Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 08, 2024, 05:22:12 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773452
  • Total Topics: 66366
  • Online Today: 367
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 263
Total: 264

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Andrew Sullivan on C-span Sunday 10/15  (Read 5709 times)

Offline randym431

Andrew Sullivan on C-span Sunday 10/15
« on: October 13, 2006, 11:54:45 pm »
Some (many) of you probably know of the Gay republican Andrew Sullivan. He's on many tv talk shows, political talk shows.

http://www.roycecarlton.com/speakers/sullivan.html

http://time.blogs.com/daily_dish/

Well, i was watching c-span friday am and they mentioned Andrew Sullivan was going to be on c-span sunday 10/15, I think at 7 or 8pm. (8pm est)
He will be talking about his hiv status. I guess he is hiv+. That really surprised me since I have wondered, and always wonder, how there can be "Gay republicans" in the first place. I know there are, i lived with one for 8 years (looong years) out in San Diego. Actually he's a good guy and a good friend, but I joke.
By the way, Andrew says he is not a republican, but a "conservative" (I guess).

So I was taken back a bit when hearing that Andrew Sullivan is also hiv+.
But he will be on this sunday, just an FYI for anyone interested.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2006, 01:48:46 am by randym431 »
Diag Sept 2005 VL 1mill, CD4 85, 3%, weight 143# (195# was normal)
Feb 2021, undetectable, weight 215#

Offline alisenjafi

• They say HIV comes from monkeys!
Re: Andrew Sullivan on C-span Sunday 10/15
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2006, 08:57:03 am »
A gay poz republican I hope he isn't going to get on a soapbox and tell us all how to live!
"You shut your mouth
how can you say
I go about things the wrong way
I am human and I need to be loved
just like everybody else does"
The Smiths

Offline randym431

« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2006, 10:05:38 am »
Here a youtube of part of his talk/interview. Kinda interesting (for anyone interested).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SAz5JAAIppc
« Last Edit: October 16, 2006, 10:18:05 am by randym431 »

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2006, 10:23:06 am »
Andrew Sullivan is another HIV+ gay, conservative, wind-bag who loves the sound of his own voice...he would fit in nicely around here. He has spent the better part of the last year apologising for his conservative, party-line positions on the war and other topics. Like the rest of his kind, he prefers to blame it on the "neo-cons" for hijacking the movement. He's about as welcome in the conservative tent as any other deceased ridden homo.

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2006, 10:36:04 am »
Well Dashhound at least you and him have a lot in common. Maybe he should read all of your posts.

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2006, 11:24:56 am »
Well Dashhound at least you and him have a lot in common. Maybe he should read all of your posts.

I rest my case...I knew that would bring you out of the woodwork. You are so predictable.

D*A*C*H*S*H*U*N*D

p.s. While I am at it, how's that little war of liberation working out for you? At least Sullivan admits when he is wrong. I wait breathlessly for your invectives... you are too easy.

Offline randym431

« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2006, 12:00:31 pm »
Getting off subject, with a bit of humor, here’s another youtube I just threw together (just wasting time).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MLxcTN_-_C4

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2006, 02:10:10 pm »
LOL, that was good.

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2006, 07:12:38 pm »
I'm looking forward to the day when Andrew Sullivan gifts Matt Drudge. Maybe Mark Foley will hold Drudgey down while Andy does the deed.

MtD

Offline randym431

« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2006, 12:34:29 am »
:D
« Last Edit: October 19, 2006, 05:59:26 am by randym431 »

Offline alisenjafi

« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2006, 06:02:58 am »
A gay poz republican I hope he isn't going to get on a soapbox and tell us all how to live!
Gee how did I get that one right!
"You shut your mouth
how can you say
The Smiths

Offline GSOgymrat

• HIV+ since 1993. Relentlessly gay.
« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2006, 10:24:53 am »
After watching Andrew Sullivan bare his soul in that clip all I can say is
My God you've gotten fat

Offline alisenjafi

« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2006, 02:24:51 pm »
he says the price of HIV drugs is coming down, I was just switched, to a more expensive atripla.
Has anyone found that their drugs are becoming cheaper?
Oh he has a relationship with god!
"You shut your mouth
how can you say
The Smiths

Offline Esquare

« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2006, 10:58:16 pm »
he says the price of HIV drugs is coming down, I was just switched, to a more expensive atripla.
Has anyone found that their drugs are becoming cheaper?
Oh he has a relationship with god!

Yeah I was kind of wondering on that part as well. The pharmacy price of Atripla was almost 1500 bucks. Someone here said on another post that it was a bit cheaper than the sustiva/truvada combo with their insurance. I've still got to come up with nearly 300 bucks a month for it after my insurance kicks in. I'm going to do some searching for prices for these drugs. I'm not certain but I'm guessing we are paying a premium for the abilities of the drug to work as one pill per day rather than taking several every few hours.

Offline alisenjafi

« Reply #14 on: October 18, 2006, 08:25:04 am »
I guess he is going to be the corporate face of White HIV
"You shut your mouth
how can you say
The Smiths

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.