Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 18, 2024, 10:53:20 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772781
  • Total Topics: 66296
  • Online Today: 328
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 238
Total: 239

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: do i have it? please help!  (Read 17813 times)

Offline greekgod

do i have it? please help!
« on: November 23, 2006, 12:35:36 pm »
Dear folks
let me keep it short..i'm a 23 yr old guy frm india living in switzerland. Last year from the 8th of oct until 1oth of dec 2005 i visited sex parlours here in switzerland. i had totally 7 encounters of which 3 were just protected oral and the rest both oral & vaginal sex (same condom). The last time that i had insertive vaginal sex was on 9/12/2005. It was protected as far i knw, the condom didnt slip or break, but i continued for at least a minute even after ejaculating. i was alright until the 1st of jan 2006 ...after a heavy night of partying i got ill with chicken pox.( i got it from my roomies most of 'em had it during tht time). i was ok after tht for a while until i went ill once again in d mid of march 15/03/06.(almost 13 weeks after d incident) the first symptom was diarrhoea..n i checked 4 d reason wen i stumbled upon hiv...my heart started to panic..n i started looking 4 other symptoms...in a day r 2 i had a cold n fever..n two small swollen neck nodes..i started checkin my armpits n i found 1 swollen armpit gland the next day..it was a bit huge.( confirmed by a doc the next day).i experienced night sweats they were very severe, thn i was alright in a week..but thn i had swollen nodes under both my armpits..1 groin gland. i had muscle pain as well. i still have my swollen nodes but they r smaller than before.n exp night sweats nw n thn. i went for a pcr test and the doc said everythin was fine.(wbc, haemoglobin, etc)tis was in may.
    After a few months in august i got small swollen gland size of a small pea around my neck. they hurt me a bit..n they r very small. i fell ill once again by the end of august 2006 .i experienced night sweats was alrite 4 a while. i had white tongue like thrush on it..its gone nw..but my taste buds are a bit prominent than it used to be. i now gained 6 pounds during the vacation...pls answer my query at ur earliest convinence.
1. Is there any chance that i got it
2. today i caught a cold n felt a bit feverish now my right armpit node is again a bit swollen than before..

Offline greekgod

Re: do i have it? please help!
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2006, 12:50:00 pm »
are my symptoms consistent with hiv?

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2006, 01:07:36 pm »
You had protective sex. There is no risk.

Offline greekgod

« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2006, 01:21:03 pm »
thanks rod...

so do i need any test ? wht abt the swollen nodes and the ars lik symptoms that i had by the end of 12 weeks frm the incident?

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2006, 01:40:58 pm »
If you have persistent and troubling symptoms you should be discussing them with your doctor.

You weren't at risk for HIV in any of the incidents which you have reported. This is not an HIV situation. You're just pasting together a lot of unrelated bits and coming up with the wrong conclusion. Really. 

Cheers,
Andy Velez

Offline greekgod

« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2006, 01:43:47 pm »
thanx for the gr8 piece of advice Andy..i wudnt be troubling myself about it anymore

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2006, 11:25:15 pm »
Good. Glad you found this conversation helpful. Time for you to get on with your life.

Cheers,
Andy Velez

Offline greekgod

« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2006, 12:20:35 pm »
hello ann,

i'm getting mouth sores or canker sores often,..i dunno why?..its freakin me..last time i had potato hips i got it..n it went of in 3 days..and again yesterday i had chips n i hav it rite frm yesterday's evening...pls help me its bothering me...n moreover i stopped pressing n feeling my armpit glands n they r fast becoming small....tell me how safe it is to use ne condom for 2 acts..ie. blow job followed by vaginal sex.

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2006, 01:01:32 pm »
You can't be any safer than you were, except for abstaining from sex all together.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2006, 07:08:32 pm »
I don't what kind of help you want from us. You've been told that you were not at risk for HIV. Period. End of that story.

If you're having symptoms that are concerning you, discuss them with your doctor. Just because you keep thinking it must be HIV doesn't make it so.

Andy Velez

Offline greekgod

« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2006, 02:55:26 pm »
alrite....thanks 4 d reply guys...i'm happy tht u guy had given me a very concrete reply..i'd not worry abt it anymore.

