Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 18, 2024, 10:37:18 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772781
  • Total Topics: 66296
  • Online Today: 328
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 216
Total: 216

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Ladies Thread Part 53-Freezing hands, warm heart?  (Read 48073 times)

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
Ladies Thread Part 53-Freezing hands, warm heart?
« on: January 21, 2009, 10:06:46 am »
Morning ladies,

I hadn't started a new thread in awhile, and that's the only title I could come up with.

Queen, that bow was a bit large that Aretha had on her hat.  I love to hear her sing though. 

Mum, you do get a lot accomplished every day, it probably just doesn't feel like it.

Veritee, I know the eyes of the world have been on us for awhile, with the election and then yesterday's inauguration.  It's really quite a thing.

Andrea, I'm glad you let your kids watch the goings-on of yesterday.  It was really exciting.

I went to a friend's to watch the inauguration.  It was totally wonderful, all of it (even the part that the Chief justice screwed up regarding giving the oath of office).  Too bad about Sen. Kennedy, though I hear that today he's back at work.  I hope he lasts a long time; it will be such a huge loss when he goes.  He's the great liberal voice of the senate.  The Obamas must be extremely tired this morning, with all the events they had yesterday, right down to the 10 balls they had to go to last night.  I saw the first one, where they both danced with people in the service.  That was awesome.  I wish I could have gotten a picture of it, but I'm sure everywhere will have Obama memorobilia for sale.  I have a sticker I got for free from that moveon committee that has a picture of Obama on it and says "yes we did" and has the date.  I'm not going to stick it to anything.  I have a Time magazine from right after the election, and I will probably put that, the sticker, and anything else I get regarding Obama in a file someday for my grandkids.  I doubt they really know the significance of yesterday. 

Today I need to work on biology homework. I don't understand all of it.  When I talked to a couple of my classmates, they didn't get all of it either, so I don't feel so bad.  It's nice knowing I'm not the only one who doesn't understand (like it was with microeconomics).  Other than that, nothing else planned.  My brother left me a move to watch when he came over the other night so we could continue our watching of "The Wire."  So anyway, I might watch that.  You ladies have a good day.
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Condom and Lube Info https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/safer-sex
Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/treatmentasprevention-tasp

Offline minismom

• Quocumque jeceris stabit
Re: Ladies Thread Part 53-Freezing hands, warm heart?
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2009, 11:39:02 am »
I'm doing a bit better today.  My head is a bit more cleared.  After the crazyness of me forgetting to turn on the crockpot yesterday,  supper for tonight is already cooked so 1 less thing I need to deal with.  The sky is FINALLY clear blue and lots of sun.  Still cold - high 25 - but that's balmy compared to what we've had.  Schools here closed and I have no idea why.  They'll have to make it up in June and shorten their summer vacations. 

Tomorrow, Hubby is going to take his Civil Servant's test to get a job with the Census Bureau.  Business is slow, and we could use the extra money.  The jobs are temporary - about 2yrs - but it will allow us to pay off some stuff, repair some things, and he can still schedule clients around it.  Some of the Bureau jobs are done at home and he's hoping that what he'll get.  But, being bi-lingual, they'll probably put him in the field.

Laundry, school, food....lol...I should just log on and say "Ditto".  My life doesn't change much.

Betty, good luck with biology.  Science was never my best subject.  I'm still waiting for my graduation invitation - it's almost May!

Mum
www.watoto.com
www.MotherBearProject.org
"Whichever way you throw me, i will stand"
"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today...it's already tomorrow in Australia"  Charles Schultz

Offline netta

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2009, 04:08:15 pm »
good day all, sorry to hear about Kate passing. My condolenses to her family. I am doing well. I am going to ask my doctor next month about weaning off my zoloff. I would never just stop cold turkey!!! I hope all is well, I have a mamogram, and ct scan, and a colon cleanse, all scheduled for tomorrow!!!! this is my first time for the colon cleanse,my sister has had it and feels great. I found out  from my gyn doc,my insurance covers it.
Queen- you go girl!!!!

"to thine own self be true"

Offline camille07

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2009, 07:58:59 pm »
Good afternoon ladies-

I just spend 40 minutes writing to everyone and bam everything went blink and now I'm peed off since its gone.  I think this will be more like the cliff notes.

Christy -  thanks for the kind words.  I don't know much about hiv2, where as I'm quite familiar with the coinfection info.  I was infected by my boyfriend with also had Hep C.  I'm gonna "google" it tonight.  Sounds smart to keep him at bay due to the trust has been diminished by your suspicions.

BT-  What a fashion faux pau on Aretha's part.  She has niched herself into the halls of music history with her amazing voice.  I felt that the bow was such a distraction.
Frustrating when you grasp a concept.  It happens all the time to me with new computer programs.  It least you can commiserate with the other students.

Netta-  Good wishes on your tests tomorrow.  What kind of colon cleanse?  I did one for a while.  It was Sonne #9.  More interesting was the description on the canister of what might being coming down the pike, sort of speak.

Mini-  Hope you are feeling  better.   I'm believing things will go smoothly for you tomorrow for the hubby.   

Queen-  I know you're warm and snuggly over there with your kingdom of men....lol  It's sooo great that you are smiling and feeling giddy, as mentioned before.  You deserve it!

Tend-  I would love to see were you live.   You are moving soon?  Same area?

Vertitee-  Hope all is well with you.  I checked out your website and know that you're in a good place here.  Vent Vent Vent :)

I went to the ID doc today.  I'm involved in a trial for norvir, reyataz and truvada.  I agreed since I've never taken meds before.  Technically I'm unemployed so I have the time, since I have to go back every two weeks and takes about two hours for the evaluations etc.  I have a suv so I can get to the clinic regardless of weather etc.  Anyway, I started with a 15k VL and a 335 cd4.....My numbers dropped to  109 and 197 cd4 after two months.   There are numbers in between that vary.  The doctor is not concerned about the cd4 because everyone in the clinic is showing a drop in the cd4 count due to the ineffectiveness of the lab.  They believe that the lab is leaving the specimens out to  long before testing.  Oh did I mention the room was filled with 4 other people.  Kids in their last year of school before becoming pharmacists.  One of the guys, the older one was really cute.  We're all laughing and joking and my doctor says "oh I think you're doing so great on your meds, what I concerned about is your weight gain...7lbs in two weeks."  As I write this I have gained the weight of a new born UGGGGGGG!  I was really embarrassed. The cute guy says, "oh you're wearing a big sweater and you're really layered."  I thought, yeah, layered.  Doctor continues and says, "looks like the scabies are all clear too huh?"  OH Lord that's it....fatty here with post scabies wants to hide away into my layers like a turtle.  That was it.  But the jokes continued on with my doctor as I wanted desperately to run away from there...me and my layers.

Hope you all have a nice evening.

Hugs,

Camms

Offline vivyt

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2009, 11:49:40 pm »
Hey there lovely ladies!! :)

Betty- That's too bad about the biology. There is a lot of information but so fascinating! Yeah, the kids really enjoyed themselves. We are putting together a book which explains the history of the presidential inauguration. I learned quite a bit myself! There was one president (can't remember which one) who canceled all the parties because he felt that it was a waste of money. We also learned that the number of balls depends on the president. Some had 1 and some a whole lot!

Mum- What language does your husband speak?

Netta- Well I would say enjoy your day tomorrow, but a colon cleanse????:o

Camms- That was funny! Of course when you're trying to be cute something embarrassing comes up.

Well unfortunately the good weather is about to disappear. We have been in the 80's for over a week and now they say the rain is coming... :'( Oh well...I guess we need it. Other than that, not much else. I've been kind of feeling low...just stuff with my family and feeling very lonely and like an outsider. I'll talk to you all later....have a good evening!  :)

Offline minismom

« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2009, 09:12:10 am »
Wow!  It's going to be 40F here today - break out the shorts!  LOL with 6 inches of snow on the ground. 

