Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:38:53 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772945
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 391
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 347
Total: 348

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: I might be infected from insertive Oral Sex.Got all the symtoms.Deeply sad  (Read 20604 times)

Offline jasonville

I Just wanna share my stories and a couple of questions to ask.
Really appreciate if you can spent time reading this, sorry quite a long story.
Im a Guy from Malaysia.
My exposure was on the 14th Jan. I went to massage center and after done massaging the girl ask me to have sex with her. I said NO! because no CONDOM, I dont wanna put my self in to a RISK. I am aware of HIV. But then she want to do blow job to me. from the info I got from the web, insertive oral sex was not a RISK. The blow job only last for TWO MINUTE then I ask her to hand job. after the event, she ask me again to have sex at her place but this time she insist, I just say no then went away. I felt something was not right when she ask me to have sex with her.
I started to felt a little bit worry after the event then I started Googling, I started to panic when I read Oral sex is a possible but extremely low risk. Then it relief me a little bit, but two weeks after the encounter guess what, I started to felt sore throat,and flu with runny nose, it last for two days after I took some medicine then it goes away, the following day I started to get fever and felt hurt at my lymp nodes all over my body, neck,chest,stomach,groin,and arm pit with lower back and joint pain, started that day my worse fear seems to come true. The symptoms was getting worse from day to day, I got red spot, pink blotches, and rashes at my chest, back, face and arm. my whole body itch and my skin easily become red even with gentle scratch, I got night sweats which occur almost every nights, my fever and body aches last for two weeks but in between that, I meet a doctor and explain my symptoms to him  but I did not mentioned him I got possible risk of HIV, he suspect me got viral or bacterial infection. He gave me antibiotic injection but no difference at all. my fever and body aches and nodes getting worse. I come back again 1 week after I meet the doctor, then he suspect me got dengue. Guess what, the dengue blood test was NEGATIVE. What else I could think of beside HIV. I determined to get tested 5 weeks after my encounter, I went to government hospitals and test using approved home rapid test kit, the result was NEGATIVE, but I didnt relief at all. I ask my blood to be taken and do an ELISA test but he say the result will come NEG. I assume that I still in window period. The most terrible thing is, I got a wife and we had unprotected sex before my symptoms occur, She also got the symptoms like sore throat, yeast infection, rash, red spots same with mine which I never seen before until my illness appear. She also complaining that she always got headache and severe back pain especially right after she woke up. She never had fever. from the symptoms alone I am totally convince Me and my wife got HIV. I got more severe symptoms maybe due to my anxiety and stress. She totally does not know what happen. Until today it has been 58 days since the exposure, I still felt my nodes at my groin and neck still hurt a little bit, night sweats, lower back pain especially right after I woke up, Itchy skin, rashes sometimes appear on my chest and I felt a burning sensation on my skin starting from the neck, chest and arms. I am in deeply sad and guilty, maybe I have infected my love ones, Every day I cried like a child when Im alone, I just could not accept the fact that my innocence wife got infected due to my WRONG doing. I just planning to kill my self if I am positive because I could not bare to see my wife getting hurt for the rest of her life because of ME. Sometime I felt like the girl at the massage center intentionally want to infect me and if I confirm HIV positive, she gonna pay all of this. Yesterday on the 8th MARCH (57 days) I tested again using an approved rapid test kit the result is still NEG. Now all I have to do is WAITING for 3 moths for my next test its killing me. I will keep on posting my results.
My questions is how reliable the home test kit after 57 days post exposure?
What is your opinion about this?

Many thanks
« Last Edit: March 09, 2011, 11:13:32 am by harry0711 »

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
Harry,

Don't bother posting any more results because they're all going to be negative. You do not have hiv and you do not need further hiv testing.

Getting a blowjob is absolutely NOT a risk for hiv infection. Not one person has EVER been infected this way and you certainly will NOT be the first.

Not only is saliva not infectious, but it also contains over a dozen different proteins and enzymes that damage hiv and render it unable to infect.

If you and/or your wife continue to feel unwell, see a doctor. It has NOTHING to do with hiv as you did NOT have a risk.

And another thing - you've come to the wrong place to make threats about making anyone "pay" for infecting anyone. You are an adult and as such, you are responsible for your own actions. Unless she held a gun to your head in order to force you to accept a blowjob, you are responsible. So no more threats - consider yourself warned.

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline jasonville

Thanks Ann for your opinion It relief me, Im sorry for what I have wrote about. I did not realize that, because lot of things going in my mind now Sad, guilty, anger and confuse. It will never happened again.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
Harry,

Apology accepted.