Offline greekgod

« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2006, 08:01:45 am »
hello all,

extremely sorry tht i'm back once again....but i forgot to tell you sumthn...during the last incident which my intuitions say as a bit risky..cuz even after ejaculating inside the condom..i kept continuing for a while..perhaps 2 to 3 minutes until my member was hard...wen i withdrew was kinda of soft and wet..could tht mean the condom might have broken?..cuz i experienced ars kinda symptoms exactly after 12 weeks...can it be hiv..cuz i suddenly started to panice seeing the canker sore ..i havnt got it b4..i got it once wen i had potato chips and mint..and again a few days back wen i had potato chips...pls reply

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2006, 09:02:25 am »
When a condom fails you know it without any guess work. You had protected sex and there is nothing you can add to change the fact that you were not at risk.

Offline greekgod

« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2006, 09:04:15 am »
so...how do u define my risk...is it low risk r no risk...pls answer me ,...rod my bro

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #14 on: December 05, 2006, 09:05:30 am »
Zero risk.

Offline greekgod

« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2006, 09:16:33 am »
thanks so much rod for ur reassurance :)

Offline greekgod

« Reply #16 on: December 05, 2006, 12:19:25 pm »
hello Rod,

please answer me one more thing...do i warrant any testing..cuz i did a normal blood count, liver function, kidney function and CRP test 5 months after the incident and 2 months after the flu..i report was fine..now i'm much worried abt the swollen glands on my neck armpits and one on the groin..those under my armpits have grown smaller after i stopped pressing them, but still it hangs on its almost 9 since they appeared...and i had night sweats during the fever in march n when i had fever in august and i had night sweats occurring now and then  frm march until september..i had never had night sweats before..

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #17 on: December 05, 2006, 12:26:29 pm »
Whatever your problem is, it is unrelated to HIV. See your doctor.

Offline greekgod

« Reply #18 on: December 05, 2006, 01:12:48 pm »
one last thing pls...i have had psoriasis..and since i experienced my ARs kinda symptoms 13 week after the incident..i've a doubt..will psoriasis affect my sero conversion..cuz after my chicken pox my psoriasis aggrevated and i got chicken pox approx 15 to 20 after the incident...

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #19 on: December 05, 2006, 03:31:46 pm »
Greek, lets try another approach. You can't have a delayed seroconversion, you was never at risk. In order to seroconvert you have to be infected and you couldn't have been infected because you used a condom.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2006, 06:24:30 pm by RapidRod »

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #20 on: December 05, 2006, 06:16:53 pm »
greek,

If you cannot put this behind you, why don't you just go test? Testing is the ONLY way to know your status 100%.

Anyone who is sexually active should be having a full sexual health care check-up, including but not limited to hiv testing, at least once a year and more often if unprotected intercourse occurs.

If you aren't already having regular, routine check-ups, now is the time to start. As long as you make sure condoms are being used for intercourse, you can fully expect your routine hiv tests to return with negative results. Don't forget to always get checked for all the other sexually transmitted infections as well, because they are MUCH easier to transmit than hiv.

Go test and collect your negative result so you can put this incident behind you. You weren't at risk when wearing a condom. If you have doubts anyway, then test.

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline greekgod

« Reply #21 on: December 05, 2006, 06:37:05 pm »
i thank both ann & rod...for reassuring me. once again....though i was bugging you guys a bit.

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #22 on: December 05, 2006, 06:51:53 pm »
Greek, I just hope that you've gain some knowledge on the subject of HIV. Make sure you use condoms and plenty of water base lube and keep it safe.

Offline greekgod

« Reply #23 on: December 22, 2006, 04:15:50 pm »
Dear all,
i'm back once again..sorry for that...my question is howsafe are condoms..i had ars like symptom after 13 weeks of my enounter,...and i'd always used the same condom for both oral sex and vaginal sex..is tht not a problem...pls reply

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #24 on: December 22, 2006, 04:49:19 pm »
The consistant use of a condom and correctly used is 100% effective for the prevention of HIV. You don't get ARS at or after 13 weeks. You don't get ARS at five weeks. It's 2-4 after infection. This the second time you've asked the same question.

