Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:45:04 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772944
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 375
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 334
Total: 334

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Tcells are still below 200 and Im going crazy too!!  (Read 6701 times)

Offline Iamrick

• Daily OM
Tcells are still below 200 and Im going crazy too!!
« on: June 02, 2007, 05:15:08 pm »
My CD4 count is 83 and CD8 are better and my viral load is below 100,000. The Dr said that it was OK but it still scares me. It's been almost a year with my current regimen of meds. My tcells where at 40 then and I thought for sure they would be much higher by now. I guess I should just be glad that my viral load is as low as it is. The Dr explained that the higher CD8 counts countered the lower CD4 counts but that didn't really make me feel much better, wish I had more patience!! I just don't want to end up getting sick from an opportunistic infection. I've seen what they can do and I don't want to go there. I was also diagnosed as
Bipolar/manic, so I'm crazy too!!! :o  I hope the Lithium he prescribed will help me out of this funk I call life these days. Thanks for listening, Rick

Happiness  keeps You Sweet,

Trials keep You  Strong,

Sorrows keep You  Human,

Failures keep You  Humble,

Success keeps You Glowing, 

But Only God/Goddess keeps You Going!

Have a Blessed Day Everyone!! Rick

Offline LT

Re: Tcells are still below 200 and Im going crazy too!!
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2007, 12:49:59 am »
I've recovered from very similar numbers (I think my CD4 was 89) about two years ago.  And despite being Poz for more than 21 years, I've yet to experience an OI.

It took me more than a year to get my CD4 back over 200.  I think it took three tests (about 2 months apart) before my VL became undetectable.   I'm sure they've got you on an antibiotic as a prophylaxis (preventative) for PCP.  Just be rigorous about taking your meds, and I'm fairly sure things will improve.

The people who give you a trite "think happy thoughts," don't understand depression.  You're not crazy (and yea I know you were poking fun at yourself).  But occasionally, when you feel blue, try to do something that gives you pleasure.  Something like watching/renting a comedy, taking a walk in the sun, baking cookies (and eating them - making even sneaking some uncooked doe) . . .   You get the idea.  None of that will turn the world around, but it should give a a few brief moments of relief from being down.

Let me know if I can help.

Signed - one who's been there!

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2007, 03:04:50 am »
I've been below 200 since being on meds for the last two years but I have an undetectable VL. It takes time and patients.

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2007, 07:27:59 am »
It took me almost two years on meds to reach a CD4 of two hundred. I focused on my undetectable viral load to keep my spirits up. Like you I worried about opportunistic infections but was lucky enough to avoid them. LT offers you some sound advice. If your viral load continues toward undetectable do a little happy dance.   

Offline David84

« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2007, 07:17:23 pm »
We must be patient. I haven't hit 100 for the last year or so. I am hovering in the 50's - 70's but feel pretty good. I get my latest results this week.. you'd think after 23 years I wouldn't get anxious... but we do. But we're good bud. Lots on the horizon and in the meantime we get the beautiful summer weather. Hugs and best wishes.    David

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.