Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 03:49:57 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772784
  • Total Topics: 66296
  • Online Today: 290
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 221
Total: 222

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: having trouble with Therapist  (Read 4067 times)

Offline foster2006

• My home page
having trouble with Therapist
« on: August 16, 2006, 11:20:58 pm »
When I try to talk about certain things (not neccessarily HIV related) she says we are not going to talk about it.  She also forces me attend a group that I find about useless.   I do not recommend her to anyone seeking therapy.  The Consumer Advocate that works with clients of the mental health center I go to, is looking for another HIV team or such to take over my mental health therapy, etc. 

Part of the problem stems from the fact that she and the Psych Dr think they are GOD. I am in the process of getting my local ASO and the local mayors HIV counsel involved.

Any other suggestions?
« Last Edit: August 16, 2006, 11:51:57 pm by foster2006 »
11/21/2006 CD4        VL <50
10/02/2006 CD4 1034 VL 114
09/06/2006 CD4 1595 VL   87
08/02/2006 CD4 1266 VL <50
06/07/2006 CD4 1412 VL <50

Diagnosed 10/18/2004
Truvada(1x day) & Maraviroc (2x day)

Offline allopathicholistic

Re: having trouble with Therapist
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2006, 11:54:33 pm »
And what reason did she give??!?!??!

Kick 'em to the curb!     >:(  >:(

With someone like that, you never know - you might walk out a psychomess even though you walked in just fine
« Last Edit: August 17, 2006, 09:19:12 am by allopathicholistic »

Offline Jeffreyj

« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2006, 12:35:53 am »
Fire her ass. Period.
Positive since 1985

Offline frenchpat

• Love your friends, don't eat them.
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2006, 02:58:20 am »
Dump her!

I had to do the same with an old fart who did not want to hear anything remotely connected with my being gay. We went nowhere - reminds me I still owe him money ::)

Pat
People have the power - Patti Smith

Offline DanielMark

« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2006, 05:34:00 am »
Wow Foster,

That therapist sounds completely out to lunch! Any therapist that would tell a client "we are not going to talk about ..." anything, is not professional. I'm with the others: dump her!

Daniel
MEDS: REYATAZ & KIVEXA (SINCE AUG 2008)

MAY 2000 LAB RESULTS: CD4 678
VL STILL UNDETECTABLE

DIAGNOSED IN 1988

Offline Bartro

« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2006, 08:38:54 am »
I ended up with a stinker of a therapist too.  There was only one in the area that my insurance would help pay for.  He turned out to be a Catholic priest working in a private practice.  He never layed any religious stuff on me but he seemed to be a real closet case.  I ended up going to a therapist that I financed on my own. 

How do you know when it's time to quit a therapist?  The day you realize that he or she is crazier than you!
Rusty

Offline Alain

• I am.
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2006, 08:50:00 am »
« Last Edit: November 04, 2006, 01:43:08 pm by cowandalehouse »

Offline Oceanbeach

« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2006, 07:40:45 pm »
I fired my first Therapist at the first meeting.  Have the best day
Michael

www.Commission-on-AIDS.org

Offline Eldon

« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2006, 09:56:39 pm »
Hello Foster, it is Eldon. Definitely get yourself another Therapist.

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.