Stop feeling guilty. You did what you did and you can't undo it. At least you refused intercourse because there was no condom - that's the right thing to do. But stop worrying about the blowjob - no way would you be infected with hiv from getting blown. NO WAY.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline jasonville

Dear Ann,

From what you have mentioned, I am Hoping so much it is not HIV, but the symptoms I had is more to HIV related, that bothering me so much, it puzzle me,or is it just a coincidence of any other illness. I need your recommendation, Do I need another HIV test by sending my blood to the lab or an approved Home test kit should be enough? If I go meet a doctor in a clinic, what other test (other than HIV) I should do according my to symptoms.
Here in Malaysia taking about HIV is a very shameful even with a doctor, The stigma of people over here if you have HIV your a very bad person.

Thanks.

Offline RapidRod

You have been advised here and other forums that you never had an exposure. It's time for you to get on with your life.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
Hi Harry,

The bottom line in all of this and which I see you still don't really believe is that getting a blowjob is absolutely not a risk for HIV transmission. Zero risk.

So it's totally unnecessary to have an HIV test.

Any symptoms you are experiencing have nothing to do with HIV. If they persist you should discuss them with your doctor. We cannot diagnose symptoms in this setting.

Also for future reference you need to know that neither the presence nor the absence is the way to know anything accurately about your HIV status. When there is a real risk ---and you did NOT have a real one -- testing at 13 weeks is the only way to get a reliable answer to the question.

HIV is not your problem. Period.

Andy Velez

Offline jasonville

Andy,

13 weeks is the deadline. What I need to do now is waiting for that time to come right? Just to be sure of my status. I try to move on without anxiety and stress from now.

Many thanks.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
Yes, wait until 13 weeks to test. But understand that testing is strictly for your peace of mind.

I don't know how many other ways to repeat what Ann has already told you, namely that you did not have a risk for HIV. So a negative test result based on what you have reported is a foregone conclusion as far as we are concerned.
Andy Velez

Offline jasonville

Strictly I just receive a a 2 minute blow job followed by hand job.That is all my encounter Andy, I NEVER have unprotected sex to someone with unknown status. 

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
Neither of those activities put you at risk in anyway for HIV. Really.
Andy Velez

Offline jasonville

Hi there,

Firstly I am another question here not intended to argue about my risk. I Just wanna have someone to talk with my thought and here was really helpful. And this is just a thought.
I have been asking my risk in MEDHELP expert forum, and he gave me a reliever answer same like yours.
I believe on what you all been advised me about my NO RISK situation here.
But IF just under a worst circumstances and would be the most unlucky day of my life.
Would you be surprise if I infected?
Over the past years of your experience in specializing HIV transmission,  have you ever heard someone in this forum claiming to get infected same with my situation here?
Actually I have a 6 month old baby, I did mentioned it because of absolute no risk situation.for sure my wife are very close to my baby. Actually my anxiety come back again when my baby too got symptoms. ( night sweats, rashes all over the body,insect bite like, coughing and mild fever)
I have imagined this because during my wife and me are not feeling well due to the symptoms I have post before, both of us dehydrated and little amount of blood can be seen at my wife lip. I am afraid when a coincidence of kissing my baby just right at her skin sore. ( My baby having quite a lot sore in her cheek)
IF this is real, it would be the worst thing in the world ever happened.
I now continue to find a cause of my illness with my doctor.

Thanks.

« Last Edit: March 19, 2011, 11:33:36 am by harry0711 »

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
You've already been told repeatedly that you were not at risk.

We're not interested in your guilt-driven what if scenarious about risk to your wife and baby.

This is not an HIV situation. Period. If you continue to return here about your non-risk situation you are quickly going to find yourself getting a Time Out for at least 4 weeks from the site. HIV is not your problem. Like other straying husbands you are carrying a load of guilt and anxiety for having wandered sexuality. Cut out the drama and get on with your life. That's the best thing to do for all concerned.
Andy Velez

Offline jasonville

Ok Andy, once again sorry for that.
 :-X

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
OK.
Andy Velez

Offline jasonville

Dear Ann and Andy,

Can you delete this thread,

It is for privacy purposes, stupidly my ID name is recognizable.

Thanks.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
Harry,

We can change your screen name but we do not delete threads.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline jasonville

ok just change it into jasonville
thanks

Offline jasonville

Dear Ann & Andy,

I have just received a good news, I have done a lab test of ECLIA ag/ab after 15 weeks come back NEG and no trace of P24.
It is Just as what you all expected, I am very glad of my results..even my ID counselor told it conclusive.
I have one last questions before I moved on and meet a psychiatric for my trauma..
do my last test mentioned above can miss rare strain?
I mean the antibody test? since p24 only detectable within few weeks after infection..
Thank You very much for your support..

Offline RapidRod

What part of you didn't have a risk is it you are not comprehending? You don't contract HIV if you've never had any exposures.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
You are HIV negative. Period. End of story.

Get on with your life. There is nothing more we can do for you in this setting.
Andy Velez

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.