Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 03:29:53 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773199
  • Total Topics: 66336
  • Online Today: 568
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 540
Total: 541

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: what can i expect?  (Read 40649 times)

Offline SMARTCHICK

Re: what can i expect?
« Reply #100 on: June 30, 2014, 12:38:16 am »
So how are you doing now?

I am on the same medication regime that you are on (Norvir, Truvada, and Preszista). It works wonders for me. No side effects. Keeps my CD4 above 700 - 1000+.

Offline muratti

« Reply #101 on: October 10, 2014, 09:53:24 am »
Hi guys. I just got my new results....my tcells are ok..arround 550, still waiting for vl ( last time were undetecable ) but i am writting cause my monocyte numbers ar highe then normal in my cbc test. Normal is between 2 and 11. Mine are 11,7. I googled and i saw things like leukemia and similar so i am worried now. Is my increase considerd high or not. Every other results seems to be ok in normal range ...a little increase of mean corp volume but i had that last time and doctor told me it s nothing to worry anout.

Offline zach

« Reply #102 on: October 10, 2014, 10:22:47 am »
your doctor saw those same labs. doctor didn't mention leukemia though did he? relax. he told you not to worry.

Offline muratti

« Reply #103 on: October 10, 2014, 10:31:16 am »
Ive asked doctor ..ive send him message. I have follow up next week but i worry so i wanted to see with u guys is that considered big increase

Offline buginme2

« Reply #104 on: October 10, 2014, 12:25:09 pm »
Ive asked doctor ..ive send him message. I have follow up next week but i worry so i wanted to see with u guys is that considered big increase

You should unplug your online access to your lab results.   After reading this entire thread it's clear you can't digest that data without it causing you anxiety.  Especially if a reading of 11.7 when normal is 11 concerns you.
Don't be fancy, just get dancey

Offline DallasJ

• One day at a time.
« Reply #105 on: October 11, 2014, 10:50:09 am »
i am affraid of pneumonia too cause i smoke too. i have to quit i know but it won t happen over the night cause i was heavy smoker.

I just wanted to tell you how I quit smoking in case it helps.  I switched to using an electronic cigarette because I could then control how much nicotine I was getting.  I would buy a lower amount of nicotine each time I got a new bottle of juice until I went from 30 mg down to 3 mg.  then I just stopped using the e-cig completely and haven't smoked since.  No problems with withdrawal at all. If you want to quit smoking, you may want to try this.  Plus the e-cig is probably much better for you to be using than inhaling smoke. I'm no doctor, just my opinion.  Good luck!  Try not to worry so much, and enjoy time with friends and family!

Offline muratti

« Reply #106 on: December 01, 2014, 03:44:34 pm »
Hi guys. Just wanted to check in and say hi. My last results in october are ok i guess. Ud vl and cd4 548 with 40 % . Life is ok, anxious a bit about status but gettinguse to it.
Happy holidays to everyone.

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #107 on: December 01, 2014, 03:46:11 pm »
You are doing great, those are fantastic numbers .
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
You can read more about Transmission and Risks here:
HIV Transmission and Risks
You can read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
You can read more about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read more about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
You can read more about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.