Vyv: Hubby is native Honduran and speaks Spanish.  His family moved to the states when he was 2 1/2, but he didn't learn to speak English until he started kindergarten.  There's no sexy Spanish accent, though, just back roads New Orleans :(.

Camms: thanks for the thoughts about Hubby's testing.  He just called and told me that he found the place.  It was pretty well hidden...lol...following directions must be part of the test.  If so, he may be the only male there. ;)  Not sure when we'll know anything.

Our electric co-op just called to tell us that they are giving away boxes of those new lightbulbs.  Not sure I want them, but I'll tell Hubby to drive by and get them on his way home. 

That's all from this side of the mountain.  So, I guess I'll just end with a quick "ditto" :)

Mum
www.watoto.com
"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today...it's already tomorrow in Australia"  Charles Schultz

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2009, 09:33:54 am »
Morning ladies,

Mum, I hope you're feeling better.  It's warming up a bit here today also-expected high 35F.  But, by this weekend, it's supposed to crash again to a high of only about 13F. 

Netta, what insurance do you have that's paying for a colon cleanse?  Is it your Medicare?  If it is, I might check into it.  Your doctor said it was alright?  Good luck with all those medical tests.

Camms, I think that's awful that your doctor brought up your weight and the scabies in front of that cute pharmacy student.  What are they going to do about the lab?  You do need accurate test results.

Andrea, what's going on with your family?  You can tell us-or pm me if you want.  Of course, it's totally up to you.  I'm sure it is interesting to learn about the different presidents.  The History channel is running specials about the different ones throughout history (presidents).  Of course, you know I have no sympathy for you concerning your upcoming rain situation.  It's freezing here and we have a whole lot of snow.  Maybe I'll be more sympathetic in the summer. :-*

I saw the tail-end of the academy award nominations this morning.  'Benjamen Button' got 13 nominations.  I suppose I'll go see that now.  'Slumdog Millionaire' got 10.  I'm so glad I saw that.  It was such a great movie.  It's premiering tomorrow in Mumbai, where it was filmed.  That will be interesting to see how well-received it is.  There were some pretty harsh scenes about the realities of life there.  If any of you haven't seen it, I highly recommend it.  I would love to see 'Milk,' but with the ultra-conservative area I live in, I'll probably have to wait for it to come out on DVD.  A couple other movies I want to see are 'The Wrestler' and 'Revolutionary Road.'  Oh, and 'The Reader,' which I guess was already here and gone. 

Today my therapist comes over.  I really have nothing pressing to talk to him about, so I suppose we'll shoot the shit.  The rest of the day I'll be working on Biology.  I don't know that I'm going to come up with all the answers; I'm hoping the teacher will go over them in class or something.  I have a 3-4 page paper to do for my other class (The Family).  We watched a film last night and had discussion.  I adore the professor for that class.  The biology teacher is an old crank.  No, he's really a nice person, he's just been teaching biology too long.  He needs to retire.  I know he loves what he does though. 

That's it for me.  You ladies have a good day.
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

Offline cjc

• Sweet Girl
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2009, 09:46:47 am »
Hello Ladies. Things are really good here. We bought the things we needed, and caught up on the money we owed. I am so happy, i hate being broke.                                                                                Minismum, I went for the conference yesterday with Robert's teacher. She is such a nice caring woman, we both like her. Anyway she said she is concerned about his writing concepts and fine motor skills. I wrote down a list of things I can do to help with the writing  and we will be doing them every night.              I hope your hubby does great on his test . The new lightbulbs are great but if I am thinking they are ones that were discussed earlier, be careful if you break on cause they have mercury in them. We have them in every light in the house and have only broken a couple.                                                   Betty, good luck with the biology. I like the new thread title, I don't know about your hand's but I know you have a warm heart.                                           Viv, hope you get to feeling better.                                                  Camms, I would have been so embarrassed. I 'm sure your doctor didn't mean any harm but damn!!!!                                                     Anyway, that guy I was talking to, I politely told him that I could not date him. So that is taken care of. Still in search of love but I have my family and my cats(crazy cat lady here) so I will be okay. Hope you all have a great day, I have housework to do. Later.   Cristy

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2009, 09:50:29 am »
Gooooooooood Morning Ladies----

Well, today is the day of the funeral. Can't say I am looking forward to it but who does? Other than that not much going on just dog sitting Boo, the chihauhau, could never spell that word. Kingdom of men, that was funny though it does feel like it is raining men over here... ;) But I am getting a rest from them though I do hope I get to see Rey tomorrow ;D Idk, just something about him and Good Lord that man gives me fever. But enough about me......

A colon cleanse is that like a colonoscopy? I need to get that done but has been putting it off. Wouldn't you know, my one hearing aid gets fixed and the other one decides to break. So, I am back down to one again....Geez

Mum--- I feel ripped off being half Puerto Rican and knowing very little spanish. What irritates me more is that when other hispanics find out I am half Puerto Rican, it's like they treat me like I'm a mutt. Has been trying to get my spanish friends to teach me more spanish but I just kind of get blown off. I take pride in my hispanic side just like I do my black side. I hate when they ask my race or most just assume I am black.

I guess I am just going to relax until the funeral....Have a good one....
Started Atripla/Ziagen on 9/13/07.
10/31/07 CD4-265 VL- undetectable
2/6/08 CD4- 401 VL- undetectable
5/7/08 CD4- 705 VL- undetectable
6/4/08 CD4- 775 VL- undetectable
8/6/08 CD4- 805 VL- undetectable
11/13/08 CD4- 774 VL--undetectable
2/4/09  CD4- 484  VL- 18,000 (2 months off meds)
3/3/09---Starting Back on Meds---
4/27/09 CD4- 664 VL-- undetectable
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600
01-22-10-- CD4- 525 VL- 59,000
Cherish the simple things life has to offer

Offline camille07

« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2009, 10:21:14 am »
Bt-  I really enjoy reading your posts.  I went to school for film many years ago and worked in the film business. For one year I saw a film a day.  I was living in NYC so I had the opportunity to see a lot of indie films, along with many foreign films.  I don't have a lot of time to see films lately but appreciate that you fit it into your busy schedule.   The clinic contacted the lab several times and they are supposed to be working on it.  The lab they are using is only used for trials.  They take blood every two weeks.  This is the first time this new lab has been involved with something like this.  I'm thinking they (the lab)  bit off a little more than they can chew

Viv-  I'm so envious right now.  As the Latest tread titles sums it up for most of us.  I wouldn't mind the rain if I had a week of 80 degrees.

Mini- I wonder if your husband stopped for directions and just didn't tell anyone ;)  Here's to your clean colon.

Queen-  Sorry to hear about your loss.  Get through today and tomorrow is Rey.

WATCH OUT FOR THIS CREEP-  I went on the poz personals last night for one of the first times in a while.  I had my photo posted but I rarely had a correspondence with anyone.  Well, I met a guy in my area who seemed smart and worked in a field that I worked in for 6 years.  We were emailing each other back and forth.  He wanted to send me his photo and asked for my email.  This morning I checked my email and I saw his message.  His email said:  Here is are two photos of me.  Here is a recent pic of me and Spanky.  I included a naked pic as it would be nice for you to reciprocate. Oh and his skin pic was a picture of his hairy chest.  I thought it was a joke at first...wtf?  Has this happened to anybody else here?

Offline minismom

« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2009, 11:40:00 am »
Camm: LOL, I'm not the one getting the colon cleanse - it was Netta.  I only laugh because I lost my colon to cancer when I was 18 so there's nothing to cleanse.

