Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:54:40 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772946
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 441
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 3
Guests: 386
Total: 389

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Why am I so tired?  (Read 27473 times)

Offline pointer165

• I like this tribal avatar
Re: Why am I so tired?
« Reply #50 on: March 08, 2007, 08:28:23 pm »
I was a Pharmacist about 18 years ago when I went on disability...so going on 19 years now being POZ..for the past three years I joined my gym just because it gives me social interaction with the rest of humanity & not just POZ people(there's nothing wrong with all of you people but I just don't like to hang with just you..I like variety :-)  )...so I got involved with an aquaaerobics class.........I can not swim but was looking for something that was not high impact & this was the answer...so I do that twice a week on Wed & Friday and have added a day out of the pool on Monday with Nia(which is a combo of karate,ballet,yoga etc)......it's allot of fun & what is MOST IMPORTANT..YOU GO AT YOUR PACE..IT IS NOT A MARATHON..if I tire I just walk to keep my heartbeat up then join in again...I only do it because it HAS to be fun and out of that fun comes the benefit.....which is TOTAL exhaustion when I get home(I almost always take a nap when I come home from the gym)  & meeting new & interesting people....but especially in the cold ,dark winter mornings...I drag my ass into that gym because it costs me allot of money...my mind says get up!..go use it...and then it kicks in why I'm there when I'm there....and the bow on the package is that the pool class has now become an extended family of sorts...we have an annual xmas party,Halloween party(in the pool BTW)....so yes yes yes to excercise...if my body was NOT in the shape it was in last year I would never have been able to recover from that cancer in my ear(stage one lymphoma) & the chemo that went with it..I learned that one the hard way!.and always take naps...it helps if you don't work...but I know in this world if you haven't set youself up financially...you have to work!

Tony
Guamanian

Offline Jeffreyj

« Reply #51 on: March 09, 2007, 12:02:38 am »
Lisa,
A 12 hour a night sleep is the norm for me anymore. But I've been on meds for 23 years. But I have always battled fatigue, ever since I can remember. I recently went to a sleep center and discovered I have sleep apnea. I'm hoping that once I get started on a new machine, that it will help me sleep better (more REM sleep). I hope this is just a freak thing for you. Has it been going on for a while now?

Hope you get your strength back soon .
Positive since 1985

Offline northernguy

« Reply #52 on: March 09, 2007, 10:34:02 pm »
Amazing.  This is SOOOOOOOOOOO me too.  There are some moments when I'm absolutely exhausted all the time!  I've noticed this over the past few years, especially as my sinus infections and eczema has gotten worse.  (Now that I'm diagnosed I can see - in hindsight - that these are all symptoms of being hiv+). 

Plan to ask my doc about the exhaustion at my first appointment for my bloods.

Your experiences are exactly mine: sinus aches & problems, bad eczema and some days I'm so tired I think I'll fall of my chair.
Apr 28/06 cd4 600 vl 10,600 cd% 25
Nov 8/09 cd4 510 vl 49,5000 cd% 16
Jan 16/10 cd4 660 vl 54,309 cd% 16
Feb 17/10 Started Atripla
Mar 7/10 cd4 710 vl 1,076 cd% 21
Apr 18/10 cd4 920 vl 268 cd% 28
Jun 19/10 cd4 450 vl 60 cd% 25
Aug 15/10 cd4 680 vl 205 cd% 27
Apr 3/11 cd4 780 vl <40 cd% 30
Jul 17/11 cd4 960 vl <40 cd%33
April 15/12 cd4 1,010 vl <40 cd% 39
April 20/12 Switched to Viramune + Truvada
Aug 2/12 cd4 1040, vl <40, cd% 38
Oct 19 cd4 1,110 vl <40 cd% 41

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #53 on: March 10, 2007, 01:28:44 am »
I have to get at least 9 hours or more of sleep. And I have noticed that I take more naps recently. With the way my counts have dropped recently, I expect this is the reason for the fatigue.
Started Atripla/Ziagen on 9/13/07.
10/31/07 CD4-265 VL- undetectable
2/6/08 CD4- 401 VL- undetectable
5/7/08 CD4- 705 VL- undetectable
6/4/08 CD4- 775 VL- undetectable
8/6/08 CD4- 805 VL- undetectable
11/13/08 CD4- 774 VL--undetectable
2/4/09  CD4- 484  VL- 18,000 (2 months off meds)
3/3/09---Starting Back on Meds---
4/27/09 CD4- 664 VL-- undetectable
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600
01-22-10-- CD4- 525 VL- 59,000
Cherish the simple things life has to offer

Offline Fosbery

« Reply #54 on: March 10, 2007, 02:00:59 am »

Well I'm glad to see that I'm not alone, I am tired all the time and like most of you by the time I get home from work I'm so tired I have to have a nap, this was never something I use to do, and unlike some of you and wish I could have a solid sleep at night, but all I do is twist and turn all night. My doctor like the rest of you seems to dismiss it and tells me to get my ass to the gym andl lose some weight and I won't be so tired. I use to go to the gym 5 days a week and now I'm lucky if I get there twice a week. I've gained like 25lbs since this all started a year ago. It really sucks.

Offline belgium

• jean's blog
« Reply #55 on: March 10, 2007, 06:03:42 am »
i am by nature a very nervous person, i always managed with 4 hrs sleep a night and i race tru the day at full speed.
but this year it has been very difficult, i need at least 7 hrs of sleep a night to be in a fit state and when i'm tired i start to shake all over my body.
i know i should slow down but i just can't (won't), i accepted a new job recently wich is much fun but it depletes my energy levels even more then my previous one used to do.
doctor gave me a very mild sedative for,  as he put it "put my engine on a lower rev"
it is frustrating though, i dont want to slow down and i see myself in a sort of battle with HIV, most of the days i win, but sadly i noticed that recently HIv is scoring points too!
maybe i'm losing ground, my last labs weren't very good, VL 12000 and CD4 500 ,wich is very low for me, oh we'll see this month , dracula comes to bite again!
if it isn't working, it must be windows

Offline ndrew

• ....-.-.-.-.-.....
« Reply #56 on: March 11, 2007, 10:23:01 am »
Hello,

I was exhausted some mornings even before infection.  Some of it is getting older, but I think my allergies run my body down as well.  Going to the gym helps, but then sometimes that makes me feel like sleeping all day.  I try to keep busy, but sometimes I have to take a lot of breaks, because if I am exhausted I get easily frustrated with what I am doing and stressed.

Drew

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.