Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 07:46:55 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772945
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 375
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 351
Total: 353

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Has Anyone Heard from Queen?  (Read 19363 times)

Offline MOONLIGHT1114

• Cheech 2.2.94 - 4.23.10 We miss you so much!
Has Anyone Heard from Queen?
« on: January 18, 2008, 10:30:40 pm »
Our Queen posts on here every damn day, and she hasn't been here since Monday night.

Us ladies in the Dating Thread are worried, and I can't reach her on Messenger, either.

I'll have to check the Blog, but I have a feeling she hasn't been there.

:-\

~ Cindy
HIV+ since '93, 1/12 - CD4 785 and undet.   WOO-HOO!!

Offline AlanBama

• Alabama: the 'other' 3rd World Country!
Re: Has Anyone Heard from Queen?
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2008, 11:37:19 pm »
Queen,  are you o.k. honey?   Let someone hear from you.....us old folks get worried about y'all when you're not around.

Alan
"Remember my sentimental friend that a heart is not judged by how much you love, but by how much you are loved by others." - The Wizard of Oz

Offline MOONLIGHT1114

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2008, 11:41:11 pm »
Queen~  I sent you a text from my new cell#, please text back GF!  Don't tell me you lost your computer AND cell service at the same time!

Her last blog has me a bit worried.......  :(

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2008, 09:04:38 am »
I'm hoping it's just a temporary internet disruption. Queen knows we're here to help if we can.

Drop a dime Queen and let us know.

Aunty D :-*

Offline MOONLIGHT1114

« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2008, 09:22:42 am »
Still no reply from the text I sent to her cell, and she is always texting people...... :(

Dan J.

« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2008, 09:53:08 am »
Queen,

I hope that your just busy doing "stuff" and not sick.

I llove you very, very much.

Dan

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2008, 10:42:22 am »
Queen, come on honey, we care and are all waiting to hear from you! :-*
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Condom and Lube Info https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/safer-sex
Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/treatmentasprevention-tasp

Offline heartforyou

• I must be a survivor in many ways...
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2008, 07:35:18 pm »
Hermes is calling her majesty....

come on in baby

Infected 1983. Diagnosed in 1987 and still kicking
Dovato once daily. Hydrea

Happiness is the freedom of breathing fresh air every day.

Offline MOONLIGHT1114

« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2008, 06:45:30 pm »
Where in the F*** is Queen?  Just to let you all know, I have her old address and know she only moved up the street or somewhere close by when she got the new place with her roomie, so she's most def in the same town.  Also, I know her last name, I have her Yahoo Messenger ID, her personal email address AND her cell number.

I have used this info to check on her and don't know what else to do.  I am calling her directly right now, which I have never done because of her hearing loss.......

Shit.  The cell phone rang about eight times and then went to a busy signal.  No voice mail, no nothing.  Why in the hell would she have both services cut off at once? 

Actually, it does make me feel a little better that her cell seems to be "cut-off."  Maybe there WAS a snafu with a bill, and maybe the internet connection is through the same service as her cell?  Is that even possible?

~Cindy

Offline Iggy

« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2008, 06:50:46 pm »
I'm officially worried.  Is there anyone within driving distance to her able to visit?

Offline mjmel

« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2008, 06:57:21 pm »
Yes, moonlight, internet service and cell service can be under one account. Someone is just gonna have to ring her doorbell ......
I considered it could be a little trouble cuz of da green.
It's frustrating, isn't it. MIA for way too long.

Mike M

Offline MOONLIGHT1114

« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2008, 06:59:16 pm »
I don't have her current address, but I believe that Wishful (Dating Threads) does.  However, both Wishful and I are hours away from Queen's hood.  :(

I checked the hospitals days ago, she was never there.......So that's a blessing.  But if she's in trouble because of the green, I don't think her service would be cut off right away.  Ya know?

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2008, 07:18:32 pm »
I sent an email yesterday and Peter sent one today. No answer.  :-\

Does anyone know her roommate's name? Or son? Might be possible to get another phone number that way...
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2008, 08:12:06 pm »
Sorry guys, I didn't see this until I posted in the MIA list.  I hope someone can get to her.   :-[
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

Offline Oceanbeach

« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2008, 08:27:11 pm »
I sent an email yesterday and Peter sent one today. No answer.  :-\

Does anyone know her roommate's name? Or son? Might be possible to get another phone number that way...