Betty: I heard about Slumdog's nominations.  I haven't seen it, but have heard good things about it.  Unless it's playing next weekend here, I'll have to wait and rent it.  Is it based on a true story?

Hubby called and said he got a 26 / 28 on his test.  He was really angry - wanted to ace it.  But, he got the best score in the group.  He said one guy just got up, slammed his test on the lady's desk, and walked out!  Another guy said he never even finished it. WHOOPS!  Anyway, after all the sweating, the lady said you only have to make a 10 / 28 to be considered ???  No wonder we keep getting other peoples' mail!

Queen, our family is the walking UN.  LOL, we're all different.  When people ask what the kids are, we just look around and say, "Um...kids."  or we point each on out and say, "Boy, boy, girl, girl, boy, girl."   One particular lady at Texas Roadhouse kept following us, pushing the issue until our sweet #4 turned around and started yelling "STRANGER! STRANGER! HELP! HELP!"  Hehe, that got her to back off pretty quick.

Also, all you ladies having a colonoscopy.  Back when I was having them (monthly for 18mths - do the math), not only was I NOT put to sleep, I was also NOT given any drugs and had them done in the doctor's office.  Yeah, fun!  I walked in, stripped from the waist down, knees on the bench, layed flat-bellied on the table, head went down, butt went up, and doc went in.  Even had biopsies done - always a joy feeling parts of you being ripped out.  Hubby (before he was Hubby) would come in with me, kneel on the floor by my head, and read me the newspaper comics.  Ahhhh, Amore!

Love to you all! 
Mum
www.watoto.com

Offline camille07

« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2009, 01:01:01 pm »
Whoops sorry about that.  I knew that  mentally I must have just had my head on that darn cleansing process.  I also had about an hour of sleep last night.

Sorry to hear about your Colon loss. But congratulations that you are with us today.  All cancer is rough but colon cancer is a hard one to defeat.

Camms

Offline netta

« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2009, 07:44:15 pm »
 Today was really weird!!  I  had my ct scan of my abdomen to make sure i have no tumors or cysts. I have pain in my abdomen sometimes, since my hysterectomy. I think it is only scar tissue. The colon cleanse is suppose to help that also. Well I had to drink this nasty dye, before the scan, how about the dye went right threw me! I was running to the bathroom!!! lol. Ok then I had this mamogram where they smash your titties  between two hard xray plates, this was painful enough , then they tell you to hold your breath!!!. Ok  i was nervous for the colonics, since it was my first, but it was alright, nice room, music, candles, I felt like I was on a date with myself, till the tube started flusihing out the gook inside ! I even had a heated hand massager! to put on my belly if you have a little cramping, which i did, but overall it was a great experience. You leave feeling lighter. I have medicaid and medicare which pays for it. I can have it once a month .My dad died from colon cancer, so it helps to do all I can for my colon. Next I have to have the colonoscopy, which I have had years ago.Must have every five years.
Mums I am sorry you went through so much with your colon, this reallly, makes me want to stop putting it off, whcih I had been doing. We didn't know my dad had cancer, which was the sad thing, because he never told us. He just up and died and they did an autospy, thats how we found out.
Well excuse me for all the details of my day. Don't want to be so graffic, but I feel it is important. LOve to all.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2009, 07:47:49 pm by netta »

Offline Winiroo

• Positive since 1991
« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2009, 08:11:30 pm »
Betty I saw a funny thing on tv today comparing Benjamin Button to Forrest Gump. And you know it was a pretty good comparison. Funny too.

Camille I gave up talking to straight men online. Rarely will I talk to any men online, unless they are gay of course. I know there are a few men out there who can behave like gentlemen but the vast majority of them have been a little piggy even when told I am not available and not interested. I seriously never understood why men send naked pictures of themselves. Honest to God I do not want to see random penis. LOL I am going to guess most women like myself enjoy seeing a nice chest or bottom but really have no interest in seeing a penis. Not that I dont like them. But unlike men I am not a visual creature.

I am trying to reschedule my colonoscopy I didn't go to in November. I dont think there would be much to clean out of me if I had a colon cleanse. Its always diarrhea so I cant imagine with as much as I poop there would be much there.  ???
I also went up to the clinic and spoke to the scheduling lady and requested a new doctor. I havent heard anything back from them yet but I wont let it go more than a week without bugging them again.

Offline vivyt

« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2009, 09:33:26 pm »
Well the rain hasn't come yet.  :) I am so HAPPY that tomorrow is Friday. We have Pajama Day tomorrow and I am looking forward to being comfy in my PJ's.... ;D

Everything that is going on with my family is going to take way too long to explain. I'm just basically hurt by what my mom and dad are doing. My mom moved to Texas, which I mentioned before, and my dad called last week to let me know that he was having heart problems and that I needed to come check on him. He then talked to me about my car, my lease is up next month, and he said he could get me a new car and he would take care of it. Well, last night he called to tell me that the doctor told him that everything was fine and since he had a clean bill of health and he was going to Florida to visit his sister today. I asked him what about my car and he acted like he didn't know. I told him just forget it and I would take care of it. He then said that my sister wanted a new car and I could have her car. I said No! She has been in 2 accidents and the milage is really high. Why would I want her car. So he was a little irritated with my reaction. He then says he needs me to watch the house and get the mail everyday. Also he talked to my mom about my sister's birthday which is 2/1 and how she is going to have a party at the house. According to him my mom said don't worry that I or a cousin of ours would supervise the party. I told him that this was the first I was hearing about it and I will not be responsible for what goes on there. My sister, who is going to be 19, drinks and her friends drink, smoke, and some smoke pot. Well he got mad that I said that and then got kind of an attitude. I started to get upset because I feel like I am not apart of this family and my parents are both acting like children. I really should explain more and it would make more sense if the entire back story was there but like I said it will just take too long and I don't want to bore you guys.... ;) This is all stuff that I talk about in therapy and it always seems like it happens when my appointment is next week.

That's all....Have a good night!

Offline camille07

« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2009, 08:04:51 am »
Hey Ladies -

I feel like I've been up all night....which isn't true because technically I was dreaming so I some point I must have snuck in sleep.  A few weeks ago I had a friend stayiing with me.  He is co infected so drinking is a real NO NO.  He needed a place to stay so I said as long as he wasn't drinking.  Everything was fine until last week.  I wasn't feeling well and he wanted to borrow my truck to go to the AP which he has done in the past.  It was a real issue when he took my car because many times he would sneak beer.  Then we would get into a ridiculous fight. The week before he bought beer and drank it in my car.  I warned him if he did it again he was out.  Anyway he comes back an hour later.  The A&P is down the street.  When he came in he couldn't speak coherently.  I went out to my car and found a Lairds bottle of gin under my wheel.    I was shocked I brought it in and tried to be real calm.  Swaying he told me he was gonna dump it.  I walked outside with the garbage I saw him downing as much as possible before jumping back in the house and grabbing it and dumping the rest.  I've never see him drink hard liquor before so I was really befuddled.

I found cups all around the house with mixed gin drinks.  He passed out and white foam came from his mouth.  I called the Emts and thaey took him to the hospital.  He was sooo mad until we left.   I wanted to leave him there and give him money for a cab and bus fare....but the hospital send he had to be signed out UGGGGGG.

The next few days he did well no drinking and said he will never do that again...he is done with drinking.
I said I cannot see you do this to you anymore.  If I know that you've had just one beer I cannot be your friend.  One beer is too much.

I called him last night and asked how he was holding up.  He said that he had a beer.  I saiid "that's it,  done. I feel that this is the last I will see him.  At least from my end....When you're an alcoholic one beer is enough but when you have HCV....its another nail in the coffin.

Offline vivyt

« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2009, 08:14:29 am »
Camille-That must have been difficult. You sure are strong. What does it mean to co infected? What is HCV?

