 336
5/22-CD4 732 31% and VL 109 :( STILL NOT UD!
5/31 Switched to Stribild :( I'll miss you Complera!
6/19 CD4 508 35% and VL UD!!!!! Crying at work like a baby.
9/19 CD4 799 46% VL UD yayyyy
5/1/19 CD4 1100 VL still UD.

Offline InquisitHIV

« Reply #22 on: July 25, 2014, 05:03:38 am »
On the 16th July I was insulted and dishonorably BANNED from posting and sending personal massages on this wonderful Forum, for apparently continued posting on the same issue in others' threads after being repeatedly warned.

My first ever ban was for one week, this is my first post since being unfairly banned.

I was led to believe that a ban would only be imposed in the event of a MAJOR violation of the forum agreement.

Why was I being accused of posting in EVERY thread on Stribild, about using antacids with medication? This was simply NOT true!
It should be known that the warnings to me, of the possibility of being banned, came to me AFTER I had submitted my posts.

Such undeniable evidence, the actually detailed info contained within my totally relevant posts, can confirm that the moderator who accused me is indeed a LIAR.

Another EXCUSE to ban me, was that I was also falsely accused of a having mocking and condescending tone. I was accused of inaccurate and half true information, this is also NOT true.

I believe have been reasonably diplomatic in my approach to posting, being cautious and careful not to offend or post any material which is false, defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, adult material, or otherwise in violation of any International or United States Federal law.

The moderator or moderators in question seem to have a very limited, unprofessional, flippant attitude and unwillingness (or is it laziness) to offer any amount of fairness or justice while acting out their privileged role as moderators. They ignore the truth, the facts, and silence, ban or ‘time out’ people at their leisure. Nobody questions their hypocritical, bad karma attitude, and they get away with it.

Like others with big balls, who have expressed and posted words of concern. I feel a need to speak out on this forum, about my right to be treated equal to other forum users, I’m left with no choice and would have to describe the way in which I have been treated as ‘Police Brutality’!

P.S. In keeping with my desire to post on relevant subjects, I have a comment to make on ‘Stribild and Dairy’.

Chicken with chocolate sauce. Now, that is my personal opinion, which I am entitled too.

Will I get banned for this post? Will I be silenced for a second time? Yes, where are the moderators who monitor the moderators?

Yours truly InquisitHIV

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #23 on: July 25, 2014, 05:21:37 am »
Inquisit, we do not like to issue time-outs.  We would rather all members continue to contribute to the subjects, as it helps to get a variety of opinions.   

All we asked you to do was to keep your opinions about Stribild and dairy in one thread, yet you continued to post the same info in multiple threads.  While it is alright to voice your opinion about this subject, please keep this in your own thread, and whatever threads you post in, please keep that relevant to the subject the OP brought up. 

I am not going to give you another time out at this point, but please know you are being watched.  When Jeff comes along he may comment further on this.  Please refrain from posting anymore about how you believe you were unfairly treated, and keep your posts about the OP's post.  Thank you for your cooperation.

Betty

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #24 on: July 25, 2014, 10:23:15 am »

I believe have been reasonably diplomatic in my approach to posting, being cautious and careful not to offend or post any material which is false...

But you were - repeatedly - posting incorrect/false information when posting these nuggets below:

My doctor did not inform me of this,,, anyways you don’t need to be a specialist to work out that you should avoid taking ‘Stribild’ with antacids, including natural food antacids such as bananas or milk. Absorption of Stribild is affected by antacids.

So if you enjoy a banana milkshake, don’t have one 4hrs before or after taking Stribild!

Antacids, including natural antacid foods taken with Stribild, could be the cause of side effects or ineffective treatment.

Antacid natural foods include bananas, milk, yogurt and prob other dairy products. Best to avoid these in the few hours before or after taking Stribild.

Don't swallow your Stribild with a banana milkshake, prob safer to swallow it with a can of special brew.

Until recently, I swallowed my once a day Stribild in the morning with a glass of ice cold FRESH full fat dairy milk. However, due to a video about 'Stribild' on YouTube, I decided that MILK (a natural antacid) was not such a good idea!

I currently swallow my Meds with a glass of bottled mineral water.

Foods such as milk and bananas do NOT have sufficient antacid properties to affect any hiv meds. Telling people otherwise will only serve to upset and scare them unnecessarily.

Maybe you didn't post in EVERY Stribild thread that exists on the forum, but you sure had a good try at posting in most of the recent ones. Fair enough when the information is accurate, but your information was NOT accurate. I believe that's what Betty had a problem with. Betty did not lie and is not a LIAR.

While perhaps your initial Time Out was a little hasty, your behaviour upon your return has been less than stellar. I'm giving you a second Time Out for the abuse and name-calling you meted out to Betty in your latest post.

Please think twice about your behaviour before you post again when your Time Out is over.

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.