She started as thread months ago about looking for another city to move to.  She spoke of a college her son was interested in one of her posts.  She may have mentioned his name there.  Have the best day
Michael

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2008, 09:10:21 am »
Okay, today is the day. We must figure out how in the world to contact Queen. Certainly we can come up with something. Does the administration have contact info they could use? Is it time to contact the authorities? I'm really worried.

Hal

Offline emeraldize

« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2008, 09:16:13 am »
I believe I have her current address and I'll send mail to her today with a thread printout encouraging her to make contact.

Offline thunter34

• His name is Carl.
« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2008, 09:23:44 am »
Sorry guys, I didn't see this until I posted in the MIA list.  I hope someone can get to her.   :-[

Yeah, girl!  Queen's got mention in two threads running!  Everybody's getting buggy about it now. 

We miss our Queen.

I'm thinking of cranking up some Prince and starting a pot bonfire to draw her out.  Seriously.
AIDS isn't for sissies.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2008, 10:11:55 am »
Okay, today is the day. We must figure out how in the world to contact Queen. Certainly we can come up with something. Does the administration have contact info they could use? Is it time to contact the authorities? I'm really worried.

Hal

We don't have anything other than an email address. Still no reply to the emails.

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline emeraldize

« Reply #19 on: January 24, 2008, 11:09:44 am »
edited for redundancy
« Last Edit: January 24, 2008, 01:54:49 pm by emeraldize »

Offline Basquo

« Reply #20 on: January 24, 2008, 12:16:02 pm »
I've been snooping around since last night, now going public. She's not in the county lockup, she's not been seen by the coroner's office and there's been no missing person report filed on her with the city police. I didn't think to ask if there was any record of her, not just a missing person report, but I left my cell phone at home and I'm pushing it using my office phone for long distance.

Offline MOONLIGHT1114

« Reply #21 on: January 24, 2008, 05:27:14 pm »
Per Ann's request, I have forwarded Queen's cell # and city to her (along with the old address), so that the Moderators may try to make contact. 

Em, if you don't mind, could you email the new address for Queen to Ann?

I have the old address which is house number "111" but I know she has moved.

Thanks so much!

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
« Reply #22 on: January 24, 2008, 05:34:26 pm »
There's an old saying, "when you hear the pounding of hooves, think horses not zebras."

It's likely that the explanation for Her Majesty's absence is a simple and everyday one. She may not have been able to pay the internet bill this month and so is out of contact for that reason.

Or somesuch.

MtD

Offline MOONLIGHT1114

« Reply #23 on: January 24, 2008, 07:52:41 pm »
Hi MtD~

I agree with you on that one.  I felt MUCH better last night after I discovered her cell wasn't working -- it led me to believe what you had just stated.  Still, if people want to help check, then there's no harm in that.  :)

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
« Reply #24 on: January 24, 2008, 07:56:29 pm »
Oh absolutely.

It's always good to keep a track of the ones we hold dear, because you just never know. I can tell you that one or two occasions, having made contact with a member who is unusually absent has proven to have been a lifesaver for them.

MtD

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #25 on: January 26, 2008, 09:20:28 am »
I know we'll hear as soon as someone has an update, I just want Queen to know we're thinking of her.

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #26 on: January 26, 2008, 09:31:19 am »
Cindy (Moonlight) and I are thinking that after the 1st of the month, after the social security checks are in, we'll hear from her.  Here's hoping.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #27 on: January 26, 2008, 09:49:00 am »
I agree with Matty on this. Queen has had some financial bumps in the past. To me, that may well be the cause of her temporary absence. Barring some other unlikely drastic happening to her, she is also wise and connected enough to have someone write in here for her if there was a big health problem going on.

As has been suggested, when $ comes in at the front of the month I expect we will hear from her sassy self again and she'll appreciate that her absence has been given queenly respect. Keep the throne dusted and waiting, please.

Now Queen, you have to prove Matty, Moonlight and I are right on this one.

Andy Velez

Offline anniebc

• AM member since 2003
« Reply #28 on: January 26, 2008, 03:56:36 pm »
I'm betting her first post will be something like..

" Jeez guys can't a Queen take a friggin break without y'all jumping all over my booty"....ok, so I'm lousy at street talk but you get my drift.

She's a sassy Queen alright Andy, but I know she will appreciate that her subjects are concerned about her and we will hopefully hear from her next week...your little corner of the world is waiting for you Queenie so I hope you get the chance to check in soon.

Hugs
Jan :-*

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Never knock on deaths door..ring the bell and run..he really hates that.