Offline camille07

« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2009, 08:53:49 am »
Co infected is HIV/ HVC Hepatitis C.   It's sooo frustrating when you believe somebody had really hit rock bottom several times and I was skeptical everytime.  This time I really believed this was  it.  I feel so foolish.

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18 on: January 23, 2009, 09:31:49 am »
Morning ladies,

Cristy, I'm glad you got your money.  I hate being broke also.  Thanks for the comment about the warm heart. :-*

Queen, my daughter is 1/2 Mexican, and when we lived in Alabama, people all the time used to ask me "what is she?"  (there were no Hispanics living where we did).  It really pissed me off after awhile. 

Netta, I'm glad you feel lighter.  I've had quite a few mammograms and they don't bother me.  I think different people do them better than some others do. 

Camms, don't feel foolish about your friend, the alky.  We (addicts/alcoholics) are very good convincers.  I know every excuse/lie/trick in the book I think.  How do you think he's survived all these years, still drinking? It sure wasn't being honest.  I hope he does quit, though.  He'll die soon otherwise (not trying to be cruel, just being honest).  I mean, it sounds like he goes all out when he drinks, it's not like  he has one drink.

Mum, that story you told about the colonoscopy made me not want to get one more than I already did.  I'm already nervous about having to get one when I do, because of being diabetic (and brittle).  I don't know how they keep a diabetic's sugar from crashing really badly when preparing for the test.  Anyway, I'm not going to worry about that for another 7 years (when I turn 50).  My dad had colon cancer in his early 60's.

Wendy, I sure hope you get a new doctor assigned soon.  I so would not go back to that lady you talked about.

Andrea, it sounds like you get volunteered a lot and also let down by your father.  I'm really sorry.  Have you ever told your parents how you feel/why you feel like that?  Or are you not at that point yet?

Well, last night we didn't get let out of Biology class until 9:50 p.m.  He likes to keep us up until the last possible minute.  Some of it is interesting, but when we've been at it for 3 hours and 50 minutes, with only one 10 minute break, it makes the brain turn to tossed salad.  We're learning everything everyone can possibly know about cells.  I didn't know they were so detailed and did so much.  The teacher knows his shit (he should after teaching it for 40+ years) and he just prattles on so fast.  He gave us a sheet last night of things we're going to be expected to know on the final.  He's got to be crazy.  There's no way I'll learn everything he has down. 

Today I'm supposed to go to lunch with a friend.  I'm not going to eat any breakfast so I'll be hungry at noon when we go.  I think I'm also going to go to the library to get a new book to read.  You ladies have a good day.

Offline Winiroo

• Positive since 1991
« Reply #19 on: January 23, 2009, 06:08:48 pm »
Yeahhhhh!

After a couple of phone calls today I am glad to say I have a new doctor. A real doctor.
I will be seeing her next week. I wrote a letter to explain situations that have happened and the anxiety I've been having since. I also wrote about my abdominal pain and the lack of pain management I have recieved. And I included all other health concerns I have. Plus a reminder that I need a refill on my Lexiva. I thought writting the letter would be a good idea because I forget things sometimes.

Although I am having a lot of anxiety my mind is sharp and I am not having any negative thoughts. Just the irrational unjustified feelings of anxiety. Its like my body and mind are not communicating. I am happy and all but my body is freakin. LOL At most it is annoying.
I'm looking forward to see how my doctor/patient relationship will be. I hope to have an understanding, personal and trusting relationship like I had with my first health care provider. She was and is a gem.  ;D

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #20 on: January 23, 2009, 07:02:24 pm »
Wendy, I'm glad you have a new doctor.  I had anxiety pretty bad a few years ago, and sometimes I still have it, especially if I go into a large place with lots of people.  I just tell myself I'm not going to pass out or die or anything and make myself walk through the places.  Of course, I understand this doesn't work for everyone.

Offline Winiroo

• Positive since 1991
« Reply #21 on: January 23, 2009, 07:36:50 pm »
I pretty much do the same. But nothing seems to be triggering the anxiety I have been having lately. I rationalise to myself and take a few deep breaths and try and calm myself.

Of course many of you know my son and husband passed away in 1997 and 2001. I've had some minor problems with anxiety since. But at the begining of this month someone close to me called in the middle of the night while they where having a psychotic episode. I didnt know at the time that was what it was. The person had said and I believed they had been robbed and injured while alone at work. While on the phone with this person and on the phone with 911 the noises and yelling from the person led me to think they where being murdered. That person is in treatment now and was never in any danger aside from themself. But like I said I did not know it at the time.
Anywho, since then I have been having severe anxiety issues. I'm pretty sure its post traumatic stress.

Offline vivyt

« Reply #22 on: January 23, 2009, 09:42:24 pm »
Camms- Thanks for the breakdown!

Betty- I haven't told my parents anything. The only person who knows my real feelings is my therapist. Most of my angst comes from the sadness I have since my mom left. Things just aren't the same. On a different topic...the cell portion of biology is very confusing. I barely remember all that stuff. I like the systems part of it. Oh, I am half Hispanic too but my skin is very light. People never believe me when I tell them.

Wendy- I'm glad you are getting an opportunity to see a new doctor. I hope it's a better experience.

Today it finally rained and we had pajama day so it was perfect.  :) We were nice and cozy! Tomorrow I have to go back to the dentist....UGHHH! When I went last week is was supposed to be for a cleaning and to get my permanent crown put on. When I got there I was told that I was getting a filling too. Well I said that is not what the dentist told me. When I had my x-rays done on New Year's eve she said that I had a very slight cavity and she did not want to fill it yet. She told me about some new paste to put on my teeth that is supposed to diminish it. I guess it has calcium, fluoride, and some other stuff. She told me to use it for 6 weeks and then come back for x-rays and if it needs to be fillled then she would do it. So when they told me I needed one I said I was going to wait until I talked to the Dr. Soo...the other doctor, who is an associate, tried to pull off the temporary crown but it hurt...bad! He said they don't usually use Novocain and most people can handle it. Excuse me! I told him it hurt so he reluctantly injected me.When he was fitting the crown he said that if the bite was good they may have to drill the bottom molar. Um hello? I don't want my perfectly good tooth being drilled! I had never heard of such a thing. Anyways, I don't think he was too happy with me. After the crown and the cleaning they said I need to come back the following week, which is tomorrow. I'm sure they wrote something down...LOL! Does anyone watch Seinfeld? There was an episode where Elaine went to the doctor and they wrote something negative in her file and she had to keep going to different doctors because no one would help her. I guess you had to see it. As I am typing this I am wondering if I already mentioned all this before...? If I did, I'm sorry.... ;D Alright, enough for now. Have a good night!

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #23 on: January 24, 2009, 09:06:25 am »
Morning ladies,

Wendy, I'm glad your friend is getting treatment.  That must have been upsetting for you. 

Andrea, no, you didn't mention your recent trauma with the dentist.  It sounds absolutely awful.  I hate dentists, always have.  And yes, I did see that episode on Seinfeld. (I love Seinfeld).  It was a hilarious episode, especially when she got Jerry's Uncle Leo to go see the doctor after his eyebrows got blown off (when she drew them on).  Funny stuff.

You all know someone else we haven't heard from in a loooong time, is Dragonette.  I do hope she's doing alright and is busy with her new married life.  Also, Tendai hasn't been on in awhile.  I hope everything's alright with her.  Living where she does, it makes me worry a bit when she's been off here for awhile.  Things aren't good there.

Today I'm going to call the grandkids and see if they want to finally go see that 'Madagascar' movie.  If not, there are some good movies (finally) here.  'Milk' is here and so is 'Frost/Nixon.'  Also, 'The Wrestler' is supposed to be opening today.  That's 3 good ones to choose from, and I want to see 'Milk' first.  So, it'll be up to them.  They're not up yet I don't imagine.  They usually don't get up until around 10:00 am on the weekends. 