Offline greekgod

« Reply #25 on: December 22, 2006, 05:03:22 pm »
i'm sorry Rod...my doubt is..after the encounter in about 2 weeks i was down with chicken pox..and i had high fever during the period..so could it be the reason for my chicken pox..although it was from my roomie tht caught chicken pox..the time makes me to freak out

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #26 on: December 22, 2006, 05:11:30 pm »
Now what the hell does chicken poxs have to do with HIV? Your roommate had chicken poxs. Guess what? Where do you think you come into contact with them?

Offline greekgod

« Reply #27 on: December 22, 2006, 05:19:46 pm »
i'm extremely sorry...wht i mean to say is..wht if my ars occurred during the same period.. cuz i had fever when i had my chicken pox..and 10 weeks after my chicken pox i had flu..tht is when i developled swollen glands..afteri i started pushing my armpits to check if there was any.

now its going down..after 8 months cuz i dnt touch it anymore. so can i  be sure that i didnt have any risk?..
 this will be my last question ,i wud nt test your patience..sorry

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #28 on: December 22, 2006, 05:26:54 pm »
Anyone who continues to post excessively, questioning a conclusive negative result or no-risk situation, will be subject to a four week Time Out (a temporary ban from the Forums). The purpose of a Time Out is to encourage you to seek the face-to-face help we cannot provide on this forum.

Offline greekgod

« Reply #29 on: December 30, 2006, 06:28:32 pm »
excuse me for being such a pain to you guys..please answer my question...do you recommend a test for me..

secondly, can hiv r other stds penetrate  condoms...i had never experienced a broken condom..but had used the same condom for both oral and vaginal with ejaculation once at last..can oral sex make the condom less efficient. pls answer..

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #30 on: December 30, 2006, 07:00:27 pm »
greek,

Anyone who is sexually active should be having a full sexual health care check-up, including but not limited to hiv testing, at least once a year and more often if unprotected intercourse occurs. If you've never had a full sexual health care check up, then go to your doctor or local Sexual Health Clinic and request full testing. As you've always had protected intercourse, don't be surprised when your results all come back negative. Test for your peace of mind and put this behind you.

Neither hiv nor other STIs will penetrate latex or polyurethane condoms. You did not have a risk for hiv infection during protected intercourse or during a blowjob, protected or not.

Oral does NOT make a condom less efficient.

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #31 on: December 30, 2006, 07:02:12 pm »
Read the condom link at the bottom of any of Ann's posts. You didn't have a risk, so you don't need to test. You want to waste money and resources, then test. Just quit posting about it.

Offline greekgod

« Reply #32 on: December 30, 2006, 07:06:58 pm »
Thanks for your replies guys..have a wonderful new year.

« Reply #33 on: December 31, 2006, 03:44:07 am »
He'll be back ;)

Greek, forget about HIV, you wore condoms, remember. Whenever those doubts creep back in just accept them for what they are, doubts. Facts are basic here, protected intercourse means that HIV isn't an issue here.

Try some breathing exercises the next time those dangerous thoughts emerge, either they'll disappear or you'll pass out from all that rapid, shallow breathing, either way you've avoided a repetitive post.....and reread your thread, nothing is going to change everytime another "what if" comes up.

Seriously, relax

Offline greekgod

« Reply #34 on: January 07, 2007, 06:00:52 pm »
Dear folks,

sorry again...i freaked out reading baires posts...cuz i do have similar problems..i've swollen lymph nodes  under both my armpits, my neck both sides and the supraclavicular region as him...and one in my groin..they r all small  lik say 1 cm and  <1cm but its spread across my body..can it sumthing to do with it...i got them after 3 my of my last exposure when i experienced fever duringthe evenings during march 2006..and in the supraclavicuar region i have small >1cm thick nodes since august 2006..please reply..am i still safe?

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #35 on: January 07, 2007, 06:09:58 pm »
You did not have a risk. Period... Stick to your own thread and you won't have the added worries.

Offline greekgod

« Reply #36 on: January 07, 2007, 06:16:00 pm »
Thank Rod..so i dont need to test?....please reply thank again

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #37 on: January 07, 2007, 06:21:38 pm »
No Risk = No Test..