Offline Miss Philicia

• celebrity poster, faker & poser
« Reply #29 on: January 26, 2008, 04:36:53 pm »
ha ha, Jan -- that was good.

At any rate if she's waiting on her next check we've still got another 6 or 9 days to go assuming she has direct deposit.
"I’ve slept with enough men to know that I’m not gay"

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #30 on: January 30, 2008, 04:56:56 pm »
Still no word from Queen?

Offline MOONLIGHT1114

« Reply #31 on: January 30, 2008, 05:03:15 pm »
Nada, I'm thinking its a financial issue, like you previously stated, about her internet being down.......I miss her like crazy, though.  I wonder if Em sent her a letter?

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #32 on: January 30, 2008, 06:20:32 pm »
If it's a financial issue, then she should be online by next week sometime, like Philly said, assuming she has direct deposit.  I miss her also. :-\

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #33 on: January 30, 2008, 06:27:41 pm »
We very well may have to wait until next Tuesday before we ratchet up the alert.

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #34 on: February 01, 2008, 01:37:02 pm »
What's up girl?

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #35 on: February 01, 2008, 02:17:13 pm »
OK, Queen's money will have posted today because mine did.  If she has marched wherever to reactivate her whatever, I'd think at the latest she should be on line by TOMORROW or Monday morning.

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #36 on: February 01, 2008, 02:20:25 pm »
omg... nevermind -- I see her on line :)

Get in here Miss Honey!  We're having a party!

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #37 on: February 01, 2008, 02:46:18 pm »
LMAO@some of the posts I have seen. I am very touched by everyone's concern for me. For the record, nothing was shut off, phone or internet. I know I am ghetto fabulous but I have been paying the damn bills, ok... :D...I see there has been 2 threads done on my whereabouts and I still have to jump over to the ladies and chat with them. I am very moved by that. Cindy, you must've missed the hospital I was at, we only have 3 here. I checked myself into one of them 2 days after my bday for depression because things were really getting to me. I never did receive any mail from Em, though she had my addy but it wouldn't have done any good because I wouldn't have seen it til I got home anyways. Maybe it got lost in the mail, I dunno. I appreciate it anyways, Em. Not sure why you didn't get my vm when you called my phone, Cindy. I still have the same number, I guess that's what I get for dealing with the ghetto cell phone company...Sheesh... ;)

Philly, leave it up to you to guess when I would be back on. Yep, check day makes the world go around... :-* I am tired as shit though. And since I have not been on in a bit, I am trying to catch up on everything and with everyone. OMG, you should've seen my instant messages. So, if you have sent me PMs, please give me a moment to respond. The same goes with my blog, I will be working on it over the weekend to give details on what went down with me.

Once again, I want to thank you all for the love.... :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*
Started Atripla/Ziagen on 9/13/07.
10/31/07 CD4-265 VL- undetectable
2/6/08 CD4- 401 VL- undetectable
5/7/08 CD4- 705 VL- undetectable
6/4/08 CD4- 775 VL- undetectable
8/6/08 CD4- 805 VL- undetectable
11/13/08 CD4- 774 VL--undetectable
2/4/09  CD4- 484  VL- 18,000 (2 months off meds)
3/3/09---Starting Back on Meds---
4/27/09 CD4- 664 VL-- undetectable
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600
01-22-10-- CD4- 525 VL- 59,000
Cherish the simple things life has to offer

Offline cjc

• Sweet Girl
« Reply #38 on: February 01, 2008, 03:12:56 pm »
Everybody loves you Queen. How could we resist? I hope you are feeling better and sorry that you were in the hospital but really glad to see you back. Cristy

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #39 on: February 01, 2008, 03:18:52 pm »
Queen, DON'T DO IT AGAIN. Not even if you are going to shoot up roses, you have to get approval from everyone before you try.  ;)

Yes, it's always nice at the first of the month.  :D

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #40 on: February 01, 2008, 03:21:26 pm »
Queen, DON'T DO IT AGAIN. Not even if you are going to shoot up roses, you have to get approval from everyone before you try.  ;)

Yes, it's always nice at the first of the month.  :D

Uh? What roses? Does that mean I am going to be sent 2 dozen roses from you? ;)
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Offline bryonut

• I'm not just sure, I'm HIV positive!
« Reply #41 on: February 01, 2008, 03:42:52 pm »
Welcome back your majesty. You have been missed terribly.