It's freezing again here.  It's onlky 14F out right now and tonight it's supposed to be 0F.  Yuck. I am so over this whole winter season.  Ah, to be back in Phoenix again right now.  And be there the rest of the winter, until it warms up to 60F here.  Yeah, right.  You ladies have a good day.

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #24 on: January 24, 2009, 11:41:12 am »
Not much going on with me. My right eye is bothering me so much so I had to take my right contact out. And now it appears that it is sensitive to light and has been watering like crazy. I didn't get to see Rey yesterday which left me a little bummed. He prolly had to work, I am not sure because I haven't talked to him lately either... :(  At the moment, I am just tired, not sure why though. I am still dog sitting til tomorrow, that'll be some change in my pocket which I could use about now.

I want to see the Friday the 13th remake which starts next month on Friday, the 13th, wouldn't ya know. Milk does look interesting and noticed that Sean has been doing some good movies lately. Hard to believe he was married to Madonna back in the day.

Debating on if I am going to cook a roast today. I want to but I am tired. I hope Drag and Tendai are doing ok.....Until next time.....
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Offline cjc

• Sweet Girl
« Reply #25 on: January 25, 2009, 06:47:16 am »
Good morning ladies. I am up early, just checking in.                                        Camms, I am sorry about your friend. Betty is right, those of us who are addicts or alcoholics are very good convincers and good at hiding things. I hope your friend stops drinking   , for both of your sake's.                                                                                     
Queen, our family is the walking UN.  LOL, we're all different.  When people ask what the kids are, we just look around and say, "Um...kids."  or we point each on out and say, "Boy, boy, girl, girl, boy, girl."   One particular lady at Texas Roadhouse kept following us, pushing the issue until our sweet #4 turned around and started yelling "STRANGER! STRANGER! HELP! HELP!"  Hehe, that got her to back off pretty quick.
Mum
                     Mum, I thought that was really funny. How rude of people to ask you what your children are or follow you all around being rude. I like what #4 did, I bet that lady backed off so fast she was flying. ;). You always have the best stories. I need to teach Robert to do the Stranger, Help thing.                                      Queen, sorry your eye  is bothering you.  I wish I could give you some suggestions as to what might be wrong but I don't have a clue, I just hope it gets better.                                                            Wendy, I could see how that could make your anxiety worse. My oldest has Psychotic episodes and they used to scare me.      I am so glad you got a new doctor, I hope she/he is much better than the old one and actually listens to you.                                                       Betty,  sorry it's so cold there. Phoenix sounds good , at least it would be warmer. Hope you had lots of fun with the Grandkids. Robert loves anything SpongeBob Squarepants(he has one of the movies) but I am getting burned out on it. I would " lose " the movie for a while but Robert would be heartbroken so I will just deal with it.                                                                               Viv, that whole dentist thing sounds horrible. My dentist is very generous with the Novocain and constantly asks if it hurts, I love her manner, she is great.                                                                 Things are good here. We(mostly dad and Robert) got 27 grape vines planted yesterday and next year we will have grapes.  I am going Tuesday to look for a job, hopefully I will find something good. I enjoy being home but am getting restless so it's time to go back to work. Just something part-time, I need to be home in the evenings to help Robert with his homework and writing. Hope everyone has a great day.   Later.  Cristy

Offline minismom

« Reply #26 on: January 25, 2009, 07:15:23 am »
Good morning, ladies!  I got up early to shower and fix my hair...LOL..now I won't offend anybody with my Green Cloud of Justice. 

Chisty, good luck with the job hunting.  I understand the pull between job and kids - it's a delicate balance that's not easy to find or hold on to.  I hope you find exactly what you and Robert need.  The funny thing about #4 is that we have NEVER taught her to yell "stranger".  She literally hates people and avoids them at all cost.  So, to hear her start screaming was hysterical!  You'd be amazed at the stupid stuff people ask / say to us.

Betty, Friday here was wonderful - up to 50F and sun for miles.  Yesterday, the bottom fell.  Down went the temps and the snow.  Not sure it's going to be much better today, but only 30% chance of snow tomorrow and Tuesday.  Hubby's going to need to bring up some more firewood.

Our sweet #5 lost his first tooth last night.  Honestly, he didn't "lose" it, Hubby yanked it out.  It was loose, and the adult tooth was growing in behind it.  The dentist said either he could pull it and charge us, or we could do it for free.  LOL..we're cheap.  He has 2 more loose teeth, but those are safe, so far.  Mini's our money mouth with 8 loose teeth.  Once her's are loose, they take forever to come out.  Then, months for her adult teeth to fill in the gaps.  She lost her 1st tooth just before her 8th birthday.

Mini's complaining about her ears again and asked to go to the doctor.  I'll  call the clinic this afternoon and see if I can get her in.  If not, I know they can see her at 7 tomorrow morning.  The appointment will be followed by a VERY nasty letter to both the ENT and Doc. >:( 

I hope you all have a wonderful Sunday!
Mum
www.watoto.com

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #27 on: January 25, 2009, 09:32:35 am »
Morning ladies,

Queen, I hope your eye gets better.  My mum used to tell me to put a warm washcloth on my eyes when they would bother me.  Not saying that's a cure; but, it might help, dunno.  I remember when Sean Penn was married to Madonna and when they got divorced there were allegations of abuse against Sean Penn.  Wow, that was a long time ago.

Cristy, one of my friends just sent me some homemade grape jam his mum made over the summer. It is so good.  They live out in the country, down by Indianapolis, and in the summer they have a huge garden.  His mum cans.   Good luck with the job hunting.  Part-time might not be that hard to find.  I think most employers like that, since they don't have to pay benefits with part-time. 

Mum, poor Mini.  Please give her a big hug from me and one from Poppy.  If you would pm me your address, I would like to send Mini a Valentine's Day card and a more recent picture of Poppy.    Yeah, weather wise it crashed here as well.  It is only 3F out right now, and it's not supposed to warm up for a couple days.  Spring can't get here fast enough.

Well, yesterday I did a whole lot of nothing.  I was supposed to go watch my granddaughter rollerskate.  I went to the skating rink, waited for 1/2 an hour, and when she hadn't shown up by then, I left, came home and called her.  She said she had to get her homework done.  So, I told her we'd go see a movie next weekend.  I did get a pizza and salad last night from a nice Italian restaurant. 

I had planned to go do laundry today, but I don't know with the freezing temps.  You'd think I'd be used to all this subdegree weather by now, but I don't know if anyone gets used to it.  My brother said his girlfriend loves the snow.  I said good, maybe they should move to Alaska.  My brother got his 2nd master's degree from the University of Alaska (Anchorage) and told me every night they had to plug some little heater thing into an outlet and put it over their car batteries, so they wouldn't poop out.  I would in no way enjoy living in a place like that.  Anyway, I might tough up and go (do laundry).  I have some reading to do, which I can get caught up on there.  Other than that, not much else planned.  You ladies have a good day.

Offline minismom

« Reply #28 on: January 25, 2009, 05:16:25 pm »
I can't believe that February is starting next week!  This year is flying by already.  Betty, I'll PM you our address.  Poppy's new picture won't replace the old one, LOL, it'll just be added to it.  He lived for a long time on our refrigerator, then was moved to Mim's bed.  It's been there ever since.