Offline greekgod

« Reply #38 on: January 07, 2007, 06:25:10 pm »
rapid rod...Let the good God bless you and shower you with grace and abundance,....merci

Offline greekgod

« Reply #39 on: January 21, 2007, 04:55:08 pm »
i'm sorry tht i'm back..

i hve a few questons pls answer

is psoriasis an auto immune disease...n can it act as an immuno suppressant? and can it delay ars symptoms to appear...and in a few websites they have mentioned ars symptoms can appear between 1 and 3 months ie even until 12 weeks..pls clarify..cuz  need to knw if psoriasis could delay ars symptoms to appear..r in other words sero conversion to take place.

thnks

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #40 on: January 21, 2007, 05:18:39 pm »
The answer is NO to all of your questions.

Offline greekgod

« Reply #41 on: January 28, 2007, 04:19:19 pm »
Hello everybody,

i've a doubt..when they say condoms are 100% safe why do they still ask you to go for a test.

another question could  chicken pox delay the arrival of ars symptoms.

pls reply

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #42 on: January 28, 2007, 04:37:39 pm »
I don't know who you mean by "they" telling you to test even if a condom was used. Condoms provide very effective protection against HIV transmission. Testing is not necessary after a protected incident.

Perhaps the testing you are referring to is what we say about anyone who's sexually active ought to have a full STD panel done regularly since other STDs are much easier to catch.

And no,  having chicken pox would not have affected ARS, but then you weren't at risk so ARS is not an issue for you. Really.
Andy Velez

Offline greekgod

« Reply #43 on: January 28, 2007, 04:42:05 pm »
thanks Andy

i meant certain websites.. it creates a doubt about the protection offered by condoms though it says  its safe. and why some say it 'safer sex' use condoms and not "safe sex'

Offline greekgod

« Reply #44 on: January 28, 2007, 04:44:40 pm »
And also how do u mean by saying chicken pox wouldnt have caused ars symptoms to be delayed..cant it be subtle...and then become prominent after 10 weeks as in my case.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #45 on: January 28, 2007, 04:53:06 pm »
We only talk about "safer sex" here. Other than with your hand by yourself there is no such thing as 100% safe sex. Anyone who says otherwise is being inaccurate.

However, we know from decades of experience and much data that condoms provide very effective protection against HIV transmission and it's as close to 100% as anything is going to get.

As to this other twist you are tossing in now about chicken pox, you need to stop practicing medicine on yourself without a license. All of this is totally irrelevant because you weren't at risk to begin with. If you're just going to carry on indefinitely about this issue then get yourself tested at 13 weeks, collect the inevitable negative result and get on with your life. No kidding. This is all about mindgames you're having with yourself and this is NOT an HIV situation. Period.

And you're just heartbeats away from getting a four week time out. It's time for you to stop indulging yourself over this. 
« Last Edit: January 28, 2007, 04:54:47 pm by Andy Velez »
Andy Velez

Offline greekgod

« Reply #46 on: January 28, 2007, 04:57:52 pm »
thanks Andy so are you sure i dont have to be worried about it anymore?

it is how it all started after huntin for symptoms  started to look for swollen nodes durin my fever and it started to swell one by one..so ifreked out..now i feel better.

Thanks again Andy

Offline greekgod

« Reply #47 on: February 10, 2007, 03:15:27 pm »

hey folks..i've a question..pls answer

I've gone through certain websites which say..psoriasis is an autoimmune disease..and since automimmune diseases can delay the onset of ars symptoms..could it be a reason?...

I've been experiencng night sweats for hte past few days...is it true that night sweats accompanied by fever is the exact kind of night sweat that one experiences in relation to HIV?...
pls clarify

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #48 on: February 10, 2007, 04:24:14 pm »
psoriasis, is not an immune disease. The immune system my cause psoriasis, big difference.

Offline greekgod

« Reply #49 on: February 10, 2007, 04:28:20 pm »

Thanks Rod for makin me understand the difference..

what about night sweats?...the ones caused by Hiv are they accompanied by fever..? or could it be even without fever...cuz i'm experiencing night sweats for the past few days

Thanks again

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.