G-d save the queen!

bry

Offline sacinsc

« Reply #42 on: February 01, 2008, 05:29:27 pm »
Glad you are back. Saw your post in another thread and went desperately look for this one so I could get the story! Welcome back!

Matt
March 07 - Negative
May 07 - Exposed
June 07 - Seroconversion
September 07 - CD4 402 VL 118000 25%
October 07 -     CD4 294 VL 124000 22%
November 07 - Norvir, Triuvada and Reyataz
December 07 -  CD4 355 VL  550 .... guess the meds are working.
January 08 - CD4 446 VL <48 undetectable!
April 08 - CD4 554 VL <48 undetectable!
July 08 - CD4 666 VL <48 undetectable! Hporay...I have devil CD4's

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #43 on: February 01, 2008, 05:33:18 pm »
Uh? What roses? Does that mean I am going to be sent 2 dozen roses from you? ;)

ROFL, You aren't going anywhere. So no, the roses won't be coming.  ;) What would you want roses for anyway if you can't see them or smell them? You can't take them with you and they would surely wilt where you would be going.  :-*

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #44 on: February 01, 2008, 07:45:00 pm »
Bryonut and Sac, Thanks for the warm welcome back, it is much appreciated. Now on to Roddles and glaring holes through him.... ;) What? I am not worth 2 dozen roses? And actually I would have plenty of uses for them... ;) And don't ask how either. Hmm, and where I am going they would wilt? That's a matter of belief sweetie and Her Majesty doesn't believe in hell. But I don't mind you trying to prove me wrong, take the trip and if there is such a place, send me a postcard. I'll come visit..... ;)
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Offline AlanBama

• Alabama: the 'other' 3rd World Country!
« Reply #45 on: February 01, 2008, 08:29:16 pm »
Glad you're back honey!   I was worried....so now I'm happy to know you're safe.

hugs & kisses,

Alan
"Remember my sentimental friend that a heart is not judged by how much you love, but by how much you are loved by others." - The Wizard of Oz

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #46 on: February 01, 2008, 08:46:31 pm »
Bryonut and Sac, Thanks for the warm welcome back, it is much appreciated. Now on to Roddles and glaring holes through him.... ;) What? I am not worth 2 dozen roses? And actually I would have plenty of uses for them... ;) And don't ask how either. Hmm, and where I am going they would wilt? That's a matter of belief sweetie and Her Majesty doesn't believe in hell. But I don't mind you trying to prove me wrong, take the trip and if there is such a place, send me a postcard. I'll come visit..... ;)

The ashes are in the mail.  ;)

Offline MOONLIGHT1114

Re: Has Anyone Heard from Queen? - SHE's HERE!!!!
« Reply #47 on: February 01, 2008, 08:49:39 pm »
Queen and Her Green, Back on the Scene!!    ;D     ;D
OMG!!!!!!!!!!  Thank the Goddess you are alive, GF!  I JUST got back from group and missed you by 20 minutes! 

Don't you ever leave the house again wiithout telling someone where you are going....ever!  You almost gave me heart failure!  LOL

:-*   :-*   :-*   :-*   :-*   :-*   ;D   ;D
« Last Edit: February 01, 2008, 09:04:07 pm by MOONLIGHT1114 »

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #48 on: February 02, 2008, 01:56:41 am »
The ashes are in the mail.  ;)

Don't be sending no burnt roses but then again if it is coming from you, it may anything but burnt roses. I wouldn't mind some black roses though. And I know a certain pup who if he keeps it up will be roasted like a hot dog.... ;) :-*
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
Re: Has Anyone Heard from Queen? - SHE's HERE!!!!
« Reply #49 on: February 02, 2008, 02:01:39 am »
Queen and Her Green, Back on the Scene!!    ;D     ;D
OMG!!!!!!!!!!  Thank the Goddess you are alive, GF!  I JUST got back from group and missed you by 20 minutes! 

Don't you ever leave the house again wiithout telling someone where you are going....ever!  You almost gave me heart failure!  LOL

:-*   :-*   :-*   :-*   :-*   :-*   ;D   ;D

Girl, you better not drop from heart failure cause I sure as hell don't know CPR.... :D But I will make it a point of giving you my info so you can contact me or find out the 411 should anything happen again. It seems that you and another are quite the detective. But then I just thought about it, both of you had my previous address, duh but no one has the current. I thought Em did. Maybe she lost it or something. No matter, I am back now. Thanks for the love and the search... :-*
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.