Mum
www.watoto.com

Offline keepingfaith

• Go Me!
« Reply #29 on: January 26, 2009, 12:50:28 am »
Hey Ladies,

Just dropping in to let you know im still here. I just finished doing a outline for my paper that I have turn in. Doing the outline to me is harder than doing the paper. Yesterday me and my DH and a friend and her DH went out of town to shop and out to eat. We had a wonderful time. Today I went to church and we had a great time. After that we went out to eat again and I came home and slept for 4 hours. That was some much needed rest. That's why im up so late trying to turn in my Outline for class.  ::)

BT- What do you plan on doing when you graduate. I think I will start sending out my resumes' now. I will graduate in July. I'm in the healthcare field. Do they check for 'chronic illnesses' before they employ you?

Mum- I agree that this year seems to be flying by already. Give Mini a kiss for me and tell her I hope she feels better soon. My sinuses have been draining on my ears and its really bothering me.

Well, I'm getting ready to turn in I have to go to work tomorrow.

Talk to you later........

tendai

« Reply #30 on: January 26, 2009, 07:10:22 am »
hie ladies

betty - thanks.  i'm ok, its just that things do get a bit hectic here it gets so frustrating etc
wendy - congrats on finding a new doctor
keeping - im glad things are going well 4 u and your DH and school
viv - i think dentists are sadists, honestly. how else can they enjoy messing around people mouths with sharp objects?
christy - good luck with job hunting
queen - sorry about the eye, hope it gets better soon
camms - its so frustrating trying to help someone who wont help themselves isnt it

i had a very quiet uneventful weekend. im still feeling shitty, i think im toxic or something. no luck getting accommodation yet, still trying. About to panic.  Hopefully something comes up soon.  Its all so expensive and i dont want to be paying a third of my salary for rent.  Ok deep breath. 

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #31 on: January 26, 2009, 10:09:37 am »
Morning ladies,

Tendai, thanks for checking in.  So you're still looking for a place?  Did you tell your landlady there that you're moving?  I worry when we don't hear from you.  I heard on the radio today that world leaders are trying to pressure Mugabe. 

Mum, yes the year is going by fast.  It's amazing, isn't it?  That's cute that Mim sleeps with Poppy.  Well, this will give her another picture.  Poppy will be 5 in March.  She was 2 when I adopted her and I can't believe it's been 3 years already.  She is an extremely skiddish cat.  I've never had nor seen a cat so nervous.  Must have been the 2 years at the shelter around all those other cats.  I tell people she's got post-traumatic stress. :)

Keeping, I'm unsure yet as to exactly what I'll be doing when I graduate.  I'm not going to work to make more than disability allows.  Even my doctor said that would be a disaster, with all my medical expenses.  I don't know if a job would ask about chronic illnesses.  I don't imagine they would, unless you would be trying to get insurance.  Good luck with the rest of your studies. 

I'm up late again.  Over the weekend I got up early, and I'm unsure why it changed back.  Could be 'cause it's so grey outside.  At least during the summer, we actually have light.  I so hope we get an early spring.  I suppose I'll just clean today.  I was thinking about going to see a movie, but I'll probably wait for another day.  Nothing else going on.  You ladies have a good day.

Offline netta

« Reply #32 on: January 26, 2009, 12:10:05 pm »
Hello all, just checking in. I had the grand kids this weekend. yesterday my 5 yr. old losther first tooth also!!!! she said she would telll her mom and dad to leavethe door open for the tooth fairy.! Also she said the funniest thing while looking at her baby pictures, she said she was going to ask jesus to make her a baby again !!!
Queen- I hope you don't have pink eye, check it out. or it could be allergies.
Winn- I hope you are doing well, I understand about those panic anxiety attacks very well. I have much better controll now but certain things could trigger it, like what you went threw with your friend. I beleve mine came from post tramatic stress, from beiing raped as a child. for instance, I would be sleeping when I was a child at home living with my mom, if she walked into the room to check on me,and stand over my bed, I would automaticly wake up screaming. this is strange, I know, but I undrstand it now. I use to walk out my house at nite and just walk when I had a panic attack ! This was so many years ago. I have not seen a mental health worker in years, none of my docs have sugguested it and just keep giving me zoloff. T his is my fault, for not taking control, of my health.I tried in the past to get off them but bad side effects from going cold turkey, I know better now. I am going to tell my family doctor I want to wean off it. I am wondering what he will say, probly send me to a shrink, who will probly say no,I shouldnt, they never  are any help. I have already weaned my self, from 1 and a 1/2 pill (125mg) to just 100 mg and this was nine months ago, and I feel fine. But I want to get off completly because of the side effects. and I don't feel like they are doing anything but harming me. I am older and more stable now, almost 51. and dont want to spend the rest of my life on these drugs.
Tendai- hope things get better for you, I am praying for you.
cj - good luck job hunting !
minsmom - you are so funny, hope min feels better soon.
LOvE TO ALL !!!
« Last Edit: January 26, 2009, 12:21:25 pm by netta »

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #33 on: January 26, 2009, 01:51:38 pm »
Hey Ladies----

Not much going on with me, just finished cleaning up. That takes about 20 minutes when I vacuum and clean Lucifer's litterbox. I still have a few dishes but I am going to wash them after I cook dinner which is fried chicken and potato salad. Just catching a rest before I get into all that. Yesterday, I cooked the roast finally with some potatoes. Dinner was done by two. My eye is feeling much better though I never had pink eye so I wouldn't know what to look for. I think it just needed the contact out of it or something. I do have allergies but as far as I know that happens during the summer with the grass being cut and the ragwood that floats around. The only other thing I could be allergic to is my cat but I don't think so.

Tomorrow I have to turn in the other hearing aid and get my labs done. I still haven't found another PCP yet but am managing my diabetes own my own. This month has gone pretty fast, Friday is check day already for those who gets their disability on the 1st.

I guess I'll keep on listening to music, Al Green----Love and Happiness.....Yeah, I am in old school mode...lol....Have a good day!!!
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Offline wishful

• I am pretty content nowadays..Life is gud..
« Reply #34 on: January 26, 2009, 05:05:50 pm »
Hi Everyone!..Just poppin in to say hey!
Queen..i cooked a roast yesterday too...it was really good...dinner was done by 645 tho..lol but it was like my second time making it and it was def much better than the first...i cut lil holes in in it and infused garlic in certain spots ...it was the BOMB...ok ladies...I have class at 6 so i gotta be out..
Hope everyone is well....
I'll Holla................
Live life to the fullest...

Offline Winiroo

• Positive since 1991
« Reply #35 on: January 26, 2009, 10:28:26 pm »
The appointment today went very well. My new doctor proved to be a very nice, attentive, intelligent and lovely lady. I was given pain medication and an anti anxiety medication to take as needed. Now all I have to do is get my colonoscopy referral from the GI clinic and get the GI clinic to figure out what is up with my guts. The doctor said its possible that it is IBS. I agreed and stated I hoped that was all it was. She also is going to schedule me for a mammogram. I've never had one.
I was at the hospital from 1:30 until 5:30. Kind of a long wait for seeing the doctor and filling prescriptions but its not out of the ordinary with a county hospital.
I'm glad. It kinda feels like I am getting all my ducks in a row for the first time in a long time.

tendai

« Reply #36 on: January 27, 2009, 04:27:58 am »
wendy it sounds like you're in good hands. i glad u're happy with her
wish - hie girl good to see you. hows schooling?
betty - i havent told my landlady i may be moving. i'll tell her as soon as i hve found a place and confirmed it.  the girls who stayed in the garage packed up and then went and told her as their stuff was being moved out. no-one pays attention to the 'notice' business. like they came and said "rents gone up for next month" just like that.
netta - i sometimes wish too that i could go back to being a child, just eat, play and sleep and  let the grown ups do all the stressing about life :-)

mr out-of-town is coming to town today. i hadnt expected him for at least a week or so so im rather 'unprepared'.  thing is i wanted to see what it felt and looked like so i shaved myself 'there' and it hasnt grown back yet and i feel so silly :-[ i dont know what he thinks of shaving there. well whats done is done :D

Offline vivyt

« Reply #37 on: January 27, 2009, 08:23:53 am »
Hey all. Just checking in... :)

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #38 on: January 27, 2009, 09:55:00 am »
Morning ladies,

Netta, that's cute what your granddaughter said.  Yes, wouldn't it be nice to go back in life, knowing everything we do now.  Things would be different for me, that's for sure.

Queen, glad your eye's clearing up.  I hope they can get your hearing aid fixed quickly.  It must really suck being without it.

Jamie, good to see you!  How's classes?

Wendy, I'm so glad you have a new doctor that you like.  I hope you can get into the GI soon and get your tummy feeling better.

Tendai, it's too bad you don't have a lease like we do here for when you rent that locks in how much rent you pay for a year.  About the shaving...you know, I had to chuckle when I read that.  I used to do that when I was much younger.  I think most men like it, 'cause it makes them feel like they're with a virgin or some shit (that's my thoughts).  Have fun with Mr. Out.

Andrea, what's going on with you?

I worked a bit on my family tree that's going to be due in one of my classes.  We're supposed to write a narrative about our families to go along with the tree.  I'm unsure yet of what I'm going to write.  My family is pretty messed up, insanity and all that.  And I really don't want to air all our dirty laundry. 

Today I think I might go see 'Milk.'  Other than that, I'm going to work on schoolwork and get a few things at the store.  You ladies have a good day.

Offline minismom

« Reply #39 on: January 27, 2009, 02:17:20 pm »
Mini went to the clinic yesterday and as predicted, she has another double ear infection and strep throat.  This time the PA (physician's assistant) listened to me rant and rave for about 20 minutes.  She'd seen Mini before, and remembered her, so that helped.  She referred us to 2 ENTs and we're supposed to get a phone call from their offices letting us know when her appointments are.  We were referred to 2 because I interview doctors before I let them see my kids.  These are young guys and relatively new, so hopefully they aren't jaded (and can be easily "molded" by ME!)

Hubby decided against taking #1 and Mini to dance class tonight.  We have about 4 inches of snow in our yard, and it's supposed to change over to freezing rain.  It doesn't look to bad right now, although our road is considered secondary, which means it's last on the list to get cleared and treated.  Also, they wouldn't be driving home until 6:30 tonight - way after nightfall and in the middle of the sleet.  They had their dance homework done (yes, they have written homework in dance class) and I'll have to see if their teacher will email me the work from tonight so they don't get behind. 

I took out a ham for dinner tonight and chicken thighs that I'll put in the crockpot tomorrow with some BBQ sauce for dinner.  I made some mint dark chocolate chip cookies, finished Mim's dress for a Narnia-themed birthday party on Saturday, finished the laundry, had school with the kids, and eventually will get my shower.

Hubby let me in on my surprise for Friday night.  He made arrangements with my mom and dad for them to come and watch the kids so he and I can go out for my birthday.  They'll be here around 3 so we can have cake for the kids' snack (which he and the kids will make).  Then, we'll be off to a movie, dinner, and whatever else adults do when they don't have to worry about what time to be home. ;D  Anyway, he "had" to tell me because he knows I'm a planner and will take out stuff for Friday's dinner tomorrow (Wed.).  I need to make sure it's something they just need to either throw in the oven, or take out of the crockpot.  I'll probably just make tacoes.

So, anything out there worth watching?  Benjamin Button sounds good, but sitting on my tooshie for over 2 1/2hrs isn't my idea of fun.  I can sit on my tooshie at home.  I wish the weather was nicer.  I'd opt for a good book, a nice shade tree, and a great picnic.  But, with a high of 24F and chance of snow, it'll have to be an inside affair.  Oh, well, I can get in trouble inside ;)

Hope all of you are having a wonderful Tuesday!!  Betty, PLEASE be careful going out.  Indiana is supposed to have up to 10 inches of the white stuff today. 

Much love to you all!
Mum
www.watoto.com

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #40 on: January 27, 2009, 02:23:16 pm »
LOL@shaving down there...Well, I do shave down there now. Why? Because of all places, that's where the gray hair starting showing up first...*LMAO*  Don't feel bad though, Tendai, a lot of people shave down there....I know when I first starting doing it, it itched like hell and was afraid that people would think I had crabs or something. But after awhile that sensation went away, thank the Goddess... ;D

Wishful---I do that too with the garlic and I also use hot peppers. I also sear it on the stove in olive oil before I put it in the oven. Also uses alcoholic beverages to cook it in. Has done it with Arbor Mist White Zinfadel....It was banging...I swear I love Food Network, that is where I get most of my ideas from.

Betty--What sucks about it is the fact soon as one goes down the other soon follows. But what can ya do, ya know? Just roll with it and that's it.

Nothing much going on with me. I went out and got my labs done...6 tubes and pee in a cup....Yay!!! I turned my hearing aid in even though Ed was off today. He'll get to it when he gets back. Hasn't really heard much from Rey lately, all I know is that he has been working a lot. Sexy has been kind of quiet too but I think he is just getting ready for the Super Bowl....I hate that the Steelers are in it but I have to represent.... :-\
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Offline netta

« Reply #41 on: January 27, 2009, 03:25:16 pm »
Tendai- LOL, shaving down there??, well I tried it a few times and it itched like hell.
My colonoscopy is next month. Since I had to drink that dye stuff for my ct scan of my tummy, I have had constipation,  gas and bloating. which the doc said I would have,so I had to take a laxative, which worked but left me bloated and gasy every time I eat ! I am trying mylanta now. Seems everytime i eat I get gas, I am already on nexium, which use to work great. I don't know whats wrong now. I have been miserable , I took a laxitive Sunday, and I am still runing to the bathroom today! thank god the stores have bathrooms !!! lol
Queen, If you don't have red eyes,pus in the corners, and arenot sensitive to lite, you probly don't have pink eye.
Hope all is well.

Offline Winiroo

• Positive since 1991
« Reply #42 on: January 27, 2009, 03:48:10 pm »
It only itches if you let the hair grow back. I'm working on a new animated signature picture. We will see if I can get it done. I'm sure I will. My hair on my head is longer than in the original pics.

Offline vivyt

« Reply #43 on: January 27, 2009, 09:24:12 pm »
LOL! The shaving....my sister does that. I just get waxed every 6 weeks. I definitely don't remove it all. At my salon they do something called a "Showgirl"  ;D I always thought it was weird that some guys like there to be nothing down there. It makes me think of prepubescent girls. Anyways...

Nothing much happening. I have  just a killer sinus headache and I can wait to take my medicine. It makes me really tired so I take it before bed.

Queen- When you were talking about your eye it reminded me of Pink Eye. I had that once in highschool.

Betty- Let us know how Milk is. I want to see it. There are quite a few movies I would like to see. How long does winter last for you? I mean the snow... :)

Mum- I hope you find a good doctor. When I was little I used to get a lot of ear infections until they put tubes in my ears. After those were gone I would get swimmers ear. Ear pain is pretty bad. I hope Mini feels better soon.

Netta- I would not be able to leave the house! I WILL NOT go number two in a public restroom. I only use mine. Yes, I know...strange. I have driven from public places home praying all the way that God would let me make it home...LOL!

Have a good night everyone!

tendai

« Reply #44 on: January 28, 2009, 07:32:18 am »
hie ladies! mr out of town just said "you should have left some instead of getting bald".  Guess he didnt mind all that much. Its not itching as much as i had dreaded though, phew. OMG- this morning as i was getting dressed i felt something run down my back right. so im jumping up and down in a fright and he goes "its a roach". so i took off my shirt and shook it and shook it and i couldnt see any roach. so i put it back on and tihinking it dropped off and ran away. so i look down at my shirt and theres this huge goddam cockroach on my collar staring at me.  should have heard me scream and scream. and he was laughing at me saying "its just a roach". damn right its a roach, thats why i screamed. i hate those things.  bet my landlady must have thought i was being attacked or something.  And what did he say to comfort me? "at least it didnt come out on the bus on the way to work, now thats embarrassing."  ::)
Great news, i got a place!  its a tiny little cottage that belongs to this sweet old white man and his wife.  I told them straight off that i have a boyfriend from out of town who will be coming over so we avoid any problems.  It cost a bit more than i had hoped but thats Zimbabwe for you. Main reason i'm excited about it is because i have my own toilet and shower! and theres neighbourhood watch and its a nice quiet neighbourhood. its closer to work/town and i wont have to catch four buses when i go to my aunts house as the buses use that road. i hope nothing goes wrong between now and the day i move. but theres dogs, nothing vicious thank goodness. :)

Offline minismom

« Reply #45 on: January 28, 2009, 08:56:16 am »
Snow, snow, and more snow and snow.  Our road is clear of snow, but not sure if there's a layer of ice.  Our driveway has about 6 inches of ice covered snow on it.  Hubby'll go out later and shovel.  It usually takes about 2hrs to do.

Tendai, congrats on the new place.  Do you have a move date yet?  Will you have the entire cottage to yourself or are you sharing with the older couple?

Betty, I had a yeast infection in my lungs that went undiagnosed for nearly a year.  Now, they are saying that I have allergy induced asthma.  I've always had allergy / sinus issues, but nothing like this.  It gets worse when the air is really dry (we put a humidifier in our bedroom because the heater was drying out the air) and when the weather is really wet (rain or snow).  My lungs end up feeling full and I can't catch my breath.  I take a Zertec every morning.  I have rescue inhalers all over the house and in my purse.  I have a nebulizer that I can go a few days without using at all, but the last couple of days with the snow, I've used it 4x / day.  I have Primatene pills to open my lungs, and I may end up starting those again. 

We found a place called Health Access.  It's a group of general practitioners, specialists, a lab, and a pharmacy that charges on a sliding scale based on income.  As soon as we can drive out of here, we'll go pick up an application and bring in our tax forms.  From talking with the other doctor that's been working with me, I'll probably end up on Simbacort (sp?).  But, I can't use HA pharmacy unless the prescription was written by one of their doctors.  According to the lady on the phone, approval takes about 2 business days.  I'm not holding my breath, but it does look promising.

Mim is doing better.  She keeps complaining that her head and ears still hurt.  She's been on antibiotics for 3 days now and should be feeling better.  Last night it was so bad that I had to put numbing drops in her ears.  If it's not better by tomorrow, I'll take her back so they can change her antibiotics.  Our never ending battle.

Hope everyone has a great day.  Stay warm and safe.
Mum

This morning Mini is getting her first sewing machine lesson.  Not sure how I get myself into these things.  Here's hoping it goes better than the cross-stitch lesson. 
www.watoto.com

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #46 on: January 28, 2009, 10:22:09 am »
Morning ladies,

Queen, about itching like it was crabs......I had crabs one time, years ago.  I did shave down there, and then put on the lotion that you get at the drugstore for crabs.  And that took care of that.  The easiest STD I ever had to get rid of.  Anyway, I hope you get your hearing aid back soon and that they both stay working.

Netta, getting bloated/gas when you eat is very uncomfortable.  Did your doctor tell you anything about your diet?  I know when I eat like broccoli, I get bloated and gassy.

Wendy, nice pictures.

Andrea, I  have no clue what a "showgirl" is.  I can imagine, though.  When I stripped, we wore g-strings, and I had to practically shave everything.  Oh, we should be done with the snow sometime in March.

Tendai, YAY!  I am so glad you're moving.  When will it be happening?  About the cockroach, I would have been screaming also.  Egads, that's awful.  I hope you like your new place.  It sounds better.

Mum, I remember the yeast infection you had in your lungs.  It was brought on, we thought, by that building where the dance lessons were at, wasn't it?  Anyway, I used to work for an allergist/immunologist, and he took care of people who had allergy-induced asthma.  Once he got them on a good regimen that took care of their allergies, they didn't have any more trouble with their asthma.  Can you see an allergist?

'Milk' was an awesome movie.  Very sad at the end.  I never knew about the history of that whole time frame (that particular part in history anyway).  It's a good movie, and anyone who was wondering should go see it.

We got about 4-5 inches of snow.  I guess that means that the foot that was in my yard is not almost 20 inches.  Things have got to get better soon, don't they?  Someone tell me spring is almost here.

I really have nothing going on other than homeworik and class tonight.  You ladies have a good day.

Offline minismom

« Reply #47 on: January 28, 2009, 11:14:59 am »
Betty, through Health Access, I'll be able to see an allergist, a pulmonologist (sp?), and if necessary, a respiratory therapist.  The yeast infection was caused by the old studio.  We're in a new one and what I've got now is nowhere NEAR the problems I had with the yeast.  I'm keeping a journal of the weather, building conditions (there's lots of old people in our church so it is ALWAYS hot and dry in the winter), what activities I was involoved in, what I needed to take and when I needed to take it, and how it worked.  This should help whoever I end up with narrow down what's going on and keep them from repeating things I've already tried.

OK, I'm really uninformed.  What is Milk?  You said it was about history - the history of Milk?

Be careful going to class tonight, hun, the weather seems to just be getting worse.  I NEED sunshine.

Mum
www.watoto.com

Offline netta

« Reply #48 on: January 28, 2009, 01:03:55 pm »
Hello Ladies, Today I am a little nervous after getting a call from my gyn doctor.They said my pap smear was abnormal and I must have a COLPOSCOPY, which is  like a biopsy, where they use a special lite to see abnormal cells and take a sample. Of course I am scared, they might be cancerous, but after reading about it, it could be a number of things, like the HPV virus, yeast, bacteria or low estrogen, which I think is the latter, since i have been off estrogen for a while. Also being hiv+ can cause an abnormal pap smear. the thing is i have this befor, and when  was 19, I had to have a procedure called cyrp to freeze the bad cells so they wouldn't grow into cancer.This was succesful,and since then, no problems till now.Please keep me in prayer.
TENDAI- great news about your new home !!!
« Last Edit: January 28, 2009, 03:12:00 pm by netta »

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #49 on: January 28, 2009, 02:33:36 pm »
Well, I got a wake up call from my sister this morning. It would seem that a lady and her son was walking and slipped on a patch of ice in front of my car. I had to hear about that which I felt bad because the patch of ice came from one of those days I didn't feel good enough to go out and shovel. With the fresh snow on top if it, I guess the kid slipped and busted his lip. The lady got to screaming at my sister, talking about she was going to call my landlord, yada yada. I put some salt over the icy patch but what the hell, I do get out there and shovel. Of course, I had to hear from my sister on how much she shovels. I got out there soon as my sister told me about the lady then around noon shoveled again but it is still coming down. Not going back out there til later this evening. I am doing all I can.

My audiologist called today, my hearing aid is back but I can't go get it til Friday. I am wondering what I can do about Lucifer being aggressive. He bit me today for no reason, not the first time he has done it either. He just doesn't bite and run, he locks on like he is some damn pit bull. Never had this happen with other cats I have had and I thought him getting fixed would do something about that. I thinks sometimes he bites me because I won't let him in the basement. I mean he actually gets on his hind legs and starts jumping at the basement door. He's definitely one of a kind but I could do without the biting.

Tendai===I hear you girl. I had roach problems at the last place I was at and bombed like crazy when I moved here to make sure I didn't bring any with me. I just get pissed when landlords know they have a roach problem and don't want to do anything about it or tries to blame you for bringing them. Congrats on the new place.

Well, I need to go throw my clothes in the dryer.......
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.